Grace + Ivory Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Jocelyn
    Jocelyn K. Getting married on 09/04/2022

Amazing and I HIGHLY recommend

Went to Grace + Ivory yesterday to look for my wedding dress. I was super nervous because I hadn’t been finding my dress and so I didn’t know what to expect. I went to their new brick and mortar shop and it was so cute! It was a spacious loft vibe with all the dresses hung up. I was the only one there so I had it all to myself. I worked with Alyssa who helped me figure out which style and colors I liked. She was super sweet and took pics/videos for me to send to my family. When I FaceTimed my mom and sister Alyssa helped me out and showed the dress to them for me. I was able to try on all the dresses I wanted and didn’t feel rushed or pressured into deciding right then and there. Towards the end of our appointment Tina came in and spoke with me about all the ways we could alter and customize my dress.

I actually found my perfect dress there and am SO excited about it! It is everything I was looking for and more!

Also, you’re uncomfortable going into their store, you can go on their website and have them send dresses to you to try on. All their dresses are shown on the website so you can see what your options are.

Other details to note:
    - dresses are really reasonably priced at $2,200 or less
    - they can customize the dress in whatever way you need
    - the dresses are customized to fit you perfectly
    - they said they take about 4-6 months to get the dress made

All in all it was the exact experience I was hoping to have with dress shopping and I highly recommend them!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Found my dream dress without having to walk into a store!

I was planning a last-minute elopement in 1.5 months, and Grace + Ivory made it possible for me to find my dream dress! They went out of their way to talk to me personally about my timeline and made it possible for me to try on a couple of their dresses at home and ultimately purchase one of their dresses. AMAZING quality, AMAZING design, and AMAZING customer service. I had been VERY stressed about finding the perfect dress, but Grace + Ivory made everything manageable.

On the day of the wedding, I felt gorgeous in my dress. My husband cried at our first look photos, and I thank my dress for it! A lot of my friends were also amazed that I was able to purchase such a beautiful dress online, and it totally changed all of our opinions on dress shopping. Even some friends whom I hadn't talked to in years contacted me on Facebook to ask where I got my dress! I highly, highly recommend Grace + Ivory. They will help you find your dream look.

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Jennifer! We are so happy that we were able to help you with finding the perfect dress for your big day, and that it was a less stressful and more manageable. We're here to support in how we can and so happy to work with you. Congrats to you and your husband!
    Elle P. Getting married on 03/05/2022

Gorgeous Veil!

I received a custom veil from Grace & Ivory, and I'm in love with it!!! It looks so beautiful and matches my dress so beautifully :) I would 100000% recommend them to any bride looking for a gorgeous veil for her wedding day!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Elle - thank you for your feedback and kind words! It was great to make you a custom veil and happy it exceeded expectations. Best wishes and congrats!
    Warm regards,
  • Pamela
    Pamela E. Married on 09/03/2021

High Quality Wedding Dress

Grace + Ivory creates gorgeous detailed wedding dresses! They were super responsive via email to any questions I had, made scheduling a fitting easy and provided a wonderful experience while trying on their dresses. I found the dress best suited to my shape and style and couldn't be happier!!
  • Jackie
    Jackie N. Married on 12/08/2020

Beyond Expectations

I worked with Tina to design my dream dress, which was not hard considering her gorgeous suite of dresses that are all customizable. I got to see her dresses first hand at a pop-up and she was so attentive right off the bat. The fabrics were stunning and I was immediately drawn to the silk used in the Elise, a fabric that would have cost a fortune if purchased off the rack. She took my measurements and within a few days, I had a sketch in hand straight from Tina and her dressmaker tailored to my body. Her response time was incredibly fast and she provided updates along the way, essential for an anxious bride! My dress was not only unique but timeless. I could not have dreamed of a better experience from start to end.

Hi Jackie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved working with you on your wedding dress and thank you for sending amazing photos as well. Congrats again to you and your husband.
  • Lucy
    Lucy S. Married on 11/06/2020

Can't stop getting compliments on my dress!

In August 2019, I entered a Grace + Ivory pop-up store for some preliminary wedding dress research. Literally the first dress I tried on was the one I wanted to be married in, and I left the store with my measurements taken and my dress ordered! I love Grace + Ivory's made-to-measure model. My dress fit so well when it arrived, needing minimal adjustments by the time my wedding came around in November 2020. The dress was easy to put on and take off, didn't require any special underthings, and the design was unique and stunning. The tulle layers did end up feeling heavy, but I think that comes with the territory. So pleased with my decision to choose this vendor!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Lucy, thank you for your kind words and it was wonderful working with you to make your Nia dress for your big day! Congrats to you and your partner on your recent wedding! xo, Tina
  • Toni
    Toni O. Married on 10/13/2020

Excellent experience

There are so many great things to say about Grace + Ivory! I started wedding dress shopping in March 2020 right before the shutdown. I went to 4 bridal salons near me and was feeling so defeated with how the dresses looked on me. Dress shopping in general is really difficult for my body frame as I am a petite 5'1" broad shoulder gal. Once covid happened, I started to search for other dresses online and social media. That is when I came across Grace + Ivory! I am so happy I did. I ordered two dresses and fell in LOVE with one. My dress fit perfectly and I didn’t even need alterations! If you like custom made to measure bridal dresses, personable customer service, gorgeous dresses, cute packaging and a safe try it on at home experience then give Grace+Ivory a try. Thank you Grace + Ivory for my dream wedding dress and the incredible shopping experience.

Hi Toni!
    Thank you so much for your kind words and we are honored to have worked with you to make your dress for your big day. We're so happy to have made your experience incredible, which is what we strive to do! Congrats and best wishes to you!
    Warmly,
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie L. Married on 09/11/2020

Amazing!!!

I had the most wonderful experience working with Tina at Grace + Ivory. Their dresses are gorgeous with such amazing quality! Tina was incredibly organized, kind and supportive and has wonderful insight into the wedding dress world. Tina was always quick to communicate and was incredibly thorough in answering all of my (many) questions. She also offered up great ideas and perspective on helping me find the perfect dress. Not only is the mission and philosophy behind Grace and Ivory wonderful, but so is their ability to make women feel empowered and excited to find the right wedding dress for them! Highly recommend!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! We're glad we could be over service and happy to hear you loved our Kefira dress. Congrats!
  • Allahna
    Allahna Married on 10/04/2019

Great dress, service and mission!

I happened upon Grace + Ivory during one of their pop-up shops in DC, and I am so happy that I did. The quality and selection of dresses was noticeably better than the other bigger shops I had visited. I was so pleased with my dress, and even got compliments on the dress from strangers while we were out taking pre-wedding photos. Tina, the owner, was also great and super responsive to emails even after purchasing the dress. Finally, I love that a portion of the proceeds go to Plan International's The Girl's Fund.

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Allahna, this reply is late but very heartfelt. Thank you for trusting us with your bridal gown and it was so fun to create! Congrats again and we hope you're doing well. Best wishes, Tina
  • Leslie
    Leslie Married on 10/01/2019

Dream Dress, Dream Design Experience

I want to wear my wedding dress again and again and again... That’s how much I love it and the entire process of creating it with Grace + Ivory!

The feeling of envisioning my dress and then having every single detail of it realized without spending a fortune is something I‘ll appreciate forever. I get nonstop compliments from people who then gasp when they find out what I paid for the perfect custom dress. The quality and workmanship were top tier and the personalized service far exceeded what I found in the most high end bridal boutiques.
    I’d give Grace + Ivory a million stars if I could!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Leslie! It was so fun working with you on your custom, made-to-measure dress. I'm so happy you were thrilled with the results and we love all the photos. Thanks for sharing them with us and congrats again! xo, Tina
    Karen Married on 09/28/2019

Gorgeous custom dresses!

I first heard about Grace + Ivory from a friend who told me about a popup they were doing at Ezra Paul in Washington DC in Feb. 2019. I was initially drawn in by the gorgeous, unique styles on their website and was impressed at the reasonable prices. I tried on three dresses and the quality of each was impressive (I had gone to several bridal appointments at that point in my search, and the quality was comparable to far more expensive dresses I had tried on at traditional bridal shops). Tina (the owner) was amazing and immediately puts you at ease with her friendly personality and attention to detail. Though I didn't purchase a dress from Grace + Ivory as I ended up falling in love with a dress of a different style elsewhere, it made for a very tough decision and was one of my top choices! However, I did end up being the winner of a drawing for a custom lace-edge veil, which turned out to be absolutely gorgeous with beautiful lace detailing at the edges, and I'm so excited to wear it! At a recent fitting, the seamstress was so impressed she even said that a veil of this quality could easily be $400-600 or more (much higher than the cost of the veil would have been!). So while I didn't find my dream dress there, I've been recommending Grace + Ivory to all of my engaged friends!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Karen, Thank you for your kind words of support! It was wonderful having your try our gowns and your veil looked amazing! xo, Tina
  • Isha
    Isha Married on 09/21/2019

One-of-a-kind dresses for a good cause

Grace & Ivory was a delight to work with. I found the dress of my dreams, and because it's all made to measure, I didn't have to do any drastic tailoring. The company also donates a portion of their profits to an international nonprofit, which I LOVE, and the company itself is still fairly small so I made a connection with the founder herself. If you can't get to their boutique in DC, you can order online - everyone should!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

HI Isha! Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved making our Tabitha dress for you and your support for a women-focused social enterprise. We're currently based in Chicago now but DC brides can still order samples to try via our try-at-home program! Congrats to you and your hubby!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Q. Married on 09/13/2019

The best experience with Grace + Ivory

There are not enough words in the world to say all the amazing things about Tina and Grace + Ivory! Tina was patient with all my questions and concerns, giving suggestions and helping me customize my dream dress. All communication was prompt, even with all the distance between us. My dress was absolutely beautiful and didn’t break the bank. With the many things to worry about when planning a wedding, never once did I worry about my dress!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Michelle! We loved working with you on your Sienna dress and swapping out with a customized skirt design. It made it uniquely yours and the photos are stunning! Thank you, Tina
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 08/18/2019

Everything I could have asked for and more!

Grace + Ivory was a godsend. I found them through a facebook ad early on in our engagement, and had my eye very specifically on the Elise Dress. Nothing else I looked at online compared. I'm located in Virginia, so I made an appointment with the owner, Tina and went with my mom and MIL to do a try-on in DC.

First of all, Tina is so incredibly kind and welcoming. Every question I had was answered with confidence, and I felt so at ease from start to finish with the whole process. Luckily, trying on the dress was even better than I had imagined (for months I stared at it online daily! Haha) and going with G+I for my dress purchase was an obvious choice. Not to mention it was made entirely to my measurements. I spent ZERO dollars on alterations!! Zero!

On top of loving the dress, the company as a whole really spoke to me, personally. It felt good to be supporting an honest and hard-working small business that was woman-owned and that gave back to a great cause. The experience between this and shopping at a big box store was incomparable. Rather than pushing hard to earn a commission, you are treated with respect and encouraged to enjoy every moment of this exciting journey.

I've recommended Grace + Ivory to every single bride I have come across since discovering them for myself. I wouldn't change a thing. Tina, thank you for everything you and your team do!

Brides: Go buy a Grace + Ivory dress!!!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Lindsay! It was magical working with you on your Elise dress. From the moment you put it on and being able to create it for you was wonderful. We're so happy you chose us for your big day! Thank you for supporting our small business and stay in touch. Warmly, Tina
  • Alicia
    Alicia I. Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful dresses & ethical business

Gorgeous, custom-made dresses from a socially and environmentally sustainable company with exceptional customer service!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Alicia! We loved sharing our dresses with you and we hope you enjoyed seeing them for yourself! Thanks for taking the time to hear how we're doing dresses differently with a made-to-measure, custom experience and a women-focused social mission.
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 03/09/2019

My dream dress!

Having my wedding dress created by Grace & Ivory was one of the best decision I made while planning my special day! From the very beginning, Tina was amazingly helpful and supportive - she even allowed me to create my prefect dress by putting together the top and bottom of two separate dresses (specifically, I added the top of the Ava dress to the bottom of the Annette dress, and changed the layers of crinoline and tulle from blush to ivory). The end result was so high quality and luxurious looking, I plan to frame the dress and hang it on my wall someday. Most importantly, Tina made the process personalized, fun and simple - which is exactly what you want when you are in the midst of planning your wedding! I promise, you will not regret choosing Grace & Ivory for your perfectly customized wedding gown!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Maggie! Your creative strapless Ava and Annette skirt combo in champagne looked so amazing and perfect for you. Thank you for having us make your beautiful gown and sharing you photos! Warmly, Tina
  • Katherine
    Katherine L. Married on 10/20/2018

Best decision I made

I am so so so grateful for Grace & Ivory and for the owner Tina! Tina was so accommodating and meticulous. Her responses were quick and thorough. She made sure that I was 100% happy with the final product and I sure was! The Emma dress made me feel like a complete princess and I literally had kids at the wedding calling me a princess too. I recommend this place to everyone!! Don’t sleep on this, go with Grace & Ivory. You won’t regret it!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Hi Kat, Thank you for your kind words! We loved creating your Gemma dress with a custom belt. Congrats again and thank you for choosing Grace + Ivory! xo, Tina
  • Marisa
    Marisa B. Married on 08/17/2018

Beautiful Dress, Amazing Service, Perfect Wedding

We all want that fairy tale moment when we try on our wedding dress, and I had it with just one try! Tina suggested the Tabitha dress, and it was PERFECT! Tina's dress line has a dress for every personality, and she'll work with you to understand what makes you feel and look the best on your most special day. From the minute I picked out the dress, I felt like Tina's only client! She was super responsive, and kept me updated throughout production. Grace+Ivory makes you feel like a queen from day one until your wedding day. I'm not sure where else you can get a custom made dress with the quality of craftsmanship and personal service...and I didn't even try to look elsewhere! I'm so happy that I could wear a Grace+Ivory dress for my most special day.

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Marisa! We loved working with you and so happy you picked our Tabitha dress. You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day. Congrats to you and your hubby.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 08/12/2018
    I wish I could give more than 5 stars for Grace & Ivory!!!!! I tried on EVERY wedding dress in the DC, Virginia, and Maryland area and can honestly say that G&I dresses are more beautiful than all of them!! Working with Tina, the founder of G&I was an absolute treat. She is extraordinarily knowledgeable about her dresses, patient and accommodating to every single request, and a sweet and wonderful young entrepreneur. The customer service was hands down the best I've received in my entire life. You feel like an individual bride with G&I, not another customer on a conveyor belt.

I picked the Sienna dress, which is SO GORGEOUS, but skin tight. Tina did all of my made-to-measure measurements, and warned me that I may need additional alterations (which I did once the dress arrived). She worked with me on finding a person who could do alterations and answered all of my questions throughout the process, even though she had already sold me the dress and her part of the process was over.

Let me also say-- the prices are UNBELIEVABLY reasonable compared to other dresses. You simply cannot find this level of quality at this pricepoint elsewhere. The process of having the dresses made overseas scared me at first, but working with Tina made me realize that I could put my full trust in her and the process. It was such a delight.

Best wedding dresses ever!!!!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Jessica! We loved working with you and you were such a showstopper in our Sienna dress. We're excited to see the pictures! Thank you for trusting us for your wedding dress and congrats again.
    Brittany Married on 08/11/2018
    I had an amazing experience with Grace + Ivory from initially finding and trying on the dress to Tina delivering the dress to me by hand personally to make sure I had it in time for my destination wedding to support with where to get alterations and following up after the wedding and making sure all went well. Beautiful and creative designs that you can't find everywhere - especially not for this price! I got soo many compliments on my dress and it was perfect for my wedding. Highly recommend!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Brittany! It was wonderful creating your gorgeous wedding dress for you. Congrats to you and your husband!
    Ashlee Married on 06/23/2018
    My experience with Grace + Ivory was absolutely amazing! After meeting Tina at one of her popup shops in DC last year, I knew that I had found my wedding gown. She even arranged a fitting with my mom, so I could profoundly say 'Yes to my dress!' Tina was thorough throughout the entire dress making process and I love how much she followed up with me. I would recommend Grace + Ivory to all brides who want a custom experience without the pricey costs that can be associated with purchasing a custom wedding gown!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Ashlee! We loved working with you on your dress and meeting you at our pop-up. Best wishes to you and please keep in touch! xo, Tina
    Dani Married on 01/06/2018

Took the stress out of dress shopping

The convenience of online shopping combined with amazing dresses.

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Dani! It as wonderful having you try our dresses and making you a custom bridesmaid dress. Best wishes, Tina
    Natthamon Married on 07/07/2017
    I've seen all the dresses in person, and they are absolutely stunning. The lace and fabric is high quality just as you would get at top wedding studios in the U.S., and the dresses are extremely well constructed. Highly recommend Grace + Ivory!

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you for coming to see us and our dresses. Your support is appreciated and we're grateful as a small business - referrals and feedback is what keeps us going! xo, Tina
    Kristin Married on 06/21/2017
    I LOVED my Grace + Ivory dress. My design stylist made the process so easy and the dress was gorgeous.

Grace + Ivory's reply:

Thank you Kristin! We loved working with you on your dress, and appreciate your kind words. xo, Tina