53 Reviews for Grand Hotel

Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Lighting/Sound (2)
Shuttle (1)
52 Grand Hotel Reviews

Our wedding at the Grand Hotel was an absolute dream come true! When my bride and I turned the corner to enter our reception in the Grand Pavilion, our jaws dropped when we witnessed just what Marty, Laurie, and all their incredibly talented staff had brought to life for us. Every last detail, from the centerpieces down to the arrangement of our special order up-lights, exceeded our wildest expectations. And when it came to planning the big event, we could ask for no better partner than Marty. Her experience shines through and through, and with her helping you plan your special day you can feel confident knowing you're in good hands. We would have been absolutely lost without her skills and amazing positive energy. Planning any aspect of your special day with the Grand Hotel will give you and your guests the true Mackinac Island experience, and a truly special day you will remember for the rest of your life.

Photo for Grand Hotel Review - Centerpiece for the  made by Margaret's Garden
Photo for Grand Hotel Review - Centerpiece for the head table made by Margaret's Garden
Photos
Profile Picture Patrick, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

A dream- that is how I would describe our wedding at the Grand. We could not have asked for a better place to get married. Everything from the staff, the food, the room, the setting, the attention to detail- everything was perfect. It surpassed all of our expectations. Marty Davis was beyond helpful and gave us the wedding we had always hoped for. It was spectacular.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 10/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough about Marty Davis and the Grand Hotel! The service they provided for my daughter's wedding was outstanding - no detail was left undone! The weather was not cooperating and Marty worked so hard to make sure our daughter had her dream of getting married outdoors on the front porch of the Grand. It was a lot of extra work to make that happen but Marty didn't blink an eye and the ceremony was everything my daughter and her fiancée had dreamed it would be! In addition, Margaret's Garden did an amazing job with the flowers. They were simply beautiful and the bouquets stunning!! The reception was held at Chalet at the Woods and it was a perfect location. From the beautiful views to the delicious food to the excellent service, I can't imagine a better location. And, sending the newlyweds off in a beautiful horse-drawn carriage after the reception, was truly a magical moment. As the Mother of the Bride, I was able to relax and enjoy the day because I knew Marty had everything under control. The whole day seemed like a fairy tale and we can't thank Marty and the entire staff of the Grand for making our daughter's and son-in-law's wedding day everything they had dreamed of and more!

Profile Picture Kim, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake

We can't thank Marty and her team for our amazing ceremony on the front porch at the Grand and our incredible bouquets. We had a rainy start to our wedding day, but the weather held off for the afternoon ceremony, and the porch was truly magical for us and for our guests. Marty takes care of everything before and on the big day, and does so with such a positive attitude and knows how to get it done efficiently and professionally. We both grew up going to Mackinac Island during the summers as children, and getting married at the Grand Hotel was a dream come true. Highly recommend the Grand as a wedding venue!

Profile Picture User6552463, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Event Planning

The Grand Hotel is the most beautiful location for your fairy tale wedding!! The Grand helped make my wedding even more beautiful, perfect, and special then I ever could have imagined for our wedding day!! I will forever be blessed and thankful to have gotten the opportunity to say “I do” on the porch of the Grand Hotel!!

Photo
Profile Picture Katie , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married in the Grand Hotel Tea Garden and had a reception in The Cottage Restaurant on September 30, 2017 and it was truly magical. Marty (the wedding planner) is incredible. She made the experience completely stress-free so we could fully enjoy our special day. Everything was perfect. I wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

We've been going to Grand Hotel for years and thought that we should share it with our immediate family. The wedding coordinator took care of everything we asked and since it was a destination wedding, that was greatly appreciated. Even without meeting with her and Margaret's Garden, everything was as we imagined and amazing!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Excellent! The quality of service is unsurpassed. From Marty Davis the wedding planner, Laurie at Margaret's Garden, and the stylists in Astor's Salon they went up and beyond to make our day perfect. The dinner was superb as you would get in a fine dining establishment. We received so many compliments on the food and our wedding cake that was done by their chefs. The entire staff at the hotel makes you feel like royalty. If you have never been to Mackinac Island or the Grand Hotel you are truly missing a unique experience. I only wish we could do it all over again! Will certainly plan on returning in the future.

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Grand Hotel has been a family tradition for my husband since he was a young boy. And nowI can say its mine too! This is where our love story began, with numerous visits, surprised engagement, and finally a over the top wedding! Grand Hotel and their staff always welcomes you home and that truly is how we feel each and every time we visit. Marty, the wedding cooridator was outstanding. She never let us down. Everything that was discussed happened the way we wanted. She took all the stress away. What I would say to couples looking for a over the top location for their wedding, is you will never find a more magical memorable place for the most special day of your lives! And now, we will add another event each year, our wedding anniversaries.

Profile Picture renee, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We celebrated our 10-year vow renewal on Mackinac Island and, even though it was an intimate event, Marty did a wonderful job coordinating everything- the hair and makeup appointment at Astor’s, the flowers from Margaret’s Garden, the cake, the carriage ride to and from the church, the dinner, the toast, etc. Marty asked us what we wanted and made it happen, setting our mind at ease and allowing us to enjoy the occasion instead of stressing over details. The Grand Hotel is a great venue; they have it all and is a gorgeous setting for a wedding or vow renewal!

Profile Picture E, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Cake

We had a very small (14 guests) ceremony on Monday, August 7, 2017 on the West Porch. I truly cannot even begin to describe how incredible the experience was. Marty Davis, the dedicated coordinator/miracle worker/counselor, made sure everything went smoothly, from planning to actually walking down the aisle. She handled every small detail, answered every question that happened to pop into my mind (and never made me feel like less of a priority just because our wedding was small and budget-conscious).

To be married at such a historic and beautiful venue with the Mackinac Bridge as our backdrop was something we will never forget (...in part because the photos are breathtaking and we can't wait to display them)!

Truly, if you're considering a wedding on Mackinac Island, I cannot recommend Grand Hotel more - whether it's a full event, only a ceremony or reception, or even just a cake/bouquet/other service, you won't be disappointed. Marty is like a fairy godmother, but with a far better sense of humor.

Profile Picture Ciara, 8/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning

We cannot say enough good things about getting married at the Grand Hotel! Marty, the wedding planner for the hotel, is amazing; she made planning the wedding so easy and made sure everything went perfectly during the event. Laurie, the manager of the flower shop, is also amazing; she and her team work with you to turn any idea you have into the most beautiful arrangements for your ceremony and reception. We were married in the tea garden and then did our cocktail hour in the Cupola Bar and had dinner in the Cottage Restaurant, and got so many compliments on the gorgeous setting/decor and wonderful food/service. The food was awesome; we would highly recommend doing the Grand Reception during cocktail hour (all of our guests loved the food and still talk about the crab rangoon!). The Grand also gives a significant discount on rooms for wedding guests so it ends up being a perfect destination wedding as you really get to enjoy a whole weekend with your guests (and-as a side note-the breakfasts that are included are also awesome!).

Profile Picture James, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding at the Grand Hotel in the Tea Garden was exceptional. The experience started and ended with Marty, our wedding planner, who was both timely and kind throughout. We wanted all ages to feel involved so our harpist learned how to play the Super Mario Bros theme for when the kids walked down the aisle during the ceremony. The adults enjoyed the charm of the Grand Hotel and the unique atmosphere of Mackinac Island. We look forward to visiting Mackinac Island and the Grand Hotel in the future to celebrate our anniversaries. Thank you again to Marty and everyone involved at the Grand Hotel who made our wedding memorable and enjoyable.

Doug & Jen

Profile Picture Doug, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

As soon as we walked into Grand Hotel I knew it was our wedding spot. Marty Davis, the hotel wedding coordinator, made that dream come true, and made it all happen seamlessly! From booking the date to paying the final bill, and absolutely every detail in between, Marty was wonderful! She made sure I covered every aspect of the planning (helping with flowers from their in house florist, Margaret's Garden and hair & makeup at Astor's Salon), and kept me laughing during it all. As if Grand Hotel and it's staff were not magical enough, Marty's efforts and planning made us feel like we were the most important guests at the hotel. Grand Hotel is the perfect wedding location. The food was delicious, presentation was perfect, service was amazing, and of course the venue itself is beautiful. And I need to write an entire review for Margaret's Garden because the flowers were amazing! Laurie knew right away what I was looking for, met with us to go over the details and let me peek at the flowers when they arrived! They were gorgeous! With so many options for celebrating, the elegance of it all, and tons of activities for our guests to enjoy, it was an awesome wedding weekend! We loved it and can't wait to go back!

Profile Picture DeEtta, 7/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning

Everything was Perfect! Our luncheon reception, held at The Gatehouse Gazebo, was classy and completely tailored to our vision! They were professional, organized and flexible. The flower shop, Margaret’s Garden, worked with them hand in hand to deliver and arrange everything exactly how we had hoped! The food was phenomenal! The staff was super accommodating and polite throughout our whole experience. I HIGHLY recommend working with the Grand Hotel. They are the epitome of class.

Profile Picture Amelia, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Chairs, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My beautiful bride and I recently became one during the 2016 "Somewhere in Time" weekend! It was truly a magical experience that was a perfect complement to our engagement behind the Hollywood sign! We couldn't have been happier with the beautiful views from our suite, or the exemplary services provided by Marty Davis and the Grand Hotel staff throughout!

Originally, we had anticipated getting married in 2017. But we had a change of heart that was skillfully handled by Marty Davis and her staff. They flawlessly executed our agreed upon plan, and even some details that were sprung upon them at the last minute. Somehow, Marty was even able to get the weather to cooperate with us for an outdoor wedding in October!

The Grand Hotel is a very romantic venue situated on a picturesque island that is a reminder of simpler times. From the sounds of horses hooves pulling carriages, to the spectacular views of Lake Michigan, to the ambiance of the Grand Hotel itself, one will luxuriate in the opulence of this venue. If one's desire is to create a beautiful, lifetime memory, please contact Marty to begin planning that special day!

Profile Picture Bob, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A dream come true!

I feel incredibly thankful and fortunate that I was blessed to have my wedding on the porch at Grand Hotel, and that Marty the wedding coordinator was there every step of the way. After trying to plan a wedding in my hometown, planning this wedding with her by my side was a piece of cake! Everything went off without a hitch, the weather was perfect, and the grounds, scenery, and the hotel itself were like something out of a storybook.

We had our reception at The Gate House and our guests were thrilled with their options, and the food and drinks were delightful.

I'm not exaggerating when I say my wedding day was truly a dream come true, and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. My husband and I were extraordinarily impressed and hope to make a tradition out of visiting on anniversaries and with our own little family someday! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Carrie, 10/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Grand Hotel's Gate House, and it was seamlessly planned with the help of the Grand's wedding coordinator Marty. Planning a dinner - from the food, drinks, and flowers - from so far away was made as easy as possible with Marty's expertise, quick responses, and professionalism. We had a perfect dinner, and the guests loved the food. The staff were also kind and attentive to all of our needs. My bridal suite was also at the Grand, and the gorgeous room and service was the cherry on top of a wonderful weekend. One of their named rooms was the perfect place for my bridesmaids and I to get ready in. My mother, maid of honor and I also had our hair done at Astor's Salon, and we love our experience. We even had coffee and breakfast in the salon to enjoy as our hair was done. I wouldn't change a thing, and I highly recommend the Grand's services.

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We recently got married at the Grand Hotel Stables. The view from the center of the stables is amazing and the older carriages add a unique touch. Even tho we are from Mackinac Island, having Marty, the wedding coordinator, was great. She is an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very prompt on answering all questions and last minute changes. She is very professional. The staff was a pleasure to work with as all. From the coordinators and stable staff to the ladies in Margaret's Garden. We received lots of compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was in the Stables and how wonderful the flowers were. I would recommend the Grand Hotel & their ceremony locations to anyone looking to get married on Mackianc Island. A big thank you to the staff for making sure our special day was amazing!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Chairs, Shuttle, Accommodations, Event Planning, Indoor

This was truly our Fairy Tale Wedding we had only been able to dream about. Grand Hotel was the perfect destination to celebrate our wedding and can't begin to give them the accolades they truly deserve. We decided to get married at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island for the small island and iconic experience only Grand Hotel can provide and everything on all levels exceeded any expectation we may have had. Marty was our wedding coordinator and I think she just has to be about the greatest coordinator out there! Marty literally can do it all with such professional and personal customer service! We only had four months to plan the wedding and I really didn't have much to do - Marty, you are amazing!! Her suggestions on the few things I did need to decide on were spot on! Everything she did was perfectly executed and there was nothing she wouldn't do to make our experience just absolutely perfect. I also want to give a major shout out to Margaret's Garden as well. Laurie is truly a bouquet genius and truly made me the most stunning bouquet I have ever seen! Being from Maui I really wanted an orchid tropical bouquet and Laurie went out of her way to order the most stunning flowers I have ever seen and couldn't tell me enough how excited she was to create a one of a kind orchid bouquet! Her artistry and aesthetic had so much genuine pride in what she created! Astor’s Salon was also great and everyone loved all of their hair and makeup. There is no amount of thanks I can give to Grand Hotel, Marty and Laurie. To put it all in perspective, when anyone found out I was getting married while we were on Mackinac Island, they all asked why I was so calm and not stressed out at all - Thank you to Marty at Grand Hotel to keep her Brides only focused on her wedding and marrying her one and only and giving us the Fairy Tale Wedding we wanted! We just can’t wait to come back and celebrate our anniversaries with Grand Hotel.

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

When my fiancé and I decided to look at venues on the island for our wedding, it was a childhood dream come true to discover that we could afford the Grand Hotel for the small, intimate ceremony and reception that we had envisioned.

From the beginning, the hotel's wedding coordinator Marty was extremely friendly and responsive. She worked with us and our budget even though we were not the "grandest" wedding, and it could not have been easier or turned out better. Seriously, in the months leading up people would ask me with a worried face how the wedding planning was going, and I had to shrug, smile, and say that there was not much for us to do - Marty was taking care of everything!

Laurie and the other staff at Margaret's Garden were more than happy to customize the flowers for us. As two grooms we did not need the bridal bouquet that the "romantic package" includes; we did stick with the classic white hydrangeas and roses although other options were available. We also added a centerpiece for our dinner. All the flowers turned more beautiful than I could have imagined!

From the moment of our arrival, the experience and level of service were top-notch. Our room was gorgeous, the delivery of our luggage perfectly timed, and there were even a few little surprises to make us feel extra special.

We had our ceremony on the west end of the porch in the mid-afternoon and then enjoyed the cake (traditional white cake with lemon buttercream filling - delicious!) and Champagne right there on the porch, as we mingled with our guests and took some more pictures. We then had dinner at the nearby Gate House, where we had booked a private room, and it was also wonderful.

Needless to say, I could not recommend a Grand Hotel wedding more. I only wish I could have Marty plan every event for me and my husband!

Profile Picture Andrew, 8/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Wedding Cake

I am from Texas and had never heard of Mackinac Island or Grand Hotel before I met my husband. From the beginning of our relationship, he went on and on about the magic of the island and how picturesque it is. I google Grand Hotel and immediately fell in love. I knew that he was the one and Grand Hotel was where I wanted the reception, specifically the Theatre.

Marty, the wedding coordinator at Grand Hotel, was so easy to work with. Again, being from Texas, she made the planning a breeze. From booking the venue, to the final table count, Marty was always in constant communication, making sure we got exactly what we wanted.

The design of a Grand Hotel wedding is basically a one stop shop. They had options for food, cake, music, and flowers. It was all delicious and beautiful, as well as stress free! Thank you Grand Hotel for making our wedding day truly memorable!

Profile Picture Julia, 7/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Indoor, Accommodations, Cake, Lighting/Sound

My husband and I could not be more grateful to The Grand Hotel and their staff- who put on the most beautiful reception for us! Our wedding was better than we ever could have imagined- everything ran so smoothly and it was truly perfect! The food and cake were delicious, the flowers were stunning and the staff could not have been more accommodating throughout the entire planning process! Thank you guys so much for truly making our dreams come true :)

Profile Picture Christine, 7/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

If you are considering getting married on Mackinac Island, I wouldn't go anywhere else. The Grand Hotel did everything absolutely perfect - the planning beforehand was very organized. Marty Davis, the only wedding coordinator there, is amazing! She makes sure every detail is taken care of, and then some! Even though we only had 17 people at our wedding she made us feel like we had hundreds - everything was so special for us and carefree once we got there. I didn't have to worry about anything. The florist let us keep our flowers from the rehearsal dinner all the way up to the breakfast after the wedding and moved them for us at no cost. The hair stylist and makeup artist at Astor's Salon didn't mind touching up my hair/makeup before I left, and said I could come back again later if needed. Marty set up and packed up all of my table decorations perfectly. She accidentally ordered a nicer cocktail reception but didn't charge us for it. She was always there when she needed to be. I just can't say anything bad about our wedding at the Grand - it was absolutely perfect and I would do it all over again if I could!

Profile Picture Arlene, 7/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs