185 Reviews for Groove Authority

Sample Music (9)
Liability Insurance (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
184 Groove Authority Reviews

Groove Authority was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. From the beginning Paul was extremely helpful with any questions that I had, and he gave great advice on how things were typically done. At our reception, the dinner set was wonderful and guests could not stop complimenting the band. During our third course, my husband and I snuck out for sunset pictures. When we got back almost all of our guests were already on the dance floor! We could not believe how much energy was in the room and I immediately took off my heels to join everyone. We must have danced for three hours straight, it was the most fun I have ever had. The band really knows how to interact, at one point I was on stage singing with my bridesmaids, and a few songs later my husband went up to sing Sweet Child of Mine with the lead singer! So many of our guests said it was the best wedding band they had ever seen, and it really is true. Thank you so much Groove Authority!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/18/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Groove authority is the greatest band of all time! They are what made our wedding the most fun and best night of our lives! Seriously, I dont know where to start. Their band manager Paul is SO responsive, kind, honest, and amazing at what he does. He was so accommodating to all of our requests, one example: the band offers to learn new songs that they don't have in their giant repertoire if there is a song you are dying for them to play. In our case they learned I think 3 songs, one of which was our first dance song. We were super nervous and decided to take dance lessons, so asked for a preview of the song. They sent us the preview, and we asked for it to be slightly changed, so they changed it, and sent us another recording all a few MONTHS before the wedding so we would have enough time to practice! INCREDIBLE! Paul also gave us such good advice on the order of events, and he was the most organized and basically carried through our whole wedding from start to finish in the smoothest and cleanest way possible. Paul started with micing up the ceremony, then we had two instruments for the cocktail hour, and the whole band for the reception. I wish he was our wedding planner in general, he is just so on top of things. Our hora was unheard of with EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the dance floor, we were all dripping in sweat from the first second of the reception through the rest of the night since we were all dancing so hard. At one point, the band somehow coaxed my usually introverted up on stage and handed him a microphone and he sang with the band to his favorite song! At the very end, I don't know how this happened, and I've never seen this at a wedding, but all of our friends and family were so into the music, they created a giant dance circle and all did the "can-can" legs in sync. I've never smiled, danced, laughed so hard in my life. Since the wedding everyone has asked us who our band was and wanted to book them. Thank you Groove Authority times a million!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 7/29/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Vocals, Willing to Travel

When we began our search for wedding vendors, I remember worrying the most about how we were going to determine the band. It’s such an integral part of the reception, and there had been many instances at past weddings where the band was sub-par. It also seemed like a massive time suck to review videos and/or visit bands in person. Thankfully, a co-worker of mine recommended Groove Authority – and I can’t thank her enough. I can confidently say that Groove Authority was one of my favorite parts of the entire wedding. THEY KILLED IT. Paul was so organized throughout the entire process – nothing fell through the cracks – and he was always available to hop on a quick call or answer a text if I needed to confirm something (for the millionth time). Beyond the music, he was incredible at sticking to our timeline – he even introduced the MOH / best man speeches on his “break” – truly going above and beyond to ensure we had an incredible day. I’ve also never seen a band be more engaging with the audience – Paul & the rest of the band members actually got out on the dance floor and sang with the crowd – he even played the guitar behind his head. IT WAS INSANE. They even had people on the dance floor before the entrees were served – something I’ve never seen at a wedding.

People still come up to me to this day saying it was by far the best band they have experienced at a wedding and it was more like that were at a concert than a wedding.

Groove Authority was one of the best vendors we hired & we would recommend them whole heartedly.

Profile Picture Jenna, 7/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Groove Authority is the best wedding band you could ask for. When our friends found out we booked them they shrieked in excitement and my mother played their songs on their site over and over. Paul was so kind and patient with our requests and the whole band made our big day very special. When people bring up our wedding the first thing they say is “wow.. that band was amazing”. I could not recommend them enough! If we ever host another event that needs a band you better believe we are calling Groove Authority!!

Profile Picture Mai, 7/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

This band is absolutely amazing. I just had my wedding yesterday (7.7.2018) and it was an unbelievable experience, so much so that I'm compelled to write this review the very next day. The second the band started playing people were getting up on the dance floor, salads still on table, people literally could not stay seated. Throughout the night people kept telling me things like "dude where did you find these guys, they're incredible" or "I can't believe how amazing this band is". The dance floor was packed the entire night. At the end of the wedding I heard from many friends and family that this was the best wedding they had ever been to and I genuinely believe that this band had a lot to do with that. You could have everything go wrong with your special day and this band alone could make it great again. You seriously will not be disappointed with these guys.

Profile Picture Jon, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

We were so happy with Groove Authority’s performance! The band had everyone up and dancing before dinner. We got so many compliments! They have a variety of songs that will entice anyone, any age to get up and dance. The band learned our first dance song as well as the songs for the first dances with our parents. Paul was very flexible and great to work with. We couldn’t have been happier with our choice to have them perform!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Groove Authority truly made our wedding such a special day for us! The music was perfect from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. The band members' high energy, fabulous set list, and pure talent engaged our guests and had everyone on the dance floor the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted for our event. We have received so many compliments on Groove Authority from our guests, and the band was all anyone could talk about! They made our wedding fun and exciting for everyone there, and we would highly recommend them for any event!

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/2/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones

I recently had the Groove Authority play at my wedding. The band was so accommodating and easy to work with leading up to my wedding. They are a great band and had everyone dancing the entire night. I highly recommend !!

Profile Picture Diane, 5/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

We booked Groove Authority for our May 2018 wedding in the Berkshires, and they were incredible. In the planning process, Paul was so responsive and easy to work with, helping us go through every detail to make sure it was perfect. We were able to add a few extra musicians to get the sound we wanted, and they even learned a new song that we requested. At the wedding itself, they were amazing. They kept everyone dancing the entire night, and so many people complimented us on our band. A couple people commented that at times they thought the band was on a break and playing recorded music because their rendition sounded so much like the original artist. They truly made our wedding an amazing party and were a joy to work with. You won't regret booking them!

Profile Picture Jessie, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Your search should stop right here for your band. Groove Authority is the only band you want to play at your wedding. My guests have not stopped raving about Paul and his band mates since my big day earlier this month. Once the lights came down and these musicians took the stage, everybody couldn’t help but get out of their chair! They are simply the best. Paul was a dream to work with- he’s extremely detail oriented and very flexible with the slate of music. He even got the band to learn a brand new song just for the my husband’s side of the family! Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

I was a little nervous about having a band instead of a DJ, but Groove Authority far exceeded my expectations. Everyone kept telling me the whole night how great the band was. We had people on the dance floor until the very last song. They completely changed up their set list when they realized our crowd was more into classic rock than hip hop/pop and stuck to what our crowd wanted to hear. I went from dreading the idea of having a band to having a blast rocking out with them within the first few songs. I picked a recorded song for our last song and will forever regret that. I wish I had let Groove Authority close out the night with the same great energy they brought the whole night. If you are looking for a band for you wedding I highly recommend Groove Authority!

Profile Picture Shauna, 4/27/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Among the very top of our list for professionals associated with our daughter's wedding, Paul Fudin and the Groove Authority were virtually perfect - in every way. Paul was thorough in his inquiries about what we wanted, accommodating in our occasionally off-the-wall requests, timely in all communications, and essentially, the consummate professional. He actually pointed our some possible 'weaknesses' in our timeline, offered suggestions, and with his valued and insightful input, improved on what we were trying to create. He was not pushy or insistent, but helped to save us from ourselves! He helped manage the pre-wedding planning process with timely reminders, and accommodated our availability. And musically? There are simply none better. Ours was a black-tie-optional wedding (so the band all dressed the part), and we all wanted to dance. Together, we curated a list of songs and let Paul 'manage' the set timing (as well as handling the MC responsibilities). EVERYONE raved about how great the music was, and how they truly "danced the night away." These folks are absolute treasures, and I offer my highest endorsement of them, their professionalism, and believe that they really contributed a lion's share to 'make' the wedding such a huge success!

Profile Picture Scott, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

They had our daughters' wedding dancing!!!! they are so professional! we highly recommend them!!!!

Profile Picture Linda, 4/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band was awesome, fun, and experienced! From the first time we heard them on YouTube we knew they were the one we wanted! Paul was extremely helpful in every step of the process and made it soooo easy to have all of the entertainment taken care of. Not only did they run all of the PA for our wedding ceremony, they also played music for our cocktail hour. When it came to the wedding reception they had everyone, from toddlers to grandparents, from French to Americans, cutting up the dance floor all night. We are so happy we picked this band and will certainly hire them again. There range of songs was unreal, they were able to keep everyone happy and dancing.

Profile Picture Magali, 2/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had Groove Authority at our wedding this past New Year’s Eve and they were AWESOME. From the music at cocktail hour to the very last song they kept our guests happy and on the dance floor. We got so many compliments on how good they were and how much fun they made our wedding. They were very easy to work with, incorporated all of the songs that we asked them to, and had a great feel for the crowd playing different songs that appealed to people of all ages throughout the night. They even let me sit in on bass for a few songs which was a lot of fun. They made our wedding very memorable and I would highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Nick, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had Groove Authority at our wedding this past New Year’s Eve and they were AWESOME. From the music at cocktail hour to the very last song they kept our guests happy and on the dance floor. We got so many compliments after the wedding on how good they were and how much fun they made our wedding. They were very easy to work with, incorporated all of the songs that we asked them to, and had a great feel for the crowd, playing different songs that appealed to people of all ages throughout the night. They even let my husband sit in on bass for a few songs which was a lot of fun and was an awesome surprise for our guests! They made our wedding very memorable and I would highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Caroline, 12/31/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Best Ever! If you are thinking about Groove Authority for your event, stop thinking and start booking. They were the best decision we made for our wedding. All of our guests were dancing before soup was served. Every song was unbelievable. Paul was so professional. He listened to all of our hopes from our first dance song to songs we wanted played throughout the night and made it all happen. The day of my wedding, I was so confident in Groove Authority, they were the one thing I knew I didn't have to worry about. All of our guests weeks later have been non stop talking about how great the band and dancing were. We are so grateful that the Groove Authority was part of our special day.

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

There are no words to describe how amazing this band is! We booked them for our corporate event days before and it was the best decision we made. Our guests danced the ENTIRE TIME - we even extended by 30 minutes! If you don't book this band - shame on you!...your loss for sure! Our event wouldn't have been the same without them!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had the pleasure of having Groove Authority play at my daughters recent wedding. They were by far an amazing band. I always heard at weddings that people remember the band and the food, well they will remember Groove Authority! They were unforgettable!

Profile Picture Jane , 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Groove Authority is definitely the band to choose for your wedding! From the quick responses and flexibility planning with Paul, the band manager, from the energy that the band brought to our wedding, they were amazing. We had everyone from our wedding (200 people) on the dance floor before salads were served. I have never seen that before! To say the least, you cannot go wrong booking Groove Authority!

Profile Picture Abby, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT GROOVE AUTHORITY!!!! They are AMAZING. They learned two songs for our wedding and were extremely professional and responsive in all communications throughout our entire engagement. The dance floor was PACKED the whole night and people were raving about the band for months after the wedding (we got married 6 months ago). Multiple people reached out to them to do their own weddings as well! Do not hesitate to book them - you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had Groove Authority play at our wedding and they did an absolutely fantastic job. They kept the crowd dancing during the up beat sections and everyone had great things to say about them after the wedding. They also accommodated all of our special requests and worked with us to make sure the day was exactly how we wanted it. Thanks so much for an amazing night Groove Authority!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Groove Authority was the highlight of the wedding! They did a great job of organizing the flow of the evening, playing hits from all years to keep everyone dancing all night, and were very easy to work with. They could cover any type of song with male or female vocals and played a perfect rendition of our first dance song. Paul was communicative throughout the planning process and has lots of experience. Plus he absolutely shreds on the guitar.

Profile Picture Brian, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Awesome! Professional! Fun! Groove Authority had everyone dancing at my daughter's wedding at The Preserve in Tamworth, NH, this summer. And I mean everyone was dancing all night!! When I looked up at the second floor from the dance floor no one was there because they were all dancing!!!! AlLL NIGHT! All my guests RAVED about the band weeks later when we got together! In fact, a very close friend of ours will be having Groove Authority at their daughter's wedding in October in RI. Looking forward to spending another fun evening with the band! They are the BEST!!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews