H.Photography Reviews

40 | Algonquin, IL

40 Reviews for H.Photography

Susan · Married on 06/16/2018

Choosing a photographer was the most stressful part of wedding planning, but I am so glad I found and chose H Photography! My husband and I loved working with Vlad. He was prompt, professional, and had a great attitude throughout the entire day. He took a mix of traditional and nontraditional photos, which is exactly what we wanted. He captured every moment that was important to us, and he even managed to make us smile in the park when it was 90 degrees out! If you're looking for beautiful wedding photos at an incredible value, look no further. These guys are the right choice.

Nancy · Married on 11/25/2017

Doru and Claudia photographed our wedding on 11/25/17. My husband and I were so impressed with their quick and thorough communication, flexibility in what we wanted, and even how they were able to recommend other vendors for the wedding that they had previously worked with, all of which were amazing. Before the wedding, we met for engagement photos and to plan a timeline for the wedding day so that we knew exactly what to expect and prepare for, which made the day go very smoothly. Throughout the day of the wedding, friends and family told us how impressed they were with both Doru and Claudia's professionalism and dedication and somehow they were able to capture every moment. We decided to include a photo booth in our package which was a huge hit and was the nicest quality booth I have seen at a wedding. We received our photos quicker than we expected and are so happy with them. Both Doru and Claudia are very talented photographers, and they are also kind and thoughtful people which makes them wonderful and easy to work with. Thank you for capturing beautiful memories from a day we will always remember!

Patrick · Married on 07/08/2017

Doru and his wife were great from day one. They came as a recommendation from a friend of ours and we have no regrets. VERY TIMELY WITH EMAIL RESPONSES!!! --> that was huge for us during wedding planning season and leading up to the big day. They were great. They were open to our goofy ideas and just being fun and candid. They even drove a couple people from our wedding party to a nearby venue to take pictures because we did not have enough car space... pretty cool! We decided to go with albums of our wedding.. 2 medium ones the parents and 1 bigger one for us. These albums do cost some $$.. however... and I mean this, they blew us away!!! Did not know I would look through the albums thinking they were well worth the money, but they were, and that is without questions. We got the albums less than 3 months after the wedding - awesome!!! Recommend H to anyone looking for top quality.

Haley · Married on 11/05/2016

Doru is amazing to work with. From start to finish he was prompt and professional, but also has a great sense of humor and is super personable and made sure everything was perfect and made the whole process so easy. We all had a ton of fun during the photos, but also got it done efficiently so we didn't miss out on anything. He's great with our 5 year old flower girls and very patient with our dogs and all of our crazy ideas. I couldn't imagine working with anyone else and will for sure use him in the future. Our pictures are amazing and more than we could've every asked for.

cherie · Married on 09/10/2016

Doru is absolutely fantastic! I literally spent weeks reading reviews and looking through different websites & portfolios before making my decision. I was looking for something funky, edgy and full of life to tell our story.  I am so glad I found Hphotography they have a journalistic style that is very artistic and candid.   They will customize a package especially for you depending on what you want and their prices are beyond reasonable!  Seriously they could easily charge double for their quality of work!  So trust me I have done the research for you, look no further and hope they are available for your big day, if so you better book ASAP!  All of our photos turned out amazing, we have gotten tons of compliments.  We had so much fun taking our engagement photos.  Doru is wonderful to work with, he makes you feel comfortable and coaches you thru the whole process.  You will basically feel like a model for the day doing a fancy magazine shoot, bonus!  We also had a great time taking our day of wedding city shots.  We were laughing and dancing, my whole wedding party had a blast taking photos.  There were several other wedding parties in the same area all trying to get similar background shots.  Doru wasted no time, he jumped right in, organized us where we needed to be, got the shots and moved us on to more locations all while the same wedding parties were still milling around.  Doru is a true professional and he is on top of it at all times!  He is 100% focused on you and will go the extra mile to get the perfect shot, this is the type of photographer you want for your wedding!  Outside of our city and formal pictures Doru and his assistant were like ninjas.  I barely remember seeing them yet we ended up with over 1500 fabulous photos.  We had them choose our photos for our album and our design and layout look amazing! We would recommend Doru to anyone we know and we will definitely use them again for any future photo needs!

Doru and his wife are wonderful! He did an amazing job on our engagement photos and I am counting down the days until he shoots our wedding!

Doru and his wife Claudia were absolutely amazing to work with. Their journalistic style helped capture the experiences of our day and helped tell our story. We were referred to Doru by a friend, and we both couldn't be happier with the results. After our engagement shoot we knew they were the photographers for us. If you are looking for a photographer I highly suggest The H Photo.

Daniela · Married on 08/23/2014

Doru was amazing! The pictures turned out beautiful. Although it rained during our event he still made everything look spectacular.

Sent on 09/25/2014

H.Photography's reply:

Thank you Daniela!! It was a challenge to photograph on such weather but you guys gave me inspiration!!

Gerald · Married on 08/22/2014

After reviewing many photographers photos online my wife had to have Doru take the pictures. His photos and poses were very unique. Doru did a great job! My wife and I were very impressed with the pictures.
    If you need a great photographer use H Photgraphy you will not be disappointed.

Smaranda · Married on 07/05/2014

The H Photography team is the one that everybody should have at their wedding!Because of them you'll have for sure the most beautiful memories of your big day!

Tanya · Married on 06/01/2014

the H photography shot our wedding on 6/1/14 and we could not have been happier from every perspective. After researching and meeting countless photographers, we were lucky to meet Doru about a year before our wedding date. We knew immediately that he was what we had been searching for. His talent is second to none - as you can see through his work on his website - and his work ethic is unmatched. I can't tell you how much he ran around capturing everything he could on our wedding day. We were so impressed when the photos came back to us, he was in so many places it was like there was three of him. We also did an engagement photo session in downtown Chicago with Doru. His experience and expertise is so great, he knows just the places to get the right shot, just the right angles, and will work with you if there is something specifically that you want. Our photos from both the wedding and the engagement session were processed and back to us within just a few weeks, which is impressive from some of the turn around times I've heard of throughout his industry. I would be falling short on this review if I failed to mention Doru's personality. He is fun to be around, knew everyone in the bridal party by name within a few minutes, and unlike some photography "shops", you know exactly who is going to be shooting your event. I could go on and on saying great things about working with Doru, but I'll close by simply assuring you will not be disappointed with the H photography.

• MIndy

MIndy · Married on 05/17/2014

Doru was awesome to work with! He was very accommodating, creative, full of energy and was very patient with my questions. Doru's photographs have been all the envy of my wedded friends. Biggest compliment I continue to receive is, I can't believe these are wedding photos! A few traditional poses, but a lot of candid, bordering photojournalistic poses. Doru went with the flow but caught so many great memories, unobtrusively might I add! I want to get married again just to work with Doru again! The quality of my wedding album is more stunning than I remembered.

Aaron · Married on 04/25/2014

From the engagement session all the way to the wedding, The H Photography has been such a pleasure to work with. We were just blown away by their professionalism and by the outstanding quality and creativity of the photos we received. We are just so happy with everything!!! Their flexibility and willingness to cater to our every need just made our wedding day that much better. I truly believe that their product and professionalism cannot be matched!!!! One more thing to point out is their turn around time. We received final product very fast from both the engagement session and from the wedding. The wedding photos were basically done by the time we got back from our honeymoon. Again, we couldn't say it enough, they are the best!!!

Sent on 05/17/2014

H.Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure to work with you!
    Your were such an inspiration for us!!

Janet · Married on 04/25/2014

WOW!!! Claudia and Doru are unbelievably talented... They surpassed our expectations. During the wedding Claudia was extremely professional, Considerate, Courteous and omnipresent. We greatly appreciate her subtle and clear guidance through the picture taking process. I cannot express the amount of happiness satisfaction Claudia has done I can only wish for others to experience it personally ;)

Stephanie · Married on 04/05/2014

Doru and Claudia did an incredible job on our wedding! They exceeded all of our expectations and we could not be any happier! They impressed not just us but every guest! They snapped all the most important moments plus more and did a better job than we ever could have imagined! They are so easy to work with and make sure everything is perfect! I highly recommend them both!!!

Jenifer · Married on 12/06/2013

I was recommended to The H Photography from my sister who works in the wedding industry. She knew my style and thought I would be happy with the product that The H Photo could provide. She was exactly right! From their online portfolio to seeing their work in person I was very impressed. We were able to discuss in person and over various emails what I was looking for and how the timeline of the day would play out. I was very confident in everything working out when the day came which was great to have one less thing to worry about on my wedding day. Working with them was very exciting because they were fearless in their shots. We traveled to downtown Chicago and got amazing backgrounds and views by running through the train stations and stopping traffic in the streets all while bearing through below freezing temperatures. I knew we'd have good pictures but it wasn't until we were able to preview the pictures that I realized how artistic and talented they are. The angles and lighting they were able to create made so many of our images one of a kind. Many friends and family were in awe of how unique and stunning the images were. The H Photography truly are talented at their craft and super easy to work with. I am so happy with my decision to choose them as our once in a lifetime wedding photographers!

Caroline · Married on 11/09/2013

We travelled from the UK for our wedding in Chicago on 9th November and Doru from The H Photo couldn't have been any more helpful and professional throughout. He even recommended our officiant for the ceremony.
    Everything was organised from the UK by email or Skype and nothing was too much trouble. We read these reviews when we were making our decisions and found that they were invaluable. We didnt have a wedding planner but I didn't feel we needed one.
    On the day, Doru made sure we got every photo we had requested and we even broke into a jog towards the end to make the most of the fading light to get photos at Cloud Gate, our favourite landmark.
    Everyone that has seen our photos has been so impressed at the quality and the style, something that is often overlooked on traditional wedding photos in the UK, our day was captured perfectly and we have fond memories behind every image.

I can't recommend enough!

Amber · Married on 09/01/2013

I just want everyone to know that Doru and Claudia are the best! they are so accommodating and respectful and have amazing talent. Me and my husband shopped around for a photographer but when I met them at a Bridal Expo I fell in love with their work. After the wedding I thought to myself I don't even remember half the night LOL you are so busy with everything you cant take in every moment and that's what they do is capture every moment and when we got our pictures we relived the whole thing and I cant be more thankful to them that they captured our every step. The photos were perfect in every way and they think outside the box and really try to get unique and different poses and backdrop that you wouldn't even think would be possible. You will not regret this choice and just remember your pictures are forever and the most important part of a wedding :)

Love,
    Amber & Jack!!!!!!!!

Dorothy · Married on 08/17/2013

My husband and I stumbled upon The H Wedding Photography website and all of the photos we viewed made an impression on us. The work is artistic, creative, and beautiful. We knew immediately (even before the initial meeting) that we wanted to hire them for our wedding. We are not particularly comfortable as photography subjects, but Doru guided us put us totally at ease during both the engagement shoot and the wedding. When we corresponded with Doru, and he was always receptive to our ideas and eager to answer our questions. By the time the wedding day arrived, I trusted him completely and knew that he would capture the moments of the day perfectly. The photos were absolutely beautiful and captured so much of the true emotion of the day. Doru is an artist. He is so incredibly talented and truly has an eye for details that will make a truly unforgettable photo.

If you want to capture all the love, happiness and special moments of your special day, we would recommend The H Wedding Photography without reservation!

• O

Oprea · Married on 06/29/2013

We felt very special with Doru on our wedding photo session. He was extremely calm and made both of us feel relaxed and comfortable the entire day. The photographs are more beautiful that we could imagine, the album is marvellous........artisitc memories for a lifetime. Doru captured the feelings in every photo,and his imagination and creativity brought us unique photographs. He is seriuos, professional and always on time.
    We would highly recommend his services for any type of event.
    Thank you for spending the most important day of our life with us!

We are verry happy and satisfied of Doru Halip. He was our first choice when we should take our wedding photograph and we don't regret this decission. He deserve to be a person named "professional photograph"!

• I

ioana · Married on 06/09/2013

The day we set our wedding day was after I knew for sure that Doru is available for that day and he will be our photographer at our wedding. We really want to thank him and express our gratitude for capturing the best moments in that day, a special day for us.
    After the wedding we had a photo sessions with our precious daughter, and everything was beautiful, and thank you again for the lovely surprise that you made for us, the video with our daughter which by the way I cry every time I see it.
    We recommend The H Wedding Photography, they are the best....

Tracey · Married on 06/08/2013

We are completely blown away by the photographs by Doru & Claudia Halip. We are so in awe of both of their talent! Words can't express how grateful we are to have our photos taken by them and we couldn't have dreamed of better photos to have forever. We had our belated Engagement session with the H Photo and we had so much fun. You will not be disappointed if you work with Doru & Claudia! They are so creative, absolutely incredible to work with, and we highly recommend them! We love their talent, genuine and very warm personalities and skill level so much that we are trying to think of more life events to get the opportunity to work with them again. They make the photo sessions very fun. We will definitely recommend them to friends and be sure to call them for more events in the future. Their passion for what they do is contagious and truly shows in the pictures. They are stunning wedding photographers!

Esther · Married on 05/18/2013

Doru and Claudia were the best investment my husband and I made for our wedding. From the creative engagement pictures (that all of our friends could not stop raving about) to their flexibility and friendliness to their photos on the wedding day, the pictures they took and provided for us will be something we treasure forever. They are a very friendly and experienced married couple with a keen eye for creatively capturing photos with beautiful scenery and landscape. They were also very punctual, reliable, professional, and affordable! Even though they had to stay a few minutes later for our sparkler exit photos and start a few minutes early for our getting ready photos, they were extremely flexible with time and we so appreciated that. They understood the type of photos we wanted and helped us both to feel comfortable in front of the camera. We just got back our pictures and are reviewing our album and absolutely love it! You could not go wrong with Doru & Claudia! Highly recommend them for your photography needs!!

Emily · Married on 04/27/2013

We hired Doru to photograph our wedding on 4/27/13 and can't recommend him enough. He is very creative, willing to listen to what you are looking for and just all around a wonderful person to work with. We were extremely happy with the results and have friends and family costantly commenting on how beautiful our pictures turned out. We couldn't have chosen anyone better to capture our day.