Great Events Catering Reviews

Great Events Catering 5
Great Events Catering 6
Great Events Catering 7

Mayra · Married on 12/08/2012

I absolutely love these people! Julie the owner is fantastic her husband is a great chef (food is to die for!!) Alexsandra which is theee!!! most fantastic person ever!. She helped me so much in getting everything organized. You can e-mail her and she will respond to you immediately my husband and i were in a very tight! TIGHT! budget and they helped us so much to keep us in our budget. Our reception was absolutely beautifull more then i even imagined. They staff was so great and kind really made me and my husband! vision come true. I HIGHLY RECOMMED THEM!!! . There is no one better.

Sent on 12/19/2012
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 12/01/2012

Great Events is not your typical event catering company, they are purveyors of elegant occasions and fine dining experiences. Their inventive menu selection, food quality, service, attention to detail, etc. rivals that of any Michelin starred restaurant! The new owners are a husband (a chef) and wife (a wedding coordinator) team with decades of restaurant, catering and wedding planning experience that they put to great use to make our wedding absolutely wonderful. All of our guests raved about how delicious the food was and we're still craving the grilled corn arepa with short rib ropa vieja appetizer...it was incredible! We were lucky to have Great Events cater our wedding and anyone who hires them will be over the moon with the product and service they deliver!

Sent on 12/18/2012
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 06/10/2012

We used Great Events for our Welcome Event crusie. The food was out of this world good. The pulled pork was so tender and had a great bbq sauce. We later found out they smoke the meat for about 20 hours no wonder it's so tender. The mac & cheese and potato salad weren't your run of the mill side dishes, they had a great flavor. Everyone couldn't stop talking about the honey butter for the rolls. The staff was so professional and polite, talking to the guests. We still talk about the food almost a month later.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Lisa · Married on 05/18/2012

Cindy and Great Events Catering were amazing!! There are not enough good things to say about Cindy and Great Events Catering. They went above and beyond for us and helped to make our wedding the great success that it was. Cindy was there throughout the planning process to answer any questions I might have and she thought of ideas and set up that I would have overlooked. They saved a plate of hor dourves for Keith and I to eat after pictures, and all of the food was just excellent. Weeks later all of our guests are still talking about Cindy and the Great Events staff...and the delicious food. I would recommend Cindy and Great Events to anyone planning on having a wedding in Key West. Thank you for all of your hard work to make our day perfect!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Angela · Married on 03/10/2012

Absolutely delicious food, had such an amazing cocktail hour and reception. Only bummer was I only had two of my appetizers. There was supposed to be a plate set aside for bride and groom, but we did not get it. Conch fritters were to die for.

Sent on 03/25/2012

Monica · Married on 01/14/2012

Great Events did a wonderful job in catering our reception. Great service and presentation.

Sent on 02/02/2012

Michelle · Married on 11/19/2011

WOW! If you are looking for simplicity, organization, and ease, these are the people to go with. Everything from the set up, to the food, to the organization, it was perfect. The food was excellent, you know it's good when people go up for 4 servings :). Super kid friendly (we had about 10 kids at the wedding and they provided chicken fingers for them). We had a wedding planner as a guest at the reception and she said everything was perfect. Cindy, I can't thank you enough for everything that you did to make it a very very special day. If you want personal individual attention, she'll provide that for you. Thank you!!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Erica · Married on 09/10/2011

I cannot speak highly enough about Andrew and the Great Events team! From beginning to end they listened to our needs and didn't pressure us into spending more than we wanted (which I experienced while shopping around with other caterers). The food was delicious and presentation enhanced the reception decor. They also came to the rescue when a little rain threatened our outdoor ceremony and reception. They replaced the table linens with fresh dry linens (at no charge of course) and covered the chairs with plastic until the rain stopped. Also, my father requested something for the altar so my dress wouldn't soak up the puddles during the ceremony and they did not only that, but also lined the entire isle with a white runner and elegant seashells that seriously took my breath away! Above and beyond!

Sent on 11/30/2011
  • Sally

Sally · Married on 04/09/2011

What a great Event!!!! Everything was so PERFECT! Amazing food, a very pleasant and top notch team of servers. Nick and I would like to thank Cindy and her staff for an excellent job. The food was delicious, and Cindy was a delight, she thought of every detail that we would have otherwise forgot. Planning a destination wedding is not one of the easiest thing to do and Great events catering was very prompt with their phone calls and emails that we had no worries. If you have ANY event to plan and need a caterer honestly the way to go is GREAT EVENTS CATERING we can not thank them enough, and our guest were throughly impressed!!!

Sent on 04/14/2011

Chris · Married on 07/03/2009

The entire staff at Great Events catering is amazing. The food was delicious, the bar was perfect, and the set-up was beautiful. The wedding reception went on without a single problem.

Sent on 07/25/2009

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2016

We just had our wedding at Truman White House. Great Events were able to serve 110 people some fabulous fresh food and make it look effortless working out of a remote kitchen. They covered all details and couldn't have been more professional and easy going at the same time. Their experience helped with providing opinions on what would work without being pushy. We also had them cater a day after brunch which was spectacular too!! Special thanks to Jackie Herndon- you rock!!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Dave · Married on 05/16/2015

Great Events did a fantastic job catering our wedding and providing bar service. The staff they hired were professional, polite and well-trained, and they were very easy to work with. But enough about all that. Let's talk about where they really shine -- THE FOOD! The food prepared for our reception was beyond what I expected, and well-beyond anything I've ever had at a wedding. That's coming from the groom, too -- someone who barely gets to eat at these things. I considered not greeting my guests so I could go back for seconds. Seriously, they know how to put it all together for you. Working with Alecksandra was very easy and she had some great recommendations for us.

They were also very helpful with providing the right kind of liquor we wanted for our guests, which we felt was very important and they complied and understood. It was a true pleasure to work with them, and an even bigger pleasure to get to eat and drink with them. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2010

Great events did an AMAZING job with our wedding. The food is fantastic, the people are really professional, and everything was presented beautifully. Their wedding package is very affordable when compared to other catering companies in Key West and includes white linens, chairs, etc. Overall, I highly recommend them for anyone doing a Key West wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Becki · Married on 12/13/2014

We used Great Events to cater our simple, personal wedding reception. I didn't want to have a plated dinner or overly-fancy buffet; my family was traveling from a small town in the midwest and aren't accustomed to foods like arugula or mahi-mahi. We ordered a simple backyard BBQ menu to keep costs down and show our simple, fun style. I requested corn dog nuggets for hors d'oeuvres as we ate corn dogs on our first date; it took some persuading for them to understand why we wanted something as simple as corn dogs, but if we were willing to pay them, they were willing to serve them. And they were good!!! I reiterated many times that we were on a tight budget and appreciated any cost-saving measures; they constantly insisted on "butler-passed hors d'oeuvres", which I stopped fighting. I think my guests would have rather served themselves instead of having staff come by with a single nugget each time.

In the end, the food was delicious and there was a lot of variety for being a simple backyard BBQ. We had a slider station and a hot dog station with lots of topping options. They also provided additional tables and linens, which our venue didn't have so that helped a lot. It seems they specialize in high-end, gourmet catering. So if you're tight on budget and want something simple, consider a drop-off service. Otherwise, I would highly recommend Great Events for delicious food and friendly service.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Great Events Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a review of our services and most importantly congrats on your wedding. We strive for perfection with each of our clients and value your opinions and feedback. It is our policy to serve the highest quality of food and always feel it is best to butler pass our hors d'oeuvres so that they remain fresh throughout your cocktail time. We also feel that it's important to get around to all guests to ensure each person gets a sampling of what you planned. When our clients order hors d'oeuvres in a limited quantity, we also use the butler passing method to ensure you have food throughout your entire cocktail time.

Our chef strives to create a unique and different experience for each client, even with the simplest of foods. We are so happy you enjoyed your event and that you were happy with our services. We wish you the best of luck in your future!

Danielle · Married on 01/24/2009

Fantastic catering company. Planning from afar, I was really nervous about working with vendors over phone and email only, but Rachel at Great Events made it SO easy. She conference called with us, worked on menus that we changed probably 10 times, took care of ordering our cake, gave us suggestions along the way, and let us ship our reception decor to her in advance and stored it until we got there.
    They had worked at the Audubon House numerous times, so they already had a routine with setting up chairs for the ceremony, and moving them over to the tables for dinner, as well as other little details...it was a smooth operation!
    The food was amazing, especially the appetizers. The bartender was great, the staff was great, everyone was helpful. The catering manager/captain checked in with me multiple times during the reception to see if everything was ok and if I needed anything.
    We used their package deal, which included apps, an open bar and buffet...lots of selections available for the food.
    Just a very well run organization. I have no complaints!

Sent on 02/11/2009

Kelly · Married on 02/26/2015

Our wedding all took place at the classic key west estate. A large home we rented for the week. Great events were awesome about figuring out how to set up the food stations and still keep the small back deck accessible and flowing for the guest and tables. The food was amazing and there was way more food than I had originally thought. Everyone said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding

Sent on 03/22/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2013

3.5

We had Great Events cater our wedding reception at Old Town Manor.

Amazing food was a number one priority to Alfie and I and Great Events was suggested to us by our wedding planner.

While majority of the food was absolutely delicious we did have many complaints about the crab cakes being too salty that they were inedible. That was upsetting.

We also asked Chef David at our tasting if he would be at our event or if he sent staff in his place (just as one of those goofy questions bridal magazines suggest you ask)--he assured us that he would be at our reception and he was no where to be found during the event. I didn't particularly need/want him there but I wish he had been honest.

However, Alexsandra and the rest of the Great Events staff was amazing.
    I'd still recommend Great Events to anyone having a Key West wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Great Events Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Great Events Catering. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to be the very best for each client. We apologize we fell short of your expectations with the crab cakes, but happy you were satisfied with your event overall and the rest of the food & service provided by our company. In addition, we are sorry you didn't have the opportunity to see Chef David at your event. As the executive chef/owner of the company he was present at your event for setup, during food execution and at breakdown. He didn't feel it appropriate to interrupt you on your wedding day as our staff had reported only excellent feedback. The nature of our business is very small and he takes pride in every event we execute. Again, we apologize you didn't have the opportunity to speak with him on your wedding day, but he was absolutely present at the Old Town Manor for your event.

Again, many thanks for the review and further recommendation. We felt it was necessary to correct the statement about our Chef's presence at your event, so that other potential Great Event's clients have an accurate account of the evening.

Best of luck to you both and many congratulations.