Great River Golf Club Reviews

91 | Milford, CT

91 Reviews for Great River Golf Club

Arlene · Married on 08/16/2014

Our experience, start to finish, at Great River was spectacular. EVERY detail was considered when preparing. The day and night of the wedding was wonderful as well. Any "glitches" (there are always some) were immediately attended to by our Great River consultants which allowed the whole event to proceed seamlessly. We couldn't have been happier. If you are considering this venue and have questions, feel free to ask Lindsay for my contact information.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Marie · Married on 05/24/2014

I could not find one thing wrong with the entire evening.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Art · event on: 10/26/2013

Lindsay was easy to do business with and also very competent.

thanks,

Sent on 10/31/2013

April · Married on 10/19/2013

Lindsay was extremely accommodating and professional throughout the process of planning our wedding. She was very responsive and patient with any and all questions we had. On the day of, she and the rest of the staff were always one step ahead of what we needed. In addition, they were very understanding when we were running late to our first look, not skipping a beat to make sure we got back on track. Everything was setup the way we had hoped and we couldn't have asked for a better group to help us celebrate one of the biggest, most important days of our lives.

Sent on 10/31/2013

I would recommend this venue to any bride looking to book her wedding. The coordinator was extremely helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding. She would respond to emails in a very timely way, was always willing to provide recommendations and willing to work around our schedules for meetings. On the day of, the staff took care of us- they greeted us getting out of the limo, made sure we had everything we needed during photos, and were by our sides the whole night (not in an annoying overbearing way but always made sure our glasses were full and we were where we needed to be.) The venue itself made for a very elegant wedding and my husband and I had the time of our lives! If I had to do it all over again I would most definitely pick GR again!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Rob A. · Married on 10/11/2013

Lindsay provided an absolute wonderful night for everyone, food was great, the staff was very professional and courteous. The elegance of this place was amazing.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ryan J. · Married on 10/11/2013

We had an excellent experience on our wedding day at Great River Golf Club. Lindsay was very helpful leading up to the event and was very easy to work with. Her attention to detail was excellent. She had everything covered on the day which allowed us to really relax and enjoy our time. One of the things that really stood out to us was how expertly she set up our centerpieces. All we had to do was explain a rough idea of what we wanted and she totally ran with it. Needless to say the room looked amazing when we first walked in after the ceremony had concluded. The event staff were excellent on the day as well. Lisanne was basically our personal assistant all day. She took great care of us, making sure we had everything we needed from drinks to help with photos. She was extremely attentive, but never in the way. With all of the thoughtful planning (and sometimes stress) that goes into a wedding, when the day came it was beautiful and all of the planning was carried out with tremendous expertise. Our guests are still calling/emailing us saying how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and most of all what a great time they had! We will definitely recommend Great River Golf Club to others looking for a venue. Thank you again Lindsay (and Great River staff) for making our day such a blast!

Sent on 10/28/2013

AMAZING Facility. Fabulous staff. Everything was gorgeous. The staff especially event planner, wedding / Bridal concierge, restaurant manager..all were courteous, professional and on top of their game!
    Thank You Great River for a memorable evening!

Sent on 08/19/2013

The place is beautiful .. The food is great so many people came up to us and said the food is fantastic ..., Lindsay did a great job . And also Shannon who is no longer there .. Any questions we had they always were willing to help ..

Sent on 08/31/2013

Patty · Married on 08/03/2013

Great River location and staff were amazing!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Our wedding at Great River was one word... AMAZING!!! Everything went smoothly, not one glitch! I would highly recommend Great River to anyone! The Food, Service, and Staff were all phenomenal. A special thank you to Nicole and Lisanne! You made the day even better!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

The attention to detail and the helpfulness of the staff was remarkable. Everyone that I worked with was friendly and very accommodating. My husband and I, as well as our guests thought the golf club was an amazing venue for a wedding. I would highly recommend Great River to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/07/2013

My husband and I are so happy with our choice of the Great River Golf club for our July 2012 wedding. Shannen was so attentive and helpful through the whole process. She was one of the biggest reasons we chose Great River after looking at about a dozen venues. We loved that there is only one event there are a time, we had the whole building just for the wedding. The grounds are beautiful and perfect for pictures. The food is delicious. Many guests said that it is the best wedding food they have ever had. the staff is so kind and flexible. It rained on my wedding day and the ceremony was inside and just as beautiful as it would have been outside. Julianne, the bridal concierge was so attentive to every detail on the wedding day. She made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and happy. She helped to calm my nerves too!

I highly recommend the Great River Golf Club for anyone looking for a venue that only does one wedding at a time. They can really cater to what you want and spend a lot time making sure that you are happy.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Jaime · Married on 06/09/2012

I can't even rate this venue high enough to explain how wonderful they were. Throughout the entire planning process (almost 1 year) they were responsive and we felt like everything we asked for they were able to accommodate. I'm a very organized person and they even impressed me! They thought of literally everything. The food was delicious, the drinks were good, and the service was outstanding. We had our ceremony here as well at their gazebo which was a beautiful location. In addition to Shannen (event coordinator) we also had Julianne (wedding concierge) available to us all night. They made sure we had food and drinks, Julianne made sure husband had his jacket for the cake cutting pictures, they drove us to do pictures on the golf course, and were always checking to see if we needed anything (but not in an annoying way). My mom said she felt like she could just be a guest instead of feeling like a host since everything was so well taken care of. I am so glad I picked this venue. We have had so many compliments on how beautiful everything was!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 05/26/2012

Fantastic experience working with GR!!!! We have received so many rave reviews of our wedding. We highly recommend this venue. The surroundings, food, staff, and overall wedding experience was absolutely wonderful. Shannen was especially great to work with as she handled the wedding planning process in a courteous, helpful, flexible, prompt, and understanding manner. Our wedding at GR was amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Highly recommended! Great River Golf Club absolutely made my wedding day. They were so accommodating every step of the way. I had such an amazing experience thanks to Shannen, Julianne, Lisa, and the entire staff at Great River, my day would no be possible without them. We had our ceremony overlooking the golf course it was absolutely breathtaking and the weather was amazing. The food for cocktail hour and dinner was phenomenal - we received so many compliments from our guests saying it was one of the best weddings's they have been to. This is an amazing place to get married and I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 05/19/2012

Jackie · Married on 07/16/2011

Everything about Great River for my 7/16/11 wedding was perfect!! Shannen and Julianne were so nice to work with! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Leslie · Married on 10/10/2010

Who needs to spend thousands of dollars on decorations when you have an already BEAUTIFUL venue?! The place speaks for itself. Gorgeous backdrop. Beautiful setting. Great food. PERFECT organization! Thank you Sheryl and Julianne for a perfectly perfect day!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Sofia · Married on 05/31/2008

The staff at Great River was exceptional! They provided curteous, attentive, detailed service from the moment I started looking into their facility to the moment thast last guest left at night. They handled all of my questions and problems with ease and professionalism. My husband and wedding party were thrilled with subdued attention they received; their glasses were filled and belongings taken care of. I do not EVER recommend businesses unless I am proud to stand behind them. Great River is one of the Few that deserve accolades.

Sent on 07/14/2008

Angela · Married on 11/17/2007

It doesnt get any better than the Great River Golf Club. Worth every penny for the beautiful room and exceptional service and awesome food. People are still telling me I had a fairytale wedding a year later. We still get compliments on the Great River to this day. The service was really above & beyond, the bride, groom, and anyone for that matter, does not have to worry about a thing at this place!! Jennifer, Karen & Julianne are amazing to work with.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Vic · Married on 08/26/2017

The team at Great River Golf Course was fantastic and our guests raved about the venue. The cocktail hour at Monty's also was unforgettable.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kailee · Married on 05/28/2017

Beautiful venue that doesn't at all feel like a "wedding factory". Food and service were excellent, entire property is stunningly beautiful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Caree · Married on 05/15/2011

I worked with Shannen and Julianne for my 05/15/2011 wedding. Shannen is a very helpful coordinator and kept us on track in terms of vendors and coordinating for our ceremony. She is very responsive and very knowledgeable; she went to great lengths to answer my detailed questions via email - super important since I was planning from NYC and she was based in Milford. I wanted to incorporate a Chinese Tea Ceremony in the reception, which GRGC was happy to accommodate and helped me set up for. They also managed to hide the groom's cake I ordered as a surprise from him (which is no mean feat; my hubby is a very sharp fox :). The staff at GRGC provided top notch service to our guests and did not rush us out at the end of our wedding either. Food is delicious and the space is amazing (fits up to 160 comfortably, 180 if you simply must have everyone there). Their ballroom is a very traditional, warm, & beautiful reception space and Julianne was amazing at keeping time and making sure that my now-husband and I were taken care of also. It was rainy and overcast on our wedding day - we were supposed to be married at the outdoor gazebo area they have onsite, but the ceremony still felt very special inside of the ballroom space. I didn't even miss the gazebo. I highly recommend this place! I'm only giving them a 4.5 for value because they are very pricey in terms of food packages available for the area, but for the service and atmosphere, the place can't be beat. One event only at a time at this property - a must-have if you don't want to deal with someone else's celebration going on at the same time as yours.

Sent on 08/25/2011
  • Samantha · Married on 10/17/2020

Thank you!

Cannot say enough wonderful things about the entire team at Great River. They were there to help us through the uncertainty with the pandemic and made our outside October wedding safe and beautiful for our family and friends!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Great River Golf Club's reply:

Thank you Samantha! We were happy to be able to host a safe & beautiful wedding for all! Congratulations again!
  • Jessica

Jessica M. · Married on 08/14/2020

Booked venue

Not only did Great River offer me a great discount as an alum of the university that owns it, we were given coffee and taken on a detailed tour. We asked for special cultural foods not found in the menu and Gail helped us by asking the chef to find vendors of this particular appetizer. They specialized our drink package, and even gave us champagne before we left!

Sent on 11/07/2019