Hawaii Island Events Reviews

19 Hawaii Island Events Reviews
  • Sierra

Sierra Rock · Married on 10/04/2018

Easy setup and breakdown

We used them just to rent an arch, table and chairs for our ceremony. We were pleased when they arrived and set everything up on time and came and picked everything up when they said they would. It was an easy process from the beginning and we would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Hawaii Island Events 1
    Hawaii Island Events 2

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Aw thank you Sierra and Randy. You both were a pleasure to work with as well. We're so happy to have been part of your special day and love how your vision was translated. XO John and Hannah

Shalane · Married on 06/12/2018

Hannah and John provide a power couple when it come to event coordination, design and rental hire on the Big Island of Hawaii. Initially when looking for inspiration, my lovely now wife, went to instagram and noted that a majority of the well-known vendors on the island worked closely with HIE. Hannah was a complete delight to work with in the weeks and months leading up to our wedding day (12th of June, 2018). Constantly changing our order and sending photos and suggestions of additional items that a wedding and receptions needs that we didn’t think of, like cake stands and a dj table. Hannah even facilitated our request for last minute changes to our order and didn’t seem to skip a beat. The couple took the time before our event to meet on the property where we will be having our wedding to run through the placement of the items and outlay the plan for the ceremony/reception coordination. This is where we met John. John loves a challenge and was constantly looking for ways to make our wedding day design unique. Nothing seemed like to big an issue for Hannah or John. During our event it rained and the guys reacted seamlessly to this and brought in all our outdoor items without drawing attention. We were lucky enough to pick up this couple and recommend you do also!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Guys....my cup runneth over, and John says "that's so cool". Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a sincere pleasure working with you both. Your love was so mesmerizing to watch. Thank you for making us a part of it. Hope to see you both again soon.

Alex · Married on 01/13/2018

My wedding was a page out of mission impossible. From making the decision to actual ceremony, 90 days.... And Hannah got involved in the last 20. Since I am doing all the planning myself, as the groom, a lot of communication has to go through email and a time lag. Thing were looking doom and gloom.

However, Hannah came through, BIG time. We had a vision built out, shared a lot of ideas, pictures, colors, and she went to work. in 7 days she got me the proposal, and in 15 days she got everything finalized and done.

It was, one of the very best when we shared with our friends. everyone commented on how pretty the decor and the lighting was. Were there hiccups? sure, the cake light didn't come on, but at that point it was already perfect and mesmerizing, that didn't really matter. Everyone on staff at the resort were whispering about this new concept, and they all went down to see it. I got a lot of compliments from the hotel staff, Hannah and my planner Pua deserves all the credit.

Would I recommend them? Let me put it this way: if you are doing a wedding in Hawaii and NOT calling Hannah, you made a mistake.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for such a beautiful review. I was so impressed with how much effort you put into getting it just right for your bride. Working with you and Pua was such an enjoyable experience and I'm so glad that you had a good time. That is why we do what we do. XO. Thank you again for choosing us.

Carrol · Married on 12/29/2017

We loved our wedding In Makalei. HIE was amazing. The setting was perfect . The only thing negative I can say is when they came to take down Everything they left over a dozen screws on the lawn. Luckily we were able to pick them all up before any one could step on them or our lawn mower chewed them up
    Other then that I would diffinitly hire them again.

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Hawaii Island Events 3

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your generous review. This was a very design you created beautiful indeed. I am extremely disappointing that my staff could have been that careless and will be sure to address this so that it never happens again. We are always grateful to have honest feedback,as it provides teaching opportunities for all of us. A Hui Hou...until next time Hannah

Carly · Married on 10/20/2017

Hannah and Hawaii Island Events went above and beyond to make this destination bride and groom feel right at home. Our wedding coordinator at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows highly recommended HIE, and straight away I knew we were in the best hands. Hannah and her team did everything to execute our vision (simple, clean and modern) perfectly. We even ran into weather hurdles (extreme winds) and had to move the entire wedding inside at the last minute, however, they didn't miss a beat and knew exactly what to do to still make our dreams come to fruition. If you're getting married on the Big Island, you need to make sure to rent from HIE. - Carly Spino (Los Angeles, CA)

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Hawaii Island Events 4
    Hawaii Island Events 5
    Hawaii Island Events 6

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Aloha Carly, We are so grateful for your glowing review. To know that our staff was able to enhance your Hawaii Wedding is reward enough, but we thank you for expressing your thoughts. Can't wait for the anniversary...wink wink

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

Hawaii Island Events was a pleasure to work with. We used them for our wedding day, plus events we held before and after our wedding. They were professional, efficient, and super friendly - giving my mom their cell phone number in case she needed anything. They had a myriad of rental options for us (we rented a love seat for our ceremony) and were able to accommodate last minute requests we had. They did an AMAZING job setting up our reception lighting. It was breathtaking!

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Hawaii Island Events 7
    Hawaii Island Events 8
    Hawaii Island Events 9
    Hawaii Island Events 10
    Hawaii Island Events 11

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are so happy that we could add to your experience. That means so much to us. Hope we cross paths again some day soon. Merry Christmas!

Lynzi · Married on 06/24/2017

HIE was responsible for almost all the materials used in our wedding (ceremony and reception). We had tables, benches, flatware, etc. all brought in - everything was amazing. On-time delivery and takedown!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Hi Lynzi We are so touched that you took the time to review us. But more than that, we're extremely happy that you were pleased with our service and equipment. We wish you many years of love and overwhelming joy. xo Hannah

Christine · Married on 02/25/2017

Hawaii Island Events did an awesome job on my wedding. It was so beautiful and perfect!

Jevon · Married on 06/26/2016

Wonderful service and a pleasure to work with. Answered all my questions and had everything I needed.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It means a lot. It really was a pleasure to work with you.

Jane · Married on 12/09/2015

Rented twinkle lights, ceremony arch, dance floor, table linens, napkins, and etc. They were really good about quickly resetting their lighting before it was a problem when it tripped/got unplugged and everything was delivered early to allow my planner to begin set-up on time. The Blush Glitter Linens for my reception tables, cake table, and guestbook table were beautiful and classy. Perfect for my beach formal wedding. Thanks Hawaii Island Events!

Matt and Stacy · Married on 04/08/2015

Hannah and John and the rest of the Hawaii Island Events were amazing to work with for our wedding. We rented tablecloths, chairs, banquet tables, and a dance floor from this company. The prices for these items are either great (as in better than competitors) or reasonable (about the same as competitors.)

As for professionalism, flexibility, and service, I could not be more pleased. Hannah communicated well through email as we lead up to the event and even ordered us additional tablecloths so all of our linens would match. John showed up the morning/evening of the event to set-up and take down, and he was extremely personable and hospitable. I appreciate everything they did for us and I will work with them again in a heartbeat.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/14/2012

Hawaii Event Lighting was a phenomenal company to work with on our Valentine wedding. John and Hannah went above and beyond what we expected and did an outstanding job planning the lighting at our reception. As a destination bride, it was a challenge to plan a wedding from the mainland. However, the team was very hands on in helping me with a design that completely blew our guests away. The monogram they designed to shine onto the surface of the pool was a huge hit! I couldn't have asked for anything better. I highly recommend Hawaii Event Lighting to anyone looking for excellent service. Everything we asked of them was perfect and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your hard work. ~ Andrew and Melissa

betty · Married on 09/20/2009

As an interior designer I can't stress enough how important lighting is instrumental in creating the right mood and showcasing your room..so the same goes for lighting on the most important day of your life.

John and Hannah are the most down to earth couple. Of all the vendors we worked with, we were the most impressed with them. John went above and beyond all expectations I had. He understood my vision and helped achieve it. He was around the entire night to make sure everything ran smoothly. He went the extra mile to make sure all the details were just right and not one single thing was missing. It's rare to find 2 people that are so dedicated to their work and hold such a high standard of integrity while doing it.

I can't thank them enough, it was money well spent. They made our party spectacular.

• Guy and Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Wonderful vendor!! Hawaii Island Events recently serviced my wedding at Kahua Ranch and did a beautiful job with the set up. We used their services for ceremony chairs, an adorable lemonade stand for flavored waters outside the ceremony, lawn games, reception tables and chairs, linens (tablecloths and napkins), lighting, and a few other miscellaneous things. Everything turned out beautiful. They are not a design company so you (or your wedding planner) has to come up with the design and what supplies you will be requesting. They are have a huge selection of supplies, are very professional, great with communication, and accommodating. I would absolutely use them again for future events and recommend them to anyone.

Leah · Married on 01/02/2016

The chairs and tables we rented were so lovely, the downside is that we could not get an extension on the time unless we wanted to pay for another days rental.
    the look of the rentals really tied the whole event together!

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2016

I got married at a private estate and had to hire everything from tables, chairs, lighting, etc. HIE was amazing to work with and provides an extensive range of items for rent to help you achieve the look you want. I engaged them a year out from our wedding and made multiple changes to my order throughout the year up to two days before the wedding. They were extremely responsive, professional and great to work with. They were like little elves setting up and taking down. You barely noticed they were there and they were finished. I found the service they provide to be great value for money and would definitely recommend them for any event.

Sent on 09/24/2016

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Thank you for reviewing us Danielle. Wow we got to see the photos, and you are stunning! We appreciate being chosen and cannot thank you enough for being wonderful clients.

Marcella · Married on 08/10/2016

4.2
      2.5

We used Hawaii Island Events for our wedding in August. I never got to work directly with them, but I used my wedding coordinator and my caterer to get rentals from them. Overall everything looked beautiful and I was very happy. The only thing was that the pricing was very, very expensive, however, since they are basically the only major rental company on the Big Island, there weren't many other options to choose from. I was happy with their selection and amount of items they carried. I was definitely able to find rentals that worked well with my overall theme and look.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Hawaii Island Events's reply:

Thank you for your amazing review. We are grateful to have been selected to provide rentals for your wedding, but we are so sorry we didn’t meet your price point. Often when working through a coordinator or planner, you don't get to see all that we have to offer. We pride ourselves on attainable design which both captures your vision, but perhaps at a more affordable price tag. We regret that we did not get to meet you personally. Up to now, this is typical of how planners book us. They submit an order, we deliver, set up and break down. Your review has afforded us a great opportunity to be more involved with the overall design in the future. We will try our best to work with planners, who allow us to be involved, to create custom packages for each customer. Again thank you for your feedback, it is a valuable tool that we will use to continuously improve our services. Mahalo
  • Nadia

Nadia · Married on 04/03/2015

3.8
      3.5

They were on time and set up for our event fairly quickly.