Grand Jour Events Reviews

105 | Commerce Township, MI

105 Reviews for Grand Jour Events

Micayla · Married on 09/22/2018

Tammara was amazing!! Having a DOC coordinator was the best investment that I could have made. She helped me plan for things that I never considered made our day run PERFECTLY. Tammara and her assistant was always there when I needed someone to take my veil or garter or even get me a drink. I highly recommend Grand Jour Events. They are the best!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Grand Jour Events's reply:

You were a dream bride to work with! Thank you for such kind words!

Alex · Married on 06/16/2018

Tammara was SO helpful for our wedding on June 16th.
    She communicated well the entire process, and is so fun and easy to get along with. She is extremely organized with tools that help ensure the day will go smoothly. I had no idea how much detail goes into planning a wedding and she made sure no detail was left out. The day went better than we could have ever imagined thanks to her! Thank you so much Tammara!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Grand Jour Events's reply:

Thank you for such kind words! Your wedding was absolutely amazing! You were a dream bride to work with! Thank you for letting GJE be part if your big day!
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 09/16/2017

I recently got married on Belle Isle and was recommended Tammara from a friend. This was one of the best investments EVER, as we can't imagine our day without her now. Tammara was a gem to work with- a quick responder, super personal and funny, and she even added a light-hearted vibe and good humor to the planning process-which was awesome and much needed at times. She answered any questions we had throughout the entire year of our engagement, and when it came to the month of our wedding she was a life-saver. On the day of she set up our ENTIRE wedding venue, made sure we followed our timeline, and communicated with all of our vendors to make sure things ran smoothly. We don't know how we would have done it without her. She made sure everything was cleaned up at the end of the night and packed away for us. Honestly, she couldn't' have done a better job. If you are at all considering hiring Tammara to help with your big day- DO IT. I promise you'll be so happy you did! Thanks so much, Tammara- you made our day so special!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Grand Jour Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Your wedding was amazing and you were a dream bride to work with!

Alexandra · Married on 08/05/2017

Having a DOC was the best thing I could've done for myself on the wedding day! Christine was awesome and everyone commented on how great she was! It was such a relief to not have to worry about anything because I knew shew would take care of it!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Lance · Married on 06/17/2017

Grand Jour Events was by far the best decision we ever made for our wedding. We had our weddings a few weekends ago. The value was great for the wedding planners and Katrina and Christine were amazing! They set up our entire ballroom for us and went above and beyond our expectations. They left us alone during the evening and took care of everything ensuring we had a great time! Katrina is such a pleasure to work with and we both we so happy with their professionalism and service. We definitely would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Claudia · Married on 06/17/2017

Tamara and her assistant were excellent. As the mother of the bride, I left everything in her hands and felt like I was a guest at my daughter's wedding. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Grand Jour Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! It was an amazing wedding! Thank you for letting me be part of the big day!

Kayla · Married on 10/23/2016

I was hesitant to hire a coordinator but it was one of the best decisions I made! Tammara and her crew made the day go so smoothly and made it possible for me to focus on having a great time.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2016

I don't even know where to begin!! Tammara was a gem sent my way!!! First of all, the floral arrangements that she did were out of this world AMAZING!!!! I provided inspirations to Tammarra of what I wanted for my bouquet and it turned out better than I could have ever thought!!!! Seriously, if I could provide pictures on this review, Tammara and her team would be taking over the wedding game!!!! We also used Tammara as our DOC (day of coordination) and she was aways availaabe for any questions or comments. I am type Z personality where I am super disorganized and all over the board but Tammara was able to keep everything organized and had me fill out worksheets. She also went out of her way to do somethings that aren't really listed as a DOC, such as take my crazy dogs to my parents house after the ceremony. Tammara and her assistant (sorry, I forget her name ??) made our day run smoothly and everything was beautiful. If you are looking for a professional, reliable, talented and creative florist and wedding planner/coordinator, look no further, Tammara is your girl!!! Thank you again!!!??

Sent on 10/08/2016

Grand Jour Events's reply:

It was so great working with you! Everything was amazing!

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

Grand Jour Events did amazing at my wedding. They did the flowers and I have to stay that was one of my favorite things about my wedding. They were easy to email back at front. I sent pictures of what flowers I wanted, and they sent examples back. I was so happy to see them on my wedding day. They showed up right on time and it was just amazing

Sent on 10/09/2017

Meghan · Married on 08/06/2016

Tammara was the best thing to happen to my wedding! She was amazing every step of the way and my husband and I could not have been happier with our choice in hiring Grand Jour Events! Tammara and her assistant went above and beyond for us the day of the wedding and she was so accommodating through the whole process.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Tammara at Grand Jour events was wonderful to work with for day of coordination for my July 2016 wedding. I live in Boston but got married in Michigan where I grew up. She was very helpful with recommending vendors, and communicating in a timely manner via email. Tammara has great spreadsheets that she has her clients fill out in the weeks before the wedding, in order to come up with a thorough and cohesive day of timeline. She follows up with all of the vendors the week before the wedding and communicates the timeline--taking all of that work and worry away from the bride, which was great! Everything went perfectly the day of, and she packed up everything at the end of the night and into the proper vehicles. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding! I highly recommend Tammara and Grand Jour events. The cost was reasonable compared to other event coordinators as well. I wish I had hired Tammara to plan my whole wedding--and hired her for floral services as well! She really can do it all!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2016

My sister used Tammara and her team for her wedding a year before mine and she recommended that I hire her as well, so I did and it was the best decision I made. She did all my flowers and the day of coordinating. Tammara helped me plan for things on my wedding day that I otherwise would not have known to plan for. She was quick to respond to all emails and any questions I had. Tammara and one of her team members set up the reception, helped with all the timing during the day and any issues that may have occurred, and took everything down as well. Her floral arrangements were everything I wanted, and more. She is the best to work with and I would recommend her 100% to any bride!

Sent on 08/14/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

I can't say enough great things about Tammara! I actually hugged her at the very end of the day on my wedding when she came to collect her vases! Flower decor was very important to me for my wedding, but I was very indecisive about what I wanted. Tammara was always very accommodating when I would change my mind on what I wanted for my centerpieces, and had SO many great tips for how we could stay within our budget. Tammara was sweet, professional, and dependable. I'm thrilled that we used her company for our big day. You won't be dissapointed if you hire her!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Karli · Married on 05/29/2016

Tammara was seriously great! I was on the fence on whether I wanted to hire a day-of-coordinator or not, but I'm so happy I did. She responded to emails and calls when I had questions, and her tools/forms for us to fill out were super easy! There was one pretty decent mistake I made for the day of, I forgot to give her the list of table names that correlate to the venue table numbers, but Tammara and her assistant made it work until I arrived to the reception site, discreetly and calmly described to me the issue, and then resolved it with little work or worry from me! I found her service invaluable, not only for planning, but also as insurance that my wedding day would be worry free!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Kelley · Married on 11/14/2015

Tammara and the Grand Jour events team were phenominal! Our flowers were beautiful and our guests loved the centerpieces. Tammara is a total professional and her prices were fantastic. The quality of her work is amazing and I will definitely recommend her to friends in the future!

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • Elissa

Elissa · Married on 10/17/2015

While I'm still in the midst of wedding planning as our wedding isn't until 10/17/15, Tammara and Stephanie have been so helpful, calming, and most of all: easy to reach. They've provided awesome resources for planning, vendors, and ideas on planning our very very DIY wedding.

Sent on 03/08/2015

It was wonderful working with you! Thanks for the review!

Tammara was the most amazing person to work with during my wedding. She made everything go smoothly. There were times I felt like I was doing something wrong or needed to be doing something and she always found time to talk to me and put me on the right path. She took care of EVERYTHING crying babies, missing vases she handled everything and I did not even know anything was wrong until after. The night was flawless because of her. If I had to choose my favorite vendor of my entire wedding it would be Grand Jour events.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Grand Jour was an absolute pleasure to work with. I worked with Christine as a Day of Coordinator (who also answered some other questions along the way!). She took care of everything with setup and tear down and everything in between.

I also used Grand Jour for my flowers. Tammara did an absolutely phenomenal job. We went back and forth for weeks with all of my indecisiveness, and in the end, she took the vision from my head and made it real.

I would use GJE again for any other party that I might have, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2015

• User5419567 · 2+ years ago

We hired Tammara based on a recommendation from a friend. Our wedding was at a our friend's farm which meant we had to bring in vendors to cover everything--tables and chairs, DJs, caterers, bars, etc etc. Being that I plan events for a living I didn't really need anyone to coordinate all that for me. However, that was the last thing I wanted to do on my actual wedding day, so I decided to hire a day of coordinator who could be our point person through it all.

Tammara made the whole process so smooth. I provided all my vendor contacts and she checked in with them the week of to make sure everything was set. She sent me worksheets which made the timeline and the ceremony structure easy to plan. I went into the day feeling stressed (of course! I stress about everything!) but also confident in knowing the day was going to great.

The day of Tammara and Stephanie were excellent. They helped make sure the catering, bar and all the other odds and ends else went smoothly, helped move decor, etc. They even cleaned up post wedding and loaded all the gifts and some decor pieces in my car. The next day when my husband and I went back to the space to finish clean up we were delighted to find that we didn't have to do a darn thing other than load up the rest of the boxes (that they had filled with the rest of the wedding decor and misc. wedding items in the car) and the linens. After all the set up, the stress leading up to it and of course all the fun from the day of I was absolutely exhausted the day after and was so grateful for the easy clean up that I cried tears of relief on my drive back home.

Also, and most importantly for many, her prices are incredibly reasonable. Especially given the time she spends with each client and how well she does her job. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and I highly recommend that you do too, should you be in the market for an event coordinator.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Because we were planning long distance and doing nearly all the wedding a la carte, my wife and I knew we would need a day of coordinator to pull it all off--and we couldn't be more pleased with the service we received from Grand Jour Events! Christine and Tammara made everything easy for us through constant, responsive communication, helping us find vendors for some of the more unique aspects of the wedding, and of course setting up and cleaning up our ceremony and reception.

When our caterer showed up with the wrong color table cloths and napkins 2 hours before the reception was scheduled to begin, they jumped into action, assisting the caterer in calling around to find the right color. And sure enough by the time the reception began, everything was perfect! I really cannot speak highly enough of their professionalism and flexibility. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Brittany Williamson · Married on 08/28/2015

Above and beyond!

So great to work with! Professional, prompt, knowledgeable. Many compliments on flowers from my wedding. Have recommended to many people since my wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Rob and Lisa · Married on 08/01/2015

Tammara and her team did an amazing job on our florals and coordination of our outdoor home wedding. All of our flowers were gorgeous and Tammara was there every step of the way via email if I had any questions and came to our home to walk through everything with us. She made sure everything went off without a hitch. There were a few hiccups and I didn't even know about them until after. I would HIGHLY recommend Tammara and her team!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Amy · Married on 07/26/2015

Could not have planned this wedding without her! Tammara and her staff are so amazing! The flowers that they did for my reception decor were amazing! They set up the whole reception and I was beyond amazed! She took care of everything and because my wedding was on Mackinac Island she helped send back boxes with all our reception decor. You need her, trust me! She will help with every little detail and will help set up your ceremony/reception beautifully!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2015

We worked with Katrina (and then Stephanie on the actual day of the wedding). She was wonderful and met every request we gave her. Both she and the owner Tammara are professional yet kind. Also, we decided to run our wedding later, and Katrina and Stephanie happily staying until 3:00a.m. cleaning everything up. The place was spotless when we woke up the next morning. Working with Katrina was a 100% positive experience and the best money we spent on our entire wedding!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/27/2015

I cannot thank Tammara and Stephanie enough for their help on my wedding day. Grand Jour provided my flowers and wedding coordination - my flowers were stunning. Tammara really has an eye for this and my bouquets and centerpieces were absolutely everything that I could have asked for. I was honestly blown away. Through the planning process Tammara was on to every detail, helping me plan and making sure nothing was left to chance. She went back and forth with me via email to make sure everything was perfect and exactly as I wanted it. The weather on my wedding was a complete disaster and the caterer/rental company that we worked with made a few set up mistakes. Tammara and Stephanie were running around like crazy in 60 mph winds and rain to reset everything under the tent while still making sure everything was running on time and making sure that I was unaware of all of the craziness behind the scenes. I really cannot put into words the extent of my gratitude for them - my wedding would honestly not have happened if it were not for their hard work and dedication on that day. Thank you!!! - Jennifer and Justin

Sent on 08/11/2015