Green Gables Estate Reviews

Green Gables Estate 4
Green Gables Estate 5
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Jhunjhnuwala · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Staff!

We did a tour of Twin Oaks and Green Gables (both owned by Trademark Venues). The moment we started the tour, we felt like the staff knew what they were doing. We felt at ease with the process and stunned by the beauty of both venues. We ended up choosing Green Gables for its beautiful ceremony grounds under the big pepper tree. We also felt it was a fair price for what they offered. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • MegStanley

Meghan Stanley · Getting married on 05/28/2020

THE PLACE to get married in the Northern San Diego County area

From the second we walked onto the grounds of this establishment we knew this was the place to say our "I Do's". Hidden away in it's own little oasis is this beautiful old white school house and SO much greenery you feel like you're in a secret garden. The grooms suite has been transformed into a 1920s-Gatsby style speakeasy and is absolutely incredible, while the bridal suite is INSIDE the old white schoolhouse. It looks like something straight out of a fairytale. Every piece of this property is absolutely stunning and we cannot WAIT to get married here! The staff is so friendly and accommodating; our tour guide (Jill, I believe?) was adorable and super nice listening to every concern or question we had.

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Laroux · Married on 08/16/2019

Our Wedding Day - Pure Perfection!

Jay and I were married at Green Gables Estate San Marcos, CA on August 16, 2019. I don’t even know where to begin – EVERYTHING about this venue, it’s atmosphere, the service, the food and coordination team was literally ON POINT. Green Gables made our dream wedding a reality, and we would recommend them a million times over. It is difficult to find a location that offers it all – from 10.5 private and uninterrupted hours with your friends and family, space to get ready, a beautiful ceremony location, full event set-up, delicious food and a grand reception area that will WOW your guests. It is as if you’ve entered your own little fairytale while on property. It will take your breath away. The Green Gables staff – I don’t even have the words. Hannah Tortosa, our wedding coordinator was beyond amazing. She became a sister to me through the process. She and the rest of the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had the day that we always dreamed of. Every detail was planned and executed with pure precision. Absolutely incredible people and a gorgeous venue to call home on your wedding day!

Green Gables Estate 6
    Green Gables Estate 19
    Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/02/2019

Great Venue - Rain or Shine!

My husband and I must have visited at least 20 venues over a 6 week period - Green Gables was the first one we looked at (and then subconsciously compared the others to) and we ultimately chose this location because it was beautiful, had everything we wanted, and they made everything so effortless and easy. Michelle set everything up for us and answered our many many questions, and Petar was a Godsend as a coordinator. He was quick to respond to messages, eased our concerns and let me wait until nearly the last minute to make final decisions, because it ended up raining (really hard) on our wedding day. We decided approximately 1.5 hours before the ceremony to move the entire wedding inside the reception tent (for 150 people), but they pulled off the best possible backup plan we could have hoped for, and we had one of the most unique San Diego weddings because of it! The food was also fantastic - our guests raved about all of the delicious options and ease of service with the food stations. We are so so happy that we chose to have our wedding here - they made our dream wedding possible, despite the rain!

Green Gables Estate 20
    Green Gables Estate 33
    Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Melissa And Ryan

MELISSA · Married on 02/23/2019

This place is amazing! Michelle, our consultant was awesome. She didn't sugar coat or try to push us into choosing their venue. She was very nice and because of all that, that's why we chose them!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Halie · Married on 02/15/2019

Wedding Venue

Hannah was our coordinator and made the wedding planning effortless. Everything came out wonderful and guests only had wonderful things to say.

Sent on 03/12/2019

Michelle · Married on 01/13/2019

Beautiful Venue

What can I say about this beautiful, vintage, hidden away spot, it is absolutely amazing! I knew from the moment I stepped on the grounds that this would be the fairytale place to get married. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful, Melissa our day of and really throughout the year coordinator was just simply amazing and professional. If you are looking for an outside wonderland with twinkle lights Green Gables is the spot. We can’t say enough about how wonderful this place is and how awesome the workers are, it truly was a magical day for us. Thank you again for making our special day extra special.

The newly weds Michelle & Jonathan Glass

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Married and Loving It!

Jayna · Married on 02/25/2018

This is hands down one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen!! Everything about it makes me smile from the venue, to the decor, and the people working there! I am not the wedding planning type, the thought of buying and creating centerpieces is NOT my idea of fun. Green Gables has several centerpieces to pick from that are included in your package or you can feel free to bring your own or add to them in anyway you would like. I can't wait to spend my wedding day getting ready in the vintage school house (with ac) and all the scenery will make amazing photos!

Green Gables Estate 34
    Green Gables Estate 42
    Green Gables Estate 43
    Sent on 09/27/2017
  • User5320531 · 2+ years ago

From the moment my fiance and I stepped foot at Green Gables, we knew it was the perfect place for us to get married. It has an unparalleled ambiance that I didn't find at any other venue. The staff greeted us with open arms and have been extremely helpful in the process thus far. I instantly felt comfortable and at home and cannot wait to marry my best friend at this gorgeous venue!

Sent on 08/11/2015

hayley · Married on 06/21/2016

To start, I’m in love with this venue. Even though I’m already married, I sometimes stop by just to walk around because it is so dang beautiful! From the start, the staff was so professional. The planning process took away the inevitable stress of planning a wedding because they have such an efficient system. This is mostly because they are all inclusive, they provide a planner that you have 3 meetings with and can call/email with immediate responses. This venue is so incredibly beautiful I thought about not even writing a review because I didn’t want anyone else to have it! (I’m selfish) But in reality I’m writing this because the staff at this historic school house made for the most memorable day of my life…my friends and family still talk about it! we danced and danced all night and the food is so good you'll think you're at a 5-star restaurant! The only quam I have with this enchanting venue is that I could only get married here once! Thank you Green Gables staff for your hard work and utmost expertise in making my wedding day special, and for not making me feel like “just another bride.”

Sent on 11/17/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/01/2016

Green Gables was the best choice we made during our entire wedding planning process. The moment they started talking about how much they take care of, I felt like I could breathe again. They make a ton of promises in those initial meetings, and they kept every single one.

The venue is just as stunning in person as it is in pictures, and you get the whole place to yourself after 2:00 pm on your wedding day. We arrived earlier than that to get ready, and we weren't bothered at all by anyone touring the venue, so it worked out perfectly! They are extremely professional, and every meeting with them went smoothly. They thought of everything - from the delicious food down to the smallest details that you would never think of.

Daniel was our rehearsal coordinator and our day-of coordinator, and we couldn't have asked for anyone better. He kept us all calm and on track with our timeline, and he was so sweet during the whole day.

The food that is included in the cost of the venue package is amazing - it's all our guests could talk about. It definitely didn't taste like banquet food, and the portions are huge!

If you're put off by the fact that you have to use one of their recommended vendors for the DJ, don't be. We used Greg Gomez at San Diego Partytime DJ's, and he was superb. Our guests were obsessed with the music he chose.

The price for Green Gables is worth your peace of mind - they really will take care of it all, and if anything goes awry on your day, you'll never know it!

Sent on 05/01/2016
  • mimitrue

Jamie · Married on 01/10/2016

When I first started looking at wedding inspiration photos online, I saved a picture I found on google of a beautiful tented pavilion as part of my "dream" wedding inspiration. We booked a different venue and then our guest count increased and we had to find a new venue. As luck would have it, I found Green Gables and low and behold found the picture of my dream wedding on it. I figured it couldn't hurt to try especially since it was the inspiration to my wedding planning in the beginning, kind of like a sign. Not only was this place affordable but it could fit our guest count, was all inclusive and had the ceremony and reception in the same place. We booked it the very next day. I am a very organized and detail oriented person so I emailed them A LOT! Each time they answered all my questions and concerns and put me at ease. I felt like they truly cared about me and our wedding. They turned my wedding vision into a reality and I got married under a blue lit tented pavilion surrounded by candle light and red roses. The only thing that happened that was mildly disappointing was our dessert which was a pastry buffet was eaten by our guests at cocktail hour before salad was even served...I feel like the desserts should have not been put out that early but our guests are used to buffets so I can't blame them for wanting to eat such beautiful pastries. I just wish I got to sample those desserts too haha. I did replace them from the store down the street but they weren't half as beautiful as the original pastries. They had to have been amazing for them to be eaten all before dinner even started. Overall the experience was amazing. We have guests telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to and I feel the same (even though I am biased since it was mine haha). I wish I could do it all over again because it was truly an amazing day! The best day ever! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Jeannette · Married on 10/15/2015

My husband and I were looking for a unique wedding spot and this is it! I was skeptical at first as the location is at an intersection with a heavily traveled highway but once you go in you will fall in love and feel miles away. We had Elham to help us coordinate, she is amazing and very kind. Our friends and family absolutely loved the location and the food, the value is unbeatable. Everyone we had contact with at the venue was more than willing to be flexible and answered questions throughout the months leading up to the wedding. I go into contracts assuming there will be some hidden charges or other "trickery" but there was none. The final bill I received prior to our wedding day was exactly what I thought it was going to be which is a huge relief. I can honestly say our wedding day was stress-free and perfect :)

Sent on 12/03/2015
  • JanelleNicole

Janelle · Married on 06/20/2015

We had our wedding here this past weekend. Hands down the very best ever! The team here at Green Gables is the absolute best. Our wedding day went off without a hitch! Elham our coordinator was absolutely amazing. I wish I could get married here everyday! Absolutely no regrets. I would choose this venue 100 times over!

The planning:
    GG provides you with a Bridal Binder. You take care of all the planning in three meetings. I am assuming the brides that complain of the coordination were not very organized themselves. With the bridal binder, keeping track of all my correspondence, and creating my own spreadsheets everything was perfect. With the Perfect Wedding package, you are able to utilize more of their stunning furniture without having to pay extra. I would find myself emailing the office staff sometimes more than once a week, they were always helpful and quick to respond.

The day of:
    The entire day was planned perfectly and the timeline was 100 percent adhered to. After the ceremony my husband got make up on his shirt from one of the guests right before pictures. Before I could notice Elham ran and got a rag with warm water and got it out. She is amazing! She made sure everything ran smoothly from the cutting of the cake to making our rounds to our guests. The day literally was perfect.

Sent on 06/22/2015

April · Married on 05/08/2015

The venue is beautiful!!! Work with Elham and Christian they are by far the best of the green gables staff!! Elham has a beautiful eye for style and is so sweet!! I can't get over how awesome Christian has been through this process! He would email me back within 24 hours or less and answered all my questions. He also helped us to get our DJ approved and get our wedding insurance on file. Our wedding went off very smooth and Elham did everything she could to make sure that our ceremony was outside. 30 min before the ceremony it was poring rain and she made sure that the chairs got covered with tarps and the harpist was under an umbrella. The rain stopped and we got to have our ceremony outside!! She also gave me an umbrella when it started to rain again while we were waiting to go inside the tent. I would recommend this venue to other brides because of its beauty and those two staff members! The hard part about this venue is that you never know who you are going to work with. I was lucky enough to have found christian early on for all my questions and I requested to work with Elham on my wedding day.

Sent on 05/12/2015
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 12/12/2014

We just got married at Green Gables Wedding estate, and it was truly everything we dreamed of and beyond! Even though it rained on our wedding day, Elham and all the Green Gables staff were very prepared and everything ran smoothly. The ceremony was set up in the venue instead of outside by the gazebo, but Green Gables made the ceremony look stunning. Candles were lit for the aisle and a gazebo was set up in the front. My favorite part of this venue is the chandeliers and the close proximity of the ceremony site to the reception area.

This venue is very easy to plan with because the food, tables, linens, lighting are all included. You just have to bring in any other vendors: Officiant, florist, DJ, photobooth.

I would highly recommend Green Gables wedding estate to anyone looking for an affordable venue, that has a BEAUTIFUL reception and ceremony area. The style is a classic vintage look and the bridal suite has great vintage furniture that makes for gorgeous photos. All of our guests had a blast and the food was great! I would recommend the meatballs as one of your appetizers, they were a winner.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Brenda · Married on 08/31/2014

Green Gables Wedding Estate was the perfect wedding venue for us. The food and cake are both included (which are delicious) as are linens and some decor items. Everyone who works there is super helpful and responsive making the whole wedding process easier!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Katrina · Married on 08/10/2014

We had our wedding here and it was just gorgeous! The venue is very vintage and rustic.. it's a garden setting so you don't need much to decorate. The team there is AWESOME..they definitely know what they are doing. I had a million questions and everytime they were very patient and accommodating. The day of the wedding ran smoothly. I even had a personal assistant for most of the day! It's the perfect place to have your special day at!

Sent on 09/06/2014
  • Dani

Danielle · Married on 07/26/2014

We looked at several venues online and chose a couple to visit in person. When we visited Green Gables we knew this was where we wanted to get married right away! We wanted an outside wedding and the ceremony and reception at the same location so we wouldn't have to travel in between. We got married under a beautiful gazebo outside and the reception was held under a tented pavilion with hanging chandeliers. The grounds were beautiful during the day and magical at night with twinkling lights.

We chose a package that allowed us to use a lot of the vintage decor available. The bridal suite is fabulous with vintage decor and a fainting couch. The food and cake are included which made planning easier. The food was very good and we received many compliments from guests on it. Shawna was very helpful in designing our cake. We met with Elyse for our "design" meeting to decide on decor and she was great! Very nice, creative, and gave very helpful advice. There really is a lot available for you to use - mismatched china, chalkboards, fainting couches, a variety of centerpieces and more. There is a day-of coordinator provided who helps make sure the day goes smoothly and on time. Phil was excellent! He made sure everything looked the way I wanted and was so helpful the whole day, even cleaned up and packaged the items I brought at the end of the night. When it rained the day before at our rehearsal, Phil assured us they had a back up plan in case it rained on our wedding day. Luckily it cleared up, but I felt confident everything would have been taken care of if it had rained.

Overall, we are very happy that we chose Green Gables for our wedding. We loved how everything turned out the day of and the planning process was made easy. We were given a binder of information and guidelines to stay organized and 3 planning meetings. If you're looking for a beautiful outside wedding with a vintage feel and picturesque photo ops, this is the place for you!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Krysten · Married on 03/09/2014

Green gables and their staff really made our wedding day FLAWLESS. Their on-staff all-included wedding planners made the whole process so easy and so organized. I didn't have to worry about anything , I just had to confirm the details we agreed on. Is it cheap? No, but what you get for your price is really above and beyond! A breathtaking venue - it's so beautiful!!!! Decor options, delicious food and wedding planning and coordination all included! They were able to answer any and all questions I had whenever I needed to call them, kept a thorough list of our vendors and kept us and our wedding party on schedule the day of! The location is impeccable, the staff detailed, professional, and truly great at what they do. Green Gables will definitely set you up for a perfect wedding day.

Sent on 04/20/2014

This venue is amazing. We didn't even hire a florist to do centerpieces or to decorate because the venue is so beautiful that it didn't need anything extra. The food was also delicious!!!! So many of our guests commented on how good the appetizers and entrees were. The staff is so professional and extremely helpful. We had a lot of questions and they were always quick to respond. We especially loved working with Julie. The only not so great experience we had was with the lead coordinator. He gave some inconsistent information in regards to the seating and serving of guests, which in this case was important because we had over 300 guests. We worked hard on the seating arrangements based on the info he gave us, only to have it all change during the reception without us knowing. When we went to make our final payment, he almost overcharged us by $1000. But luckily one of the other staff members was kind enough to make a call to their corporate office and straightened it all out. :) In all fairness, we did have a big event and some changes along the way, so understandably mistakes happen. Regardless of that, I would still HIGHLY recommend this venue because it's really unique and they really worked with us to give us exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/04/2012

When my husband and I were looking for a wedding venue, we looked at a lot of places that were nice, but just didn't feel quite right. And then we stumbled on to Green Gables. We actually went to their sister site (also in San Marcos) called Twin Oaks House & Gardens first, and once we found out they didn't have our date, Sean, the GM referred us to Green Gables.

We weren't sure what to expect because the venue is in somewhat of an unexpected location, but once we made our way up the hill to the venue, it was like we were transported to a different time and place. Green Gables had what all of the other venues we visited were lacking...charm. My husband and I immediately fell in love with the history and beauty of this uniquely beautiful wedding estate.

Green Gables is a historical site that features a schoolhouse that was built there in the 1800's. The schoolhouse has been transformed into a gorgeous victorian-style bridal parlor for getting ready the day-of. This area made for some amazing photos! For the ceremony, my girls and I made our way down the steps of the schoolhouse, down a stone path to the gazebo, where the pastor, my groom, and his groomsmen were waiting.

After the ceremony, we took photos on the wooden schoolhouse swing hanging from a gorgeous, old tree next to the schoolhouse. The pictures turned out fantastic! The outdoor area is so naturally beautiful and lush that we didn't have to bother with decorations hardly at all, which was nice.

And finally our cocktail hour and reception were held in the grand tented pavilion with chiffon fabric ceilings, giant white paper lanterns hanging above the large, wooden dance floor, and LED lights shining in our wedding color on the ceiling fabric. We ended up renting the crystal candle trees from the venue for our centerpieces which saved me a ton of time and money, and they looked fantastic!

Green Gables staff is amazing and guided us every step of the way in choosing all of the details of our big day.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Vanessa · Married on 09/29/2017

My husband and I just recently got married at Green Gables Wedding Estate and it was the day of our dreams.

This venue has it all it's beautiful, charming, rustic, and vintage and it was the perfect backdrop for our special day. It offers everything from the venue, to beautiful rustic furniture and props, to great in house catering. They also let you provide your own booze which saves $$$.

I am from Los Angeles and was certain I would get married there, but as soon as I walked into Green Gables I knew we had to get married their, and it was worth the small drive to San Marcos.

Our planner through it all was the AMAZING Hannah, I knew from the minute we met that we would get along. Hannah is not only organized and an expert of all things Green Gables, but she is also hilarious and fun, and we truly enjoyed spending our time leading up to the wedding and most importantly our wedding day with her. She was there from day one til the actual day making sure that our day went off as planned. I always hear brides say they don't get to eat at their weddings, well after our tasting of the amazing food I told Hannah my main goal was to eat dinner (silly I know, but I love food!); Hannah made sure we ate and always had a drink in hand.

Green Gables is a great place to get married and I would highly recommend it to any new brides & grooms.

Sent on 10/11/2017

The location is fantastic right off the freeway, completely enclosed and they make you feel it is YOUR day, with only 1 wedding per day the whole place is your from when you get there until you leave. The food was amazing and sooo much of it I recommend the sampling menu the cake was to phenomenal. All the coordinating meeting were worth it to have all the little details worked out weeks and weeks before.

The only problem I had was that my DJ was not on their list but they were accommodating to that little problem. I understand they are not used to having Hispanic Style Wedding, so for future reference they should add a Hispanic DJ on their list of vendors.

But the whole day was amazing! I would recommend this place to everyone looks for a more private style wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Dani · Married on 09/14/2018

We live abroad and were planning our wedding from another country. The staff at Green Gables made our wedding planning an absolute breeze. They were professional, had great communication skills and were super knowledgeable and helpful. If you're looking for a "all-in-one" venue, this is definitely the place for you.

I also wanted to give a special shout out to Hannah, our coordinator from Green Gables. She was PHENOMENAL. I felt so at ease with her around. She made sure every little detail was covered before the wedding chaos started and helped throughout the entire event. Thanks for being the best Hannah!

Sent on 09/16/2018