Grand Opera House Banquet Center Reviews

28 | Saint Charles, MO

28 Reviews for Grand Opera House Banquet Center

Savannah W. · Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing venue

We planned a wedding in MO all the way from FL, and Greg made it so easy and stress free. He is one of the nicest people we have ever met. Greg was super easy to work with, and went above and beyond. He also was so accommodating. He answered my countless questions, and even met with us without hardly any notice on a holiday weekend. When it came to the day of the wedding everything came together beautifully. We could have not been more happy, and if I could do it 100 more times I would pick this same venue. It was an amazing experience, and we received compliments all night long. The venue itself was so classy and beautiful. The food was also amazing. It was just so wonderful going into the night not having to worry too much about anything because Greg made sure everything was the way it was suppose to be. I will never be able to express how grateful I am that we booked with this venue!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Chante N. · Married on 06/08/2019

Loved Everything About It

Greg is Awesome... He is very easy to work with and his spot is Beautiful. The staff the night of our event was really nice and all our classmates really Enjoyed things from the beginning to the End. Thank You!!!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Peyton · Married on 12/07/2018

December wedding

Greg and everyone he had work for him were all awesome!! Greg was so down to earth and made planning and being a bride so simple. Absolutely would recommend having any type of event here.

Sent on 02/16/2019

Carley · Married on 10/06/2018

Greg is the best. He made this process too easy. He coordinated all of my vendors for the day of and he made our reception flow smoothly. He adjusted to changes needed to be made that day and he is very experienced and knows what he is doing! Such a great guy, gives the best advice and is easy to work with! We had the best night of our lives!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Liz · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful evening reception

This was a fantastic venue! Greg was super helpful before and during the reception. Our guests loved the food and friendly staff!

Sent on 02/11/2019

I cannot say enough great things about the Grand Opera House. My sister had her reception here a few years ago and everything went so smoothly that I held mine here as well. Greg is amazing and so helpful! He's so down-to-earth and will do whatever he can to make th

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jack · event on: 12/12/2014

Greg and his team do an outstanding job!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Bob · Married on 11/07/2014

The venue couldn't have been more perfect

Sent on 05/24/2015

Greg was very easy to work with. Everything waa up front and you knew what you were getting.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2014

My husband and I held our wedding and reception here last weekend and we couldn't have been more pleased! Not only was the space beautiful, but Greg Upchurch was so awesome to work with! He is incredibly helpful in all the planning which was a great stress reliever. The food was amazing and we received so many compliments on how delicious it was. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married! Plus, you are right on the beautiful historic Main Street so we didn't have to go far for pictures at all, we just stepped right outside! The night that we looked forward to for so long was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Allyssa · Married on 05/31/2014

Everything was wonderful! Greg was very nice and professional about everything, even though I had so many concerns - he was able to answer everything very promptly. We had more guests show up than we had planned and Greg quickly put up a table for overflow so that everyone had a seat. He also ordered a case of my husband and father's favorite beer for the wedding--just a little something extra to make sure everyone was happy. It was the most beautiful day; setup was a breeze; Tornatore's catering is absolutely fantastic; seriously awesome.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Lynn · Married on 05/21/2014

Greg was wonderful in helping with the planning of our wedding and reception. He also coordinated everything so that we had a worry free event! The Grand Opera House is a fantastic venue for just about any type of event.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Laura · Married on 05/10/2014

Reception was beautiful. Very good at keeping us on schedule and helping us to keep things moving. Food was great and service was amazing!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Laura · Married on 09/14/2013

We loved the Grand Opera House right away, but it was the quality of the food and available packages that really sold us on it. The staff was so helpful getting things lined up and Greg was wonderful. My husband and I didn't have to think about a thing, he had it all taken care of. This is a top of the line facility!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Heather · Married on 06/08/2013

Greg and his staff at the Grand Opera House took care of absolutely every detail. At all of our meetings before the wedding he put my mind completely at ease and I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. He took care of all of the scheduling with our other vendors so I didn't have to, helped change around the typical dinner menu to cater to my vegetarian husband, was very flexible with set-up times the day of the wedding,etc. There were no problems at all, the food was excellent, and everything about our reception was perfect! I would definitely recommend the Grand Opera House to other brides who want a stress-free reception!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Ruth · Married on 05/18/2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE!! The Opera House is so beautiful that our understated theme worked really well. Greg was GREAT!! He had everything ready and was very laid back and easy to talk to. He even let us have beer pong in the back of the hall!! Our night went off without a hitch. The food was AMAZING!!! When we tried the food before the wedding we were late to the tasting and it was still DELICIOUS so we knew for sure it would be good at the wedding! I'll absolutely use this venue again the first chance I get.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Christian · Married on 02/26/2012

I had my 40 th Birthday Party and it was a blast. Greg and the staff were the best . I could have not asked for better service. I have told all my friends about the Serivce we received . The price was right in our budget and the venue has Character and Class . I will have more parties to come. Thank You very much Grand Opra House

Sent on 01/14/2014

Erica · Married on 01/21/2012

We held our reception at the Grand Opera House in St. Charles and LOVED it!! The venue was absolutely beautiful!! We received so many compliments from our guests on how much they loved the venue. Greg Upchurch was extremely accomodating and went the extra mile in making our day as special as possible. The Grand Opera House was absolutely PERFECT!

Sent on 03/11/2012

Greg did such a fantastic job with our reception. Everything was even better than he had promised. I knew as soon as we signed our agreement with him that I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/29/2011

The Opera House was a fabulous venue for our reception. We had about 120 people and fit very well. Greg, the owner, was great to work with and was always very fast at responding to e-mails. The staff at the venue were great and everything came to fruition even better than planned. Our caterer was Tony and he was fabulous. The food was great and the staff greater. Honestly it could not have gone better. The hall is beautiful and historic with gorgeous high ceilings. It really makes for a neat event.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Sara · Married on 05/03/2015

Greg was wonderful to work with for our wedding reception! He gave us some helpful ideas as well, which my husband and I greatly appreciated. We did a Sunday afternoon wedding, and our guests loved the food and the unique room. We had about 90 people, with plenty of room for a dance floor, cakes/desserts, and a table for our presents and cards. The food was very good, with variety enough to satisfy everyone, including those who don't have meat, and those with allergies. The bar was well stocked, and the staff was effecient. I highly recommend this to anyone!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Sally C. · Married on 05/10/2019

Rehearsal Dinner

We hosted the Rehearsal Dinner before our sons wedding. We needed a venue to host around 60 guests. Most places were too small or too large. Grand Opera House was “just right”! Greg was very accommodating and easy to work with! The food was delicious and Tornatories did an excellent job. Thank you for making our evening a success!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Erin

Erin C. · Getting married on 03/10/2021

3.0

Most beautiful & reasonable venue in st. Charles area

Whether you are looking for a venue for a wedding, rehearsal dinner, family gathering, event party, or WHATEVER it may be... The Grand Opera House IS THE PLACE!!!!
    I have lived in St. Charles County my whole life and I had never been to The Grand Opera House, until my Mother in Law located it for our rehearsal dinner! Gregory Upchurch is a FANTASTIC owner & was extremely helpful from the first time we booked, throughout the planning process, and then to the actual night of our rehearsal dinner. He was so accommodating, his packages came with EVERYTHING for an unbeatable price, AND he is truly SO fun to work with!!
    Greg AND The Grand Opera House truly made our rehearsal dinner one to remember! Our families are STILL talking (2 months later) about how fancy this venue was and how AMAZING the food was!!! Our dinner would not have been near as memorable without this place! Quit looking because The Grand Opera House IS where you want to have your event!! Thank you Greg for helping to provide the rehearsal dinner of our dreams!!

Sent on 12/30/2020

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Our experience was great overall. Venue was clean and set-up just the way we wanted. We had absolutely no problems with our celebration. Feedback from those who attended were very impressed with the place. Will definitely recommend.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Debbie · Married on 10/20/2017

Venue beautiful. Greg was extremely helpful

Sent on 10/30/2017