Great River Golf Club Reviews

Great River Golf Club 4
Great River Golf Club 5
Great River Golf Club 6
Great River Golf Club 7

Our wedding at Great River was wonderful! The staff is very professional and extremely attentive, and Lindsay is so organized and helpful. The grounds are gorgeous and the food is delicious. We would absolutely recommend Great River to any couple looking for a stress-free wedding experience!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/06/2015

We had a wonderful experience planning our daughter's wedding. Lindsay was wonderful, very helpful, very knowledgeable about everything. Everything was perfect, right down to every detail. Lindsay helped us choose the vendors with a preferred list and all the choices were great. The servers were great, very kind, courteous and helpful.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Having our wedding at Great River Golf Club was the smartest decision we made. The event staff is fantastic. They were extremely helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding there were numerous people ready to assist with anything and everything we needed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Great River to anyone.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Our wedding at Great River Golf Club was exceptional! The entire staff was very attendant while simultaneously remaining behind the scenes during our entire day. We could not have wished for a smoother day, which was largely due to all at GR. The event planner is absolutely tremendous! She is extremely organized, offers wonderful suggestions, and is completely accomodating throughout the entire process. She is very responsive to emails and all questions, and might become your best friend during the process! We would absolutely recommend planning an event at GR!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Cristina · Married on 04/25/2015

Great River was the perfect place to have our wedding! The venue is so beautiful, and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I honestly didn't have to worry about a single thing that day, because they took care of every detail. It is now a month after the wedding, and our guests are still telling us about how much fun they had, and how much they loved the venue. I really can't thank Great River enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 05/25/2015

I realized I never wrote a review and it is coming up on our one year anniversary.. and I was thinking about just how amazing our wedding was at Great River! We had a picture perfect sunny ceremony at the gazebo, followed by a cocktail hour overlooking the golf course as the sun set, and our reception in the beautiful ballroom. Lindsay was great and so nice to work with. She was extremely organized and helpful in answering all of my questions the same day. The staff takes care of everything for you, and I was so happy on the day of when I saw that everything was set up exactly how I had envisioned it! Julianne, the concierge, was so wonderful and helpful on the day of, making sure everything went smoothly, telling us what was next, & getting us whatever we needed! We didn’t have to worry about one thing on the day of, it was all taken care of and everything flowed perfectly. We were really able to just relax and enjoy our big day! We got so many compliments on the delicious food and how absolutely beautiful the venue was. The only downside was that GR was a little pricey, and there seemed to be a cost for literally every little thing you wanted to add on. But it is worth it in the end! Thank you Great River staff for making our night so unforgettable - I wish I could do it all over again! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/02/2015

We had a fantastic wedding at Great River last month, and such wonderful comments from our guests about the food (one of the most important things to us!), venue, and staff! Our wedding day was so smooth and well organized the only thing we had to worry about was if we had gotten to spend enough time with each of our guests, many who said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. I would definitely recommend Great River for a venue to host your rehearsal dinner and wedding. From planning up through the big day they were wonderful to work with!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Lindsay, Julianne and the staff did a phenomenal job. The food was excellent, the staff was attentive, and the day was perfect. We truly didn't have to worry about a thing the entire evening. They even took care of a few small mistakes my wife and I made (we forgot some place cards) I honestly couldn't recommend them any more, we do not have a single regret with having them host our wedding. We also had our rehearsal dinner at Monty's which was phenomenal. Throughout the planning process, Lindsay was responsive and helpful.

If you plan a wedding here, here are a couple of recommendations:

1. Rent out Monty's! It's expensive, but worth it. The extra space and atmosphere for the cocktail hour can't be beat. It also allows for the best rain back-up plan on site if you are planning your ceremony there. Not having to worry about the weather in the days leading up to the wedding was a big relief.

2. Julia's is one of their cake vendors, and they were awesome! We received a lot of compliments on how good take cake was, something that doesn't usually happen at most weddings.

3. We used Local Motion Ent. as the DJ, one of Great Rivers preferred vendors. Bill was fantastic and kept the dance floor going all night. He's a true professional and I couldn't recommend him enough. Also, go for the up-lighting as it really brought the room to life.

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • I

Iryna · Married on 08/31/2014

Lindsay and Julianne were very helpful on the day of our wedding and made sure that everything went smooth even with the last minute changes due to rain! Thank you both!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Joshua · Married on 08/31/2014

Overall we were very pleased with the wedding and the service that was provided. We received lots of positive feedback from our guests regarding the food, service and atmosphere of the event and staff. The one complaint I had was that the wrong seating information was used to set-up the tables and instead of working it out independently we were asked to figure out what went wrong in the middle of pictures during cocktail hour as people began to go to their seats and there weren't enough chairs.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Arlene · Married on 08/16/2014

Our experience, start to finish, at Great River was spectacular. EVERY detail was considered when preparing. The day and night of the wedding was wonderful as well. Any "glitches" (there are always some) were immediately attended to by our Great River consultants which allowed the whole event to proceed seamlessly. We couldn't have been happier. If you are considering this venue and have questions, feel free to ask Lindsay for my contact information.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Marie · Married on 05/24/2014

I could not find one thing wrong with the entire evening.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Art · event on 10/26/2013

Lindsay was easy to do business with and also very competent.

thanks,

Sent on 10/31/2013

April · Married on 10/19/2013

Lindsay was extremely accommodating and professional throughout the process of planning our wedding. She was very responsive and patient with any and all questions we had. On the day of, she and the rest of the staff were always one step ahead of what we needed. In addition, they were very understanding when we were running late to our first look, not skipping a beat to make sure we got back on track. Everything was setup the way we had hoped and we couldn't have asked for a better group to help us celebrate one of the biggest, most important days of our lives.

Sent on 10/31/2013

I would recommend this venue to any bride looking to book her wedding. The coordinator was extremely helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding. She would respond to emails in a very timely way, was always willing to provide recommendations and willing to work around our schedules for meetings. On the day of, the staff took care of us- they greeted us getting out of the limo, made sure we had everything we needed during photos, and were by our sides the whole night (not in an annoying overbearing way but always made sure our glasses were full and we were where we needed to be.) The venue itself made for a very elegant wedding and my husband and I had the time of our lives! If I had to do it all over again I would most definitely pick GR again!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Rob and Kathy · Married on 10/11/2013

Lindsay provided an absolute wonderful night for everyone, food was great, the staff was very professional and courteous. The elegance of this place was amazing.

Sent on 10/15/2013

Ryan & Jenna · Married on 10/11/2013

We had an excellent experience on our wedding day at Great River Golf Club. Lindsay was very helpful leading up to the event and was very easy to work with. Her attention to detail was excellent. She had everything covered on the day which allowed us to really relax and enjoy our time. One of the things that really stood out to us was how expertly she set up our centerpieces. All we had to do was explain a rough idea of what we wanted and she totally ran with it. Needless to say the room looked amazing when we first walked in after the ceremony had concluded. The event staff were excellent on the day as well. Lisanne was basically our personal assistant all day. She took great care of us, making sure we had everything we needed from drinks to help with photos. She was extremely attentive, but never in the way. With all of the thoughtful planning (and sometimes stress) that goes into a wedding, when the day came it was beautiful and all of the planning was carried out with tremendous expertise. Our guests are still calling/emailing us saying how great the food was, how beautiful the venue was, and most of all what a great time they had! We will definitely recommend Great River Golf Club to others looking for a venue. Thank you again Lindsay (and Great River staff) for making our day such a blast!

Sent on 10/28/2013

AMAZING Facility. Fabulous staff. Everything was gorgeous. The staff especially event planner, wedding / Bridal concierge, restaurant manager..all were courteous, professional and on top of their game!
    Thank You Great River for a memorable evening!

Sent on 08/19/2013

The place is beautiful .. The food is great so many people came up to us and said the food is fantastic ..., Lindsay did a great job . And also Shannon who is no longer there .. Any questions we had they always were willing to help ..

Sent on 08/31/2013

Patty · Married on 08/03/2013

Great River location and staff were amazing!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Our wedding at Great River was one word... AMAZING!!! Everything went smoothly, not one glitch! I would highly recommend Great River to anyone! The Food, Service, and Staff were all phenomenal. A special thank you to Nicole and Lisanne! You made the day even better!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

The attention to detail and the helpfulness of the staff was remarkable. Everyone that I worked with was friendly and very accommodating. My husband and I, as well as our guests thought the golf club was an amazing venue for a wedding. I would highly recommend Great River to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Sent on 08/07/2013

My husband and I are so happy with our choice of the Great River Golf club for our July 2012 wedding. Shannen was so attentive and helpful through the whole process. She was one of the biggest reasons we chose Great River after looking at about a dozen venues. We loved that there is only one event there are a time, we had the whole building just for the wedding. The grounds are beautiful and perfect for pictures. The food is delicious. Many guests said that it is the best wedding food they have ever had. the staff is so kind and flexible. It rained on my wedding day and the ceremony was inside and just as beautiful as it would have been outside. Julianne, the bridal concierge was so attentive to every detail on the wedding day. She made sure that my husband and I were taken care of and happy. She helped to calm my nerves too!

I highly recommend the Great River Golf Club for anyone looking for a venue that only does one wedding at a time. They can really cater to what you want and spend a lot time making sure that you are happy.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Jaime · Married on 06/09/2012

I can't even rate this venue high enough to explain how wonderful they were. Throughout the entire planning process (almost 1 year) they were responsive and we felt like everything we asked for they were able to accommodate. I'm a very organized person and they even impressed me! They thought of literally everything. The food was delicious, the drinks were good, and the service was outstanding. We had our ceremony here as well at their gazebo which was a beautiful location. In addition to Shannen (event coordinator) we also had Julianne (wedding concierge) available to us all night. They made sure we had food and drinks, Julianne made sure husband had his jacket for the cake cutting pictures, they drove us to do pictures on the golf course, and were always checking to see if we needed anything (but not in an annoying way). My mom said she felt like she could just be a guest instead of feeling like a host since everything was so well taken care of. I am so glad I picked this venue. We have had so many compliments on how beautiful everything was!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 05/26/2012

Fantastic experience working with GR!!!! We have received so many rave reviews of our wedding. We highly recommend this venue. The surroundings, food, staff, and overall wedding experience was absolutely wonderful. Shannen was especially great to work with as she handled the wedding planning process in a courteous, helpful, flexible, prompt, and understanding manner. Our wedding at GR was amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/06/2012