Great Events Catering Reviews

Great Events Catering 7
  • Maureen

Maureen Haley · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing Food & Helpful Planning

Great Events catered my wedding at Truman Little White House in Key West and I cannot recommend them enough - both the quality of food and the friendly and helpful team! From the beginning Aleks was absolutely fantastic to work with - she was incredibly patient with me through many changes and ideas about what I wanted, and she never made me feel it was inconvenient for her to revise a proposal while also providing really useful insight based on lots of experience. I ended up doing a station based meal with unassigned seating and I had rave reviews from friends and family on how good the food was - there was even a small competition on which app was better - the tacos or the arepas! The paella and the grill station were huge hits. I got to eat some of the steak myself and it was so tender and delicious - very fresh, especially compared to some other large catered events I have been to!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Fischer · Married on 05/06/2019

They made my day flawless!

From the first conversation I had with this company I knew they were going to be a great choice. I wanted a full taco bar for my wedding and they gave me so much more than I thought would even be possible. The food was completely outstanding. Every single guest told me it was the greatest food they've ever had at a wedding and some said it was some of the greatest food ever and asked if the caterer had a restaurant they could go to! I have sime dietary restrictions which they were sure to include in their planning process. They kept in touch with me over the entire year of planning, to ensure everything would be perfect. I gave them my budget and they worked with me completely, never trying to pressure me into additions that I couldn't afford. The tables were beautiful, the servers were on top of things, the bartender was extremely sincere....I don't jave a single complaint. Hands down, recommend these guys to anyone looking. I also went with their desserts instead of getting a wedding cake and everyone raved about how delicious and perfect these little treats were. Thank you Great Events for making my day memorable for many!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Alex · Married on 05/04/2019

Had so many compliments!

Great events catering was amazing! I asked for a taco bar and they pretty much came up for the menu for the rest. Everything was delicious and was presented in a very pretty way. I can’t tell you how many compliments I received. They also walked my husband and I through the line first and put together a plate for us and had a glass of wine waiting for us at our table which was super helpful because we were busy walking around talking to people. We had welcome margaritas that were amazing and their drink pours were substantial. The servers were great and never forgot to come back to us to ask if we wanted anymore of the welcome drink or hors d’oeuvres while we were busy taking pictures during cocktail hour. I couldn’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Lindsey · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing food and service!!

Great Events is amazing! My husband and I are big foodies so selecting our wedding caterer was a pretty big decision for us. We are so happy we found Great Events. Our guests are still raving about the the food at our wedding. Aleksandra was also really easy to work with. She quickly responded to every email and kept everything extremely organized. I had some pretty crazy requests for her and she was so accommodating. The service on our wedding day was also perfect. We cant recommend them enough! (photos by Care Studios)

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Great Events Catering 12
    Great Events Catering 13
    Great Events Catering 14
  • Y

Yenara Martinez · Married on 03/03/2019

AMAZING catering company.

My husband and I were never really too excited about the food for the wedding seeing how all the food we've ever had at a wedding has never been anything out of this world, just plain, bland food.

BUT THEN, we had our tasting with great events and we were BLOWN AWAY!
    Fast forward to the wedding day: EVERYONE ate and most even served themselves to seconds. for the weeks that followed after the wedding most of our guests kept telling us how amazing the food at our wedding was. (That orzo mac and cheese is to die for! and don't even get me started on their open face quesadilla appetizers

Sent on 04/30/2019

Tierra · Married on 02/10/2019

Best caterer in Key West for a reason

Great Events was on a list of recommended caterers for our venue. We were initially worried about their prices, but after interacting with the other caterers, we knew that Great Events was the best option. Aleksandra was highly responsive and worked within our budget to come up with the best package for us. She was very detail oriented, which I liked as it meant she cared about the little things so that we wouldn't have to. The food at our wedding was spectacular. We had passed appetizers, an open bar and a buffet. The staff were extremely professional, and even though it wasn't a plated dinner, they went around to each table filling water glasses and checking in on the bride and groom to see if they needed anything. At one point one of our guests broke a glass and the staff cleaned it up promptly and made sure no one got hurt. Overall the service was beyond amazing. They are more expensive than other Key West caterers, but with Great Events you definitely get what you pay for.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Emilee · Married on 01/05/2019

Exceptional food, service, and presentation

I cannot gloat enough on the amazing food Great Events provided. Aleksandra and her staff are top notch. It seemed every guest commended the hors d'oeuvres and entrees from our reception....even the days following the wedding. Most of our guests are newly married and/or have attended countless weddings. Even still, the common compliment was that this was "the best wedding food they have ever had!" Aleksandra is so easy to work with and there are so many menu options and variations to choose from. She also accommodated one guest for us that has several food allergies. We could not have been more pleased. Thank you Great Events! 10/10 recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Taryn Gassert · Married on 12/09/2018

Spectacular

The food and service far exceeded our expectations. I was not stressed at all on the wedding day in part to our great vendors. And we heard many compliments from our guests about how great the food and service was at the wedding. The staff were very attentive to both our guests and the bridal party, we felt like royalty. We can’t thank you enough!

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • April

April Morris · Married on 11/24/2018

Fantastic food

We ordered several trays of finger food/ appetizers for our wedding reception on 11/24/18 at Amsterdam’s Curry Mansion. The food was perfect , delicious, and delivered promptly on time. Everyone loved the food. The company was very easy to deal with and had great customer service .

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 11/11/2018

Delicious food. Super responsive. Great service!

Great Events played a huge role in making our day so beautiful and so memorable. Everyone raved about the food (and the beautiful presentation of it), and I especially appreciated how kind and attentive the servers/bartenders were. We couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out. A special thanks to Aleksandra for making planning from afar so easy and stress-free! Her responsiveness and willingness to answer any and all questions was very much appreciated. We highly recommend, especially for out-of-town couples!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Wedding Caterer!

The entire experience working with Great Events was positive from the start. Aleksandra, the Event Sales Manager, is extremely professional, on top of things and helpful. She always answered my questions in a timely manner and worked with me to make sure our catering package was exactly what we wanted, giving us the most bang for our buck. We were blown away with her customer service. Fast forward to our wedding day, the food was perfection and the staff was extremely friendly. We received many compliments that our buffet was the best wedding food ever, especially the braised short ribs and guacamole station. I wish I could have went down to Key West for a tasting beforehand, not because I would have changed anything, but because I would have liked to savor the food before the craziness of our wedding day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Events Catering exceeded all expectations. Aleksandra is so easy to work with and the food is amazing. So many of our wedding guests raved that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The service was also impeccable and we had a wonderful and friendly bartender at our reception as well. Overall, lovely experience with Great Events!! I would highly recommend them for weddings or any event in the keys.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Lara Wilkinson · Married on 09/29/2018

Easy, intimate, destination wedding reception

Working with Aleksandra at Great Events Catering for our wedding reception was a breeze. We hosted a reception at our rental house and without laying eyes on the location or trying the food, Aleksandra was able to help us create a reception with beautiful tables, delicious good and professional, efficient service. They were able to provide us with a delicious vegan and gluten free menu. The staff at Great Events met with us the day before for final approval and planning and had everything ready for us when we returned from the wedding ceremony. Everyone at the reception commented on the quality and great taste of all the food. Thank you for taking the stress out of planning this destination wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/22/2018

Great events catering exceeding all expectations!!! We had several guests say it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Others, including myself, said it was the best mahi we’ve ever had! I can’t say enough good things about them! Truly amazing!!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 06/03/2018

I Did It My Way -- And They Made It Happen!

My vision for my wedding included a small, intimate dinner party where no one had to cook and didn't involve renting a traditional wedding hall (we rented a big house, and had a family-style plate passing dinner instead). They were so helpful in planning and balancing what I wanted to eat, with what most very picky eaters would also enjoy. I had a lot of dietary restrictions (no cow dairy, no seafood, no nuts, a vegetarian, and no spiciness) and everyone was full and happy. I know people say that no one remembers the food at your wedding, but all my guests were raving about it months later. No joke!
    I'm also really thankful that Aleksandra, the coordinator, worked with me to sort out tables and chairs. I was caught inbetween using the dining tables that the house had, but not having enough chairs and she helped figure everything out and was incredibly patient with me. It really was a custom event.
    I also have to praise the staff for the actual event. They were fancy restaurant level professional, very attentive to all the little details (setting the table with my decorations, filling glasses, taking plates), and practically invisible letting me enjoy dinner with friends and family. It was just the right blend of being taken care of and being low-key. Honestly, it was more perfect than I could have imagined.
    PS The Cuban inspired rice is divine!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Ted · Married on 03/31/2018

Great events catering did an awesome job with our wedding. They came very highly recommended (our wedding coordinator was very excited to hear we were working with them), and for good reason. The food was all fantastic, especially the braised short rib. The conch fritters were also out of this world. The staff was very responsive and even accommodated a few custom requests. We had key lime pies instead of a wedding cake, they were able to plate and serve the pies for us and it turned out great. They even let me keep a special bottle of whiskey behind the bar until it was served at the end of the night. All and all you couldn't ask for a better catering experience!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Sara · Married on 01/13/2018

We could not be more pleased with Aleks and the team at Great Events. From our first consultation with Aleks a year before our wedding to our wedding day itself, she was helpful, patient, and professional. Our guests were raving about the food at the wedding. Everything was perfect. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Lanie · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely exceptional service and food. From start to finish, Dave, Julie, Aleks and team were the best. They helped make our night perfect and I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Anne · Married on 11/28/2017

Aleks was easy to work with from the first contact. On the night of the party, Flick and her crew went above and beyond in making sure every little thing was handled perfectly. The food was fabulous, the drink choices included some rare finds, and our party guests raved on and on and on. Will hire this team again for future special occasions. Anne

Sent on 12/03/2017

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

My daughter and her husband were married last month in Key West. We used Great Events for our caterer and they did a fabulous job. First, Aleksandra was amazing – she was such a pleasure to work with and accommodated our every wish. And the food was out of this world. Everything from the passed appetizers to the seated meal to the late-night snacks was absolutely delicious. The servers were courteous and personable and the food was plentiful. I can’t thank Aleks and the staff enough for making our family’s event so very memorable. I highly recommend Great Events to anyone – you won’t be sorry.

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

My guests could not stop raving about the food. They said it was the best wedding food they have ever had and I couldn't agree more. The staff were professional and always smiling, the food was hot, and the set up was exactly as I had requested. We had mojitos and apps passed around to guests and stations. Thank you Great Events!

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • User6654361 · 1+ year ago

Alex and Great Events Catering were incredible to work with!!! We had Great Events cater our welcome dinner Friday night in addition to our wedding night. The good was absolutely DELICIOUS! Every email was responded to promptly. When Hurricane Irma hit the Keys, they were in touch to put my mind at ease and assure my family and I that everything would still runs smoothly. The waitstaff who helped out at our wedding were so kind and fun. Every single guest from our wedding came up to us and told us how amazing the food at our wedding was. I would hire them over and over and over again!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Kailey · Married on 07/07/2017

Great events provided great catering! They were accommodating to our guests with special food needs. The food was excellent with great presentation. One of our vegan friends said it was the best vegan meal she had ever had at a wedding. They also provided our bar service and we added a mojito as a specialty drink. It was fabulous and everyone raved about it and the presentation of the drink.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Maryam · Married on 05/20/2017

I absolutely loved the food and service. From the first time we spoke to the very last minute at the event, Aleksandra and the staff were helpful, eager to accommodate to our requests, and covered all details. And the food was SPECTACULAR!!! I will definitely recommend and use Great Events in the future.

Sent on 06/09/2017