Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Loretta
    Loretta B. Married on 03/31/2022

Above & Beyond Service

The whole venue was gorgeous both Beverly Mansion & Arbor Terrace sites were incredibly beautiful. The lush garden scenery everywhere captivated everyone who attended our wedding. Photos of the landscape didnt even need to be edited! Not only were the grounds well maintained the staff and especially the coordinators who worked with us directly were in constant contact with us and made sure our needs were met down to every detail. You can tell they are well trained and experienced. Everything was taken care of and I am quite impressed with everything they offered. The bridal and groom suites were elaborately decorated, well equipped and extremely accommodating! They offered champagne and trays of delicious snacks for the bridal parties in the suites. It was all a very fabulous & memorable experience!

Hello Loretta,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos and writing this wonderful review! It means the world to us!

We are so happy to hear that your day and entire wedding planning experience went well :) Thank you for choosing Grand Tradition for your special day. And congratulations on this exciting new chapter. We hope to see you soon :)

• Cheryl
    Cheryl N. Married on 02/18/2022

Grand Tradition is the best wedding venue you could ever have!

Me and my husband LOVED this venue and we especially loved our wedding coordinator Lisa. She was so nice, very helpful and our whole wedding just went sooo smoothly because of her. The pictures of this venue don’t do it justice, you have to just go there in person and see for yourself. After your first visit you’ll already know this would be the best venue for you. We were so lucky to have the opportunity to have our wedding here at the Grand Tradition.
    Evans P. Married on 02/12/2022

10 star experience

YOU WILL NOT REGRET HAVING YOUR WEDDING HERE.

The venue was so beautiful and all of our guests couldn't stop talking about it. Although we had to postpone our wedding twice due to COVID, they were willing move our dates with NO FEES and made sure we were able to have our dream wedding.

LISA WAS AWESOME. Our wedding coordinator at the Grand Traditions went above and beyond to make sure everything went according to plan and she nailed it.

Thank you!

Hello Evans,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It brings us so much joy to hear how wonderful your wedding day turned out! It was much deserved after the long hardship you went through during COVID. We deeply appreciate your patience and flexibility with us while we maneuvered through a pandemic. We are honored to have hosted such a special day.

Congratulations on this exciting new chapter! We hope to see you again soon :)

• Joyce
    Joyce Married on 01/22/2022

Impeccable venue and customer service!

We cannot praise Grand Tradition enough for making our wedding absolutely perfect, especially considering we had so many things stacked against us. From the beginning, we fell in love with the gorgeous gardens and the indoor tented reception space. It was the first venue we explored, and we knew right away that it was meant to be (but as good wedding shoppers we still went around and looked at other ones just to be sure). There were several reasons Grand Tradition stood out for us: 1) it is a genuinely beautiful venue, meaning that you really don't need to have too many decorations/floral pieces, which means huge savings. 2) they come with their own coordinator, which means you don't have to worry about your coordinator not understanding the flow or intricacies of the venue and you know it will run smoothly. 3) they have over 30 years in business, which especially since COVID, was extremely important for us as several vendors have closed/are unstable and we wanted to ensure we had reputable and strong vendors working with us. And this 3rd point came into play multiple times as our original coordinator assigned by Grand Tradition (who was amazing) moved out of state a month before our wedding. However you never would have known it because Grand Tradition was very quick to notify us and assigned another coordinator who immediately communicated with us to ensure all of our questions and concerns were addressed. And despite our best efforts, we had several last minute guest drop-outs due to Omnicron and then several more guests (including children even though this was an adult-only event) showed up at the wedding unannounced. What is normally a nightmare situation for any wedding turned out so smooth-- Molly, our amazing stand-in coordinator handled the last minute guest changes with grace and extreme efficiency. I kept bracing myself for multiple questions from our coordinator as to where we would want these last-minute guests placed but nope, she just took care of business! We received so many compliments from our guests for how beautiful the venue was, how efficient the entire wedding was, how delicious the food was (which was very important to us), and how well the staff took care of us. We were extremely pleased with Grand Tradition and would absolutely refer them to anyone looking for a beautiful, smoothly run wedding. They are truly passionate about what they do and it shows in every aspect of their work. And because I was looking for this information when I was looking at venues-- our wedding was in January and there were high wind advisories (75mph) in SD county the day of, but we did not get any wind at all. The weather was a very beautiful, sunny 68 degrees in the daytime, which dropped to about 55 degrees at nighttime. Arbor Terrace had several heaters and I felt totally comfortable running around in a very skimpy dress even though I normally get cold very easily. (Also protip: GET THE ICE CREAM BAR ADD-ON. Literally everyone was in love with it, it didn't matter that it was in January, people were going back for third and fourth servings!)

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for writing your review on Wedding Wire as well. We appreciate all the time you took to write these reviews. It means the world to us!

Congratulations again on your marriage and thank you for choosing Grand Tradition. We are so honored to have hosted such a beautiful day for a beautiful couple :)

Please come visit us soon!

With Love,
    Your Grand Tradition Family :)
  • tayler
    Tayler Married on 11/19/2021

A tropical wedding paradise!!

I'm the owner of Tayler Ashley Photography and I had the pleasure of shooting many weddings here. Its absolutely stunning and it makes you feel like you are in a tropical location. The staff is wonderful and the food is amazing. You're guaranteed the perfect wedding here!

Hello Tayler,

Thank you for your such kind words and taking the time to write this review. Your photos are absolutely incredible and you do an amazing capturing our venue! Our couples and staff enjoy working with you. We hope to see you soon!

Thank you.
    The Grand Tradition Team
    Kaitlyn Married on 10/02/2021

Absolutely Amazing! 💕

Grand Tradition was the absolute best wedding venue! The very first time I stepped on the property I fell in love! All of the staff is very nice and accommodating! They were patient with all of my questions and answered thoroughly. There are two sides to pick from, Arbor Terrace or the Mansion. Originally I wanted a beach venue, but the Arbor Terrace is a tropical dream! I felt like I was in Hawaii! The venue provides a coordinator to help navigate the crazy and make your vision come to life! I was assigned to Lisa. While I am sure they are all great and maybe I have some bias, but she gets 5/5 stars in every category! She is prompt in replying with emails, walks you through timelines/vendors/song choices/etc., she made my crazy living champagne wall become a reality and she just did everything! Unfortunately my cake was not delivered on my wedding day. She came up with quick solutions and because she had caught they had the wrong date and emailed the bakery, we can now get a full refund! Thank you!!! They have so many staff on the wedding day. We did a lot of DIY projects. On the day of the rehearsal, we dropped off all of our decor and the staff set everything up to perfection! They have a bridal assistant that literally follow the bride and groom making sure we had everything we needed throughout the day! She knew how to bustle my dress and helped my photographer with pictures. She was also so calm and pleasant! At the end of the night, the staff packed up and loaded all of our decor in our truck. My family just got to enjoy the day! I have been to countless weddings, usually the food is ehhh… but the food at Grand Tradition is so good! That was one of the first things my family talked about, the great food and how beautiful the venue looked. I am so grateful I got such an amazing venue! This venue is top notch and will be everything you have ever dreamed of having for your wedding!

Hi Kaitlyn,

We are so happy to hear about your wedding planning and day of experience! It is our number 1 goal to make sure everything is exactly what you planned and hoped for :) Lisa and our entire staff here at Grand Tradition greatly appreciate your kind words and thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It means so much to us!

We hope to see you soon! Congratulations on this exciting journey ahead :) Love the photos!!!

Best wishes from your Grand Tradition Family!
    Jeff M. Married on 09/26/2021

Amazing Venue!!!

The Grand Traditions, Arbor Terrace is a stunning waterfall backdrop venue that feels like you are in Hawaii. From beginning to end the Grand Traditions staff were professional and focused on creating your ideal wedding. You truly cannot go wrong with this location. Their preferred vendors are all top notch and the food from GT was exquisite. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Hello Jeff,

We are thrilled to hear about how wonderful your wedding turned out! It was such a pleasure hosting your most special day here at Grand Tradition. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It means a lot and we are so delighted!! We hope to see you both again soon :)

Happy New Year!

Warmly,
    Anne P. Married on 08/27/2021

Best day of our lives

We found Grand Traditions on our wedding venue search at the end of 2019 and immediately fell in love with Arbor Terrace. Then like so many couples who had 2020 set as their wedding date- things changed and we decided to postpone a year. Grand Tradition made the transition so easy (especially after hearing many others horror stories.) Through our journey with the venue we worked with Amanda, Charnel and then Mikayla for our big day. Everyone was wonderful and Mikayla creating a day that felt so seamless and stress free for us.

A few of favorite things about the venue:
    -The seclusion- you step into a tropical garden that feels like a destination wedding outside of San Diego area- our guests were in awe!
    -The ease of planning- Grand Tradition has weddings down to a science but leaves room for customization. Planning a wedding by myself was daunting but made so much easier when so many of the details were already included in the wedding packages including the delicious food!
    -The people- From our initial tour to the planning to the day of- our experience was top notch and our guests would say the same. Every one was so kind and Mikayla was especially patient with all of my emails and random changes!

The worst part of our wedding is that we couldn’t make the day last forever!
  • Karen
    Karen M. Married on 06/04/2021

Absolutely beautiful and amazing venue!

First of all not only was this venue absolutely beautiful (everyone at my wedding was talking about it) but also the staff here are extraordinary! they go above and beyond for their couples, and handle every little detail and thing that will go wrong. My wedding coordinator Mikayla was amazing, I could not have asked for a better one, she was so detailed with every aspect of helping us plan, and she was there for me every step of the rehearsal and day of answering questions and making sure everything went off without a hitch! My vision of my dream wedding came to life at this venue, and I could not have asked for a better venue or better staff! thank you grand tradition!
  • Matthew
    Matthew W. Married on 05/21/2021

Stress Relief

My wife and I got engaged in April 2020 (pandemic era). We did not physically visit any venues, but we did 'virtual' tours, browsed photos, read reviews, and did our homework. We originally wanted a tropical destination wedding, but traveling was limited during this time. The Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens was the perfect venue for my wife and me. We had the tropical feeling, peaceful atmosphere, and the luxurious look we wanted. We met with our Wedding Coordinator, Sarah Fox, who was excited for our big day as much as we were. Sarah was professional, easy to communicate with, timely, respectful, and accommodating. Sarah took a load of stress of my wife & my backs which made our wedding day even more relaxing and enjoyable. I highly recommend researching EVERY detail before you throw your high-priced dollar bills at something you may regret on your wedding date. I highly recommend Grand Tradition and their wonderful team, especially Sarah Fox. Thank you!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 10/10/2020

Tropical Oasis

I had my wedding at the Arbor Terrace at The Grand Tradition and it was everything I dreamed of and more. From the gorgeous tropical foliage, to the decadent food, to the professional and courteous staff - no detail is overlooked. The feedback I got from my guests also reflected this. They could not stop gushing about how perfect the wedding was. I couldn't recommend The Grand Tradition enough!

Hello Alexandra,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and some gorgeous photos of your big day! You two are absolutely gorgeous gorgeous together.

It was our honor to have hosted your wedding! Thank you for choosing Grand Tradition :) We wish you all the best and a beautiful marriage. We hope to see you soon!

Warmly,
  • Nikita
    Nikita B. Married on 08/09/2020

Amazing! Venue

I have been working with them and everything has been flawless so far. I'm super excited for the wedding.

Hello Nikita,

Thank you for such kind words :) We're thrilled to hear the planning has been coming along nice and smooth.

We are looking forward to your BIG day!!
  • Eurelle
    Eurelle Married on 07/25/2020

5 stars of perfection

5 STARS. To Grand Tradition and our incredible coordinator, Mikayla: Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. This venue and its incredible A team of sales staff, coordinators, chefs, servers, and more captured our wedding reception celebration to perfection. They were not only incredibly professional, responsive, and creative - they felt like part of our wedding party! We had perfect weather for our wedding reception and even a little rain, which the staff was so kind to provide us and our guests umbrellas and golf cart transportation.

My husband and I wanted a unique venue and when we toured Grand Tradition in 2019, we knew this estate was the one for us. We chose the Beverly Mansion and Orchid Bar, all of which were beautiful and unique. The guests could not stop raving about how unique the venue was!

Please book Grand Tradition - they worked with us, they were flexible, they were understanding, and they KNOW what they are doing.

We cannot wait to visit Grand Tradition again, whether it’s for brunch, to walk the grounds on our anniversary, or another event :)
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 02/01/2020

Very professional and personable

Our coordinator is Amanda who is super nice and professional. The wedding went smoothly and we loved it. The venue is so pretty and it is totally worth it.

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to hear your wedding went smooth :) Amanda loved working with you!

Congratulations and we hope to see you soon!

All the best,
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/11/2019

Best venue

I got married this October at Grand Tradition Estate. This is honestly the most beautiful venue I've ever seen. Everything went perfect, it will be a day we will never forget. The food tasting was probably my favorite part of the planning process. The food was delicious and I loved that there was variety.
    Amanda was such an amazing coordinator. Amanda and her team were really professional and provided us with the best service, they went above and beyond. I had a bridal assistant who was right by my side in case I ever needed anything.
    Amanda kept everything and everyone within the planned timeline. She was really attentive and made sure our wedding party and my guests were taken care of.
    Thanks to her I was calm and was able to enjoy the entire day. She was there with us from the beginning of our wedding planning to the very last moments.
    We couldn't have asked for a better coordinator; we were so grateful for her help.
    My wedding felt like a dream, I am so glad I found this hidden gem.

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for such kind words. We are thrilled to hear the planning process and more importantly your big day was perfect!! :)
    On behalf of everyone here at Grand Tradition, we thank you both for allowing us to be part of your special day. We wish you well and hope to see you soon :)

• Stephanie
    Stephanie E. Married on 10/11/2019

Beautiful venue

Grand tradition is such a beautiful venue. The moment my fiancé and I walked into the gardens we instantly knew this was the location we wanted to get married. We are getting married in 5 months and are looking forward for all of our guest to see it. Our coordinator Amanda is great, she has been helping us stay organized and calm during this whole planning process. I would highly recommend this venue. I will do a follow up review after the wedding ❤️
    Kaitlyn Married on 07/07/2019

Unforgettable

Made my wedding unforgettable. My wedding day ran so smoothly due to my coordinator (Sarah) and bridal assistant. I planned the wedding with my coordinator Sarah, she had great ideas and even called all my vendors 10 days before the wedding to ensure things went smoothly. We meet about 3-4 times. I planned my wedding from Florida and Sarah helped a lot since I was far away. During the event the service and food was raved about by the guest. They especially loved the meat and chocolate fountain. The best thing about grand tradition is that you don't need signs to direct people because there is butler's who assist with every transition. The Bridal assistant is awesome, she delivered food to my sweetheart table and cleaned my dress when I spilled red sauce on it. I would chose Grand Tradition 100 times over for a wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Hello Kaitlyn and Mat,

Thank you for your kind words! We loved being a part of your special day! We wish you both the best and please come and visit us soon.

Best Wishes,

Jessica Married on 06/06/2019

Get married here!

We got married at the Grand Tradition on June 6th, 2019. Ever since I first walked the grounds I have been completely in love with this venue! They take such good care of the property and it provides a truly unique scene for your big day. Everything was amazing from the food, to the staff, to the scenery! We were truly blessed to have our wedding here. Amanda Cox was our coordinator and she was PHENOMENAL! Amanda really helped us bring our vision to life. She was so patient throughout the wedding planning process and made sure all our needs were met. About a year into the planning process, we found out I was pregnant and Amanda was more than willing to help us have our gender reveal during our wedding day. She even gave us some brilliant ideas for the gender reveal. Amanda always greeted us with a smile and treated our little pup like family too :-) To say I was impressed with Amanda the day of our wedding is an understatement. She truly went above and beyond to create a once in a lifetime experience for us! She made sure we stayed on track with our time in order to do all the things we wanted to the day of. She also made sure the bride and groom got to eat (thank you so much for that!) and ensured that I had plenty of apple cider throughout the day since I couldn't drink :-) Overall, we had a wonderful experience and we do not regret booking at the Grand Traditions one bit!!
    Paige Married on 03/30/2019

LOVE this venue

I am so glad we chose Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens as our wedding venue! We got married at Arbor Terrace on 3/30/19 and it was absolutely stunning! Alyssa was our wedding planner and I cannot say enough great things about her! I kept saying throughout the whole wedding planning process that I didn't know what I would do without Alyssa! Grand Tradition was 100% worth the money. They structure everything throughout the wedding planning process to make it as painless and seamless and possible for the bride and groom. They took care of everything and I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day! My guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was! Shout out to Kevin as well! He was the one who gave us our tour before booking and he was amazing! My dad can be a difficulty person and he handled him with humor and ease - my dad was skeptical before the tour and then completely on board after the tour! Thank you Grand Tradition for making our special day perfect!
  • Mae
    Mae Married on 03/22/2019

Our dream wedding!!

Grand Tradition is truly a hidden gem. From start to finish... our experience here was great - meetings with our coordinator, menu tasting, and just visiting the venue to prepare for our big day. My husband and I got married in the Arbor Terrace in March and it was absolutely perfect! So many of our guests complimented how beautiful the venue was and were pleasantly surprised by all the scenery and waterfalls. It felt like a destination wedding in our own city :) Our wedding day went so smoothly and stress-free thanks to all the work the staff and our coordinators did. I recommend Grand Tradition 100%! Our dream wedding became a reality here!
    Keson Married on 03/09/2019

Beautifully Landscaped & Superb Staff

Choosing Grand Tradition Estate was one of the best decisions we made. We were not only blown away by the beautifully landscaped grounds, but the staff and coordinators are and true professionals. There are a thousand things to worry about when planning a wedding, but having a venue that's transparent with pricing, and having an incredible staff to support you throughout the process and on the big day, is worth every penny. They've got weddings down from easy to understand planning forms to providing final touches such as the cake stand, table numbers, ring bearer pillow, etc at no extra charge. The venue is a little remote with the area not having much and we were warned about the potential lack of Uber/Lyft driverrs, however, our guests were so impressed, it didn't sound like they had any problems driving with many coming 1.5-2 hrs away. There are many great Airbnb's in the area as well. Grand Tradition gave us a beautiful wedding and our guests thought we had spent something in the 6-digits, which was totally not the case, but we are so happy they even had that impression.

Our wedding was held at the Beverly Mansion with the ceremony at their newer Compass Garden site. It was awesome that we got the best of both worlds with the beautiful lake grounds, and then the intimate, lush tropical scenery and waterfall for the ceremony. We had 18 tables (150 guests) at the Crystal Ballroom, but everyone was comfortable, and not to mention the large dance floor too. The buffet option was great as our guests were able to go for seconds or thirds. The FOOD was a huge highlight to the experience as well. The salmon was moist and not fishy, and their prime rib was perfectly cooked as well. We got compliments on everything down to the salad and ravioli.

Alyssa, our coordinator, was a true MVP. She was beyond helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process and was our go-to on any wedding cultures or common traditions or trends we didn't know about. She totally had my back when I got too drunk too and made sure I was hydrated and had food in my stomach. What a sweetheart!!! She was a perfect communicator throughout the day and verified the details that were in our plan as they came up in case we were feeling any changes or if guests said otherwise. Lisa was another coordinator that helped us in times when Alyssa wasn't available and we were lucky to have her as additional support. We were in a panic and didn’t have bobby pins or hair spray and Lisa got us some super quickly. Lastly, Cameron our bridal assistant was so sweet and helpful and even thought to give me napkins to hide in my bouquet in case I started to ugly cry during the ceremony. Sad it's all over, but so glad Grand Tradition's garden and restaurant are open to the public for us to come visit for years to come.
    Vanessa N. Married on 02/15/2019

Grand Tradition Arbor Terrace Wedding

We were married at Grand Tradition Arbor Terrace on 2/15/2019 and we could not be happier with our venue selection!!! We toured several beautiful venues in northern San Diego county but once we toured GT I was totally sold. The venue is a total hidden gem, driving to the venue you would never imagine there would be such a beautiful tropical style garden in the area.

Elle gave us our tour and she was so sweet and helpful, she answered all of my questions not only the day of the tour but the weeks following. Once we booked with GT we were introduced to our day of coordinator, Charnel. I am sure all of the coordinators are great, but Charnel was simply the best! She is sweet, ORGANIZED, helpful and so very patient with us! I asked about a million questions leading up to the wedding and I know I asked the same questions repeatedly, she was quick to respond and always happy to answer my questions.

Our rehearsal was on Valentines day, which just so happened to be one of the worst storms in the San Diego area in quite some time. Roads were flooding, the wind was knocking trees over....stressful to say the least. Charnel was so on top of it, we had to of course re-arrange the rehearsal set-up and move it under the reception tent. Even though we rehearsed in a different area, Charnel walked us through exactly how it would be the next day (assuming we had clear weather which we did) So there was no confusion the day of the wedding.

Charnel kept everyone & everything running smoothly the day of the wedding, I am truly grateful to have had her as our coordinator, my husband and I just adore her.

As for the wedding experience for us and our guests....it was incredible. Everyone has been gushing about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was! Everything about our day was perfect and we cannot recommend Grand Traditions enough. They will make the wedding planning process smooth and remove a ton of stress as well as provide a gorgeous venue that your friends and family will love!
    Brianne Married on 01/10/2019

Arbor terrace!

The best choice I made! I had a difficult time deciding on if I was going to choose the Grand Tradition or a winery in Temecula. Let me say how GRATEFUL I am that I went with the Grand Tradition! The day went perfect thanks to each employee. All of the guests continually came up to us saying how it was such a gorgeous wedding and how accommodating the employees were. Let me say, the venue is GORGEOUS! You honestly could not pick a better one. Best day of my life!
  • Michael
    Michael F. Married on 12/31/2018

Flawless Venue

My wife and I have nothing but good things to say about Grand Tradition Estate and Gardens. From our first visit all the way to our wedding day, we knew we were in good hands. Any questions we had, they were readily available to answer. Any concerns we had, they helped keep us calm, cool & collective. We absolutely recommend Grand Tradition, they helped make our dream wedding a reality.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Venue and Service

Everything about our experience was amazing! Grand Tradition definitely made our wedding day so special and the day went so smooth! Everyone we worked with was so nice, accommodating, and truly helpful in making our special day a one we will never forget.