Gourmet Gals Catering & Events Reviews

41 Reviews for Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

41 Gourmet Gals Catering & Events Reviews
  • Chlee

Chlee · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding food for sure!

Both me and my new husband enjoy cooking so food was a big deal to us. We wanted to make sure our guest had good food that was filling and had great flavor. No one wants boring wedding food. Well, by far our food was not boring! We had several compliments on how tasty everything was and that it was great compared to other weddings they had been to. That made it all worth while! Not to mention the service and pricing was great too! Cassandra made sure it was just how we wanted and worked well with my wedding coordinator too.

Eden · Married on 04/21/2018

Working with Gourmet Gals was the best choice we made for our wedding! Catering is such a huge part of a wedding, and we were beyond relieved when we found Gourmet Gals! They were affordable, accommodating, and all around easy to work with! And lets not forget delicious!! Our guests are still raving about the food! Cymbre helped us answer all our questions, helped us stay on budget, and didn't even blink an eye, when we asked to do another tasting after we changed our minds on a few things. Cymbre also helped direct us on what linens/dishes/glasses to chose. Let's be honest, picking linens is not the most exciting task, but she helped guide us in the right direction. I can't recommend Gourmet Gals enough!! <3 <3

Andrea · Married on 10/29/2016

Gourmet Girls was absolutely fantastic and I'd highly recommend them! My now husband and I are very particular about food and really wanted great food for our wedding - Gourmet Gals delivered. I will admit that we hesitated initially because the food they often serve is typical American or southern/Texas-style food and we were looking for more Asian-fusion style food. We spoke with both the owner Sherrie and Chef Mark on the phone and they listened carefully to our vision. We were completely blown away at our tasting and regretted ever questioning them in the first place. The food at our wedding was fantastic - they captured the Asian-fusion flavors with sake marinated sea bass, char siu beef tenderloin, and lots of delicious vegetables such as a balsamic strawberry salad, crispy brussel sprouts, and french green beans in oyster and sriracha sauces. These may not sound exciting but they really cooked and flavored the veggies to perfection. The sea bass was probably the biggest hit and we received endless compliments about it. The appetizers were also delicious with lots of variety, including watermelon feta skewers, asian crab poppers, lime cilantro shrimp, and chicken satay. Gourmet Gals is so flexible and they can really create anything that you wish - they have endless lists of different things they can make and they're also open to new things and are willing to accommodate almost any request from the client. No matter what type of food you're looking for, definitely give these guys a chance - you won't be disappointed.

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

The food at our wedding was AMAZING. We were able to create our menu from scratch and even have a tasting prior to our wedding. We both had ideas of what we wanted to serve and Gourmet Gals was able to find a way to create a cohesive meal and cover all our wants and needs. All our guests raved about their meal, we're still hearing about it!
    The food was important to us and Gourmet Gals made it happen just as we envisioned. They were so easy going and helpful when I had questions, they made sure everything was perfect!

DELICIOUS!

Julianna · Married on 06/25/2016

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best wedding food I have ever had. We also had several of our guests tell us the same thing. One of our guests liked the food so much, he decided he wanted the same meal at his upcoming wedding. Gourmet Gals makes delicious food and is incredibly accommodating to make it the meal you want. Definitely worth your money!

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2016

We didn't have a choice in caterers as our venue, The Terrace Club only works with Gourmet Gals, but we didn't mind. It meant less work for us! Plus we were given sample menus that all sounded really good.
    I am vegan, but my husband is an omnivore. Gourmet Gals worked with us in every way to put together a menu that made both my husband & me happy!
    I would definitely recommend this caterer for any of your catering needs!

Their service was top notch. We had many comments from friends and family saying that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding.

Love Gourmet Gals! We worked on our menu and pricing with Sherri, who was professional, responsive, and so friendly. To the point, the food was DELICIOUS and our guests raved about it! We did a buffet line style, and everything went smoothly. They were the selected vendor for the Terrace Club, so we didn't have a choice for catering, but we are so glad that we did! They gave us endless options (for meat lovers, vegetarians, you name it) and pricing was extremely reasonable. We would highly recommend them!

Gourmet Gals catered our wedding and were blown away! From the very beginning when we did our tasting, I knew I was in great hands! The chef made sure we were happy with everything on our plate. On the wedding day Delaney and her team did a fantastic job setting up, cooking, serving, bartending, bussing, and tearing down. We received so many compliments about the food and service from our friends!

Hooray for Gourmet Gals!

Delaney is amazing and a total superstar :)

I highly, highly, highly recommend using Gourmet Gals for your wedding. We got married in Hill Country and used Gourmet Gals for our 200ish person wedding. Delaney was with us every step of the way, from planning the menu to day of set up and reassuring us that everything was going to be fine despite the tornado and downpour that hit town the day before. She is cool, calm, collected and very professional.

The food: AMAZING. GG also offers a pretty wide selection of veggie and vegan dishes. The whole thing felt very personal too, which can be hard when you are trying to cater an event for such a large party. You end up thinking it will feel like hotel food, kind of blah and plain and totally unmemorable. Not with this team!

We told Delaney what we were feeling for food and atmosphere and she came back with yummy suggestions and we went from there. Mini fried green tomatoes? Yes! Mini shrimp n' grits? Yes! Sweet potato enchiladas! So good. Beignets after dinner? They were a hit. The entire spread was amazing.

If I could give more than five stars I would!

Thanks again for everything!

• Danita

Danita · Married on 09/20/2015

Incredible... not enough of a review? They went above and beyond my expectations for a caterer. I figured they would bring food, serve it, and clean up. They did so much more. Every crazy desire I had, they fulfilled, and with style. They gave us SO much extra food afterwards that we didn’t need to (although we did) go grocery shopping for the honeymoon cabin. They packed everything we would need for a to go meal (including champagne flutes), knowing that we didn’t have a chance to sit and eat during the reception. The food was all incredible, and they were all so sweet. Great people, fabulous food, exceptional service, all around winning.

Candace · Married on 08/01/2015

You have complete control over your reception menu down to how much spice is in the meat.

Kate · Married on 06/26/2015

We loved working with Gourmet Gals to cater our wedding! We had first met with another catering vendor but I had not been impressed and did not feel comfortable booking with the other vendor. So a few weeks later, we set up another appointment to meet and taste with Gourmet Gals. We were so impressed and the tasting was fantastic! They worked with us on our budget and theme and we created a menu.
    On our wedding day, they decorated the tables that went perfectly with our theme and the food was awesome. The staff was very professional and kept the reception hall very clean. I would highly recommend Gourmet Gals!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Gourmet Gals Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Kate! It was such a pleasure working with you! Your family and guests were fabulous and the wedding was so much fun! We appreciate the recommendation. :) Best wishes!

Sakina · Married on 05/23/2015

We used Gourmet Gals for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and I would highly, highly recommend them! First, the food is absolutely delicious - we had multiple guests from both nights tell us that it was the best catered food they'd ever had. Second, their service is phenomenal. Delaney was so incredibly responsive to my many emails and calls - and she also worked with my (now) mother-in-law to help her with the rehearsal dinner. She was so flexible and accommodating - we had several guests with food allergies (nut allergies, gluten, dairy etc.) and several vegetarian guests - she handled it all flawlessly. The chicken and steak entrees we had were delicious - but the vegetarian entree options Gourmet Gals created for both nights blew our minds - most caterers don't do vegetarian very well - but GG most certainly did! They were super professional - from the servers to the chef, they were all so friendly and on the ball. And - they provided all this amazing food, catering and planning within our budget. I recommend Gourmet Gals without any reservations. Thank you to Delaney and her team for helping make our wedding a huge success!!

Gourmet Gals was a pleasure to work with! From the start they were focused on what we wanted instead of what they wanted.
    The setup was beautiful. The staff on-site were attentive and friendly. The food was delicious. Our guests are still talking about the cheddar biscuits and gouda mashed potatoes!
    They went out of their way to accommodate our requests, even if we weren't having a big, fancy wedding. I wanted halal meals for my parents and they took the initiative to source a local butcher to prepare it for them. We worked with Delaney and Cymbre who were very professional and responsive. They even helped with other details during the wedding. I remember Cymbre, who was at the venue, helping with my dress, making sure it fanned out properly during photographs! (Thank you, Cymbre!)
    These Gals are wonderful and truly enjoy what they do. We also appreciated the Thank You card they sent to us after the wedding. They made our wedding day very special and we're glad they were a part of it!

Holly · Married on 05/02/2015

I sincerely could not recommend Gourmet Gals enough. I talked to so many different caterers that were not willing to work with my budget and vegetarian/vegan restrictions for a certain number of guests. Gourmet Gals was so kind and willing to meet and alter the menu to fit our needs, AND they handled everything so beautifully and professionally the day of. Sherri was waiting for my husband and I right after the ceremony with beers! They even took into account our theme and decorations and added some of their own to the catering tables. If I can brag a little more...so many of our guests came up to us after (and are still saying) that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And it was!

Candace · Married on 09/20/2014

People were blown away by the food at our wedding!!! Process was super simple, and at the tasting we didnt have any changes! Great vendor! Wish we could have that meal more often!!

• I

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2014

We were thrilled with the quality of the food provided at our wedding. Guests were raving (and still are!) about all of the food - especially the appetizers. Brides, be sure your venue has a person appointed to bring appetizers to you while you are taking pictures. Ours did so, and we were so happy not to miss out because the appetizers are little slices of heaven! Our only disappointment was that the herb crusted chicken that was served at the wedding looked and tasted nothing like what was offered at our tasting, however, it was equally delicious and our guests didn't know the difference. Sherri is quick to respond to email and both very kind and patient. She worked hard to plan a menu that reflected us as a couple, and she succeeded! If you are looking for excellent food (not your typical wedding food!), good value, and great service - you've found it at Gourmet Gals!

Kathy · Married on 07/19/2014

Sherri is very easy to work with. She walked us through the whole process as we had no clue what all was involved. She offered advice but was open to our decisions if we wanted to do something she didn't necessarily think was necessary -- like water glasses on the tables. She ordered all the linens, tableware, etc and took advantage of sales. And the food was delicious. And hot! All of our guests commented on how great it was. Her staff was very attentive, serving appetizers and then filling glasses, clearing dishes and serving cake. Sherri was there all evening, overseeing everything. We were so pleased and highly recommend her.

Jenna · Married on 06/21/2014

Gourmet Gals took any stress of planning a destination wedding out of my hands and made our wedding weekend absolutely perfect! They catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception meal as well as coordinated table/linen/etc rentals. These fabulous ladies provided a beautiful layout of incredible food and we received so many compliments from all of our guests about how delicious it was! Even our picky eaters were raving about it. During the reception, Sherri prepared two plates for us, and then even had two huge to-go boxes filled with food from the reception waiting for us in our honeymoon cabin! They were such a treat to work with and we are still talking about how delicious the food was. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Paige · Married on 06/14/2014

As soon as we took our first bite at a tasting, my husband and I knew they would be the ones to cater our wedding. Actually, they catered both the rehearsal and the reception and we couldn't have been happier with the results. I can not tell you how many compliments I received commenting on the food. My only regret is that they didn't play a bigger role in our wedding!! I would have also loved to have their planning services for my wedding.

• Marisa

Marisa · Married on 11/30/2013

I can't say enough great things about Gourmet Gals! Starting from the beginning, Cymbre and Sherri were extremely helpful. They answered all of our questions promptly and worked with our budget and what we envisioned for our wedding day. We were sold after the first bite at the tasting! Everything we tried was so delicious! To this day, I still have wedding guests raving about the food. The Gourmet Gals staff was extremely professional on the wedding day, and we are so glad we chose Gourmet Gals for our wedding! I highly recommend working with Sherri, Cymbre, and their amazing team. Thank you so much!

Holly · Married on 11/02/2013

Gourmet Gals catered my wedding last weekend and the food and service were impeccable! They helped us create a custom menu and gave lots of helpful advice along the way.

Our guests were blown away by the food and most people went back for seconds and thirds. I can't say enough great things about them, I would recommend them to anyone looking to cater an event!

When meeting with Gourmet Gals we had already met with another catering company who we thought we would be going with. Once we met with the staff and started trying their food we knew with out a doubt Gourmet Gals was for us. While writing this review We can actually taste the food all over again. At our tasting the food was great but the day of the wedding it was the best food we have ever had (this still stands true). Our family and friends staying with us after the wedding had no problem helping us finish off the few left overs we took home. Friends of ours just had there wedding 2 months before ours and loved our food more then there own. Everyone is still raving about the food and its been almost 6 months since the wedding. They not only provided our food but all our rentals (even last minute items), set up/break down, bartenders and our day of coordinating. Sherri was spectacular in handling everything day of for us and making our vision come true. Thank you all so much! <3 J&C

Jomel · Married on 09/20/2013

I'm originally from Hawaii and really wanted to incorporate some local food into our wedding. We were a little nervous at first because unless you're from Hawaii and have had the food before, it would be a little difficult to replicate. However, when we found out that the Gourmet Gals chef had previously worked at Kenichi, we felt a little better about giving him this task of Hawaiian cuisine! I did have to go for 2 tastings as everything but one dish was PERFECT. Sherri made the tasting process and communication an easy and wonderful experience! Everything turned out great the night of - our passed hor d'oeuvres were shrimp/pineapple skewers and vegetarian egg rolls. Our reception food was "Shoyu Chicken," "Kalua Pork and Cabbage," "Lomi Lomi Salmon," rice, veggies, and fresh fruits. Thank you again, Gourmet Gals for your patience with me and pulling through with our delicious Hawaiian dinner!