Good Food Store Reviews

29 | Bethel, ME

29 Reviews for Good Food Store

Barbara · Married on 09/02/2019

good food store, Bethel Maine, catered our wedding

Good Food Store catered our wedding in Norway, Maine. We are very impressed by Heather and David's flexibilty, professionalism, and desire to make this the best experience we could have. We ordered many vegetarian and ethnic appetizers and entrees, all had to be prepared under a temporary tent, without a stove(!). The weather looked pretty scary for a while but all went off without a hitch. The wait staff were very friendly and seemed to really enjoy serving us. I cannot more strongly recommend Heather and Dave's Good Food Store for your catering event.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Jocelyn · Married on 08/17/2019

10/10! Excellent service & high quality food!!

We used the Good Food store for our wedding and they were INCREDIBLE!!! We did the pasta bar & I’ve received so many compliments from guests saying it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had. The staff were incredibly attentive, everything was set up beautifully and they came to our venue to go over things the day before which helped me feel very confident and prepared. Heather was always very quick to respond and work with me and I felt their pricing was very fair for the high quality of food and service. I would 100% use them again and again and couldn’t recommend them enough.

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Sami

Sami · Married on 07/20/2019

Delicious and More!

Not only is the staff amazing but the food is just as good. They really helped with great suggestions about the flow of the wedding and literally made delicious food. I had so many many compliments about the food and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/27/2018

Saved our wedding!

Good Food Store catered our 10/27/18 barn wedding! The weather was a nightmare and the wind and snow collapsed the outdoor food tent, leaving them without a large space to cook/prepare our dinner...without missing a beat they improvised and crammed into the small kitchen located in the Inn attached to the barn and pulled everything off without anyone ever knowing otherwise! The food was fresh and delicious! Heather was amazing to work with and exceeded our expectations! Not only did they amaze us the day of our wedding, they also literally saved us when our initial caterer went MIA less than 2 months prior to the wedding and they were able to accommodate our last minute booking! I recommend everything about Good Food Store, they are amaaaazing!!

Sent on 02/26/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/13/2018

Rehearsal dinner yum!

The good food store catered our rehearsal dinner for 50 on 10/12/18 at Ski Esta. Heather and Nancy were very helpful and kind when it came to my 1000 questions and emails. The staff was wonderful and the food was great! Would hire again :)

Thank you so much!

Tiffany & Nathan Landry, Ski Esta 10/12/18

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda G · Married on 10/07/2018

Even better than we could have imagined

My husband, being a Maine local and having had their food before, was set on having The Good Food Store cater our reception. I'm so glad he was, because they really hit it out of the park! Heather and Nancy were so friendly, helpful, and responsive! Every email we sent was answered within 24 hours, and they made our vision a reality. We had a taco buffet for dinner and we really wanted elote as an appetizer, which wasn't on the menu we'd been sent. It was added immediately, and they nailed it! This is NOT sad, lifeless wedding food.The selection of taco toppings was unreal, and everything was fresh, hot and perfectly seasoned. The chopped salad was one of the best I've ever had. Guests and family are still raving about the food, and so are we. The staff were all so friendly and helpful as well - they have a fantastic team that really took care of us above and beyond what either of us could have expected. We were shocked by how well taken care of we were. If you're local, you already know how amazing their food and staff are. If you're from out of state like me, let me be the first to tell you: don't worry. You'll be in good hands, and the food's gonna blow your freakin mind. Hire the Good Food Store.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Kayla · Married on 09/22/2018

The Good food store was wonderful! Everyone at our wedding enjoyed the food and professionalism of the staff!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Gabriel · Married on 08/18/2018

Great Experience with the Good Food Store

We had a great experience with Heather and her team at the Good Food Store! They catered our backyard tent wedding and put together an excellent barbeque buffet. Heather was easy to work with and was extremely helpful putting together the menu and working through all the logistics involved with an outdoor wedding. The food turned out great, and our guests went out of their way to tell us how it was on a different level than typical wedding food. We would definitely recommend Good Food Store for any event you plan on catering!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

We used this store for our rehearsal dinner, we wanted something different and decided on a taco bar. it was delicious!!! There was an abundance of food and it was so good. We did hit a snafu and there was not enough tortilla wraps/shells, even though it was after hours when we called, they realized it was a mistake and we were supposed to get more and they quickly dropped off more shells to the house we were at. Now that is service! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Sean · Married on 09/09/2017

Heather, Dave and the team at Good Food Store catered our Newry wedding on September 9, 2017. As kindred spirits of New Orleans food and culture, Dave and Heather created a menu for us that included everything from gumbo shooters and boudin balls to beignets. Nearly every one of our guests stopped us at some point in a state of awe at the selection and the quality of the food. Moreover, the organization and professionalism of all their chefs, servers and bussers throughout the night was also remarkable. The bartending staff Heather had suggested we hire, lead by Jonathan, was knowledgeable and super friendly. Caterer does not accurately describe the scope of services that Heather provided during planning. She consulted us on everything from rental equipment, flatware, local vendors, logistics to general good-practice decisions. On a day of so many great contributions and bright spots, Heather and Dave's team were the brightest. Great food. Great people. Thanks.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Good Food Store's reply:

Thank you for the super nice review Sean. We had a great time working with you and Jeanna. Here's to crossing paths in New Orleans!

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

Heather and her team at Good Food Store provided the absolute best service available for our wedding! Heather really made the entire planning process so easy, helping me think through details of how timing for the night would work and what might work for guests and not. She did such an excellent job providing us ideas based on the discussion of what we liked and how we envisioned the wedding going, and she was always so helpful adjusting the menu as we came up with new ideas we wanted to incorporate. The food at our wedding was DELICIOUS and guests who traveled from around the country continue to talk about how much they enjoyed everything they ate. The presentations of everything from our appetizer station, the family style meals themselves and the amazing mini desserts they made were all beautiful. The catering team helped with everything from setting up to cleaning up, providing day of coordination with all of our other vendors. And Heather's team quickly adapted to the changing schedule of the day, when unexpected delays pushed everything back much more than planned. I really can't say enough great things about working with Heather, the quality, and the completely reasonable price of everything the Good Food Store provided for our day. We would recommend Good Food Store for any catering needs you have, you won't be disappointed from the kind hearted customer service to the incredible attention to detail! Thank you all for such a wonderful job!

Sent on 12/26/2016

amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

Heather is amazing. She went above and beyond to help me. I was married at Skiesta, she was so familiar with the place she had layout examples for me, lists of what was there versus what I needed, and endless helpful suggestions. I didn't have a wedding planner but Heather came close! Oh and the food and dessert was amazing. They did both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. It could not have been better.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Matt · Married on 08/06/2016

Working with Heather and her team was one of the highlights of our wedding planning process. Firstly, we were given a lot of control over the menu and the food was delicious. The sweet potato salad and the chicken skewers were our favorite, and many friends of ours said it was the best wedding food they’d ever had. Secondly, Heather and her team acted as pseudo-wedding planners on the day. In our meetings beforehand she made sure we hadn’t overlooked anything to do with the whole catering process, and on the day she and the team worked with our DJ to make sure the reception ran really smoothly. She also has many contacts in the area and set us up with our bartenders, who were fantastic, and our rental company. All in all, we cannot thank Good Food Bethel enough for being a key part of a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2016

The Good Food Store catered our wedding for 170 people. I can not recommend them enough! Heather was unbelieveable to work with. She met with me months before the wedding to go over every last detail. She was always available by email for all of my random questions. She helped me with everything from rentals, set-up, timing of everything and helping me pick out the most amazing menu. We went with a cocktail reception (as our dinner). Instead of a wedding cake we went with mini desserts and we are so glad we did! All of the guest raved about the food and no one went hungry. If you are looking for amazing food for your wedding, look no further! You will be glad you went with the Good Food Store!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Jillian · Married on 06/25/2016

The Good Food Store catered our wedding of 145 people and could not have done a better job! Everyone we spoke to mentioned how great the food was, and we are still eating leftovers! I loved how responsive Heather was and that they felt more like a mom and pop type of caterer as opposed to a factory of weddings. They provided a family style meal which we were so happy about, some caterers will not do it. I definitely suggest their menu "From the Grill", it was perfect and not too heavy for a summer wedding. Their wait staff was so friendly, like chasing down my bridal party to make sure they got some passed apps when they entered cocktail hour, and bringing us plates of food when we were busy taking photos. I can't say enough good things about Good Food Store!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Christina · Married on 09/19/2015

The Good Food Store catered our 200 person wedding and they were wonderful! The food was delicious, and they also made blueberry pies (with icecream!) and pumpkin whoopie pies for dessert that were to die for. The staff was professional and wonderful! Heather, one of the owners, recommended bar tenders to us, helped us with ordering rentals, and was in touch with me by email and phone many times before the wedding. We planned our Maine wedding from Massachusetts, so this was crucial! The Good Food Store is also a GREAT value, definitely the best value we found of any caterer we looked into. We had a wonderful experience with the Good Food Store, highly recommended!

Sent on 09/27/2015

We can't say enough about Heather and Dave. For me they were the best thing about our wedding, I have food allergies, serious ones that make it almost impossible to eat out. We chose the Good Food Store because they are committed to good quality food and have family that have a similar condition to me. They were attentive, flexible, gracious, invisible and a pleasure to work with!

If you want to have BBQ at your wedding, classed up in a way that your guests can still enjoy it with there formal attire on, look no further. The experience, expertise all the way down to the final details were handled, I didn't hear any complaints other than people wanted more to take home with them. Thank you so much to the team at the Good Food Store, you made our day special and made it a day of fear free eating for me.

Sent on 09/10/2015
  • User4119808 · 2+ years ago

It is so nerve-racking to plan a destination wedding, but you can trust Heather and David! Trust them to make your event incredible and to fully realize everything you are looking for. The food was incredible. I mean, heart-stoppingly good. (Do the stuffed haddock in the champagne beurre blanc!!!) Plates were cleaned and people were raving. But I have to tell you more than that, because this team went so far above and beyond our expectation and were such an integral part of making our special day run smoothly and look, taste, and feel beautiful.

I come from a family of foodies and wine connoisseurs. Pressure?! Heather worked closely with my sister (a chef, somm, and restaurant manager) and with my father (who curated wine for the evening) to create an unforgettable menu. She worked with all of us from afar. Day of we had brunch for getting ready, an unbelievable cocktail hour selection, and meals served perfectly cooked for each of our 60 guests. On top of all of this, Heather helped give us recommendations for other vendors in the area and met with us multiple times before the wedding to discuss the menu and our set up.

Our reception was at SkiEsta and Heather's familiarity with the venue was a huge bonus. She expertly guided us through set up and plating options, rentals, decorating, transition from our wedding venue and even no-hassle clean up the next day. Her staff was professional and courteous and looked sharp! We recognized and appreciated the extra care and effort they each took with our guests. Think this sounds like it costs a fortune? This was hands down the best value of our wedding. We gave Heather a tight budget and got no push back. She was able to guide us to the best possible options given our priorities and crafted an experience that felt like a million dollars, without breaking the bank. Everything was excellently prepared, the steak was perfect, but...sigh....I still dream about that Haddock.

Sent on 11/09/2015
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 06/27/2014

We went with the Good Food Store sight un-seen and food untasted. We were a bit nervous and a bit last minute, but it paid off! The food was excellent. (At about one a.m. the bridal party could be found in the kitchen of the farm where we were married, eating left-over olive tapenade and lime shrimp from the fridge) The Good Food store worked with us to create a great menu for our event, cooked on-site, provided excellent service, and cleaned up before leaving. We loved them!

Sent on 07/14/2014

We bought our favors through the Good Food Store. They were a memory of our first date: the best pumpkin whoopie pies on the planet. Seriously, everyone who has had one will agree. I'm pretty sure they're the reason my now-hubby first fell for me ;)

Super responsive and helpful and easy to work with. Great people. AMAZING food.

Everything I've ever eaten there has been amazing and I know they would be phenomenal caterers.

Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

I can not say enough nice things about the team at the Good Food Store! I reached out to them very early on in our planning because I was having trouble finding someone who could provide the quality of food that we wanted at a reasonable price. After a quick e-mail Heather quickly made time to talk over the phone and learn about what we wanted. In the end we met with her and David on a visit to Maine before the wedding and they were great! So open to making our dream reality. For two people who cook a lot and for lots of people, we had a lot on our wish list and they made it happen. If you are looking for someone to really be your partner on the food and to delivery amazing service (everyone on their staff was amazing) give them a call!

Sent on 04/10/2014

Rob · Married on 05/19/2013

Kudos Good Food Store. You nailed it. We had a small 30 person wedding. We read reviews (much like you are) and due to distance, didn't have the opportunity to taste the food before we committed (which is always a bit scary). The menu sounded delicious and with a few minor tweaks based on our pallet, they delivered. Team was attentive and was ready to serve right on time. They were flexible with every detail. They we're happy to be there and eager to please. Only positives from these happily married newlyweds.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Sarah · Married on 03/30/2013

It has been 3 weeks and people are still talking about how amazing the food was. The tenderloin and fish were perfectly cooked, the lobster bisque had huge chunks of lobster, the appetizers were plentiful and the dessert savory. Heather at the Good Food Store was not only catering our wedding but she also helped with the rental agreements and pretty much the planning of the wedding. I lived 4 hours away and when I called or email Heather about something crazy she would calmly answer and set my mind at ease. If you are getting married in Maine or on the borden in NH (I hope she travels that far) I would strongly recommend Good Food Store of Bethel. I can't thank Heather and the Good Food Store enough for everything they did.

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/04/2012

As my wife says, she couldn’t have gotten married without the groom and The Good Food Store! Heather and Dave catered our wedding reception and rehearsal dinners in Bethel this summer and WOW! The food was not only the best “wedding food” my wife and I have ever had, but some of the best food we’ve ever had anywhere! Not only was the quality and preparation of the meals first class (we had a BBQ selection from Dave’s Smokin’ Good BBQ truck for the rehearsal dinner and a lobster bake for the reception), but Heather, Dave, and their staff were accommodating, fun to work with, and helpful every step of the way. Heather prepared some of her own terrific recipes, and also did a great job making some of our family favorites as well. (One of the caterers even stopped what she was doing to help bustle my wife’s uncooperative dress during the reception!) We cannot recommend them highly enough and can’t wait to hire them again for future family events in Maine. If you are looking for terrific, well-priced food served by upbeat, helpful folks, the Good Food Store is the place to go!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Christine · Married on 09/04/2011

I absolutely, positively cannot say enough good things about the Good Food Store. They catered both our wedding and rehearsal dinner and both were phenomenal! I want to preface the my husband and I are total foodies. We had extremely high standards and they were surpassed in every way. We had a lobster bake for the rehearsal dinner and the lobster was cooked to perfection. The roasted mussels were the best I've ever tasted and the clam chowder was delicious and completely homemade. Actually, everything they do is homemade which, to me, is something that completely sets them above everyone else. Dinner the evening of the wedding was unbelievable. Better than what we often get in restaurants and in no way anything related to "wedding food". In fact, multiple guests commented that it's almost an insult to call it "wedding food" and that it was one of the most delicious meals they've ever eaten. We were beyond thrilled. The other thing that sets them above the rest is their service. Heather was fantastic to work with throughout the whole process and was very understanding with all of my concerns. She agreed to create a menu item I really wanted (chicken piccata with artichoke hearts - YUM!), knew our venue inside and out, and was an excellent local resource. She helped us find some of our vendors and even found someone local who came to our venue to teach a yoga class the morning before the wedding.

I cannot post this review without sharing the story of what happened the day of the wedding. Our bar and cocktail tables were set up on the deck and out of nowhere, the most intense thunder, lightning and hail storm unleashed from the sky. Our tables took off like sails, and our bar started to blow away. Heather and her staff literally stood in torrential rain and hail to hold down our bar, while lightning was striking just feet away. They were soaked to the core! I've never seen anything like it. More amazing than this, they had everything dried and the tables perfect before the first guest showed up. They, along with our wedding planner, saved our day. Seriously, I cannot imagine what it would have been like if they didn't do what they did. I would give them 10 stars if it were possible. If you are considering hiring them for your event, or to cater an amazing meal for you while you are in Bethel, DO IT. We cannot recommend them enough and cannot wait to go back for a visit so they can cook us another meal!

Sent on 09/10/2011