Golden Coast Event Planning Reviews

25 | Carmel, CA

25 Reviews for Golden Coast Event Planning

Kelsey E. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

The best team!

Josh and Sam were not only such a delight to work with, but made the rest of our "planning" process seem so easy!! I always found myself to be super organized and didn't realize how much I needed their help. Especially amidst a pandemic, last minute venue change, etc. what was turning into a nightmare ended up being a dream come true thanks to Josh and Sam for the most amazing support to get us through THE most special day :))) I could not recommend them more!!

Sent on 03/02/2021

Mahsa H. · Married on 03/07/2021

Amazing-trustworthy & flawless

My husband and I celebrated our wedding two weeks ago at Carmel Valley Ranch. I have interviewed at least 15 wedding coordinators or planners and I finally picked Golden Coast. Samantha (sammy) was my coordinator. Working with Samantha was such an amazing experience. Our wedding had a lot of moving parts and was placed in three different locations at the Ranch. Samantha was so so helpful, responsible, warm and reassuring. She was accessible all throughout the day, multi functioning a few things at a time. Full of energy with great attitude. I was so lucky to have her at my wedding day. I can’t recommend her enough. One more thing...she is trustworthy with whatever you need her and she has her whole attention to both details and the big picture. She managed your wedding day flow Flawlessly. I had lots of fun on my wedding day and thinking about it makes me smile big and Samantha has a big role in it.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan M. · Married on 02/08/2021

Absolutely amazing!!

As a professional wedding makeup artist who works with many vendors and as a future bride to be, I can vouch that Josh at golden coast is absolutely wonderful! I can't say enough about how great my experience was working with his company to plan my big day. We have been planning our destination wedding since last June and then of course covid hit before my original wedding date. Josh helped me to stay calm and weather the storm. He is a kind soul with an eagerness to please. You should definitely hire golden coast planning for your big day!

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda H. · Married on 09/06/2020

Genuine and passionate staff

We began planning our wedding in April 2019 from Okinawa, Japan. Josh was so accommodating with the time difference and ensured we met/spoke regularly to plan our big day. Once we arrived in the area Josh and his team helped us choose a venue that matched our vision and was within our budget. As we weighed the options of cancelling or postponing due to COVID, Josh and his team provided us with sound guidance and support. We ultimately decided to downsize our wedding a month out, in the short time Josh rearranged current and new contracts for the event. His staff the day of (Ambrosia & Addy) was exceptional, they were extremely personable and accommodating towards us and all our family/friends. Thanks to Golden Coast our wedding day exceeded all my expectations, they significantly reduced the stress associated with wedding planning and allowed us to focus on the truly important things!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Gabrielle · Married on 01/25/2020

Our lifeline~

Throughout our entire wedding planning process, Josh was attentive, responsive, and super flexible because our work schedules varied. Destination weddings are difficult enough to plan but Josh and his team took everything and ran with it, making sure we were not stressed in the process. Come wedding day, Josh and Kim took care of EVERYTHING! Bringing them to Costa Rica with us was the best decision and would recommend them to any and everyone. We are so thankful to have gained friends through this!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Cristal

Cristal M. · Married on 11/16/2019

Samantha is thee best of the best!

Samantha was exceptional! She kept me on track with mini deadlines and also kept me sane! She was very helpful in organizing all my vendors and getting them setup on the big day. My wedding was a bit large and I am so glad I had Sammy there to keep everything flowing and on track. (Sorry Sammy, I know you were super busy that day!) We met Sammy at the Quail Lodge during a Golden Coast Planning event back in February. we immediately loved her personality and we knew she was it! Sammy, thank you for everything!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory A. · Married on 06/29/2019

Hannah = the BEST wedding investment I made

About 6 months out from my wedding, I had an epiphany and realized I needed to hire a day-of coordinator. I had done the "heavy lifting" of wedding planning already - all vendors were hired, budget was set, colors and vision were decided - but I realized I needed someone who could execute all of it for me on the wedding day when I would be otherwise occupied primping and marrying my man! (Specifically, my then-fiance and I had a conversation where I literally said, "BUT WAIT WHO WILL SET UP THE GUEST BOOK TABLE??? I HAVE TO GET MY HAIR DONE AT THAT TIME! I CAN'T BE TWO PLACES AT ONCE!!!" - and it was settled, we had to have a coordinator!!!)

I feel so lucky that I was able to find Golden Coast and specifically, that I got to work with Hannah. After our first consultation call, she made a Google folder for us where we could store all important docs and info to share with her. Even though she was a "day-of / month-of" coordinator, Hannah was in contact with us for the 4-5 months leading up to our big day! We checked in about once a month (but she was always available for more if I needed her, and she was SUPER quick to reply to emails with quick questions) and she was so awesome to make sure we were sticking to our schedule and on track for the perfect day. She even gave me creative ideas along the way (like having a wand for my flower girl instead of petals, since venue didn't allow tossing anything).

She confirmed all our vendors for us the month before the wedding, helped set up a detailed timeline (with sooo many revisions, I'm sorry Hannah haha) and was just all around a rockstar.

Once the actual weekend rolled around, Hannah was incredible. She took care of EVERYTHING for me. I mean everything. No one knew how to put in my veil - Hannah did it. She set up all my decor and executed my vision even better than I'd imagined. She took all the gifts and cards up to our hotel room while we were dancing the night away so we wouldn't have to worry about it. She set up our glow stick exit and made sure guests didn't dive into our dessert table before it was time ;) And so much more. Most importantly, she kept me and my groom calm - we were able to relax and truly enjoy our wedding weekend knowing that Hannah would take care of us.

I consider Hannah a friend now - and to say that about a wedding vendor is a pretty amazing thing! I can honestly not imagine my wedding without her. For any brides out there considering hiring Golden Coast, JUST DO IT. I didn't have a coordinator in my original budget because I thought I could "do it all myself" but Hannah was hands down the best investment I made for my peace of mind throughout the planning process and especially on the wedding weekend.

Ok, I'm done now - sorry that was so long but if any brides out there are like me and you really want to work with sweet, patient vendors who truly care about YOU as a person, then Hannah is your girl. I love her forever now and I think everyone deserves to work with her for their Central Coast wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Juan Z. · Married on 06/08/2019

Easy, Convenient and Fun!

Josh and his staff are very professional and knowledgeable. Everything was easy, we didn’t have to worry about anything.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Hannah K. · Married on 04/27/2019

Love Golden Coast!

Hiring Golden Coast was the best decision we made for our wedding this Spring. Josh was amazing. He was kind, detailed, supportive, and so helpful every step of the way. Because of his help, we were able to enjoy the weekend without having to worry about a single detail. His experience and finesse ensured that everything went beautifully. He truly went above and beyond our expectations. Thank you so much, Josh!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Daniela O. · Married on 10/20/2018

Golden Coast events was professional, kind, extremely helpful, respectful, and prepared.

We are so thrilled that we hired Golden Coast for our backyard wedding. They were wonderful from day one. They’re presence was constant but never intrusive. They directed things beautifully and everything went off without a hitch. Thank you Vanessa and Clarissa for helping our special day be so special. We are incredibly grateful.

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Tasha

Tasha · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful service

Jose was so good to work with and was on top of everything I asked from him and his team. Our dream wedding day couldn’t have gone better and I have golden coast planning to thank for that!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • I

Iris · Married on 09/29/2018

Jasmine, Vanessa and Josh were literally the best I could've asked for. They were so attentive and went above and beyond for us. We appreciate their attention to detail, generosity and overall care. Thank you Golden Coast event planning for helping us make our dream wedding come to life!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Joellene · Married on 09/09/2018

My new wife and I are so happy to have booked a same day wedding coordinator from Golden Coast Event Planning!! Everything went smoothly on my wedding day thanks to Jasmine and Vanessa.

After speaking with Josh in the beginning, we knew that we wanted to work with down to earth and honest people. We thought that our Mill Valley wedding would be too far for them but they made it work. This company was consistent from start to finish (most wedding vendors sort of go radio silent when you’re in the thick of wedding season here which is August/September BUT...Josh and Jasmine were on top of it!)

Jasmine met with us a few times and had been in constant communication via phone and e-mail and managed to keep ALL our wedding vendors on the same page. I planned my entire wedding (which was stressful!) and knew at some point I would have to trust someone to carry out my vision on the day of. Jasmine and Vanessa took care of EVERY single second and EVERY little detail on the day of my wedding. I was so impressed with how everything turned out the day of! It was more than I envisioned. Thank you for taking care of us! You guys are incredible!

Most brides often think they don’t need a day of coordinator or they can hire a family member or friend to do this job. Trust me, YOU NEED ONE! You want someone experienced to handle one of the most important days of your lives!! So worth it!! :)

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Thanida

Thanida C. · Married on 09/08/2018

Awesome team!

As our wedding coordinator, Jasmine and Vanessa was amazing! They were really professional yet flexible and friendly throughout the whole process. Planning was so easy with their help!! Could not have asked for a better team. Thank you, ladies!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Veronica · Married on 03/17/2018

Josh & his team we’re great. They made our special day run nice & smooth, we couldn’t be any happier with their services.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Nicole T. · Married on 01/28/2018

Amazing!

I was so opposed to a wedding coordinator, believing I could do it. But I was finally convinced to get one so that we could all enjoy the wedding day. I contacted Josh about a month before the wedding to request a day-off coordinator. He was incredibly attentive. I was lucky to be assigned Jasmine as my coordinator. When we finally met (I was planning the wedding from 450 miles away), she was very warm, calm, and organized. She managed to balance keeping me informed of any little hiccup, while preventing me from being overwhelmed as she laid out the contingency plans. Jasmine was very responsive whenever I had a question, and I never hesitated to reach out to her. Also, Jasmine speaks Spanish, which was important for many of the guests. On the day of the wedding, everything went soooo smoothly--I was able to sit back and let everything unfold.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2017

My experience with Golden Coast Event Planning had me speechless. The team was beyond amazing and met my needs from the start. With one initial meeting, they were able to give me the vision that I wanted. They took care of EVERYTHING, from the beginning of the wedding process to the end of my wedding day. Josh made sure that I had each vendor that I wanted for my wedding day and he also made sure that I didn't do anything. He even checked into the hotel for me! Samantha stood by my side on the day of the wedding and she also made sure I wasn't bothered. She took care of my guests and my most important events throughout the night. I couldn't have asked for a better team to put my wedding together.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Golden Coast Event Planning's reply:

Michelle, Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad our team could make your wedding day stress free, you and your family were amazing!

-Josh

Erin · Married on 07/16/2017

They are amazing. Josh kept me calm during the craziest times of planning my wedding. Sammy did a beautiful job with seeing my vision and bringing it to life. The best investment I have made ever.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Golden Coast Event Planning's reply:

Erin, we were more than excited to make your beach wedding a dream come true! Your photos turned out amazing and we wish you best ☺
  • Diana

Diana · event on: 06/24/2017

I just want to THANK YOU for your services you went above and beyond to help me in every way possible. I'm EXTREMELY thankful. Kim was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! I love her! She made sure everything was running smoothly and kept us all running lol on time. She is a team player since that night she worked extremely well with all the other vendors on site. I'm so glad you brought her on board she is PERFECT! for your business. I can't THANK YOU BOTH Enough. The first planner I met with was Samantha and I'm so glad I ended up working with Kim she went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and I was satisfied! She is EXTREMELY polite, and the sweetest person ever!
    I look forward on working with you guys again in the near future.
    Blessings

Sent on 08/22/2017

Golden Coast Event Planning's reply:

Diana, thank you for giving us the opportunity to coordinate your daughter's Quinceañera. She was so lovely and the event turned out beautiful!

Celina · Married on 06/24/2017

Josh and Sammy created a wonderful day for our Silver Anniversary Wedding. They went above and beyond with all the details and all of their suggestions and trouble shooting on last minute issues that popped up made our day go smoothly. My husband and I we're able to relax and leave all the details to them on the day before and day of the event. They made on the spot decisions to ensure we were not bothered by anything other than enjoying all of our friends and family on the day of the wedding. Their professionalism and experience made our wedding day go off without a hitch. We would highly recommend hiring them for any event. They coordinated every detail from catering and rentals as well as working with the venue owner to make sure every detail was covered.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Golden Coast Event Planning's reply:

Celina, both you and John were amazing! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be part of such a special day.

Tammy · Married on 06/24/2015

Highly recommend GC Event Planning.

Samantha is great! She was there whenever and wherever we needed her. She gave us peace of mind and was always making sure things went smooth for us. I highly recommend her. She even put my decorations on my cake which she totally didn’t have too, she’s super sweet. Thank you again 😘

Sent on 02/17/2020

Sahar · Married on 10/11/2014

I am beyond glad that I had Samantha as my day off coordinator on my wedding day. She was so easy to work with from the begining to the end made sure that everything went smoothly on my wedding day. She is super organized and listens to you. She also gives you suggestion and feedback. She takes care of bride and groom like royalty and would also help the guests in every way possible. She did not mind me changing a few things here and there and accomodated us to the best of her power. I totally recommend her for your wedding planning and coordinating. She is one the best vendors that you will not regert having on your big day. Thanks again Sammy for all you did :)

Sent on 06/03/2016

Katie · Married on 06/26/2014

Sammy was amazing as my day of coordinator she really clicked in to my needs and was very chill which created a calm fun atmosphere which helped make my wedding the best day ever.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Sharon T. · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing day-of coordination and planning!

I loved working with Golden Coast Event planning for my wedding on June 22nd, 2019, especially with my day-of coordinator Hannah B! She was helpful prior to the wedding to help us condense and organize all our documents, and was particularly wonderful on our actual wedding day. She was on top of everything and was very reliable! On the actual day there's so many moving parts that sometimes you don't have time to explain where certain things need to be placed etc. so we basically only had time to hand Hannah a couple boxes of items, and she took care of everything beautifully! Everything was in it's place, where it was supposed to be. She was responsive and checked in on everyone frequently and was the point of contact for our vendors, which took a lot of pressure off of myself as the bride and my parents. Overall she gave me a lot of confidence, support, and was trustworthy on the most important day of my life! My husband and I were so happy to work with her and the Golden Coast team and would highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Joyce D. · Married on 10/12/2018

A perfect day

Jasmine was amazing! I had no worries on my special day. She took care of absolutely everything! Jasmine was extremely communicative and helpful. This lady is on it!"

Sent on 10/27/2018