Great Events Catering Reviews

86 | Key West, FL

86 Reviews for Great Events Catering

Tierra · Married on 02/10/2019

Best caterer in Key West for a reason

Great Events was on a list of recommended caterers for our venue. We were initially worried about their prices, but after interacting with the other caterers, we knew that Great Events was the best option. Aleksandra was highly responsive and worked within our budget to come up with the best package for us. She was very detail oriented, which I liked as it meant she cared about the little things so that we wouldn't have to. The food at our wedding was spectacular. We had passed appetizers, an open bar and a buffet. The staff were extremely professional, and even though it wasn't a plated dinner, they went around to each table filling water glasses and checking in on the bride and groom to see if they needed anything. At one point one of our guests broke a glass and the staff cleaned it up promptly and made sure no one got hurt. Overall the service was beyond amazing. They are more expensive than other Key West caterers, but with Great Events you definitely get what you pay for.

Emilee · Married on 01/05/2019

Exceptional food, service, and presentation

I cannot gloat enough on the amazing food Great Events provided. Aleksandra and her staff are top notch. It seemed every guest commended the hors d'oeuvres and entrees from our reception....even the days following the wedding. Most of our guests are newly married and/or have attended countless weddings. Even still, the common compliment was that this was "the best wedding food they have ever had!" Aleksandra is so easy to work with and there are so many menu options and variations to choose from. She also accommodated one guest for us that has several food allergies. We could not have been more pleased. Thank you Great Events! 10/10 recommend!

Taryn Gassert · Married on 12/09/2018

Spectacular

The food and service far exceeded our expectations. I was not stressed at all on the wedding day in part to our great vendors. And we heard many compliments from our guests about how great the food and service was at the wedding. The staff were very attentive to both our guests and the bridal party, we felt like royalty. We can’t thank you enough!

• April

April Morris · Married on 11/24/2018

Fantastic food

We ordered several trays of finger food/ appetizers for our wedding reception on 11/24/18 at Amsterdam’s Curry Mansion. The food was perfect , delicious, and delivered promptly on time. Everyone loved the food. The company was very easy to deal with and had great customer service .

• Tracy

Tracy · Married on 11/11/2018

Delicious food. Super responsive. Great service!

Great Events played a huge role in making our day so beautiful and so memorable. Everyone raved about the food (and the beautiful presentation of it), and I especially appreciated how kind and attentive the servers/bartenders were. We couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out. A special thanks to Aleksandra for making planning from afar so easy and stress-free! Her responsiveness and willingness to answer any and all questions was very much appreciated. We highly recommend, especially for out-of-town couples!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Wedding Caterer!

The entire experience working with Great Events was positive from the start. Aleksandra, the Event Sales Manager, is extremely professional, on top of things and helpful. She always answered my questions in a timely manner and worked with me to make sure our catering package was exactly what we wanted, giving us the most bang for our buck. We were blown away with her customer service. Fast forward to our wedding day, the food was perfection and the staff was extremely friendly. We received many compliments that our buffet was the best wedding food ever, especially the braised short ribs and guacamole station. I wish I could have went down to Key West for a tasting beforehand, not because I would have changed anything, but because I would have liked to savor the food before the craziness of our wedding day. Highly recommended!

Lara Wilkinson · Married on 09/29/2018

Easy, intimate, destination wedding reception

Working with Aleksandra at Great Events Catering for our wedding reception was a breeze. We hosted a reception at our rental house and without laying eyes on the location or trying the food, Aleksandra was able to help us create a reception with beautiful tables, delicious good and professional, efficient service. They were able to provide us with a delicious vegan and gluten free menu. The staff at Great Events met with us the day before for final approval and planning and had everything ready for us when we returned from the wedding ceremony. Everyone at the reception commented on the quality and great taste of all the food. Thank you for taking the stress out of planning this destination wedding.

Kelly · Married on 06/22/2018

Great events catering exceeding all expectations!!! We had several guests say it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. Others, including myself, said it was the best mahi we’ve ever had! I can’t say enough good things about them! Truly amazing!!!!

• Grace

Grace · Married on 06/03/2018

I Did It My Way -- And They Made It Happen!

My vision for my wedding included a small, intimate dinner party where no one had to cook and didn't involve renting a traditional wedding hall (we rented a big house, and had a family-style plate passing dinner instead). They were so helpful in planning and balancing what I wanted to eat, with what most very picky eaters would also enjoy. I had a lot of dietary restrictions (no cow dairy, no seafood, no nuts, a vegetarian, and no spiciness) and everyone was full and happy. I know people say that no one remembers the food at your wedding, but all my guests were raving about it months later. No joke!
    I'm also really thankful that Aleksandra, the coordinator, worked with me to sort out tables and chairs. I was caught inbetween using the dining tables that the house had, but not having enough chairs and she helped figure everything out and was incredibly patient with me. It really was a custom event.
    I also have to praise the staff for the actual event. They were fancy restaurant level professional, very attentive to all the little details (setting the table with my decorations, filling glasses, taking plates), and practically invisible letting me enjoy dinner with friends and family. It was just the right blend of being taken care of and being low-key. Honestly, it was more perfect than I could have imagined.
    PS The Cuban inspired rice is divine!

Ted · Married on 03/31/2018

Great events catering did an awesome job with our wedding. They came very highly recommended (our wedding coordinator was very excited to hear we were working with them), and for good reason. The food was all fantastic, especially the braised short rib. The conch fritters were also out of this world. The staff was very responsive and even accommodated a few custom requests. We had key lime pies instead of a wedding cake, they were able to plate and serve the pies for us and it turned out great. They even let me keep a special bottle of whiskey behind the bar until it was served at the end of the night. All and all you couldn't ask for a better catering experience!

Sara · Married on 01/13/2018

We could not be more pleased with Aleks and the team at Great Events. From our first consultation with Aleks a year before our wedding to our wedding day itself, she was helpful, patient, and professional. Our guests were raving about the food at the wedding. Everything was perfect. We highly recommend them!

Lanie · Married on 01/06/2018

Absolutely exceptional service and food. From start to finish, Dave, Julie, Aleks and team were the best. They helped make our night perfect and I cannot thank them enough!

Anne · Married on 11/28/2017

Aleks was easy to work with from the first contact. On the night of the party, Flick and her crew went above and beyond in making sure every little thing was handled perfectly. The food was fabulous, the drink choices included some rare finds, and our party guests raved on and on and on. Will hire this team again for future special occasions. Anne

Victoria · Married on 11/18/2017

My daughter and her husband were married last month in Key West. We used Great Events for our caterer and they did a fabulous job. First, Aleksandra was amazing – she was such a pleasure to work with and accommodated our every wish. And the food was out of this world. Everything from the passed appetizers to the seated meal to the late-night snacks was absolutely delicious. The servers were courteous and personable and the food was plentiful. I can’t thank Aleks and the staff enough for making our family’s event so very memorable. I highly recommend Great Events to anyone – you won’t be sorry.

Jessica · Married on 11/04/2017

My guests could not stop raving about the food. They said it was the best wedding food they have ever had and I couldn't agree more. The staff were professional and always smiling, the food was hot, and the set up was exactly as I had requested. We had mojitos and apps passed around to guests and stations. Thank you Great Events!

• User6654361 · 1+ year ago

Alex and Great Events Catering were incredible to work with!!! We had Great Events cater our welcome dinner Friday night in addition to our wedding night. The good was absolutely DELICIOUS! Every email was responded to promptly. When Hurricane Irma hit the Keys, they were in touch to put my mind at ease and assure my family and I that everything would still runs smoothly. The waitstaff who helped out at our wedding were so kind and fun. Every single guest from our wedding came up to us and told us how amazing the food at our wedding was. I would hire them over and over and over again!

Kailey · Married on 07/07/2017

Great events provided great catering! They were accommodating to our guests with special food needs. The food was excellent with great presentation. One of our vegan friends said it was the best vegan meal she had ever had at a wedding. They also provided our bar service and we added a mojito as a specialty drink. It was fabulous and everyone raved about it and the presentation of the drink.

Maryam · Married on 05/20/2017

I absolutely loved the food and service. From the first time we spoke to the very last minute at the event, Aleksandra and the staff were helpful, eager to accommodate to our requests, and covered all details. And the food was SPECTACULAR!!! I will definitely recommend and use Great Events in the future.

Julia · Married on 05/06/2017

When it came to food for our wedding, that was the part my husband wanted to choose. He is a chef, so it really meant a lot to him that our menu was phenomenal. After venue searching at resorts, we became discouraged with their preset menus with typical wedding food. We then decided to go with a venue where we could hire a caterer. Once the venue manager found out my husband's occupation, she immediately referred us to Great Events, stating they were for "foodies." We live here locally, so we were able to visit them for a tasting. It was out of this world. Chef David prepared everything for us, as discussed each menu item with us. Before the tasting, we had gone over a menu of what we wanted with Aleksandra, who is in charge of their operations. She was seriously AMAZING. My husband is originally from Poland & we wanted to incorporate that into our wedding. She was able to get us traditional Polish vodkas, as well as beers. All the guys at the wedding loved having Zywiec to drink! A few of my husband's family flew in from Poland, & Alex went as far as to get us Polish servers! She was literally more than just the front of the catering. We met with her numerous times, she helped me with the set up of everything, suggestions, she was there every step of the way for us during the wedding planning process. She even stopped by at the wedding to check on us. And the final menu chosen for the wedding was insane. I'm at the age where a lot of my friends are getting married, as well as attending weddings & all of the guests commented on how exceptional the food was. My husband & I have both worked in restaurants for many years, and in the Keys, good service can be difficult to find. The food was delivered promptly, and the servers & bartenders were on point. They constantly checked on myself, as well as my husband & his family to keep our drinks full. Between the food, the exceptional service, & the kind treatment we received, it was truly memorable.

Kathy · Married on 04/30/2017

Great Expectations catered my rehearsal sunset cruise aboard the Jolly Rover and my wedding at the Audobon House. The food at both events was phenomenal, with something for everyone. The youngsters LOVED the french fry bar, the foodies loved the ceviche and guacamole stations, and everyone found something to love at the grill station. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared, and cooks and servers at both events were warm, gracious and fun. Finally, GE was super accommodating for my guests with food allergies, even walking them through the stations and helping them make "safe" selections. Great Expectations exceeded my expectations all the way around!!!

Kristine · Married on 04/29/2017

The team at Great Events is amazing. We can't thank Aleksandra, Jackie, the service staff and the talented chefs enough for making our wedding a dream come true! They were all so flexible and easy to work with and their convenient, inclusive packages made planning our wedding efficient, simple and stress-free! We opted for the Wedding Buffet package and our guests couldn't stop RAVING about the quality of the food and how good everything was. We received multiple comments from guests about how it was by far the BEST wedding food they've ever had - and we had a tough crowd of foodies to please so that says a lot! During the reception, one of the servers even went of their way without being asked, to personally walked my grandmother over to the buffet station and held her plate for her while she chose her dinner options - beyond thoughtful and considerate. They truly went above and beyond to make everyone feel special. Highly recommend!

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2017

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!! Great Events did an amazing job catering our wedding. All of our guests commented on how great the food was, how professional and nice the staff were, and how fast the bartenders were!
    It was a pleasure to work with Aleks and her team, and they were always available to communicate by phone or email.
    Great caterers who know how to work and manage the flow of a wedding! Book them!

Dawnmarie · Married on 04/18/2017

It was so scary to plan a wedding in Key West Florida from California. My first conversations with Aleksandra and Jackie made me feel at ease. I wasn't able to taste the food so I received all kinds of pictures of their food and setup. The bride decided to have a taco/quesadilla bar for dinner and a guacamole bar for cocktail hour. How could that look elegant for a wedding is what Im thinking? Well they did it!!!! The displays were amazing. The food flavors were to die for. Everything Jackie and Aleksandra said they would do they did!! Service was amazing from start to finish. Their staff of servers also were professional but fun! Everyone LOVED the food and drink. Great prices too!!!! You cant go wrong with chosing Great Events. My only regret is they aren't here in California!!!

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2017

Ever go to a wedding and everything is gorgeous but when your meal comes its just typical "wedding food"? This is not the case for Great Events. Every guest raved about the food, even now 2 weeks later. If the chef could win a James Beard award I would nominate him. For Foodies out there this is your only choice. From cocktail hour to reception the food was as creative as a high end resturant. Aleksandra was efficient and professional. Quick to respond and helpful in every part of the process. Thank you for making our wedding spectacular. Jessica and Ed Wiegman 3-17-17