Golf Club at Echo Falls Reviews

Golf Club at Echo Falls 4
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Baugh · Married on 08/17/2019

Such a great wedding!

I got married here and it was incredible. The venue is beautiful and the food was really good! Wendi is super helpful and the whole experience was easy. Everyone was extremely flexible. I’m
    So glad we got married here!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Serena · Married on 12/16/2017

I am so happy with my experience with Echo Falls! The wedding coordinator, Wendi, is amazing and made the whole process so smooth. I visited the venue many times and even had to push back my wedding date after I had already booked, but they were super accommodating. The chef is wonderful too and I was able to customize my menu to be exactly what I wanted and to fit my budget. Day-of was amazing, the staff was all so great I truly felt like a princess!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Monica · Married on 12/31/2016

Amazing! There was slight miscommunication at the start but everything worked out well. The coordinator, Krista, was perfect! She was so good at keeping the pressure off of the bride and groom at the rehearsal and wedding. She answered my many questions, gave suggestions when needed, was never pushy, and overall was incredibly supportive.

Sent on 02/17/2017

Monica,
    Thank you very much for your kind words and filling out this review. We always hope to find ways to improve and your feed back is very helpful. All of us at Echo Falls wish you a very happy and healthy future together.

Nicholas · Married on 09/04/2016

Make sure you get all of the costs upfront

Sent on 03/30/2017

Golf Club at Echo Falls's reply:

Thank you Nick for your 5 star review on our services. It was an honor to serve you for your wedding. Please let me know if you would like to talk further about the price comment. We certainly want to make sure we were up front with you.
    All my best,

Tricia · Married on 08/14/2016

Krista and everyone at echo falls were amazing! We couldn't have asked for anothing more than we got at echo falls. The food was amazing and everything was so pretty there. The staff was there and prepared for little wedding day emergencys also. We had the best day

Sent on 08/28/2016

Golf Club at Echo Falls's reply:

Thank you for your review Patricia. It was such a pleasure working with you. You two are very fun loving and your friends and family were a blast. We all wish you a very happy life together. Please come back and visit any time.

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2016

The coordinator was easy to work with and anything that we needed to change last minute was taken care of.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Golf Club at Echo Falls's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review. We all loved serving you, your family and your friends. You did such a great job with the planning and making sure to have fun with your guests. Please keep in touch and a happy marriage to you two.

Laura · Married on 10/24/2015

The event coordinator is so nice and has an open schedule to accommodate my crazy work schedule. She had some great ideas and insite on how best to lay out the room and colors. I love working with her.

Sent on 12/14/2014
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 12/12/2012

Beautiful location. Carissa was our wedding coordinator from the club and she was so nice and helpful. We wished we could've saved some money by using an outside caterer but the food ended up being amazing and worth it. You MUST have the Wild Mushroom Soup if available, every single person raved about it.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Paula · Married on 05/26/2012

This is a wonderful venue. The food was fabulous! They were very flexable with letting us decorate and the view was so lovely.

Sent on 09/15/2012

B · Married on 05/25/2012

My wedding was beautiful and I can't say enough good things about the staff and food at Echo falls

Sent on 06/08/2012
  • Kiley

Kiley · Married on 05/05/2012

Not only is this venue beautiful, but it is also affordable. We were on a pretty tight budget and we still can't believe everything that we got for the price we paid. Carissa was awesome, she handled pretty much everything on the day of so I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying my wedding day. We had hoped that we could have gotten married outside, but the grass was just too soggy from the previous days rain, but the inside venue turned out just as beautiful. The staff did the room flip after the ceremony for the reception a lot quicker than I was expecting. The entire staff was so accommodating and helpful too. We have received so many compliments on how everything thing turned out on our wedding day, and a huge part of that was because we picked such a great venue with great people who work there.

Sent on 05/21/2012

Peggy · Married on 05/19/2018

I planned my wedding 17 months ahead of time. As soon as we are engaged, I went online looking for venue. I did not want a metropolitan location that is costly for the guests to stay and parking will be an issue. The idea of a country club sound very desirable. I began looking for a golf club with beautiful view. The Echo Falls golf club website show a stunning view with the green lawn and a view of water. It was the place I want to get marry. As soon as we set our eyes on this venue, I contacted the sales office on wedding wire. Kristen was previous manager we deal with. She gave us all the detail we need. The scenic view of the golf club was exactly like the picture, it was out of the world. The ballroom could seat 200 people with a fireplace on one side of the wall and multiple high ceiling glass windows. Upon discussing the rental and food menu, we realized the cost was rather affordable with the amenity included for the bride and groom. We waited many months before doing the food tasting and final preparation around 5 weeks before with wedding. By then, we have a new manager Wendi took over Kristen's job. Wendi is a sweet lady. She understood each and everything that the wedding couple could face and she made very practical suggestion. She is the kind of lady that will roll up her sleeve and move the chairs for you. We felt extremely fortunate that she was there to coordinate our needs. In the end, the Big Day turned out to be perfect. We had over 120 guests attended our wedding and everyone admired the view and enjoyed the party.

Sent on 08/14/2018
    Golf Club at Echo Falls 5
    Golf Club at Echo Falls 6
    Golf Club at Echo Falls 7
    Golf Club at Echo Falls 8

Amanda · Married on 04/26/2015

The Golf Club at Echo Falls was an absolutely stunning place to have a wedding. We visited a year before our wedding on a rainy day. Since we married in April, we knew we wanted somewhere that would be beautiful, even if it rained. Luckily, it was a sunny day, and the lush green of the golf club, the trees and the waterfalls were the perfect backdrop. The room was a perfect size for a 100 person wedding, and the staff were beyond friendly, professional and on top of anything we needed. Nikki, our Catering Sales Manager, was wonderful and quick to respond. And PS. The food was amazing!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Nelson · Married on 09/25/2016

Overall we had a great experience. Krista, the wedding coordinator, was extremely responsive and made everything run smooth. The price was also very reasonable compared to some other places we looked at. The only issue we had was the champagne wasn't ready for the toast, but otherwise there were no issues. We had a contingency plan on place to move the wedding indoor, but, thankfully the weather was great so we didn't need to. Things ran smoothly and were for the most part stress free.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Golf Club at Echo Falls's reply:

Thank you kindly for your review! I loved working with you and getting to meet your friends and family. We will certainly work on our timeliness. Please keep in contact with us. I cant wait to see the wedding pictures!
    All my best,
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 09/19/2009

This venue is great! The coordinator was extremely helpful in accomodating all of our needs. The flexibility and professionalism, not to mention the scenery of the venue blew us away! It was nothing but a positive experience! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2009

Julie · Married on 08/09/2008

We were so pleased by the friendly and professional service we received from the management and kitchen staff at the Golf Club at Echo Falls. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better experience and are still talking about their attention to every detail. The server even asked if she could take our plates so that we didn't accidently spill on ourselves on the way back to the table! And the food!!! Everyone is still raving about the food and we're left to wonder how the cooks could feed so many and have it taste so incredibly amazing! The crusted chicken and london broil will not soon be forgotten! Thanks so much everyone! What a magical night!
    Julie

Sent on 08/12/2008

Gloria · Married on 03/19/2016

4.2

The planning process was challenging, only because we had booked the venue a year early and the venue had changed coordinators a month before our wedding date. We had a lot of hiccups with the previous coordinator- i.e had our wedding date recorded wrong, mix up with tasting and who would be there, mix up with some food items, set up time for day of event, etc. These were all minor mishaps, but I didn’t think any of these mishaps should have happened. The coordinator that was actually there for our Wedding, Krista, was awesome. We meet her a couple weeks before the wedding and she was really on top of things despite all the back and forth emails, etc I had with the previous coordinator. I really appreciated the little details that went into making our wedding day go as smoothly as planned.

The cons I have are for the “Day of” the wedding. We had asked if we can use a Cedar Arch for our ceremony (mainly to create a focal point at the aisle because the room was very opened, I wanted some sort of structural detail) – and it was not there. This was made note from the time we booked and re-laid at our Rehearsal (night before our wedding). I was told I had to print out the Table Numbers because there would be Holders for them. I didn’t mind doing that, but then there were huge Number Blocks that were placed on the tables instead. It was fine, but I wish that was told to me before I wasted paper and ink. And lastly, we had made all the tables seat 10 guests – there was assigned seating and seating chart displaying this. A list and chart was made and given to the coordinator. Not sure where the miscommunication was, but the tables ending up only being seats of 8, which made a lot of guests confused and seated in different areas. Thankfully I have an amazing husband and bridal party who caught sight of this before I did because they handled all the stress and last minute changes.

Overall, beautiful site. Wonderful staff.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Gloria,
    Thank you kindly for all your feedback. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. You are right...you married a good man who did a wonderful job of taking car of you. I apologize for the miscommunication and am very happy that it all worked out. Please keep in touch, we would love to hear how you two are doing.

Jaquie · Married on 07/15/2006

3.0

This was a beautiful venue. They have very specific rules and we ended up renting the facility for the entire day because of the time slots made available. We wanted to decorate ourselves and we needed to get in early to do so. But once again it was a beautiful place and made for gorgeous pictures.

Sent on 11/11/2008

Tori · Married on 10/22/2016

2.0

My husband and I had a beautiful Wedding at Echo Falls, everything went without a hitch the day of and it was a wonderful day. The planning however was less than pleasant. Krista who is the catering manager at the venue was the primary person we talked to and planned with and we were concerned that our day would not go through. We scheduled a food tasting with her and an hour before the scheduled time she canceled on us by email. The BEO she wrote up consistently had mistakes including the wrong counts for guests and the wrong food. The week before the wedding after our final meeting she sent a final BEO that was incorrect on guest counts after we had confirmed the meals counts. After all the planning we had done together we found out the night before the wedding at the rehearsal dinner that Krista would not be present for the wedding because she had her own side business that she would be doing instead.
    The bartender at the wedding was also unprofessional, visibly stressed out and unprepared. He yelled at our photographer, and had multiple unpleasant altercations with guests including the mother of the groom.

Echo Falls is a beautiful venue, the grounds are well kept. We were able to drive around the grounds in a golf cart to take pictures and the bridal suite was awesome to escape to and get ready! The staff including Meagan and Brooke were amazing the day of our wedding, we felt well taken care of by them and the servers. And we are endlessly grateful for having a beautiful night, but the 9 months leading up to the wedding, the planning with Krista did not leave us confident that we would have a perfect day.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Tori & Chase,
    I am deeply sorry for your experience, I wished I would have been informed of your concerns prior to now. Please let me know what I can do to make it right. I am very happy to hear that on your wedding day you were pleased with the banquet staff. I would love to speak with you regarding your concerns. I wish you both nothing but the best and hope you and your family keep in touch. I will reach out to you directly via email.
    Kindly,

Heidi · Married on 08/18/2018

1.8
      1.0
      1.0

Made planning more stressful

We just got married at Echo Falls and first off, the venue is beautiful and there are a ton of great photo spots. Overall though, our experience working with the staff at Echo Falls was challenging. The catering manager was very difficult and usually said ‘no’ to our requests until we pushed back. For example, they changed the pricing of food and alcohol after we were already under contract. They promised us a golf cart processional and then said “it depends on how many carts we have since Saturday is a busy day for golf” - I thought the people spending thousands of dollars for a wedding would get priority but we had to push back on that too. We also spoke with the GM who was helpful in fixing our issues but was very condescending to talk to. He made it seem like all of our issues were resolved (pricing for food/wine, golf cart issues, etc.) and while they were at that point, we had to push back on EVERYTHING and figure out the solutions for ourselves. I definitely wouldn’t say the customer service was top notch. That said, on the day of our wedding, the food was delish and we thankfully didn’t have any issues day-of. We chose to hire and awesome day-of coordinator (from Cake and Lace) and I think that was a great decision because again, the catering manager just wasn’t very friendly and accommodating. She was helpful on the day of our wedding but getting to that point was a serious struggle. To any couples considering this venue for their wedding, I would just caution you to get everything in writing and ensure the quotes you’re given won’t change before your wedding day. I plan events (large and small) as part of my job and I had never had a vendor change pricing or services after we were under contract. It certainly caught us off guard (and I still think it’s extremely unprofessional) so wanted to share our lessons learned.

Sent on 11/08/2018