Gourmet Gals Catering & Events Reviews

50 | Austin, TX

50 Reviews for Gourmet Gals Catering & Events

Sabrina Hvizdos · Married on 09/20/2019

The perfect menu for our wedding

My husband and I worked with Gourmet Gals to create a custom menu for our wedding and it was such a great experience! All it took was a quick phone call with Sherri to nail down the menu of our dreams. She totally got what my husband and I were looking for and her expertise was so helpful in creating a cohesive menu that was the right fit for our event. I could not believe how tasty the meal was and we got so many compliments from guests!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 12/08/2018

Our guests raved about our food all night and the next day!

Honestly, Sheri and her team knew exactly what to do for our wedding. We wanted something unique that would bring Mexican and Texan flavors in our menu and Gourmet Gals delivered. We had guests coming up to us all night sharing how amazing the food was. We made a couple of changes and the team was quick to email back and help us. We loved them so much! thank you :)

Sent on 12/16/2018

Jenn,
    Thank you so much. It was great working with you. We love special requests that make the wedding feel like YOU! Best wishes for your married life!!! slw
  • Mónica

Mónica · Married on 11/04/2018

Your taste buds will thank you.

Gourmet Gals was an absolute dream to work with! They had us answer some questions and they were able to come up with a spectacular menu based on our likes. About 6 months to the wedding, we went to do our sample menu tasting and were very pleased with the overall flavor. We had one appetizer to change and it definitely did not disappoint. In fact, it was my favorite appetizer! Our meal was one we truly enjoyed twice on our wedding night! They work very closely with our venue and we left with a to-go plate for my husband an I. I would have them design a menu for me any day, as I know it will not disappoint!

Sent on 01/31/2019

Gourmet Gals Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Monica. We enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best in your married life! Cheers!!!

Helena Finley · Married on 11/03/2018

Just Fantastic

Sheri could not have have been kinder and more accommodating

Sent on 12/06/2018

Lizzie · Married on 10/28/2018

Best team and unbelievable crew!

I can not say enough good things about Cassandra and the Gourmet Gal crew!
    Our venue forgot to change their sprinkler schedule for our morning wedding and the the GG team helped us move the chairs to the new location of the ceremony. Not only that, but they helped us set up all the tables and chairs in the rehearsal hall. Everyone raved about the food at my wedding and the donut wall and donut topping bar they created was impeccable. Not only that, but I got my bartenders through them. Gourmet Gals is a one stop shop and for a fantastic value. My wedding was more hassle free and fun for my love ones because of this catering company.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Elizabeth Jones · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Caterer

We loved our experience with Gourmet Gals! They were incredibly responsive, accommodating, and easy to work with. The food was delicious- our friends still rave about the smoked gouda mashed potatoes. We spent more than we were originally planning on, but you get what you pay for. They were definitely worth the price! The servers and bartenders were all wonderful as well. We were very happy that we went with them!

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Chlee

Chlee · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding food for sure!

Both me and my new husband enjoy cooking so food was a big deal to us. We wanted to make sure our guest had good food that was filling and had great flavor. No one wants boring wedding food. Well, by far our food was not boring! We had several compliments on how tasty everything was and that it was great compared to other weddings they had been to. That made it all worth while! Not to mention the service and pricing was great too! Cassandra made sure it was just how we wanted and worked well with my wedding coordinator too.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely delicious and easy to work with!

Gourmet Gals Catering was the in-house caterer at our wedding venue and our food was AMAZING! I received SOOOOO many compliments about how delicious our food was. The process was incredibly easy. I had a great phone conversation with Sherri regarding likes and dislikes, allergies, absolute musts, absolute noes. Sherri then sent a suggested menu with a few different options in it. We met in the storefront for a tasting and were absolutely in love with everything we tasted. The items she suggested made us feel as if she had known both my now-husband and me for years. She was able to pinpoint exactly the types of foods that we would love and convey them in a menu that would appeal to everyone at our wedding. I would absolutely recommend Gourmet Gals for any of your catered event needs!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Eden · Married on 04/21/2018

Working with Gourmet Gals was the best choice we made for our wedding! Catering is such a huge part of a wedding, and we were beyond relieved when we found Gourmet Gals! They were affordable, accommodating, and all around easy to work with! And lets not forget delicious!! Our guests are still raving about the food! Cymbre helped us answer all our questions, helped us stay on budget, and didn't even blink an eye, when we asked to do another tasting after we changed our minds on a few things. Cymbre also helped direct us on what linens/dishes/glasses to chose. Let's be honest, picking linens is not the most exciting task, but she helped guide us in the right direction. I can't recommend Gourmet Gals enough!! <3 <3

Sent on 05/18/2018

Andrea · Married on 10/29/2016

Gourmet Girls was absolutely fantastic and I'd highly recommend them! My now husband and I are very particular about food and really wanted great food for our wedding - Gourmet Gals delivered. I will admit that we hesitated initially because the food they often serve is typical American or southern/Texas-style food and we were looking for more Asian-fusion style food. We spoke with both the owner Sherrie and Chef Mark on the phone and they listened carefully to our vision. We were completely blown away at our tasting and regretted ever questioning them in the first place. The food at our wedding was fantastic - they captured the Asian-fusion flavors with sake marinated sea bass, char siu beef tenderloin, and lots of delicious vegetables such as a balsamic strawberry salad, crispy brussel sprouts, and french green beans in oyster and sriracha sauces. These may not sound exciting but they really cooked and flavored the veggies to perfection. The sea bass was probably the biggest hit and we received endless compliments about it. The appetizers were also delicious with lots of variety, including watermelon feta skewers, asian crab poppers, lime cilantro shrimp, and chicken satay. Gourmet Gals is so flexible and they can really create anything that you wish - they have endless lists of different things they can make and they're also open to new things and are willing to accommodate almost any request from the client. No matter what type of food you're looking for, definitely give these guys a chance - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/20/2016

The food at our wedding was AMAZING. We were able to create our menu from scratch and even have a tasting prior to our wedding. We both had ideas of what we wanted to serve and Gourmet Gals was able to find a way to create a cohesive meal and cover all our wants and needs. All our guests raved about their meal, we're still hearing about it!
    The food was important to us and Gourmet Gals made it happen just as we envisioned. They were so easy going and helpful when I had questions, they made sure everything was perfect!

DELICIOUS!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Julianna · Married on 06/25/2016

I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best wedding food I have ever had. We also had several of our guests tell us the same thing. One of our guests liked the food so much, he decided he wanted the same meal at his upcoming wedding. Gourmet Gals makes delicious food and is incredibly accommodating to make it the meal you want. Definitely worth your money!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2016

We didn't have a choice in caterers as our venue, The Terrace Club only works with Gourmet Gals, but we didn't mind. It meant less work for us! Plus we were given sample menus that all sounded really good.
    I am vegan, but my husband is an omnivore. Gourmet Gals worked with us in every way to put together a menu that made both my husband & me happy!
    I would definitely recommend this caterer for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Their service was top notch. We had many comments from friends and family saying that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Love Gourmet Gals! We worked on our menu and pricing with Sherri, who was professional, responsive, and so friendly. To the point, the food was DELICIOUS and our guests raved about it! We did a buffet line style, and everything went smoothly. They were the selected vendor for the Terrace Club, so we didn't have a choice for catering, but we are so glad that we did! They gave us endless options (for meat lovers, vegetarians, you name it) and pricing was extremely reasonable. We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Gourmet Gals catered our wedding and were blown away! From the very beginning when we did our tasting, I knew I was in great hands! The chef made sure we were happy with everything on our plate. On the wedding day Delaney and her team did a fantastic job setting up, cooking, serving, bartending, bussing, and tearing down. We received so many compliments about the food and service from our friends!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Hooray for Gourmet Gals!

Delaney is amazing and a total superstar :)

I highly, highly, highly recommend using Gourmet Gals for your wedding. We got married in Hill Country and used Gourmet Gals for our 200ish person wedding. Delaney was with us every step of the way, from planning the menu to day of set up and reassuring us that everything was going to be fine despite the tornado and downpour that hit town the day before. She is cool, calm, collected and very professional.

The food: AMAZING. GG also offers a pretty wide selection of veggie and vegan dishes. The whole thing felt very personal too, which can be hard when you are trying to cater an event for such a large party. You end up thinking it will feel like hotel food, kind of blah and plain and totally unmemorable. Not with this team!

We told Delaney what we were feeling for food and atmosphere and she came back with yummy suggestions and we went from there. Mini fried green tomatoes? Yes! Mini shrimp n' grits? Yes! Sweet potato enchiladas! So good. Beignets after dinner? They were a hit. The entire spread was amazing.

If I could give more than five stars I would!

Thanks again for everything!

Sent on 05/25/2016
  • Danita

Danita · Married on 09/20/2015

Incredible... not enough of a review? They went above and beyond my expectations for a caterer. I figured they would bring food, serve it, and clean up. They did so much more. Every crazy desire I had, they fulfilled, and with style. They gave us SO much extra food afterwards that we didn’t need to (although we did) go grocery shopping for the honeymoon cabin. They packed everything we would need for a to go meal (including champagne flutes), knowing that we didn’t have a chance to sit and eat during the reception. The food was all incredible, and they were all so sweet. Great people, fabulous food, exceptional service, all around winning.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Candace · Married on 08/01/2015

You have complete control over your reception menu down to how much spice is in the meat.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Kate · Married on 06/26/2015

We loved working with Gourmet Gals to cater our wedding! We had first met with another catering vendor but I had not been impressed and did not feel comfortable booking with the other vendor. So a few weeks later, we set up another appointment to meet and taste with Gourmet Gals. We were so impressed and the tasting was fantastic! They worked with us on our budget and theme and we created a menu.
    On our wedding day, they decorated the tables that went perfectly with our theme and the food was awesome. The staff was very professional and kept the reception hall very clean. I would highly recommend Gourmet Gals!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Gourmet Gals Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Kate! It was such a pleasure working with you! Your family and guests were fabulous and the wedding was so much fun! We appreciate the recommendation. :) Best wishes!

Sakina · Married on 05/23/2015

We used Gourmet Gals for our rehearsal dinner and wedding and I would highly, highly recommend them! First, the food is absolutely delicious - we had multiple guests from both nights tell us that it was the best catered food they'd ever had. Second, their service is phenomenal. Delaney was so incredibly responsive to my many emails and calls - and she also worked with my (now) mother-in-law to help her with the rehearsal dinner. She was so flexible and accommodating - we had several guests with food allergies (nut allergies, gluten, dairy etc.) and several vegetarian guests - she handled it all flawlessly. The chicken and steak entrees we had were delicious - but the vegetarian entree options Gourmet Gals created for both nights blew our minds - most caterers don't do vegetarian very well - but GG most certainly did! They were super professional - from the servers to the chef, they were all so friendly and on the ball. And - they provided all this amazing food, catering and planning within our budget. I recommend Gourmet Gals without any reservations. Thank you to Delaney and her team for helping make our wedding a huge success!!

Sent on 05/25/2015

Gourmet Gals was a pleasure to work with! From the start they were focused on what we wanted instead of what they wanted.
    The setup was beautiful. The staff on-site were attentive and friendly. The food was delicious. Our guests are still talking about the cheddar biscuits and gouda mashed potatoes!
    They went out of their way to accommodate our requests, even if we weren't having a big, fancy wedding. I wanted halal meals for my parents and they took the initiative to source a local butcher to prepare it for them. We worked with Delaney and Cymbre who were very professional and responsive. They even helped with other details during the wedding. I remember Cymbre, who was at the venue, helping with my dress, making sure it fanned out properly during photographs! (Thank you, Cymbre!)
    These Gals are wonderful and truly enjoy what they do. We also appreciated the Thank You card they sent to us after the wedding. They made our wedding day very special and we're glad they were a part of it!

Sent on 06/28/2015

Holly · Married on 05/02/2015

I sincerely could not recommend Gourmet Gals enough. I talked to so many different caterers that were not willing to work with my budget and vegetarian/vegan restrictions for a certain number of guests. Gourmet Gals was so kind and willing to meet and alter the menu to fit our needs, AND they handled everything so beautifully and professionally the day of. Sherri was waiting for my husband and I right after the ceremony with beers! They even took into account our theme and decorations and added some of their own to the catering tables. If I can brag a little more...so many of our guests came up to us after (and are still saying) that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. And it was!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Candace · Married on 09/20/2014

People were blown away by the food at our wedding!!! Process was super simple, and at the tasting we didnt have any changes! Great vendor! Wish we could have that meal more often!!

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • I

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2014

We were thrilled with the quality of the food provided at our wedding. Guests were raving (and still are!) about all of the food - especially the appetizers. Brides, be sure your venue has a person appointed to bring appetizers to you while you are taking pictures. Ours did so, and we were so happy not to miss out because the appetizers are little slices of heaven! Our only disappointment was that the herb crusted chicken that was served at the wedding looked and tasted nothing like what was offered at our tasting, however, it was equally delicious and our guests didn't know the difference. Sherri is quick to respond to email and both very kind and patient. She worked hard to plan a menu that reflected us as a couple, and she succeeded! If you are looking for excellent food (not your typical wedding food!), good value, and great service - you've found it at Gourmet Gals!

Sent on 08/24/2014