Gypsy Soul Catering Reviews

9 | Kearneysville, WV

9 Reviews for Gypsy Soul Catering

Megan M. · Married on 01/09/2021

Excellent food, friendly staff!

Maria was lovely to work with! Due to Covid cancellations this year we found ourselves without a caterer only a few weeks before our wedding. She responded to my quote request quickly, gave me a few options that would fit the budget we was aiming for, and met with me via Zoom a few weeks before the wedding so that we could chat face-to-face and make sure we were on the same page. She took the time to look at pictures of my decorations and inspiration to make sure that the buffet tables fit into the style and feel, and even had copper serving pieces that fit beautifully with the rose gold accents in our wedding decor. We served the taco bar and fruit appetizers and it was a hit with all of our guests. Highly recommend!

Erin · Married on 10/24/2020

Chef maria is amazing!

We had the pleasure to work with Chef Maria to cater our wedding this past weekend. Our experience with Gypsy Soul Mobile Café was nothing but the best. Not only was the food fantastic but the staff was also incredible. Everyone was so polite, personable and had such a great attitude.

We wanted a soup bar during cocktail hour for our fall wedding and Gypsy Soul was one of the only caterers we could find that would accommodate this request. It was a hit and our guests loved it. The set up and display of all the food was so beautiful. Chef Maria also made our wedding cake and laid out an amazing spread of desserts. We received so many compliments on how delicious everything was.

In addition, working with Chef Maria to cater a large event was so great. She made the whole process so easy and carefree. We still talk about how much we enjoyed the tasting we had with her earlier in the year.

We highly recommend Chef Maria and her team at Gypsy Soul Mobile Café!!

Stephanie J. · Married on 09/19/2020

Very professional

Maria and her staff were absolutely amazing! The food was fantastic and fresh tasting right down to the homemade bread. She was very responsive to all my questions and meet with me several times to go over everything to make sure my needs were met. She definitely made the catering for my wedding stress free. Highly recommended and will definitely use her services again♥️

Sent on 11/18/2020

Stephanie J. · Married on 09/19/2020

Very professional

Sent on 11/18/2020

Rachel G. · Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing Food

We hired Chef Maria to cater our wedding and the experience truly exceeded our expectations. The food was amazing and presentation as well. Staff was very professional. We plan on using again in the future and highly recommend as well.

• Molly

Molly · Married on 07/12/2020

Outstanding Catering for Backyard Wedding

Chef Maria and her team at Gypsy Soul Catering are absolutely incredible! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, my summer 2020 wedding plans had to change drastically in the span of about three months. I was in need to a caterer last minute and Gypsy Soul Catering delivered more than I could have hoped for! Chef Maria was so accommodating and helpful in making my wedding dreams come true even under a time crunch! The food was affordable, plentiful, and DELICIOUS! All the guests were raving about the wonderful and unique food prepared! I honestly can't thank her enough! I would definitely recommend Gypsy Soul Catering for your next event, and would absolutely use their services again in the future!

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Lisa

Lisa Y. · Married on 06/09/2020

Wedding Reception

maria and her team were great to work with. with had many vegatarian guests and we were able to come up with a menu for all of our guests. maria came out prior to the event to look over our property. everything was set up so beautifully. everyone enjoyed the hodurves, dinner, and dessert. even the infused water was delicious.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Leanne · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious Food and Great Service!

Recently my company Broad View Events was hired for a small, at-home wedding. I found Gypsy Soul Catering online and saw they had great reviews, so reached out to Chef Maria. Response was very quick and thorough, with a sample menu and ballpark pricing that I could pass on to my clients. From there we went on to an initial meeting and followed up with a tasting, both of which made my clients feel very much at ease with the whole process. Fast forward to wedding day, and Chef Maria and her crew came in and very efficiently set up in the small home kitchen. The food was delicious and the service stellar. Chef Maria even made the wedding cake! I would highly recommend Gypsy Soul if you’re looking for a caterer or at home chef, and I look forward to working with Chef Maria and her team in the future!

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2019

Best part of my wedding! Besides the getting hitched part 😉

My husband and I had the pleasure of hiring Maria and her business to cater our wedding. We actually went through some unexpected financial situations right before the big day. Maria gave us several other options for dinner that were still amazing and it was really reassuring to know she would work with us during a time of uncertainty. In the end it all worked out with our situation and we got to choose the food we really wanted, the Italian dinner. By far one of the best meals I have eaten. I ate it for days after our wedding as well. The display was beautiful and customized to our dinner. It speaks volumes when that’s the main part your guests talk to you about. Lol. Maria was always in communication and on time. There was some plates that were misplaced and she even ran to the store on her way to our wedding to grab more. She went out of her way in several areas and those “little” gestures will always follow when I think of her. I can’t wait to have another even so I can hire her again! Can you have a vowel renewal on a 2nd anniversary?? 🤣
    Big thanks to Maria and her staff! xoxo