Harris Bloom Reviews

133 | New York, NY

133 Reviews for Harris Bloom

Renan Aparicio · Married on 06/09/2020

Love in the time of COVID-19

Harris was a great officiant at our Zoom wedding! We decided to get married very last minute and only had three days to prepare. He was very kind and helpful and easy to contact at all hours. The ceremony went very well and we were able to do a unity candle ceremony and a Chinese cross-cup wine ceremony. We’re really grateful to have someone so reliable for such an important moment.

Sent on 06/11/2020

Harris Bloom's reply:

Hey Renan!

Thanks for the great review! Happy you guys liked it!

Best wishes to you guys... and Stay safe!

Harris
  • Ilona

Ilona · Married on 06/06/2020

The most responsive person in the world = Harris Bloom

We booked Harris 1 year ago. During this time, whenever I emailed him he responded with humor within (just about) 60 seconds. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 virus, we had to postpone the wedding to a date when Harris was unavailable. With his positive attitude, responsiveness, and wit, I know for a fact that he would make our ceremony unique and special. Don't hesitate. BOOK! NOW! You won't find anyone better. I've been on the phone with officiants all day. Trust me! I called them all.

Sent on 03/27/2020
  • Robert

Robert F · Married on 03/07/2020

Easy choice. Harris is the best

Picking Harris was the best choice we made for our wedding. He is responsive, thoughtful and sincere. Our ceremony was so great, he is funny and endearing, genuine and entertaining all at the same time. He was quick to respond to our initial outreach and kept up the contact throughout the process. Harris was exceptionally great to work with and I really couldn't be happier.

Sent on 04/10/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/22/2020

Harris is everything you'd want in a wedding officiant!

Harris is the best!!! First of all, he is incredibly responsive...he answers any and all questions quickly and completely. And he is thorough! He took great care in understanding my husband and I - what brought us together, what makes tick, the tone of our relationship - as well as what we wanted for a wedding ceremony. After many email exchanges and an in-depth face-to-face meeting, he crafted the PERFECT wedding ceremony. It was sweet, funny, sincere, flowed beautifully, and most importantly it was so totally "US". So many people commented to us on how they loved the ceremony and how wonderful our officiant was. Thank you, Harris!

Sent on 07/01/2020

Marissa Connelly · Married on 12/21/2019

Loved working with Harris!

Harris was absolutely wonderful, we are so glad we got to have him at our wedding! Not only was he super attentive and easy to work with leading up to the big day (his rapid email response time is legendary), but was also truly awesome during the ceremony itself. He knows exactly what he's doing and helped us understand what we could expect on the day, helping us to relax and enjoy the moment as much as possible. He has a bunch of great tips to help make your ceremony easy and fun, and helps create a moment that's also incredibly personal and sentimental. Our family and friends all came up to us to compliment about the ceremony afterwards. Thank you, Harris!

Sent on 12/26/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/23/2019

Memorable service

Harris did an excellent job as our officiant at our wedding! When we met in person, he really got to know us by asking essential questions to make the ceremony personable. He incorporating our love story in such a memorable and appreciable way, while also including a few funny aspects, which everyone LOVED! He made everyone laugh and cry, with happiness, in just a 30 min period. And the most important, he scripted out the ceremony to the tee in the most perfect way, a way my husband and I wouldn’t even think of. My husband raced about how comfortable Harris made him feel while he waited anxiously at the alter. He really was just so great!! I hands down recommend!!!

Sent on 12/13/2019

Cintia Kleaver · Married on 11/11/2019

It was a blissful ceremony...

Harris is a professional, through and through, and a warm and genuinely caring individual.He saw to it that every detail of my ceremony went as planned I loved working with him! I recommend him without any reservation whatsoever.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Lz B103 · Married on 10/19/2019

wonderful ceremony

The ceremony Harris performed for us was wonderful. He used the stories we shared with him in our questionnaire to personalize it, and he added calm, confidence, and humor to our special night. He was so professional to work with, has a great process, always responds to emails, was more than willing to take feedback on any tweaks we wanted, and most importantly, composed beautiful words that were both formal enough to be meaningful but down to earth enough to feel like "us". Our families and friends have been telling us how perfect it was ever since. Thank you, Harris!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Ana

Ana Rivera · Married on 10/11/2019

Fun, heartwarming, and beautiful ceremony!

Harris was absolutely wonderful from beginning to end. From our initial inquiry about his services through to our wedding day, Harris was always kind, professional, thoughtful, and his response time was incredibly quick every time I reached out to him. He made us feel as though we were always his top priority. The day of the wedding, Harris arrived with plenty of time in advance and made sure to go through everything with us carefully. He kept his eyes open for the little things leading up to the ceremony start time, such as helping balance the number of guests seated on either side of the aisle and reserving the seats for our parents. He was wonderful! The ceremony was very touching and all of our guests loved it. He brings in some humor to keep it feeling light, happy, and fun, but it doesn't take away at all from his message or from the story he told about our relationship. In fact, it made the ceremony that much better! We would hire Harris again without thinking twice - he's fantastic! Thank you, Harris, for helping make our special day so great!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/28/2019

It was perfect!

Harris, thank you for giving us the most beautiful ceremony. People laughed and they cried. It was the perfect mix. The way he incorporates the questionnaires he gives into the ceremony is beautiful. Harris takes the time to listen to you and what it is exactly you want your ceremony to be. Harris you gave us a beautiful ceremony it was well put together and it was everything we had imagined. So many people complimented the ceremony and in fact people still do. Thank you Harris... to anyone wondering if you should book? DO IT! YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Rachel · Married on 08/11/2019

So far so good

We haven’t had our event yet but so far the communication has been great.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Ehrman · Married on 07/14/2019

You will be in good hands!

We chose Harris as our officiant because we liked the idea of having a balance of humor and sincerity during our ceremony. Harris is a comedian as well as an officiant, so we knew he would keep the ceremony light. He also asked us many questions in order to write a speech that spoke to who we are. The advice he offered was meaningful and relatable. People said how touched they were by his words.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 05/04/2019

Wonderful Ceremony

Harris Bloom did a great job with our ceremony. It was heart felt and funny. He managed to captured the essence of our relationship which made our wedding day that much more special.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Sean

Sean Callahan · Married on 04/13/2019

He told the story of our lives!

Harris,

The amount of compliments you got last night and this morning for our ceremony were countless! Everyone asked where we found you. All we heard all night and morning was it’s the best ceremony people had ever been too!

Sal and I are so thankful you put together our ceremony and matched us up so perfectly to tell the story of our lives.

Your talent is something we will share; our family and friends will share, for the rest of our lives!

I know you asked if we wanted to see a copy of what you wrote, and we were like, “nah we trust you and we will love what you do...” well, now with all the feedback, we really want to read it and take it all in again! Cherish it for the rest of our lives on anniversaries and valentines days and days when we want to relive that intimate moment again.

When you get a chance, and if you don’t mind, could you send us the written ceremony?

Thank you for everything yesterday! It was a perfect day all starting with your talent!

Sean & Sal

Sent on 05/17/2019

Michael Leone · Married on 03/16/2019

Short and sweet!

Harris was perfect for what we wanted! A small wedding that was short and personal. He nailed it. It was funny, sweet and right to the point. Really glad he was there to be the officiant for our wedding. It was perfect, thank you!

Sent on 03/30/2019

Rachel · Married on 01/26/2019

It was Perfect

It was exactly what we were looking for. People told us it was the best ceremony they have ever been to.. and no one ever likes ceremonies!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • I

Ivy · Married on 08/14/2018

Harris is the best officiant ever! He was organized, calm, professional but relaxed, funny, and had great positive energy. Ever better, he was able to capture the essence of our relationship without the hassle of 6 different meetings, like many officiants ask for. Thank you, Harris!

Sent on 08/18/2018

David · Married on 08/04/2018

Today is Tuesday, 2 days after my wedding, and all I keep hearing from friends, family, and coworkers is how wonderful the ceremony was. Harris is the world's best officiant. Our ceremony was personal, sentimental, and had brilliant touches of humor at all the right times. First Harris takes the time to know you and your partner either through in person meetings or Facetime calls. This allows him to tailor his ceremony with wonderful personal and sentimental touches, and his background in stand up comedy will infuse the perfect blend of funny moments. I sent Harris dozens of emails in the weeks/months leading up to the wedding, and each was met with a prompt response. And on the day of the wedding when we had no idea what we were doing, where to be, where to walk, the order of the wedding procession, etc...Harris took charge and organized and ran the show. My guests, new bride and I could not have been happier with how the wonderful the ceremony was. Thank you Harris!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Jenny · Married on 07/27/2018

Our ceremony was absolutely amazing and it was all down to Harris. Harris knew how to make sure it had the right amount of sentiment and humor along with making it personal to us.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Alexis · Married on 06/23/2018

I did a lot of research before selecting an officiant to marry us. I selected Harris Bloom based on his reviews. Our ceremony was the perfect blend of sensitive and funny and we were able to customize it to meet our needs. Guests are still talking about how great the ceremony was and how it was like Harris knew us both for all of our lives. I may be biased because it was my wedding, but Harris has been by far the best officiant I have ever seen (and I've been to quite a few weddings).

Sent on 06/29/2018

Breanna · Married on 06/01/2018

Harris made our ceremony perfect for us. Everyone from both sides of our family loved him, he truly kept the mood poignant and kept my now-husband more at ease with his humor. He portrayed us as a couple beautifully and hit on all the important points we wanted to be a part of our ceremony. Thank you again, would Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

Harris was just so amazing. Many people felt that the ceremony was one of the best they had ever seen. He was super quick with responding to emails, sometimes within minutes he would respond. He made everything easy and relaxed. Because of his experience, personality and humor we felt completely at ease even without being able to do a rehearsal beforehand (due to restrictions with the venue). He was absolutely worth every penny. The perfect touch of humor, seriousness, feeling, a modern twist on the traditional vows. It was exactly what we looked for. Could not have done the day without him. He made it perfect.

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2018

Sent on 06/07/2018

sharon · Married on 05/26/2018

My wedding ceremony was the happiest moment of my life. My guests keep saying it was the best ceremony they have ever seen! Something truly magical happened in that room that night. Harris clearly wanted me to be happy. He performed a ceremony full of love and humor. He added the jewish elements that we requested and accomplished the complicated feet of making me feel the pagan elements I wanted without relatives noticing. My wedding was powerful! My guests laughed, cried, and cheered. But I only know this from the video as during he created such magic as all I did was feel pure pure joy.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jillian · Married on 05/19/2018

After our wedding we got a lot of compliments on our ceremony and some even said it was the best they’ve seen. Harris is easy to work with and super fast to reply to emails.

We liked his style but wanted to make sure we could have editorial control of the ceremony to ensure we liked the balance of funny to sentimental. He was great about this and made suggestions for how to explain one thing we didn’t want too sound religious.

Harris is awesome and if you need an officiant look no further. We didn’t. He was the only person we interviewed one of and just hired him.

Sent on 06/14/2018