Happy Cake Co. Reviews

34 | Spokane, WA

34 Reviews for Happy Cake Co.

1 User photo

Happy Cake Co. has a huge variety of cakes to choose from. They're prices are very competitive and we had a blast picking out which cake we wanted. I wish that we could have sat down and tasted a variety of their options but they instead sent us with a togo box of a few samples. Other than that we had a great experience!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Harriot · Married on 12/20/2008

Cake came out great.It was a white cake filled with Bavarian Cream.The whole process was very enjoyable.We had no problems with getting our order in or delivery.

Sent on 01/10/2010

3.0

Very nice, very professional, very willing to work with you. Still a little expensive for what you get. But still one of the least expensive in town.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Katie · Married on 09/04/2010

The quality of cake for the price was amazing! We loved the cake combinations. They delivered our cake with ease and they worked with our florist to make sure everything was perfect. They could only deliver at certain times which was completely understandable. Overall I would very much recommend Happy Cakes!

Sent on 11/30/2010

Ericka · Married on 02/20/2010

Our cake turned out beautiful- It was just how we pictured it. It also tasted great and was not at all dry, it was simply wonderful. The price is high, but it must be worth it because I don't regret paying more to have it turn out so well.

Sent on 04/01/2011

Madison · Married on 06/28/2008

Happy Cake was amazing to work with, we came to them with just an idea in our heads and the product turned out great. We also ordered sheet cakes throught them to keep the cost down which was a great idea. The delivered the cake for us and had it timed perfectly so it was delivered right before everything started so the cake wouldn't melt (we had an outdoor ceremony and reception). Everything tasted amazing and I can't wait to try the cake after 1 year.

Sent on 11/26/2008

Erin · Married on 08/18/2007

The white cake was my favorite.

Sent on 11/11/2007

Summer · Married on 12/08/2007

The cake was beautiful and tasted incredible. My husband keeps whinning that he doesn't want to have to wait a year to eat the top layer because it was so good. They were very easy to work with, have tons of creativity and talent and were willing to work with you on your vision for your cake. They know what works and what doesn't and they produce works of art. It was nice because they came recommended from the Davenport Hotel, where we had our ceremony, and they came so highly recommended that the Davenport actually offers a discount on your room rental if you use Happy Cake Co. for your cake. My only complaint was that the cake was a little lighter in color than I was anticipating, but it was still gorgeous.

Sent on 05/08/2008
  • User2219036 · 2+ years ago

0.4
      0.5

Not at all happy with The Happy Cake Co. The owner quoted a price, on paper, we put a deposit down. We returned to order our cake and pay for it, met with another woman who stated that there was an additional $50 charge for the flower work. We didn't have the quote with us as that time, so we did not pay for the cake that day... making the fact that my mother-in-law took a half day at work so that she could pay for the cake a complete waste of her time off. We ordered 4 cake samples to taste. We were told at that time that we could order additional samples, if needed. We returned another day to pick up the samples and to bring in the quote. We met with the same woman as the second time. Even though we had a quote on paper, she told us that there has always been a $50 fee for the flower work on that cake and that she would talk with the owner. Out of the 4 samples that myself, my husband, and my mother-in-law tried, we only loved one flavor/filling. My husband called to order 4 more samples. The owner called me and told me that the flower work wouldn't be a problem, and that there wouldn't be a $50 fee, but that there would be a charge for the additional samples. When we went to pick our samples us, they weren't there/weren't ready. We did see the owner on this day and she was less than friendly. She stated "you won't be the only people eating the cake". In reference to a sample that we ordered but wasn't there, she said "can't you just imagine how it would taste?" My husband received a call from The Happy Cake Co. asking something about the cake and the person on the phone was confused as to the decoration on the cake. Because of this, he decided to stop by the day before our wedding to make sure that our cake was turning out to be what we agreed upon with the Happy Cake Co. (We did not design our own cake... just picked one out of their catalog.) The owner states to him that we "have been difficult to work with." The flower work was not was grand as in the photos.

Sent on 09/01/2012