H.Photography Reviews

44 Reviews for H.Photography

• Terri

Terri Bukofzer · Married on 10/17/2020

The absolute best!!

Doru is such a gem and I’m so glad we had him to capture our wedding day (and engagement session). I first met Doru in February at a coffee shop before the world turned upside down and he showed me samples of his fabulous work. There was no doubt in my mind that we would hire Doru for the job. Fast forward a few months after COVID changed our plans, Doru was the most flexible and accommodating and still managed to do a wonderful engagement session wherever we wanted. Come wedding day, Doru had so much energy to run around on a hectic day and make sure that we captured every shot we could think of. Also, did I mention that he is the easiest to communicate with via email/ text, etc?! Bottom line, no regrets here and I’m so excited to get our wedding photos back soon!

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Paulina

Paulina · Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing!

We hired H Photography for our January wedding. We cannot say enough good things about Doru. We couldn't be happier with going with him for our wedding photographer. Starting with our engagement session, he had a vision for photos and capture the love between my husband and I. He agreed to incorporate our dog in the photos, the dog wasn't really cooperative, but Doru still captured amazing photos with him and we couldn't be happier that he did that. Our wedding was in January, out of all the beautiful weekend before the big day the weather was amazing, unfortunately on the day of our wedding it was brutal winter Saturday night. We had a vision to do photos with string light at night outside. Even though the temperature outside was brutal and it was super windy, Doru still made my vision of string lights happen. We went outside and he took beautiful pictures. When he posted few sneak peek photos on his website and Facebook, my husband and I, we got so many complements on those photos. Everyone was saying how creative he was and they absolutely loved the photos outside as well as on the inside. Doru captures every detailed of our wedding, starting with the dress and the rings, to the cake and flowers. All of our guests were amazed how he captures pictures of them and that he was willing to take photos of them throughout the night as well as taking pictures of us at the same time. Doru listened to all of our ideas and made them happen, he was really responsive to all the emails and it was such a pleasant experience to work with him. We will be definitely booking other photo shoots with Doru and H Photography for different occasions. After working with them I couldn't picture my photos being taken by someone else. Absolutely LOVED working with them and I am looking to working with Doru in the future.

Sent on 02/06/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Bates · Married on 09/20/2019

True love for photography

Doru Halip is an AMAZING photographer! First of all when we first met he invited me into his home and offered me tea/coffee 🥰. He did my engagement pics and my destination wedding in Tennessee. All my photos were stunning! He’s a true Chicago suburb gem. Professional and communicative. My husband and I have never done professional pictures and don’t love taking them/social media so this was a difficult process for us to commit, but he made us so comfortable with ourselves and captures the perfect moments. Very flexible and works very hard to get your pictures back in a timely fashion! I can’t say enough good things about him. I will definitely be using him again in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2019

H.Photography's reply:

Thank you Ashley! It was a great pleasure capturing your engagement and wedding! Looking forward working with you in the future!

Susan · Married on 06/16/2018

Choosing a photographer was the most stressful part of wedding planning, but I am so glad I found and chose H Photography! My husband and I loved working with Vlad. He was prompt, professional, and had a great attitude throughout the entire day. He took a mix of traditional and nontraditional photos, which is exactly what we wanted. He captured every moment that was important to us, and he even managed to make us smile in the park when it was 90 degrees out! If you're looking for beautiful wedding photos at an incredible value, look no further. These guys are the right choice.

Sent on 07/28/2018

Nancy · Married on 11/25/2017

Doru and Claudia photographed our wedding on 11/25/17. My husband and I were so impressed with their quick and thorough communication, flexibility in what we wanted, and even how they were able to recommend other vendors for the wedding that they had previously worked with, all of which were amazing. Before the wedding, we met for engagement photos and to plan a timeline for the wedding day so that we knew exactly what to expect and prepare for, which made the day go very smoothly. Throughout the day of the wedding, friends and family told us how impressed they were with both Doru and Claudia's professionalism and dedication and somehow they were able to capture every moment. We decided to include a photo booth in our package which was a huge hit and was the nicest quality booth I have seen at a wedding. We received our photos quicker than we expected and are so happy with them. Both Doru and Claudia are very talented photographers, and they are also kind and thoughtful people which makes them wonderful and easy to work with. Thank you for capturing beautiful memories from a day we will always remember!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Patrick · Married on 07/08/2017

Doru and his wife were great from day one. They came as a recommendation from a friend of ours and we have no regrets. VERY TIMELY WITH EMAIL RESPONSES!!! --> that was huge for us during wedding planning season and leading up to the big day. They were great. They were open to our goofy ideas and just being fun and candid. They even drove a couple people from our wedding party to a nearby venue to take pictures because we did not have enough car space... pretty cool! We decided to go with albums of our wedding.. 2 medium ones the parents and 1 bigger one for us. These albums do cost some $$.. however... and I mean this, they blew us away!!! Did not know I would look through the albums thinking they were well worth the money, but they were, and that is without questions. We got the albums less than 3 months after the wedding - awesome!!! Recommend H to anyone looking for top quality.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Haley · Married on 11/05/2016

Doru is amazing to work with. From start to finish he was prompt and professional, but also has a great sense of humor and is super personable and made sure everything was perfect and made the whole process so easy. We all had a ton of fun during the photos, but also got it done efficiently so we didn't miss out on anything. He's great with our 5 year old flower girls and very patient with our dogs and all of our crazy ideas. I couldn't imagine working with anyone else and will for sure use him in the future. Our pictures are amazing and more than we could've every asked for.

Sent on 12/04/2016

cherie · Married on 09/10/2016

Doru is absolutely fantastic! I literally spent weeks reading reviews and looking through different websites & portfolios before making my decision. I was looking for something funky, edgy and full of life to tell our story.  I am so glad I found Hphotography they have a journalistic style that is very artistic and candid.   They will customize a package especially for you depending on what you want and their prices are beyond reasonable!  Seriously they could easily charge double for their quality of work!  So trust me I have done the research for you, look no further and hope they are available for your big day, if so you better book ASAP!  All of our photos turned out amazing, we have gotten tons of compliments.  We had so much fun taking our engagement photos.  Doru is wonderful to work with, he makes you feel comfortable and coaches you thru the whole process.  You will basically feel like a model for the day doing a fancy magazine shoot, bonus!  We also had a great time taking our day of wedding city shots.  We were laughing and dancing, my whole wedding party had a blast taking photos.  There were several other wedding parties in the same area all trying to get similar background shots.  Doru wasted no time, he jumped right in, organized us where we needed to be, got the shots and moved us on to more locations all while the same wedding parties were still milling around.  Doru is a true professional and he is on top of it at all times!  He is 100% focused on you and will go the extra mile to get the perfect shot, this is the type of photographer you want for your wedding!  Outside of our city and formal pictures Doru and his assistant were like ninjas.  I barely remember seeing them yet we ended up with over 1500 fabulous photos.  We had them choose our photos for our album and our design and layout look amazing! We would recommend Doru to anyone we know and we will definitely use them again for any future photo needs!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Doru and his wife are wonderful! He did an amazing job on our engagement photos and I am counting down the days until he shoots our wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Doru and his wife Claudia were absolutely amazing to work with. Their journalistic style helped capture the experiences of our day and helped tell our story. We were referred to Doru by a friend, and we both couldn't be happier with the results. After our engagement shoot we knew they were the photographers for us. If you are looking for a photographer I highly suggest The H Photo.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Betty · event on: 09/20/2014

I had the pleasure of being able to book H Photography on a relatively short-notice basis and they stepped up to the plate in a fantastic way, never complaining about short notice. I find they will put your needs first to make your event be a success. I look forward to using their service again for a special occasion.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Daniela · Married on 08/23/2014

Doru was amazing! The pictures turned out beautiful. Although it rained during our event he still made everything look spectacular.

Sent on 09/25/2014

H.Photography's reply:

Thank you Daniela!! It was a challenge to photograph on such weather but you guys gave me inspiration!!

Gerald · Married on 08/22/2014

After reviewing many photographers photos online my wife had to have Doru take the pictures. His photos and poses were very unique. Doru did a great job! My wife and I were very impressed with the pictures.
    If you need a great photographer use H Photgraphy you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Smaranda · Married on 07/05/2014

The H Photography team is the one that everybody should have at their wedding!Because of them you'll have for sure the most beautiful memories of your big day!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Tanya · Married on 06/01/2014

the H photography shot our wedding on 6/1/14 and we could not have been happier from every perspective. After researching and meeting countless photographers, we were lucky to meet Doru about a year before our wedding date. We knew immediately that he was what we had been searching for. His talent is second to none - as you can see through his work on his website - and his work ethic is unmatched. I can't tell you how much he ran around capturing everything he could on our wedding day. We were so impressed when the photos came back to us, he was in so many places it was like there was three of him. We also did an engagement photo session in downtown Chicago with Doru. His experience and expertise is so great, he knows just the places to get the right shot, just the right angles, and will work with you if there is something specifically that you want. Our photos from both the wedding and the engagement session were processed and back to us within just a few weeks, which is impressive from some of the turn around times I've heard of throughout his industry. I would be falling short on this review if I failed to mention Doru's personality. He is fun to be around, knew everyone in the bridal party by name within a few minutes, and unlike some photography "shops", you know exactly who is going to be shooting your event. I could go on and on saying great things about working with Doru, but I'll close by simply assuring you will not be disappointed with the H photography.

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • MIndy

MIndy · Married on 05/17/2014

Doru was awesome to work with! He was very accommodating, creative, full of energy and was very patient with my questions. Doru's photographs have been all the envy of my wedded friends. Biggest compliment I continue to receive is, I can't believe these are wedding photos! A few traditional poses, but a lot of candid, bordering photojournalistic poses. Doru went with the flow but caught so many great memories, unobtrusively might I add! I want to get married again just to work with Doru again! The quality of my wedding album is more stunning than I remembered.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Aaron · Married on 04/25/2014

From the engagement session all the way to the wedding, The H Photography has been such a pleasure to work with. We were just blown away by their professionalism and by the outstanding quality and creativity of the photos we received. We are just so happy with everything!!! Their flexibility and willingness to cater to our every need just made our wedding day that much better. I truly believe that their product and professionalism cannot be matched!!!! One more thing to point out is their turn around time. We received final product very fast from both the engagement session and from the wedding. The wedding photos were basically done by the time we got back from our honeymoon. Again, we couldn't say it enough, they are the best!!!

Sent on 05/17/2014

H.Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you!
    Your were such an inspiration for us!!

Janet · Married on 04/25/2014

WOW!!! Claudia and Doru are unbelievably talented... They surpassed our expectations. During the wedding Claudia was extremely professional, Considerate, Courteous and omnipresent. We greatly appreciate her subtle and clear guidance through the picture taking process. I cannot express the amount of happiness satisfaction Claudia has done I can only wish for others to experience it personally ;)

Sent on 05/19/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/05/2014

Doru and Claudia did an incredible job on our wedding! They exceeded all of our expectations and we could not be any happier! They impressed not just us but every guest! They snapped all the most important moments plus more and did a better job than we ever could have imagined! They are so easy to work with and make sure everything is perfect! I highly recommend them both!!!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Jenifer · Married on 12/06/2013

I was recommended to The H Photography from my sister who works in the wedding industry. She knew my style and thought I would be happy with the product that The H Photo could provide. She was exactly right! From their online portfolio to seeing their work in person I was very impressed. We were able to discuss in person and over various emails what I was looking for and how the timeline of the day would play out. I was very confident in everything working out when the day came which was great to have one less thing to worry about on my wedding day. Working with them was very exciting because they were fearless in their shots. We traveled to downtown Chicago and got amazing backgrounds and views by running through the train stations and stopping traffic in the streets all while bearing through below freezing temperatures. I knew we'd have good pictures but it wasn't until we were able to preview the pictures that I realized how artistic and talented they are. The angles and lighting they were able to create made so many of our images one of a kind. Many friends and family were in awe of how unique and stunning the images were. The H Photography truly are talented at their craft and super easy to work with. I am so happy with my decision to choose them as our once in a lifetime wedding photographers!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Caroline · Married on 11/09/2013

We travelled from the UK for our wedding in Chicago on 9th November and Doru from The H Photo couldn't have been any more helpful and professional throughout. He even recommended our officiant for the ceremony.
    Everything was organised from the UK by email or Skype and nothing was too much trouble. We read these reviews when we were making our decisions and found that they were invaluable. We didnt have a wedding planner but I didn't feel we needed one.
    On the day, Doru made sure we got every photo we had requested and we even broke into a jog towards the end to make the most of the fading light to get photos at Cloud Gate, our favourite landmark.
    Everyone that has seen our photos has been so impressed at the quality and the style, something that is often overlooked on traditional wedding photos in the UK, our day was captured perfectly and we have fond memories behind every image.

I can't recommend enough!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Amber · Married on 09/01/2013

I just want everyone to know that Doru and Claudia are the best! they are so accommodating and respectful and have amazing talent. Me and my husband shopped around for a photographer but when I met them at a Bridal Expo I fell in love with their work. After the wedding I thought to myself I don't even remember half the night LOL you are so busy with everything you cant take in every moment and that's what they do is capture every moment and when we got our pictures we relived the whole thing and I cant be more thankful to them that they captured our every step. The photos were perfect in every way and they think outside the box and really try to get unique and different poses and backdrop that you wouldn't even think would be possible. You will not regret this choice and just remember your pictures are forever and the most important part of a wedding :)

Love,
    Amber & Jack!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Dorothy · Married on 08/17/2013

My husband and I stumbled upon The H Wedding Photography website and all of the photos we viewed made an impression on us. The work is artistic, creative, and beautiful. We knew immediately (even before the initial meeting) that we wanted to hire them for our wedding. We are not particularly comfortable as photography subjects, but Doru guided us put us totally at ease during both the engagement shoot and the wedding. When we corresponded with Doru, and he was always receptive to our ideas and eager to answer our questions. By the time the wedding day arrived, I trusted him completely and knew that he would capture the moments of the day perfectly. The photos were absolutely beautiful and captured so much of the true emotion of the day. Doru is an artist. He is so incredibly talented and truly has an eye for details that will make a truly unforgettable photo.

If you want to capture all the love, happiness and special moments of your special day, we would recommend The H Wedding Photography without reservation!

Sent on 10/01/2013
  • O

Oprea · Married on 06/29/2013

We felt very special with Doru on our wedding photo session. He was extremely calm and made both of us feel relaxed and comfortable the entire day. The photographs are more beautiful that we could imagine, the album is marvellous........artisitc memories for a lifetime. Doru captured the feelings in every photo,and his imagination and creativity brought us unique photographs. He is seriuos, professional and always on time.
    We would highly recommend his services for any type of event.
    Thank you for spending the most important day of our life with us!

Sent on 09/29/2013

We are verry happy and satisfied of Doru Halip. He was our first choice when we should take our wedding photograph and we don't regret this decission. He deserve to be a person named "professional photograph"!

Sent on 09/24/2013