Hair by Sadiku Reviews

23 | New York, NY

23 Reviews for Hair by Sadiku

23 Hair by Sadiku Reviews

Joint wedding · Married on 10/21/2017

Tinika is absolutely amazing!!! She took inspiration from the “looks” I brought with me to my trial, and then took it up several notches... created a look beyond my dreams for my wedding day. I’m truly in awe of her talent. And not only did my hair style look AMAZING, it also held up all day and night... through dancing, hugs, etc. I cannot tell you how many people complimented me on it. I am biracial, with very curly but not course hair... and I’ve been to many hair stylists who don’t understand how to work with my hair. Tinika is a total pro. And she is a calming energy and presence on a day filled with much excitement and nerves! She even pitched in to help steam my gown with my bridesmaids! Just a lovely, talented lady. Was grateful to have her on my team for the big day. (I also hired her for my engagement photoshoot, and she created another amazing look for that too!)

Hair by Sadiku 1
    Hair by Sadiku 2
    Hair by Sadiku 3
    Hair by Sadiku 4
    Hair by Sadiku 5
    Hair by Sadiku 6

Arielle · Married on 09/30/2017

Tinika really worked with me and my five bridesmaids to give us exactly what we wanted. One bridesmaid in particular was kinda unsure about her look and Tinika kept trying different styles until she was happy. She was also super accommodating when I emailed her literally the day before and asked if she would be able to add my flower girl to the schedule.

On the morning of the wedding she arrived promptly, and was so much fun to hang out with. We all chatted and had a good time, and in the end, everybody's hair looked gorgeous! Can't recommend her enough!

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2017

I used Tinika for my hair and my maid of honor hair on my wedding day and I could not have been happier with the result. From contacting her, to the trial, to the wedding day, she was SO easy to work with, listened to my suggestions and gave me her input as a professional and made all my dreams come true! I got SO many comments about my hair and I still have friends enquiring about her! Thanks so much Tinika. Love, your happiest bride :)

Tanisha · Married on 08/11/2017

Tinika was amazing! She was very responsive leading up to the wedding and flexible the day of the wedding day time chanhes. For the wedding day, I got my hair installed by someone else, which I didn’t really like. Tinika worked hard to fix it to make it the way I inisioned my hair plus she did an amazing job on the style that we aligned on. I got so many compliments and I would definitely recommend her!

Hair by Sadiku 7
    Hair by Sadiku 8
    Hair by Sadiku 9

Tee · Married on 08/05/2017

Tinika and her assistant did an amazing job on my wedding party's hair. We had a truly multicultural wedding party - Ethiopian, Vietnamese, African-American, Caucasian, and more! Tinika and her assistant seamlessly went from bridesmaid to bridesmaid and executed their desired looks perfectly. Everyone felt so confident with how they looked as we headed into the church ceremony. I was also really impressed by how easily Tinika was able to go with the flow - a few bridesmaids were late, which backed up the makeup process, and I also suddenly decided that I wanted the flower girls to have their hair done as well. Tinika adjusted her schedule accordingly to meet my expectations, without any sign of complaint. She was also really fun to be around - one of the best parts of my wedding day was hanging out with her, my makeup artist, and the bridesmaids as we listened to music and chatted about everything under the sun. She is very sweet and talented, and best of all, my very picky mother loved her hair and mine. I am so thankful that I found Tinika and would HIGHLY encourage other NYC brides to book her!

Aja · Married on 07/01/2017

I have a love hate relationship with my natural hair. I knew I wanted to wear my hair natural on my wedding day but I wasn’t completely sure how I wanted it. My planner recommended me to Tinika . I went to the bridal trial with a couple of pictures and she made me feel like I was at home. The first style she tried in my hair …I wanted it. I knew from the trial that I could trust her. Fast forward to the wedding day. Tinika did two of my bridesmaids’ hair as well. I was nervous because one bridesmaid had clip in hair and the other had a wig with a closure. I personally don’t like wigs with the closure but Tinika transformed my cousins (bridesmaids). Their hair came out beautiful!!! Seriously…. It was amazing. My mother did her own hair but then Tinika stepped in and touched her up. My hair was everything I could ever wanted. I had an updo with my natural hair and Tinika incorporated some flowers. The most talked about part of my wedding was my hair. All my guest wanted to know who did it, they were taking pictures of just my hair and told me they never seen anything like it. I was ecstatic! My favorite part about working with Tinika is she is so personable. She got along with my crazy family. It was truly the best day of my life. I would totally recommend Tinika. She is so versatile!!! We all had different hair textures and it came together like magic! Thank you Tinika!!! <3
    Also, I would like to add that I am a type of person that ask a million and one questions. Tinika is very professional and she is responsive. To me that means a lot when you have wedding, work and life going on. She made the process so easy. I am thankful.

Michelle · Married on 05/27/2017

She is fantastic. Consummate professional. Amazing stylist!!!! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Michelle, it was such a pleasure working with you on this very special day!!! Thanks so much for entrusting me with your memories that will last a lifetime...
  • Sandrine

Sandrine · Married on 05/06/2017

I came across Tinika via IG and was very impressed with her work. During my hair trial she was the epitome of professionalism and wisdom. We tried a variety of looks and settled on "the one". She gave me such good advice about my hair and suggestions on bridesmaids looks when I was like OMG I dunno what to do!!! The day of my wedding she truly made me feel like a princess. She works amazingly fast and is able to multitask and handle pressure with ease. She made sure my hair was absolutely perfect and even gave me some great suggestions on ways to keep my hair in place if needed during our reception. She also did my two bridesmaids, MOH and best friend for the day of. She is super talented and gifted at what she does. She is so patient worked well with my photographer and make up artist and I truly appreciated that she stuck around even after I got dressed to make sure I looked absolutely perfect. I still get comments about my bridal hair including those of my bridesmaids. We looks stunning and it's all because of Tinika. She worked completely by herself since we were a small group and while there was some drama going on as expected with any wedding she handled everything with ease! My hair stayed the exact same way as when she left the ENTIRE night. Don't look any further and just book her!! You will be sooo happy you did! Thank you again Tinika for everything!!!

Christina · Married on 11/19/2016

Amazing!!!!!!! Tinika did an an amazing job for my wedding an color! She also did my mothers hair and bridesmaid. She is very flexible with time... I needed her to come early then i had mentioned on my contract. She made me feel do comfortable on my wedding day and at her salon. Great personality! Highly recommended

Jameelah · Married on 11/10/2016

For a bride your hair and make-up are by far two of the most important things (next to your dress) in preparing for the next phase of a lifetime journey. My experience with Hair by Sadiku can only be described as phenomenal, outstanding, and mind-blowing! If I could give her more stars for professionalism and flexibility, I absolutely would. Another bride booked her for a wedding on the same day as my wedding and she called to refer me to others, I immediately panicked and started to unravel because I experienced so many other things were happening with my planning process. I asked is there any way that she would be able to have two brides in the same day...after working a few things out, she obliged and I am FOREVER grateful!! My hair was unbelievably gorgeous; I wore a mohawk! It was truly a work of art. Her energy and creativity is unmatched. She is a consummate professional! We did the prep work for my hair before the day of the wedding and she was beyond accommodating with my hectic schedule. There is truth to - You get what you pay for! With Hair by Sadiku you get so much more. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Ariela · Married on 10/30/2016

Tinika is absolutely amazing. She did my hair for my wedding last Sunday as well as my MoH, MoB, MoG and a bridesmaid...and we all looked flawless all night. She's relaxed and professional, and works wonders with a variety of hair styles, lengths and textures. Perhaps most importantly, she truly bulletproofed all of our hair...we were looking as flawless at the afterparty as we had when we left the house! And best of all, she's a pleasure to be around!

Carol · Married on 08/14/2016

This review is long overdue! I was fortunate enough to have Tinika as my stylist for my August 2016 wedding. From our initial conversation to the time that she hugged me goodbye on my big day, Tinika was nothing but professional, creative and PATIENT! My Bridal-Brain was on 100 but still every call/text/e-mail was answered promptly and with kindess. She made me, my Mom, my Aunt and my bridesmaids and flower girls look and feel beautiful but most of all comfortable. Everyone had a look that was elegant and stylish but also reflected their individual personalities. I initially opted out of the wedding consultation but I am so glad that I changed my mind! During our session, Tinika listened to my desires and took time to understand my vision and then gave honest and constructive feedback. She took so many so many things into consideration when designing my wedding look -- my gown, weather, florals, accessories-- things that I never even thought about! And the end result was pure perfection! Despite the 90+ degree heat, my tribe and I looked fabulous the entire time. I cannot rave enough about Hair by Sadiku -- you just have to book her and experience the magic for yourself!

Tinika was nothing short of amazing. At the trial she was made me feel comfortable and walked me through each hairstyle option after looking at my dress and asking about my vision. On the day of the wedding she arrived early and immediately got to work. Tinika worked her magic on all my girls (each had different hair textures) and made me look and feel like a million dollars. You will not go wrong if you hire her to do your big day. It was a relief to find someone who is professional but also able to execute hair artistry with such precision.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Having my brides feel comfortable and truly cared for is a deep passion of mines. Styling ALL textures is such a fun experience, working to create something lasting and beautiful is what I do best!!! Thanks for the awesome review.

Denise · Married on 10/16/2015

Tinika is an amazing stylist! So very easy to work with from our first meeting. The girls all loved her and raved about their hair. They all looked amazing and I would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Denise, thank you so very much for this special review. Your bridal party rocked and it was such a memorable experience.

Rachel · Married on 10/15/2015

Tinika was amazing. From the moment we spoke on the phone it was like we knew each other for year. When I booked my trial, I was not sure what I wanted but tinika talked me through it and came up with a classic chic look that was stunning. On the day of the wedding she was supper professional and made me feel so special. Would I recommend her absolutely. Not only did she do my hair but she styled my braidsmaides as well. Tinika is a blessing and has 3 new regular clients . Happy customer here!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Rachel, you were such a dream bride and working with you and your bridal party was so much fun. Doing what I do best is always the highlight of my career!!!

christina · Married on 09/03/2015

This review is long overdue! Tinika is amazing at what she does. She initially met with me and gave me three trials for my consultation. I came to her after a really bad bridal trial. I was blown away by Tinika's professionalism and her knowledge of what looks good and what doesn't. She gave me a glamorous hairstyle that fit the theme to my wedding . My only regret was not booking her for the entire day. I would highly recommend Tinika to anyone who is looking for a stylist for any event! Her salon is intimate and very accessible in Midtown Manhattan.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Christina, sorry that your other trial didn't live up to your expectations, but you were meant to be with ME!!! So honored that you loved my work and I could turn that frown upside down.

Janice · Married on 08/15/2015

I'm a bride whose hairdresser was not available for my wedding day OMG right. However, God graciously gave me Tinika. She was recommended by my hair dresser and just fit right into my wedding so well. She was on time pleasant with all my guest and above all a true professional. My hair turned out above what I expected. If something was not quite right she was ready to adjust and did it fast. She is a A-list hair dresser and will fit into any bridal party. Looking at my wedding photos the other day I cried because she glammed me to the Gods!!!!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Janice, I know RIGHT!!!! lol, Hair by Sadiku to the rescue. I'm so glad I could live up-to your very high expectations. Having an already awesome hair stylist and then meeting someone new can be strenuous. But we made it work and you looked fabulous.

Ellie · Married on 04/11/2015

Tinika is one of the most amazing hairdressers I've ever worked with. She is incredibly talented and helped me create the hair of my dreams for my wedding day. She also did the hair for all of my bridesmaids and my flower girl. We let her be creative with the bridal party and the result was amazing! Each girl had a unique and fabulous style and loved their hair. She is professional, punctual, and caring. You cannot go wrong hiring her to help create your perfect day. Highly, highly recommend.

Suzanne · Married on 01/18/2015

I found Tinika through my makeup artist, Stacie Ford. Tinika was the first and only hair stylist I contacted! She responded to my first email within a couple hours- a trend that continued throughout the planning process. I had a question, Tinika had an answer by the end of the day. She was also very honest about what styles were possible with my fine hair texture (she recommended clip in extensions, which I did end up getting), but also was super creative in making it look like I had a ton more hair than I did! While I know Tinika is more than capable of doing traditional bridal updos, I really believe her strength is in her creativity--she loves anything different and artsy. And she got my look perfectly: it was pulled together but still a little undone. My hair looked loosely pulled up and off to the side, but was actually super secure. My hair lasted all night: from the photos to the ceremony; from a totally bumping dance floor to the karaoke after party back at the hotel. I couldn't recommend her more--she also styled my mom and mom-in-law (who were not easy, as my mom is forever unhappy with her hair and my mom-in-law's is thinning from chemo treatments), and they both looked completely gorgeous. They received just as many compliments on their hair as I did!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Wow first and only Hair Stylist you contacted, such a compliment. I pride myself on giving clients my absolute best and much much more. A wedding vendor should always be prompt with responses to ensure great communication and a healthy re pore with clients. "Bullet proof" hair is what it's all about, styling that last the entire night.

I highly recommend Tinika! Tinika did my hair for me and my bridesmaids for my wedding in NYC. She came recommended to me by my makeup artist Stacie Ford, and I’m happy to have found her! She also was an amazing value for how great she is! I have had a lot of bad experiences having my hair done in the past and I could not have been happier with how it turned out!

For my trial Tinika did a couple options based on pictures I brought and we came up with a couple styles that looked great. On the day of the wedding she was punctual to the hotel and worked with each of my bridesmaids to come up with a style they loved.

Tinika did a fantastic job on my hair! She managed to find the style that was how I always imagined it would be for my wedding without being able to describe it. Every time I look at my pictures I am still so happy with how my hair looked! It still looked perfect at the end of the night. Tinika is also such a wonderful person and was so great to work with! I would recommend her highly to everyone!

Sent on 12/27/2014

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

As a Wedding vendor who truly enjoys what she does, when a bride can relive all the wonderful emotions she felt on her wedding day thru photos.... It makes it all worth it, thanks for putting such a big smile on my face!!!

Tinika is super talented and was a pleasure to work with. I got a million compliments on my hair. She was incredibly patient and professional and a wonderful calming presence. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/02/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

Thank You so much hun, and all those compliments were in combination of the both of us. we make a great team.

I highly recommend Tanika. She did hair for myself, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl. Everyone was happy!
    Trial - did not rush, took her time and provided candid feedback
    Communication - very fast response, easy to get in touch and always available for a a quick question. Provides clear, concise contract so there is no miscommunication about the wedding day plan or price. I much prefer this rather than an informal agreement over text/email. One less thing to worry about.
    Efficient - I was a little worried about staying on schedule given the number of do's needed. Tanika stays focused, on time, and most importantly keeps it professional and maintains a calm environment.
    Outcome - beautiful hair, not "over-done", natural looking. I would def recommend having Tanika stay for a 'touch-up' right before the reception.

My hair was the one thing I did not worry about. I was in good hands!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Hair by Sadiku's reply:

When your big day comes worrying about hair should not be an added headache... . So glad I lived up to your expectations and you felt comfortable and knew you were in good hands.

Roberta · Married on 09/23/2017

3.5

Tinika did an amazing job with my hair. I loved, loved, loved how I felt and looked my wedding day.