Groove Authority Reviews

Groove Authority 6
Groove Authority 7

Jenna M Russell · Getting married on 08/30/2019

Wonderful!

So incredible. I attended my cousins wedding over the weekend and they had Groove Authority play at the reception. They did an amazing job and played a wonderful selection. I highly recommend them!!!

anne · Married on 10/26/2018

The Best Band

We had the band Groove Authority for my daughters recent wedding (10/26/18), the band was awesome! They are such a talented group of musicians, who really know how to entertain a group. My guests were all raving about the band. They played a variety of songs. The dance floor was jammed all night long. If you want the best, then hire Groove Authority!

Nick Glicos · Married on 10/25/2018

Groove Authority is outstanding!!!!

We've hired many great bands over the years, but none of them compare to Groove Authority!!! True professionals and amazing talent from every member of the band. You will be very happy you chose them! We've now booked them for a 3rd straight year.

Seth B · Married on 10/21/2018

Highly recommend Groove Authority for your wedding!!!

If there was one thing I cared about for my wedding it was the music -- I looked around quite a bit to find the right fit. From the first conversation with Paul, I knew Groove Authority was the right choice. They are so kind, easy to work with, put on showcases in Boston often to check out the vibe of the band, open and able to play such a variety of music and lastly, they are a BAND. I liked the idea that they are always playing together rather than something that is just strung together with talented musicians who do not play often together (which is what many wedding bands tend to be) Paul and the team were an absolute pleasure and pure dance party! We had a jewish wedding making it a bit more complicated musically for adding a couple hebrew songs but they NAILED it! We were looking for upbeat, funk , dance party tunes and Groove authority delivered from start to finish! Dont bother looking around at anyone else-- trust me-- sign these guys up!!!

Andrew Navickas · Married on 10/07/2018

Best Wedding Band Ever!

One of the best decisions that we could have possibly made for our wedding day was booking Groove Authority as the entertainment. Man do they live up to their hype! From the beginning Paul was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was incredibly patient with us when we changed our mind a couple times on specific choices and made the whole planning process very easy. The hardest part of planning actually was picking which songs we wanted them to play as their list of known songs is RIDICULOUSLY long. Like over 500 songs long. And they genuinely know ALL of them and are also willing to learn new songs for you! I can confidently say that they made the night. The band did a fantastic job of reading the room and keeping the party going. They were so good, we even had people on the dance floor during dinner when the band was playing some slower music. On multiple occasions the lead singers made their way onto the dance floor to truly engage all of our guests and get down with them. At one point, Paul even played his electric guitar behind his head during a solo on the dance floor! My wife and I (thanks to a great waitress bringing us drinks) didn’t leave the dance floor a single time the entire night. Every individual member of the band is incredibly talented and they did a great job of sharing lead singers during different songs to add to the variety. We have been to our fair share of weddings over the years, some with DJs and others with live bands. We have never danced so much or had as much fun as we did with Groove Authority. A month later, our friends and guests are still commenting and texting us that they are the best wedding band they have ever heard. They are professional, talented, engaging, and overall an absolute blast. If you are on the fence about who to book, book them! You will not be disappointed! Thank you so much for helping to give us the best night of our lives!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

BEST wedding band!

We knew we wanted a band for our wedding, but never imagined how good our wedding band would be! Groove Authority is a MUST for your wedding!! Paul was incredibly easy to work with, even with our crazy work schedules. He was very flexible and was able to accommodate all of our requests. My mom contacted him for a surprise father daughter dance moment which Paul pulled off without hesitation and was an incredible surprise to me! The band had everyone on the dance floor all night, our guests can't stop talking about. how amazing they were! Thank you so much to Paul and Groove Authority for making our wedding such a memorable night!!

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

I love Groove Authority!

Groove authority was the band for my sisters wedding. They were so phenomenal I hired them for my wedding and they were even more amazing! There was not an open spot on the dance floor all night long, they worked with all of my requests, and more importantly were accommodating to my venue's requirements/restrictions. I couldn't recommend them more! Worth every penny, my guests have been raving about them for weeks :)

Gabriella · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing band!

Groove Authority is an incredible band!!! Best band I have ever heard! We had Groove Authority play at our wedding, and our guests could not believe how amazing they were. Months after our wedding, and we still have people complimenting Groove Authority.

The band owner, Paul, was wonderful to work with during the planning process and during the day of our wedding. Paul was available to answer any necessary questions, and was extremely helpful by accommodating our particular band requests. Groove Authority was extremely professional and willing to tailor their performance as necessary for our wedding.

Groove Authority also played the piano during our ceremony and cocktail hour - and we received endless complements on the music.

I cannot say enough great things about Groove Authority. If you are looking for someone to keep your guests on the dance floor and to enjoy incredible music throughout your event, book with Groove Authority!!!

Shannon · Married on 09/15/2018

Unbelievably awesome wedding band!

Best part of our wedding! Groove Authority played at our wedding last month and rocked it!! The dance floor stayed packed all night long and everyone is still raving about how awesome they were! Paul was very easy to get in touch with and stayed in communication with us right along. He was also very willing to help us with some last minute changes we made to our reception. If you are looking for an easy going vendor to help you throw an awesome party, these guys are the band for you!

Dalya · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing Wedding Band

BEST WEDDING BAND EVER! We were able to come up with a song list as well as request a few songs the band didn't know. Paul reviewed the list, our timeline, etc. a few times before our wedding and then we did a final check in 3 days before the wedding. The band was so fun and sounded amazing. Their youtube channel is amazing and it doesn't even do them justice! For our 2 special song requests the band invited my husband and I up on stage with them which was super cute and funny. All of our guests have been raving about our band and we were so happy that we picked them!

Kathryn · Married on 08/19/2018

Groove Authority is absolutely incredible!

Groove Authority is absolutely incredible! I first heard them at my sister’s wedding in the summer of 2015. I knew that Groove Authority was definitely going to be my first choice for music when it was time to plan my wedding.
    I hired the band to play at my wedding in August of 2018 and they exceeded my expectations! From the initial phone call with Paul to my wedding day, all of the communication was prompt, thorough, and an overall very pleasant experience.
    The band members are extremely talented performers and they also know how to read the room – they had guests from every generation out on the dance floor having a wonderful time throughout the evening. The band learned two new songs for us for our father /daughter dance and mother/son dance, including a mash up of two versions of one of the songs to go along with a choreographed routine.
    Groove Authority was one of my favorite vendors to work with and I highly recommend them! All of the band members were very professional, friendly, courteous, and a pleasure to have at my wedding!

Lauren · Married on 08/18/2018

Groove Authority was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. From the beginning Paul was extremely helpful with any questions that I had, and he gave great advice on how things were typically done. At our reception, the dinner set was wonderful and guests could not stop complimenting the band. During our third course, my husband and I snuck out for sunset pictures. When we got back almost all of our guests were already on the dance floor! We could not believe how much energy was in the room and I immediately took off my heels to join everyone. We must have danced for three hours straight, it was the most fun I have ever had. The band really knows how to interact, at one point I was on stage singing with my bridesmaids, and a few songs later my husband went up to sing Sweet Child of Mine with the lead singer! So many of our guests said it was the best wedding band they had ever seen, and it really is true. Thank you so much Groove Authority!

Gabrielle · Married on 07/29/2018

Groove authority is the greatest band of all time! They are what made our wedding the most fun and best night of our lives! Seriously, I dont know where to start. Their band manager Paul is SO responsive, kind, honest, and amazing at what he does. He was so accommodating to all of our requests, one example: the band offers to learn new songs that they don't have in their giant repertoire if there is a song you are dying for them to play. In our case they learned I think 3 songs, one of which was our first dance song. We were super nervous and decided to take dance lessons, so asked for a preview of the song. They sent us the preview, and we asked for it to be slightly changed, so they changed it, and sent us another recording all a few MONTHS before the wedding so we would have enough time to practice! INCREDIBLE! Paul also gave us such good advice on the order of events, and he was the most organized and basically carried through our whole wedding from start to finish in the smoothest and cleanest way possible. Paul started with micing up the ceremony, then we had two instruments for the cocktail hour, and the whole band for the reception. I wish he was our wedding planner in general, he is just so on top of things. Our hora was unheard of with EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the dance floor, we were all dripping in sweat from the first second of the reception through the rest of the night since we were all dancing so hard. At one point, the band somehow coaxed my usually introverted up on stage and handed him a microphone and he sang with the band to his favorite song! At the very end, I don't know how this happened, and I've never seen this at a wedding, but all of our friends and family were so into the music, they created a giant dance circle and all did the "can-can" legs in sync. I've never smiled, danced, laughed so hard in my life. Since the wedding everyone has asked us who our band was and wanted to book them. Thank you Groove Authority times a million!

Groove Authority 8
    Groove Authority 9
    Groove Authority 10

Chris Danford · Married on 07/28/2018

great band

Very easy to work with, prompt and responsive to questions and concerns. Learned songs for us that sounded great. The music variety was awesome for both young and old in the crowd. Everyone commented it was the best wedding band they'd seen. They even did an encore song at the end. Would highly recommend.

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2018

When we began our search for wedding vendors, I remember worrying the most about how we were going to determine the band. It’s such an integral part of the reception, and there had been many instances at past weddings where the band was sub-par. It also seemed like a massive time suck to review videos and/or visit bands in person. Thankfully, a co-worker of mine recommended Groove Authority – and I can’t thank her enough. I can confidently say that Groove Authority was one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding. THEY KILLED IT. Paul was so organized throughout the entire process – nothing fell through the cracks – and he was always available to hop on a quick call or answer a text if I needed to confirm something (for the millionth time). Beyond the music, he was incredible at sticking to our timeline – he even introduced the MOH / best man speeches on his “break” – truly going above and beyond to ensure we had an incredible day. I’ve also never seen a band be more engaging with the audience – Paul & the rest of the band members actually got out on the dance floor and sang with the crowd – he even played the guitar behind his head. IT WAS INSANE. They even had people on the dance floor before the entrees were served – something I’ve never seen at a wedding.

People still come up to me to this day saying it was by far the best band they have experienced at a wedding and it was more like that were at a concert than a wedding.

Groove Authority was one of the best vendors we hired & we would recommend them whole heartedly.

Groove Authority 11
    Groove Authority 12

Mai · Married on 07/08/2018

Groove Authority is the best wedding band you could ask for. When our friends found out we booked them they shrieked in excitement and my mother played their songs on their site over and over. Paul was so kind and patient with our requests and the whole band made our big day very special. When people bring up our wedding the first thing they say is “wow.. that band was amazing”. I could not recommend them enough! If we ever host another event that needs a band you better believe we are calling Groove Authority!!

Jon · Married on 07/07/2018

This band is absolutely amazing. I just had my wedding yesterday (7.7.2018) and it was an unbelievable experience, so much so that I'm compelled to write this review the very next day. The second the band started playing people were getting up on the dance floor, salads still on table, people literally could not stay seated. Throughout the night people kept telling me things like "dude where did you find these guys, they're incredible" or "I can't believe how amazing this band is". The dance floor was packed the entire night. At the end of the wedding I heard from many friends and family that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and I genuinely believe that this band had a lot to do with that. You could have everything go wrong with your special day and this band alone could make it great again. You seriously will not be disappointed with these guys.

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2018

We were so happy with Groove Authority’s performance! The band had everyone up and dancing before dinner. We got so many compliments! They have a variety of songs that will entice anyone, any age to get up and dance. The band learned our first dance song as well as the songs for the first dances with our parents. Paul was very flexible and great to work with. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice to have them perform!

Jackie · Married on 06/02/2018

Groove Authority truly made our wedding such a special day for us! The music was perfect from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. The band members' high energy, fabulous set list, and pure talent engaged our guests and had everyone on the dance floor the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted for our event. We have received so many compliments on Groove Authority from our guests, and the band was all anyone could talk about! They made our wedding fun and exciting for everyone there, and we would highly recommend them for any event!

Tara Finn · Married on 05/27/2018

Groove Authority made my wedding!

Words can’t not describe how groove authority literally made our wedding ! We had to pull people off of the dance floor ! The music was top notch.. we got to ask for our favorite music and Paul was so great to work with and answered all of our questions :) best part of the night was groom air guitaring with a member of the band! So many people asked for their number afterwards ! You can’t go wrong !

Diane · Married on 05/25/2018

I recently had the Groove Authority play at my wedding. The band was so accommodating and easy to work with leading up to my wedding. They are a great band and had everyone dancing the entire night. I highly recommend !!

Jessie · Married on 05/19/2018

We booked Groove Authority for our May 2018 wedding in the Berkshires, and they were incredible. In the planning process, Paul was so responsive and easy to work with, helping us go through every detail to make sure it was perfect. We were able to add a few extra musicians to get the sound we wanted, and they even learned a new song that we requested. At the wedding itself, they were amazing. They kept everyone dancing the entire night, and so many people complimented us on our band. A couple people commented that at times they thought the band was on a break and playing recorded music because their rendition sounded so much like the original artist. They truly made our wedding an amazing party and were a joy to work with. You won't regret booking them!

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

Your search should stop right here for your band. Groove Authority is the only band you want to play at your wedding. My guests have not stopped raving about Paul and his band mates since my big day earlier this month. Once the lights came down and these musicians took the stage, everybody couldn’t help but get out of their chair! They are simply the best. Paul was a dream to work with- he’s extremely detail oriented and very flexible with the slate of music. He even got the band to learn a brand new song just for the my husband’s side of the family! Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

• Mrs. Sponge

Shauna · Married on 04/27/2018

I was a little nervous about having a band instead of a DJ, but Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations. Everyone kept telling me the whole night how great the band was. We had people on the dance floor until the very last song. They completely changed up their set list when they realized our crowd was more into classic rock than hip hop/pop and stuck to what our crowd wanted to hear. I went from dreading the idea of having a band to having a blast rocking out with them within the first few songs. I picked a recorded song for our last song and will forever regret that. I wish I had let Groove Authority close out the night with the same great energy they brought the whole night. If you are looking for a band for you wedding I highly recommend Groove Authority!

Scott · Married on 04/21/2018

Among the very top of our list for professionals associated with our daughter's wedding, Paul Fudin and the Groove Authority were virtually perfect - in every way. Paul was thorough in his inquiries about what we wanted, accommodating in our occasionally off-the-wall requests, timely in all communications, and essentially, the consummate professional. He actually pointed our some possible 'weaknesses' in our timeline, offered suggestions, and with his valued and insightful input, improved on what we were trying to create. He was not pushy or insistent, but helped to save us from ourselves! He helped manage the pre-wedding planning process with timely reminders, and accommodated our availability. And musically? There are simply none better. Ours was a black-tie-optional wedding (so the band all dressed the part), and we all wanted to dance. Together, we curated a list of songs and let Paul 'manage' the set timing (as well as handling the MC responsibilities). EVERYONE raved about how great the music was, and how they truly "danced the night away." These folks are absolute treasures, and I offer my highest endorsement of them, their professionalism, and believe that they really contributed a lion's share to 'make' the wedding such a huge success!