17 Reviews for Hawaii Island Events

Barware (1)
China (1)
Flatware (1)
17 Hawaii Island Events Reviews

My wedding was a page out of mission impossible. From making the decision to actual ceremony, 90 days.... And Hannah got involved in the last 20. Since I am doing all the planning myself, as the groom, a lot of communication has to go through email and a time lag. Thing were looking doom and gloom.

However, Hannah came through, BIG time. We had a vision built out, shared a lot of ideas, pictures, colors, and she went to work. in 7 days she got me the proposal, and in 15 days she got everything finalized and done.

It was, one of the very best when we shared with our friends. everyone commented on how pretty the decor and the lighting was. Were there hiccups? sure, the cake light didn't come on, but at that point it was already perfect and mesmerizing, that didn't really matter. Everyone on staff at the resort were whispering about this new concept, and they all went down to see it. I got a lot of compliments from the hotel staff, Hannah and my planner Pua deserves all the credit.

Would I recommend them? Let me put it this way: if you are doing a wedding in Hawaii and NOT calling Hannah, you made a mistake.

Profile Picture Alex, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We loved our wedding In Makalei. HIE was amazing. The setting was perfect . The only thing negative I can say is when they came to take down Everything they left over a dozen screws on the lawn. Luckily we were able to pick them all up before any one could step on them or our lawn mower chewed them up
Other then that I would diffinitly hire them again.

Profile Picture Carrol, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Hannah and Hawaii Island Events went above and beyond to make this destination bride and groom feel right at home. Our wedding coordinator at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows highly recommended HIE, and straight away I knew we were in the best hands. Hannah and her team did everything to execute our vision (simple, clean and modern) perfectly. We even ran into weather hurdles (extreme winds) and had to move the entire wedding inside at the last minute, however, they didn't miss a beat and knew exactly what to do to still make our dreams come to fruition. If you're getting married on the Big Island, you need to make sure to rent from HIE. - Carly Spino (Los Angeles, CA)

Profile Picture Carly, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Decor, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Vases, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup

Hawaii Island Events was a pleasure to work with. We used them for our wedding day, plus events we held before and after our wedding. They were professional, efficient, and super friendly - giving my mom their cell phone number in case she needed anything. They had a myriad of rental options for us (we rented a love seat for our ceremony) and were able to accommodate last minute requests we had. They did an AMAZING job setting up our reception lighting. It was breathtaking!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Decor, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Linens

HIE was responsible for almost all the materials used in our wedding (ceremony and reception). We had tables, benches, flatware, etc. all brought in - everything was amazing. On-time delivery and takedown!

Profile Picture Lynzi, 6/24/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lights, Lounge Furniture, Tables, Delivery, Setup

Hawaii Island Events did an awesome job on my wedding. It was so beautiful and perfect!

Profile Picture Christine, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Wonderful service and a pleasure to work with. Answered all my questions and had everything I needed.

Profile Picture Jevon, 6/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Rented twinkle lights, ceremony arch, dance floor, table linens, napkins, and etc. They were really good about quickly resetting their lighting before it was a problem when it tripped/got unplugged and everything was delivered early to allow my planner to begin set-up on time. The Blush Glitter Linens for my reception tables, cake table, and guestbook table were beautiful and classy. Perfect for my beach formal wedding. Thanks Hawaii Island Events!

Profile Picture Jane, 12/9/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Floor, Decor, Lights, Setup

Hannah and John and the rest of the Hawaii Island Events were amazing to work with for our wedding. We rented tablecloths, chairs, banquet tables, and a dance floor from this company. The prices for these items are either great (as in better than competitors) or reasonable (about the same as competitors.)

As for professionalism, flexibility, and service, I could not be more pleased. Hannah communicated well through email as we lead up to the event and even ordered us additional tablecloths so all of our linens would match. John showed up the morning/evening of the event to set-up and take down, and he was extremely personable and hospitable. I appreciate everything they did for us and I will work with them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Matt and Stacy, 4/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Hawaii Event Lighting was a phenomenal company to work with on our Valentine wedding. John and Hannah went above and beyond what we expected and did an outstanding job planning the lighting at our reception. As a destination bride, it was a challenge to plan a wedding from the mainland. However, the team was very hands on in helping me with a design that completely blew our guests away. The monogram they designed to shine onto the surface of the pool was a huge hit! I couldn't have asked for anything better. I highly recommend Hawaii Event Lighting to anyone looking for excellent service. Everything we asked of them was perfect and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your hard work. ~ Andrew and Melissa

Profile Picture Melissa, 2/14/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

As an interior designer I can't stress enough how important lighting is instrumental in creating the right mood and showcasing your room..so the same goes for lighting on the most important day of your life.

John and Hannah are the most down to earth couple. Of all the vendors we worked with, we were the most impressed with them. John went above and beyond all expectations I had. He understood my vision and helped achieve it. He was around the entire night to make sure everything ran smoothly. He went the extra mile to make sure all the details were just right and not one single thing was missing. It's rare to find 2 people that are so dedicated to their work and hold such a high standard of integrity while doing it.

I can't thank them enough, it was money well spent. They made our party spectacular.

Profile Picture betty, 9/20/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Wonderful vendor!! Hawaii Island Events recently serviced my wedding at Kahua Ranch and did a beautiful job with the set up. We used their services for ceremony chairs, an adorable lemonade stand for flavored waters outside the ceremony, lawn games, reception tables and chairs, linens (tablecloths and napkins), lighting, and a few other miscellaneous things. Everything turned out beautiful. They are not a design company so you (or your wedding planner) has to come up with the design and what supplies you will be requesting. They are have a huge selection of supplies, are very professional, great with communication, and accommodating. I would absolutely use them again for future events and recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Decor, Lights, Tables, Vases, Linens

The chairs and tables we rented were so lovely, the downside is that we could not get an extension on the time unless we wanted to pay for another days rental.
the look of the rentals really tied the whole event together!

Profile Picture Leah , 1/2/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Tables

I got married at a private estate and had to hire everything from tables, chairs, lighting, etc. HIE was amazing to work with and provides an extensive range of items for rent to help you achieve the look you want. I engaged them a year out from our wedding and made multiple changes to my order throughout the year up to two days before the wedding. They were extremely responsive, professional and great to work with. They were like little elves setting up and taking down. You barely noticed they were there and they were finished. I found the service they provide to be great value for money and would definitely recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Barware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Decor, Lights, Tables
4.3

We used Hawaii Island Events for our wedding in August. I never got to work directly with them, but I used my wedding coordinator and my caterer to get rentals from them. Overall everything looked beautiful and I was very happy. The only thing was that the pricing was very, very expensive, however, since they are basically the only major rental company on the Big Island, there weren't many other options to choose from. I was happy with their selection and amount of items they carried. I was definitely able to find rentals that worked well with my overall theme and look.

Profile Picture User7151555, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
3.9

They were on time and set up for our event fairly quickly.

Profile Picture Nadia, 4/3/15, 5 Reviews