Glow Weddings and Events Reviews

196 | Germantown, MD

196 Reviews for Glow Weddings and Events

Diana · Married on 11/15/2014

Kristi with Glow Weddings and Events was just fantastic for the Day of Planning services I hired her for. She went above and beyond what I expected from her at every step of the way. I was immediately impressed at the extensive planning document filled with questions she had, many I had not thought of! She helped me get across the planning finish line with her transition in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The day of she was prompt and immediately took charge. She handled all the details of the day, including some decorations I needed set up in the venue. But she really went above and beyond by packing up boxes of items at the end of the reception and returning them to our suite at the hotel so we could continue celebrating with our friends. To not have to have my mom do this or to worry about it myself was such a relief. She must have made several trips up to our room so it was no quick job and really was more than we could have expected.

She was exactly what we wanted for the day of to ensure we didn't have to worry about the little details and could just enjoy ourselves. I would recommend her for your wedding in an instant.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Manuel · Married on 09/28/2014

If it weren't for GLOW Wedding & Events, and Kristi Hartig in particular, I honestly don't think I could have survived my wedding. Her professionalism and experience were evident at every step of the process-- consistent calm, attention to detail, responsiveness, superior organizational skills, warmth and positivity--and during the final month, and especially the day of, I was literally stunned by how poised, relaxed, and effective she was.

In my work life, I also organize huge events with many moving pieces, and no matter how effectively I prepare, I am a MASSIVE stress case the day of the event. Not so with Kristi--our wedding day was a smashing success, every single thing came off without a hitch (I seriously can't remember putting out a single fire) , my wife and I were serene, untroubled, and happy, and the middle of it all, despite a thousand time-sensitive demands of which we were blissfully unaware, Kristi was model of calm in the eye of our wedding hurricane.

Thanks to Kristi Hartig and GLOW events, my wife and I survived the planning experience, thrived on our wedding day, and can happily cherish the memory of a perfect, blissful day with all of our favorite people in the world. To my mind, this is how a wedding should be, and it seems GLOW Events is in the business of making that happy ending the norm for all of their lucky clients. Cheers to GLOW!

Sent on 10/14/2014

GLOW (Kristi Hartig and her team) provided the day-of coordination for my wedding, and I really can't say enough good things about her organization skills and professionalism.

My (married) friends had told me that I should hire a day-of-coordinator, and I had initially vetoed the idea. As a type-A personality, I thought I could handle it all. However, my event location had a very strict timeline and would not allow us into the location to set up until 4 pm, less than two hours before my ceremony. Suddenly it occurred to me that I couldn't be everywhere at once -- I couldn't pull out the decor from my car, set up the tables & our DIY projects, get dressed, and take first-look pics during the same hour.

Enter Kristi. A friend-of-a-friend recommended her, and, as I told Kristi many times the day-of my wedding, she was the best money we spent.

Kristi helped us before the event by asking us questions in regard to our preferences, and providing ideas and helpful suggestions (but only when asked) in regard to how to make the event run more smoothly. The day-of, she handled all of the coordination before, during and after the event, including packing up all of our personal/decor items. She knew our timeline and preferences like the back of her hand, and even when things came up that were unexpected, she was cool as a cucumber -- and I did not have to lift a finger, she handled it all.

I would not hesitate to recommend GLOW to anyone looking for a planner or event coordinator. Kristi and her team are very good at what they do, and they provide incredible value for your money.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Noelle · Married on 08/30/2014

My wife and I are incredibly grateful we found Kristi. Kristi was able to quickly understand who we are as a couple, what was important to us, and immediately suggest some amazing vendors and an INCREDIBLE officiant that clicked perfectly with us and our styles. Everything turned out so amazingly beautiful - way better than I could have ever imagined. Her team is amazing at bringing all the elements together and making the event..well... GLOW! I promise they did not pay me to say that! ha!

Based on so many other people's experiences, I was ready to have my wedding be a whirlwind of stress and constant running around -so much that I would be lucky to remember from the pictures. But that was not my experience at all. Seriously, I had SO MUCH FUN at my wedding!! I wasn't worried about a thing! Kristi took care of everything, and I danced, laughed, ate, had amazing photography taken, and danced a whole lot more all without a worry because I knew everything else was taken care of. We had already worked out all the details, and everything was in Kristi's (and the vendor's) hands - all of whom I felt very safe with. I feel like they all became part of our family that night. Everyone had a blast. Nothing is worth being stressed and unable to enjoy the best day of your life!

Thank you Kristi!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Kristi did an excellent job! We signed up for the six-week out wedding package. Kristi gave us terrific recommendations for vendors. Everyone we hired for our wedding was recommended by Kristi! She helped us figure out all of the details...the timeline, transportation, decorations, logistics, etc. She thought of all of the things we would never have thought of ourselves. We were worried about how all of the ingredients would come together, but on the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly. We were able to just enjoy the day!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Alyssa · Married on 08/09/2014

Kristi is amazing!!! My wedding venue hasn't hosted a huge number of weddings, so I felt a little worried that there were alot of moving pieces, and stresses I didn't want to take on as the bride. When I searched for coordinators that had worked at this venue before, Glow and Kristi popped up, so I inquired. My first meeting made it an easy decision - Kristi is very knowledgeable, organized, and has a calming presence...I had no doubt my wedding would be in good hands, months before it even happened. Even though I used Glow for day-of coordination only, Kristi was easily accessibly for those few questions that nobody else could answer through the planning process. And, when it was a few weeks out from the wedding, boy did she on top of everything. There was not one aspect of the day that I felt stressed about because I knew it was well taken care of, and each step of the day went off smoothly because she was behind the scenes checking in on it all! I couldn't recommend her more highly - I wish I had more local friends getting married that I could refer to Glow!

Sent on 08/26/2014
  • Z

Zol · Married on 06/29/2014

Glow Weddings and Events did an awesome job during our wedding on June 29th, 2014. For the quality of work they provide and price they charge, you cannot ask for anything better. Tammy An who was our coordinator was more than excellent. She paid attention to details, followed all instructions, and was on time during the whole planning process. She made sure we had everything we needed and checked on us from time to time during the reception. Note that we had about 250 people at our wedding. Tammy Ann is just the best. I am glad we had her as our wedding coordinator. By God's grace, when we do our 5 year wedding anniversary, we will not look elsewhere but to Glow Weddings and Events.

Thank you Glow, thank you Tammy Ann....you are the best!

Sent on 07/06/2014

I'm the Father of the Bride and I looked for and found Glow after reading many different reviews - I'm very pleased I did. My daughter had a different coordinator in mind but when I talked to them they were very difficult and acted as if they were what was important instead of the event! So when I found Glow and they were very responsive, cost effective, and pleasant - that is who I trusted with our big wedding event. As stated I'm very happy with Glow and I highly recommend them. Our on-site coordinator Sonum was fantastic. It was a wonderful day.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Colette · Married on 06/07/2014

I hired Kristi as my Day-of-Coordinator for my June 7 wedding on the Eastern Shore. From the first meeting I had with Kristi, I felt very reassured that she would be the best person to manage the logistics and coordination of my wedding. She is the epitome of a DETAILS person; this woman does not miss a thing! I consider myself highly detailed and accurate and I made a huge mistake in the coordination of the transportation that could have resulted in several guests not being picked up for the wedding. Kristi reviewed every single document and found this error and immediately notified me. Quite frankly, she saved the day right there and it wasn't even my wedding yet~! The day of my wedding she had everything organized and flowing just as planned. When something didn't go according to schedule (who knew it would take 25 minutes and two people to figure out to bustle my french lace wedding gown) she just kept the flow of the reception going so it wasn't obvious I was missing and everyone was waiting on me. She also saved the day again when my band had the wrong first song written down; Kristi double-checked everything with them and fixed this error before our first dance! Her and her assistant worked incredibly hard the whole day to make sure everything was where it needed to be at a specific time. I highly recommend her for any wedding coordination! She was a pleasure to work with as well!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Kristi and her team were instrumental in making sure our wedding was a success. We ordered the "Glimmer" package because we were concerned that there'd be way too many details to track the month/weeks/days leading up to the wedding -- and we were right! Things that never occurred to me to ask about, or make sure we had, Kristi covered. She was great in drafting a feasible timeline and double checking/confirming w/all vendors, which is something my husband and I didn't have time to do as we both work busy full-time jobs. She certainly helped alleviate all anxiety I had about the logistics, because I knew all those issues were in Kristi's competent hands. I am really thankful to Kristi and her team b/c her services really allowed me to relax and enjoy the day!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Tammy · Married on 05/25/2014

I am certain my wedding would not have gone so smoothly if it wasn’t for the help of Sonum.

She made sure the details that I cared about were executed perfectly and resolved issues that I had no idea were happening until after the event. She made sure all activities started on time and helped adjust the schedule if we were running behind.

All my guests raved at how the event flow seemed effortless. They praised Sonum for always being available but never in the way. It was such a relief to be able to relinquish all wedding duties to such a reliable person and be able to enjoy the day.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Laura · Married on 04/26/2014

Hiring Glow Weddings and Events was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Kristi is absolutely fantastic! She offers the highest level of professionalism and organization and brings a wonderful, calming presence to your wedding day.

I selected the "month of" wedding package, but from the time of hiring Kristi a year in advance of the wedding, she was happy to provide excellent references for vendors and responded to questions via email. Beginning the month before my wedding, she made sure all of my vendor contracts were in order, attended the final walk-through in the reception space, reviewed every detail of the wedding with me, and attended our rehearsal at the church the day before the wedding.

On our wedding day, she and her assistant Shannon took care of everything! Kristi came to the church to ensure that the ceremony ran smoothly, while Shannon oversaw the set-up and arrival of all vendors at our reception space. I felt so calm on my wedding day because I knew that these fantastic professionals were in charge. It really enabled me, our parents, and bridal party to just relax and enjoy. I even received compliments from other vendors about how great it was to work with Kristi.

I highly recommend Glow Weddings and Events to anyone looking for a planner - Kristi went above and beyond for our wedding and I could not have been happier with her services.

Sent on 05/05/2014

K · Married on 04/05/2014

We hired GLOW Weddings and Events to handle month of and day of coordination and worked directly with Kristi, the owner. I'd note that the website isn't as polished as some of the other local planners I considered, but I'm REALLY glad that I didn't make my decision based on that one fact.
    Frankly, the first time we spoke Kristi kind of intimidated me, most of the other planners I'd spoken to were full of sunshine, this is the MOST important day of your life, and other WIC drivel. Kristi was excited to help us accomplish what we wanted to accomplish, without making us feel like that we weren't enough doing enough to celebrate "our special day".
    I think like most couples, in the days leading up to the wedding, we'd reached the point of being too overwhelmed to press forward and that's where Kristi really shined. She was there with key item to do lists and not so much pressure that I dissolved into a mess over all of the things I wanted to get done and but didn't have the time to do and why wasn't my wedding going to look like my carefully curated pinterest board.
    On the day of my wedding, my mantra was "That's Kristi's problem" and she handled it. From my bridemaids that were running a little in terms of getting dressed, my reader that got stuck at the airport, the custom cake stand not having all of the pieces, running out of white wine by the end of cocktail hour (I handed Kristi a credit card and she took care of the rest!), getting all of the DIY decor (aisle decorations and centerpieces) set-up, to removing DIY decor, leftover alcohol, etc. from the venue and returning them to our house. She even took our marriage license and mailed it for us!
    In sum, GLOW Weddings and Events was a true life saver leading up to and on the day of our wedding. Kristi was responsive, professional and invaluable in troubleshooting leading up and during the actual wedding. Her pricing was also an extremely great value, we definitely feel like we got more than we paid for.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Kristi, Sonum, and Amanda were there for us 110% from the initial consultation to the end of the reception. They were quick to respond to emails, texts, and phone calls and always provided knowledgable advice tailored for us. I even had the pleasure of spending some down time with Sonum and Amanda on my wedding day because they had everything ready ahead of time! During the reception, they were practically invisible and made sure everything ran smoothly. Finally, Glow's pricing structure is also clear and very competitive. Thank you ladies for everything!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Glow Weddings and Events was spectacular. Kristi and her assistant met our every need and request. She is very thorough and very professional. She follow up with me (groom) on many occasions on request she had made and where I had dropped the ball. On the day of the event, they were both on top of everything and even the most mundane request was met with a smile and with a "yes." Worth every. Single. Penny. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/04/2013

I am so thrilled we chose Kristi with GLOW for our wedding. We had our wedding at Woodend Sanctuary in Chevy Chase and she knows that place backwards and forwards. Kristi served as our day of planner and helped make sure I had everything ready for the big day. She coordinated our Rehearsal and was very thorough so everyone knew where to be and what do and when. She also coordinated with all our vendors to make sure they were on task for the wedding day. On the day of the photos took longer than expected and threw us off schedule- Kristi was able to help us make up the time and get to the next event by giving us options and NOT stressing us out. Honestly I could go on and on about how perfect my wedding team was and how grateful I am to have chosen Kristi. So if you are thinking of hiring a wedding coordinator or are not sure you even want one, you should hire her and get some peace of mind that you will not have to worry on your special day.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Ellen · Married on 10/19/2013

My husband and I got married at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in DC on October 19, 2013, and everything was absolutely perfect! The ballroom looked STUNNING, in large part due to GLOW Weddings & Events. Kristi was incredibly easy to work with, from our initial consult through the end of the reception. She was calm, attentive, and thorough. I gave Kristi little direction- I am not a "planner," so I am so so happy that we decided to go with GLOW for day-of coordination. I would not change one thing about our wedding or the service we received from GLOW! Everyone is still talking about our beautiful reception, and will be for years to come.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Amanda A. · Married on 10/12/2013

Kristi was awesome. She kept us on track throughout our planning. She made sure that we had everything ready right down to the tiniest detail. I don't know how we would have been ready without her. The day of she was there to make sure everything ran smoothly which helped make our wedding a huge success. If you're feeling overwhelmed with your planning, we definitely recommend Glow!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Sherri · Married on 10/06/2013

My daughter and I decided to use Kristi for the month of coordination, as both my daughter and I knew what we wanted for her wedding, but wanted someone to help with the end result. It was important for my daughter, that I enjoyed the wedding and didn't have to feel like the coordinator for this day. Because of the wedding location, there was no one person there to coordinate, and felt this was important. We are so happy we hired Kristi. Working with her for the last month was a pleasure. She is extremely detailed oriented, and made sure we shared everything we wanted her to be aware of for the day. She is calm, and nothing seems to ruffle her feathers. She was with us for much of the day, willing to do whatever was necessary. Hiring Kristi was a great decision for us.

Sent on 10/31/2013

One of the best decisions we made for my daughter's wedding! We chose the Blush package. Kristi helped us with the final preparation and was invaluable at the event. She helped with set up and seemed to always be in the right spot at the right time during the wedding. I was able to just relax and enjoy the day.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Kristi was a pleasure to work with and made the wedding planning process so much easier. The day of the wedding, I was able to relax because I trusted Kristi with all of the details. Our all-day wedding consisted of three events – two ceremonies and a reception, all at different venues. Kristi greeted all of the vendors when they arrived, provided instructions to the ushers and additional helpers, coordinated the timing of the ceremony procession, and ensured the reception seamlessly moved from event to event. She even picked up personal items (including the wedding dress!), food trays, and water bottles from my parent’s house and drove them to the ceremony and reception venues, which was so helpful.

I opted for the day-of coordination package, but Kristi spent at least 15 additional hours prior to the day-of, to meet with us for the final venue walk through, rehearsal, and other planning tasks. In retrospect, I would recommend their month-of or 6-week out coordination packages if you’re a bride planning the majority of the wedding alone. It takes the stress off of you and also allows for another set of eyes to review vendor contracts and additional planning details. Hiring Kristi was one of our best decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Cindy · Married on 09/14/2013

I got the shimmer package for assistance the month of. Kristi was awesome! She helped move everything along so smoothly so that I didn't have to worry about anything. She provided me with a questionnaire that helped me make sure every detail was considered and taken care of. As a primarily DIY bride I was in a bit over my head but she made me feel more confident that we weren't forgetting anything. It felt good to have an experienced person there. On the day of she wasted no time setting up everything from ceremony chairs to pinning tulle to the tables. She really did make it her job to make sure everything went perfect and thanks to her it did!! I had shopped around for wedding planners and some were way out of my budget. Glow wedding and Events was so reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Emily · Married on 08/10/2013

Kristi definitely went into the right line of work when she opened Glow. She is organized and helps you to be organized without being pushy. She did an amazing job in the weeks leading to my wedding and on the actual wedding day. I kept having friends and family ask me what they could do for me, but I didn't even have anything to do because Kristi was taking care of it. I would definitely recommend that if you want to avoid stress before your wedding hire Kristi.

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • JuneBride2013

Ali · Married on 06/15/2013

Even if you think you have it all under control, do yourself a favor and hire a coordinator, I’d recommend hiring Kristi.

Kristi was the day-of coordinator for my wedding, and I don’t know what I would have done without her. We met about 2 weeks before the wedding and anything we had been stressing about she took right off our plate or easily found a solution to a problem. She had sent us a gigantic list of questions to be answered for her before we met, and although in my head I had a “plan” for something, it hadn’t occurred to me to tell someone else. She took care of making sure all of my ideas and thoughts happened. Oh, except that one idea I had that I never told her about, that didn’t happen. whoops.

The day of the wedding I really couldn’t tell you how things went or if there were any major problems, I never knew about them if there were any issues. At the end of the night things were packed up and taken care of without even a moment of stress from me.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Diana · Married on 06/08/2013

Kristi from Glow Wedding and Events provided exceptional wedding coordination for my wedding day. I bought their Glow package which included day of coordination, rehearsal coordination, and vendor recommendations (email).

Kristi and Sonum worked extremely hard to make my wedding day completely flawless. I DIYed most of my wedding decor and ended up filling up Kristi's car w/ all of it. She set everything up just as I instructed, pretty much every detail was perfect. I didn't have to worry about anything on the day of because she took care of it. She even went and filled up my giant balloons on the day of wedding so we could take pictures with them. And when the wedding was over she packed everything up and brought it to my hotel room!

About 1 month before wedding day we had a meeting and she went through details with me that I hadn't even thought of. And as we got closer to the wedding she gave me lists of things i still need to either complete or give her. This was extremely helpful!! If it wasn't for her I would have definitely forgotten something on the day of.

I interviewed 5 wedding planners before deciding on Kristi. I liked that she had experience in weddings that weren't just at hotels because my wedding was outdoor at a barn. Hire Glow!!! It will be the best decision you made for your wedding, it certainly was mine!

Sent on 06/12/2013