Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens Reviews

Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens 5
Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens 6
Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens 7

Alexandra · Married on 08/12/2012

Awesome. The place is very pretty. Personnel is nice and helpful! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • Sharlene

Sharlene · Married on 07/19/2012

I am so glad I found the Grand Tradition Estate. It is absolutely amazing! Not only is it beautiful, but every part of your wedding is perfect when they are in charge. My ceremony was perfect. They seated everyone and were so organized. There were no little mistakes. Then at my reception it got even better! The servers were so nice and everyone got to eat seconds! You don't have to worry about a thing when you have your wedding here and your guest will be really impressed. Worth every penny!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Susan · Married on 05/19/2012

We held our ceremony and reception at Grand Tradition in their "Arbor Terrace" venue, and could not have been more pleased with the quality of the venue, food, and service!

Veronica, our wedding coordinator, was friendly, professional, and well-organized. She did an amazing job with ensuring that everything ran smoothly on our special day, and because of this, we didn't have to worry about anything regarding the venue the day-of our wedding.

The venue we used, Arbor Terrace, was expertly landscaped with a tropical theme reminiscent of Hawaii and the South Pacific without being over-the-top. Many of our guests commented that they loved the uniqueness of the venue, and the backdrops provided by the tropical theme resulted in many amazing photos.

As for the food, our guests loved it! We chose the buffet option so our guests could enjoy a greater variety of food. The buffet was elegantly presented and was manned by servers who plated the food for our guests. The tri-tip, fresh berries salad, and crab cakes were especially noteworthy.

Throughout our event, the staff at Grand Tradition excelled at providing excellent, friendly service.

We compared Grand Tradition to a number of other venues in Southern California, and chose this venue as it looked amazing and specialized in hosting weddings. The depth of experience definitely showed. Many thanks to Veronica and the team at Grand Tradition for making our special day perfect. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/15/2012
  • Married MyTrue Love©

Michele · Married on 05/12/2012

I just wanted to say thank you so very much for EVERYTHING Megan. I’m sure you hear this all the time but: You’re the GREATEST wedding coordinator EVER!! You made every detail of my wedding perfect. The staff was amazing and I got endless compliments on how beautiful the estate was and how delicious the food was and how attentive everybody was. And after receiving my proofs from my photographer, my jaw dropped at how truly amazing the mansion looked. I can’t thank you enough for making my wedding more than what I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you again for making my wedding one of the best days of my life!!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 05/11/2012

I absolutely LOVED my venue. We got married at the Arbor Terrace, not the Mansion. It was absolutely beautiful. The food was AMAZING, and got so many compliments on how good it tasted. We had two girls that basically took care of my husband and I the entire night. Whatever we needed they were there to get it for us. It was a perfect day and a perfect location. Any time I had a question or needed something prior to the wedding, there was someone there to help me, even if my specific coordinator was unavailable. They are very helpful in whatever your needs may be.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Haley · Married on 04/29/2012

I just had my wedding here...All and all..Beautiful and pretty close to perfect!! I would recommend it to anyone that wants options of venues without having to sacrifice beauty! Yes...they do have certain limitations, but you're going to find that everywhere unless you're going to plan your wedding from the bottom up (and that can get ridiculously costly) I'm still smiling at how beautiful everything was!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Kenna · Married on 03/17/2012

Megan, Gena and the entire staff were great! even though my wedding got rained out and we had to move the ceremony inside, they still made sure it was a memorable day!

Sent on 04/02/2012
  • sarah

sarah · Married on 02/25/2012

The Grand Tradition, Arbor Terrace was a dream come true. I never could have imagined how beautiful this day could have been.
    Their excellent staff made the day even more special and run without any problems.
    This facility is top notch in customer service, elegance, professionalism, class, and beauty!!

Sent on 03/13/2012
  • Rhonda

Rhonda · Married on 12/08/2011

Absolutely the most beautiful place to get married! Gorgeous grounds. Excellent service. Great food! Megan was our coordinator and she was GREAT!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Scot · Married on 08/21/2011

We had our wedding at the Arbor Terrace at Grand Traditions and it was beautiful. Veronica, our coordinator, did a great job along with the entire staff. The food, service, staff and attention to detail was perfect. The entire venue is landscaped to amazing standards and the reception areas are very well done. They taylored everything to exactly what we wanted and we had a dream wedding.

Sent on 08/29/2011

Chelsea · Married on 07/07/2011

I couldn't have asked for a better venue. It absolutely blew us away when we took our tour. We booked our wedding the same day. Our wedding coordinator megan was perfect. She made everything so easy up to and the day of the wedding. The food was AMAZING, even though we were too busy the day of to actually eat as much as we wanted to. Hands down they made our wedding the best it possibly could be.

Sent on 09/30/2011

Yumiko · Married on 05/08/2010

What can I say, this was a fairy tale, storybook wedding! Everything was perfect! We had our wedding at the Beverly Mansion at Grand Tradition on May 8th, 2010. My coordinator Jenna was very professional and prompt in responding to our requests, my only regret was that I overstressed and overworked myself when I had all the help and assistance available to me by the staff at the Grand Tradition.
    They took care of decorating our guestbook table and setting up the items for our unity candle ceremony. The venue is absolutely beautiful and our guests had a blast. I highly recommend this wedding venue because you have the entire venue to yourself on your wedding day, so no need to worry about double weddings happening at the same time with distractions etc. I also did not feel "rushed" like some reviewers posted. I felt everything happened right on time and was actually looking forward to my honeymoon towards the end of the night due to exhaustion! :)

Sent on 05/17/2010

Tish · Married on 05/01/2010

Beautiful location. We used the Arbor Terrace location for both the ceremony and reception. Two waterfalls at that spot,large stone fireplace, large dance floor, great food and amazing service from start to finish! Our coordinator, Megan, was great to work with, knowledgeable, helpful with suggestions, prompt and extremely organized. We can't rave enough about how beautiful this location was for our wedding and how amazing the service they provide!!!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Tish · Married on 03/20/2010

We worked with Megan at Grand Tradition, she was extremely helpful in planning the ceremony & reception. We had an amazing experience at GR. It was beautiful location, with great food. We had our ceremony & reception at Arbor Terrace. The backdrop for the pictures can't be duplicated or found anywhere else in SD or LA, it felt like we were in Hawaii!! The staff is very nice and professional from the day we checked out the place to the day of our wedding. They were always available to answer our questions, assist us with planning and coordinating outside vendors. They recommended Bonsall Village Florist and we were extremely happy with that vendor. We do wish we had checked out some of their photographer recs, as we weren't happy with the one we found. It is a little more pricey than other venues but when you calculate catering costs, using it for both events, pianist (included), uplighting (included), wedding coordination, staff (bartenders, bride assistant, Megan, etc), beautiful waterfalls & backdrop, changing rooms (great fruits, cheese, crackers provided) it was definitely worth every penny!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Amy · Married on 02/20/2010

Wow-Grand Tradition was absolutely spectacular. I knew from the moment I opened the website that I would be married there. They take care of everything and make it extremely easy to remember all the the details because they send you reminders and updates. Our wedding was SPECTACULAR, and all of our guests were so impressed with everything. They kept asking us how in the world we found this "hidden gem" and I am so glad we did! They were professional, organized and provided us with exceptional service. All of our guests also could not stop talking about the food, saying it was "the best wedding food they ever had." We were able to sit and eat and it was absolutely delicious! (not usually easy when feeding large groups of people). You can't go wrong for the price either-no cake cutting fees, no hidden costs, no surprises. They are on top of everything and made our wedding absolutely unforgettable.

Sent on 02/21/2010

Marlin · Married on 02/20/2010

My wife and I hadn't heard about Grand Tradition until she attended one of the Bridal Bazaar's in San Diego. While she thought the bazaar was a bust, she did happen to get some marketing material for GT and checked out the website. Fortunately for us, the website is top notch and caught our interest to go check it out. There are 2 sites to choose from and we decided on Arbor Terrace which has a waterfall back drop and a reception area that is tented and somewhat open-air.

From a price point compared to some of the other places we were looking at (La Valencia), Grand Tradition is much more affordable. They do not nickel and dime you like so many other venues that charge cake cutting fees ($3.75 a slice,etc) and include so much more with the selection of their site. The staff is on the ball and since they mainly use the sites for weddings they have it down to the science.

When we initially went to the food tasting I wasn't overly thrilled but the food wasn't why we selected GT. However, the night of the wedding the food was outstanding and a lot of our guests were complimenting how great it was in addition to the numerous compliments we received on the wedding and reception site itself. Pretty much everyone complimented our choice in venue and we couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out.

For any couples looking for a wedding site in San Diego or Southern CA, I'd recommend checking out Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbrook.

Sent on 03/22/2010

Jina · Married on 09/19/2008

The Grand Tradition Arbor Terrace is absolutely beautiful! The staff is great and the food is excellent. After our wedding we heard nothing but great comments from our guests on how good the food was, and that it was the best wedding they have been to. Highly recommend it, just breathtaking!

Sent on 01/04/2009
  • FinallyMrs.Jennings

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2008

My first visit to the Grand Tradition was alone and just a recon mission as my FI was at work. We had visited quite a few places, maybe 10, before here. As soon as I left I called him and told him he HAD to see it. We went back later that afternoon and I showed him around. He loved it as much as I did. We took our Mom's with a week after and it was a unanimous decision...we we're all smiling from ear to ear as we paid the deposit and selected our date. The night of the wedding, Jenna and the whole Grand Tradition staff was amazing. They had always been very friendly and willing to help through our months of planning and the wedding night was no difference! Everything went so smooth and I didn't have to worry about a thing with Jenna by my side. All of the guests had a great time, the facilities were as beautiful as ever, the food was outstanding and the night was a dream! Worth every penny and then some, A++++ from my husband and I!!

Sent on 09/16/2008

Carrie · Married on 12/02/2007

Grand Tradition Arbor Terrace was a beautiful site that I'm pleased to say I was married at. The location was very easy to get to and when you entered the ceremony site it took your breath away. The ceremony site was covered with maintained plants and flowers, palm trees and large waterfalls. As you walk over bridges with flowing streams underneath you enter into the large white beautiful tent for the reception with another waterfall and fireplace inside. Since the wedding I've heard nothing but great things about the wedding site and the extremely wonderful tasting food. I am very happy I chose the Grand Tradition Arbor Terrace and would recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 02/09/2008

Kristie · Married on 07/07/2007

A fantastic place to get married in Southern California. Grand Tradition and my personal wedding planner (who was included in the package) made our wedding the fary tale wedding I have always dreamed of. The food is amazing, the landscaping makes for beautiful pictures and it was AWESOME!

Sent on 04/06/2008

We have nothing but amazing feedback for the Grand Tradition including the owner, wedding coordinators, staff and venue. Everything about our special day was simply amazing. The Grand Tradition was flexible throughout the planning process and was able to accommodate our out-of-the-ordinary requests. We had approximately 280 people at our wedding and our guests never felt crowded at any point during the 8 hour event. The Grand Tradition venue is expansive and can hold very large parties with ease. The appetizers, entrees, drinks and dessert were all fantastic. Our DJs had great things to say about the venue and their ability to connect to the existing sound set up. The staff was very attentive to the bride and did everything they could to make sure she was comfortable, nourished, hydrated and ready to have the best day of her life. The groom and groomsmen had a blast and never felt restricted. There are several locations on the Grand Tradition property to snap the pictures of a lifetime. Every decoration is visually stimulating and very customizable to each bride's and groom's wants and needs. Needless to say we highly recommend the Grand Tradition to any couple searching for the venue of their dreams.

Sent on 10/26/2014

I had my reception at Grand Tradition and everyone absolutely loved it! Everyone was so helpful, the food was amazing (I upgraded the appetizers), and Kristina my planner was so incredibly organized. Everything was ran so smoothly, it was amazing. Highly recommend Grand Tradition!

Sent on 07/23/2013

We were in the Arbor Terrace venue. This was an AMAZING venue and a wonderful experience from start to finish! Guests all night long were saying "best wedding ever"..Fantastic food. The bride texted the MOB the next day, "Mom, I think we just threw the wedding of the century!" so if the bride thinks that...then we did! K

Sent on 06/06/2013

kristy · Married on 10/27/2012

"Could not have imagined a better wedding location!!"

My husband and I got married at Grand Tradition on October 27th, 2012.

We choose the Arbor Terrace location for it's laid back, tropical theme that still provided that elegant, romantic ambiance. We both live in Vegas and had no desire to get married in a hotel, golf course or private residence. We both cringed at the fact that there may actually be other people intruding on our special day. The landscaping on the grounds of Arbor Terrace is very well kept and new plants are continually being replaced to ensure there are bright colors and fresh blossoms. The area makes you feel as though you have traveled to a remote location, where it is just you and your guests. The large waterfall your ceremony is in front of is romantic and not what your guests expect. We were originally worried about the noise level of the waterfall, but everyone heard the ceremony well and the sound tech did wonderfully with our ceremony music CD.

The planning of the wedding from Las Vegas was made easy by our coordinator Sara Bacon. There were a few times that I traveled to the San Diego to meet with other vendors and Sara made it easy to schedule time to meet and discuss details. The personalized requests were catered to and turned out beautifully.

They have a menu tasting day where all perspective couples attend a dinner and sample food. Nic and I were satisfied but not overly impressed. However, the buffet food at the reception was far beyond our expectations following the tasting. Our guests still continue to comment on how good the food was. My father called the next day and confessed, "It was the best buffet I have ever had at the wedding." (For all inquiring minds... we had, prime rib, cheese raviolis, stuffed sicilian chicken. Ceaser salad and warm spinach salad with bacon.)

Nic and I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking to marry somewhere the feels secluded and tropical yet elegant and romantic.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Jenny · Married on 07/27/2012

The grand tradition was wonderful they made my wedding everything I could have dreamed it would be! They have a great selection of photographers, DJ's ect. The venue is beautiful. The coordinators (Veronica was mine) were fabulous. I can't say one bad thing about the service or the place itself. The price is a little up there but it is worth every penny!

Sent on 10/24/2013