Grey Cardinal Events Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 8 Reviews
View more information

• Neil
    Neil F. Married on 10/10/2021

Well Organized and prepared to make your wedding day a success!

Working with Grey Cardinal events and Allie on Chase & Chelsea's Wedding was a huge success. Allie took the time and helped us with the process for drone authorization at Virginia Tech along with making the day go extremely smooth for all of the wedding party and their vendors. Would highly recommend Grey Cardinal Events for your wedding planning needs!
  • JC Castillo
    Jc Castillo Married on 10/02/2021

Allie Detzler of Grey Cardinal Events - Essential to the nights successful outcome

I will start by repeating the first words I uttered to the bridal couple (Chase & Chelsea) when referencing Allie Detzler of Grey Cardinal Events…..this was your best investment as it concerns wedding services! Chase & Chelsea replied, “you’re not the first vendor to say that”. She was extremely personable and a pleasure to work with, but more importantly very productive and efficient.

The reception took place at the Inn at Virginia Tech, but the ceremony was conducted at the VT War Memorial Chapel. She visited the venue on multiple occasions before the wedding and she conducted endless research to facilitate the event for the couple and all the external vendors. She anticipated potential issues like parking for the vendors during the ceremony, so she reserved parking for the relevant parties involved in providing services for the ceremony.

She provided an extremely detailed timeline for all vendors which would provide a great reference for the timeline, as well as the execution of the events throughout the night.

Despite her great contribution to the successful outcome of the event, she was still holding herself accountable and challenging herself to learn from unprecedented experiences and to see if she could do anything better during her future events. I would never hesitate to recommend Grey Cardinal Events to anyone.
  • Chase and Chelsea
    Chelsea G. Married on 05/22/2021

My only regret was not hiring Allie SOONER!

Allie provided partial planning services for us and I cannot even put into words how incredible our experience was with Grey Cardinal Events. My only regret was that I didn't hire Allie as soon as I kicked off wedding planning. If you are anything like us, we started the process very hesitant about making the investment and confident that we could handle the wedding planning process ourselves (all while working two full-time jobs in the middle of COVID-19 *face palm*)... fast forward to three months before the wedding when my fiancé and I were overwhelmed and knew we needed professional help to get us across the finish line. Allie swooped in and provided the much needed guidance and calmness that we needed to finish out our final planning details and coordination with all our vendors.

Our favorite things:
    -Allie is responsive, thorough, and organized. We had weekly check-in's leading up to our wedding where she laid out our to-do lists - this made our lives so easy and focused
    -Allie is candid and will provide honest feedback on potential vendors to book and decor / pricing / etc. She won't try to up-sell you on unnecessary items and will keep your budget as a top priority
    -Her decor planning and set-up exceeded our expectations. Not only was she able to elicit our vision from conversation and Pinterest boards, Allie also has access to a lot of beautiful wedding decor rentals. she also crafted a balloon arch for our photo backdrop!
    -Allie and her team were quick thinkers and handled issues as discreetly as possible, keeping us as stress free as possible on our wedding day

I am not exaggerating when I say that my wedding day would not have been the same without Grey Cardinal Events. Multiple of my other vendors even complimented her organization and detail to me in separate conversations. Run, don't walk, to book Allie for your special day!
  • Heather
    Heather L. Married on 05/16/2021

Took all the stress out of our wedding day

Allie is amazing! We can't recommend her enough. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was smooth on our wedding day, and had all kinds of "Plan Bs" in case something didn't go as expected -- which sure came in handy when the pandemic hit. She helped tremendously with the pre-wedding planning with comparing vendors, helping us figure out what we wanted, and setting a realistic budget. She also created beautiful decorations for us based on my very loose ideas. As the bride, I didn't have to worry or think about a thing on our wedding day other than enjoying myself. She took care of every little detail and made sure guests knew where to go. Thank you so much, Allie!
    Georgia G. Married on 03/23/2019

Incredible Experience!

Allie is an incredibly organized, creative professional that made our wedding a dream come true! She thought of everything before we even needed to, making sure every detail was in order for our big day. I would recommend working with Allie to anyone who wants a beautiful, stress-free event at an amazing cost!

Grey Cardinal Events's reply:

Thank you so much Georgia! I hope you two had a fantastic honeymoon and are getting settled in to married life. Your wedding was such a beautiful and fun event. You have a great group of friends and family and was truly one of the most fun crowds I've seen!
    Best of luck, Allie
  • Jill
    Jill Married on 07/04/2018

Professional, Organized and So Creative!

Allie was a Godsend when we were planning our daughter's wedding. I thought I could do it all myself, but realized quickly that planning a wedding, and a rehearsal dinner in our backyard, AND continue with my own job and life was far more than I bargained for. She anticipated all of our needs for both events, narrowed down the options (with a pros and cons list already made for each) which helped make our decisions easier and quicker. She had awesome, creative ideas that worked with our budget and everything "simply" fell into place. From the invites to the thank you notes, and everything in-between, Simply Allie was simply invaluable to us for this big event. Highly recommended!

Grey Cardinal Events's reply:

Hi Jill!

It was such a pleasure working with your sweet family! I SOO appreciate this review. You all were so fun to work with and constantly impressed me with how on top of your check list you were! I hope to work with you again when your other children get married!
    Love, Allie
  • Beth
    Beth J. Married on 06/07/2018

AWESOME and BEAUTIFUL in every sense of those words.

Allie decorated the MOST beautiful cakes I've ever seen for my wedding. It looked like a magical garden was growing from the cake table. This was almost three years ago and people still comment to me about how amazing the cakes looked. Allie helped to create one of the most beautiful days of my life! She is also a very hard working and caring individual and she made sure that she understood what my vision was and executed it to perfection.
  • Anna
    Anna M. Married on 10/03/2020

Five Stars!!

Grey Cardinal Events was an excellent company to work with. They helped me plan every detail of my wedding. They provided endless options to help us find the perfect vendor team and kept everything extremely organized. They communicated every detail to our vendor team to ensure everyone was in sync every step of the way. The month of the wedding, they were extremely hands on making sure every detail was in place for our wedding day. On the day of the wedding, they came prepared for anything (literally anything) the day might throw at them. I later learned there were some hiccups (as expected with every event), but as the bride I had absolutely no idea until a few weeks later. Everything went so perfectly!! I highly recommend hiring Grey Cardinal Events to help you plan your next event!