Gourmet Gals Catering & Events Reviews

53 | Austin, TX

53 Reviews for Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

Lucinda Pritchard · Married on 03/16/2019

4.2

Had bartending experience that was not good

The food was excellent and the catering service was good. Communications with the staff prior to the wedding was very good. The bartending service did not follow instructions and we're not professional. Would highly recommend using the food service but not the bartending service. Management did reach out to us and a compromise was reached.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Liana

Liana · Married on 01/20/2019

4.2

Could be better...

We had Gourmet Gals as our caterer because it was the default caterer that I had to use for my wedding venue. Most of the communication was via email with Sherri, who is the owner, and she would often take at least a week or more to reply to a simple email. The food during the tasting was great but they were very small portions to barely get a sense of the quality of the food. On the day of the wedding, I felt like the quality of the food was not as great however - it was just okay.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Gourmet Gals Catering & Events's reply:

Liana,
    We are sorry that your experience was not excellent. We do strive to make our complimentary tastings representative of your wedding day experience. I personally apologize for my delay getting to your emails.
    We wish you all the best in your married life.
    Sherri
  • Juanita

Juanita · Married on 04/17/2010

2.5
      3.5
      3.5

I had to use Gourmet guys and gals because they were the official caterer for our venue. Unfortunately, we felt their food was pretty typical wedding food. Granted, we couldn't afford to upgrade our menu too much. We were able to include roasted veggies, chicken, a carving table, etc. But overall - felt the taste was mediocre. They were professional -though not sure how much of that was my venue vs them. The only thing that really bothered us was the inability to get a real tasting set up with them. We could do it - for a fee - or just come by and taste random options that they happened to be making that day. So not sure that is really all that helpful unless you find something new to add to your menu.
    In the end, we had happy guests with full bellies - so I suppose that's what matters!

Sent on 10/10/2010