Glow Weddings and Events Reviews

196 | Germantown, MD

196 Reviews for Glow Weddings and Events

Maggie · Married on 06/11/2016

It was great working with Kristi! She was very responsive in advance of the event and helped make sure everything went smoothly that day.

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • I

Ilana · Married on 05/29/2016

Glow was great to work with. They did everything in there power to help our wedding day go as smoothly as possible. I can not say enough positive things about them. Both Kristi and Katie were awesome to work with and helped with all the little details of the wedding.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Kirsten · Married on 05/28/2016

I cannot imagine trying to get through our wedding day and the weeks before without our day-of coordinator, Sarah! She did a fantastic job answering all my many questions and asking all the right ones of us and our vendors beforehand. Sarah was so calm and collected and truly made every detail come to life. I have a pretty type-A personality and she helped me relax and enjoy the day without worry. I would recommend Glow and Sarah to anyone interested.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Claudia · Married on 05/28/2016

Kristi was an amazing day-of coordinator! She kept us calm and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. Neither me nor my mom were stressed about anything! She followed directions to the letter and had excellent attention to detail, all with a smile on her face. We also thought she was very reasonably priced. We can't recommend her highly enough to people considering hiring a day-of coordinator.

Sent on 08/13/2016
  • Q

Quinn · Married on 05/21/2016

Glow Weddings and Events made the day of my wedding so smooth and painless - they are reliable, organized and professional. I'm a big organizer myself but I've certainly never planned a wedding before so there are so many logistical items which I either wasn't sure how to approach or didn't even realize needed to get sorted out. Having Glow there ensured that everything got taken care of and in the most efficient fashion! Absolutely worth having a coordinator (whether you pick day of, week of, month of or longer) to make sure that everything has been taken care of.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Sue · Married on 05/15/2016

We used GLOW for wedding coordination on the day of our wedding. Kristi provided invaluable assistance. She was attuned to every detail and conscientiously reminded of essential steps we might otherwise have missed. Kristi is extraordinarily well-organized and know the requirements of wedding coordination in a way no one-time bride or groom can.

Sent on 06/05/2016

Kristi helped us plan our ~200 person wedding in Washington, DC during Cherry Blossom season, while my finance and I were both living out of the country and most of our family were in Ohio and NC. She is everything you want in a wedding planner - creative AND exceptionally organized! She thinks of it all - runs with your vision and has ideas when you don't. We receive continuous compliments about the wedding, but we couldn't have pulled together such a fantastic team without Kristi. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Kristi was our day-of coordinator for our recent February wedding in Washington, D.C. I can't adequately describe how terrific she was through every one of our interactions -- from the detailed lists she sent over once our coordination period kicked off, her informative phone calls, expert coordination of our rehearsal and finally, making sure our wedding day went off without a hitch! She is incredibly meticulous, thoughtful and calm, which is exactly what you want in a coordinator. My now-husband was so skeptical that we needed a day-of coordinator, but I insisted on one and we hired Kristi. When Kristi sent over her questions that outlined everything we needed to take care of for our wedding (many that didn't even come across our minds), now-husband turned to me, said how much he liked Kristi and said: "Thank you for making us hire a coordinator." We initially heard of GLOW through a referral from a recently-married colleague, and it was the best referral we got (and we got many!) during the course of our wedding planning.

Sent on 04/04/2016

We just used Glow for our wedding in December, and I could not be happier with their service. We worked with Kristi Hartig, and Kristi was incredible. We actually got her name from our Caterer, Main Event, because they had worked together before. We contracted Kristi for month-of planning and day-of coordinating, and she was critical in helping me get all of the details together and make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. She asked a lot of questions upfront so she knew exactly what to do every minute of the big day, and wouldn't have to ask any questions during the event - and the wedding went flawlessly. Not only that, Kristi was absolutely a pleasure to work with AND her services don't break the bank. I would highly, highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Michael · Married on 11/14/2015

The whole team at Glow Weddings was amazing. They met with us several times before the day of the event even though we just had a "day of coordinator" everything went perfectly without a hitch from the elaborate hour and a half wedding ceremony, the bag pipes, the Choir, the horse and buggy, all our photos, managing the DJ and the pre-party, cocktail hour, reception and close down. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • User5542039 · 2+ years ago

I would give Kristi Hartig of Glow Weddings and Events 10 stars if I could. I am the mother of the bride and hired Kristi to help me and my daughter (out-of-state) plan a wedding in Maryland. We could not have had such a wonderful wedding without Kristi. She is everything anyone would want in a wedding planner -- friendly, knowledgeable, organized, efficient, reliable, responsive, and very professional. She helped us select the perfect vendors for the wedding, and had wonderful suggestions and ideas. Kristi coordinated and scheduled everything during the weeks leading up to the wedding and made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. We are all so glad we hired Kristi and give her the highest recommendation possible.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Kristi is very organized, professional, and accommodating.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Ann · Married on 10/17/2015

We used Glow for their day-of coordination package (Blush package). Absolutely some of the best money we spent on the entire wedding! Our coordinator was Sonum, and she was wonderful to work with. Leading up to the wedding, she asked all the questions that my fiancee and I hadn't thought of yet, which helped us to be much better prepared. The day of, she kept things organized and on track, and she has a very calm presence--which made me feel comfortable leaving things in her hands. So great to have some peace of mind and to be able to actually just focus on getting married!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Hannah · Married on 10/11/2015

Kristi was amazing! We got the Blush package in which she provided services for the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. She was professional and very knowledgeable. She answered all our questions during our 1.5 years of planning and she was quick to respond to all our emails. Everything went smoothly thanks to Kristi and we didn't even know if there were any hiccups. Using Glow was one of the best decisions we've made!

Sent on 10/16/2015

We really enjoyed working with Kristi to plan our wedding at Woodend Sanctuary. We hired Glow for day-of planning, but it felt like Kristi helped us with so much more than just day-of. She responded to emails and phone calls leading to our wedding, coordinated our rehearsal, provided us great advice, recommended vendors, and was very organized and reliable. Having Kristi be there the day of the wedding made me feel so great because I knew everything would be taken care of and I could just focus on enjoying my wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kelli · Married on 09/26/2015

I can't say enough about this vendor. From our first conversation, Kristi was awesome. She was attentive, knew all the right questions to ask, and provided fantastic service. I was a major DIY bride so I hired GLOW for day-of services and could not have been happier with my decision. I met with Kristi a month before my wedding and spent 2 hours unloading 2 years of information I had been building up. She was meticulous in knowing every detail and I trusted her to help make my wedding day a stress-free event. She came through big time. Everything was what I dreamed it would be; Kristi made sure the image I had in my head was what was created for my event. She fixed details that needed fixing, gave her honest opinion when I needed it, and ensured that the event went off without a hitch. I'd recommend this company to anyone having an event.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

Kristi was AMAZING. I hired her for month of planning and I never regretted it for a moment. It was a little pricey but the peace of mind I got with her hired was well worth it. She handled everything, always checked in with what I wanted, and kept me on schedule. I would recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Rachel · Married on 07/19/2015

Hiring Kristi as our Day-of-Coordinator was the best decision I made during the wedding planning process. She made the last steps of planning and thinking through details seamless. She was a LIFE SAVER for the wedding day. She was able to coordinate with all of the vendors, ensure that everything ran smoothly, and bring it and take out many items (decorations, favors, escort cards/table numbers, etc). I would highly recommend hiring her for your wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Kristi was awesome!! She was always responsive and to the point. With such little set up time at our venue, Kristi made it work with our schedule. The wedding turned out perfectly and she's a trooper! While we were on the last bits of our budget to make it work with her, she was well- worth it. We would highly recommend her to anyone in the DC, MD, VA area.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Natalie · Married on 06/06/2015

Kristi pretty much saved my sanity. I originally hired Kristi for her most basic Blush package. I thought I had all the rest of the details handled. And then, a week before the wedding, I found myself a week late on getting the DJ a schedule, without a wedding ceremony plan or program, and out of time. I emailed Kristi while she was on vacation, asking if I could purchase some sanity from her by way of a package upgrade, and she swooped in and saved the day. She not only took care of plotting out the schedules for my family and my vendors, but also helped me cover a ton of last-minute logistics. And that's not all. Kristi also transported all our wedding wine from our house to our venue (and the leftovers back home after the wedding). She gave us some excellent vendor recommendations throughout the planning process. She was generally a nice, calming, and very helpful presence. And she was a much more affordable day-of coordinator than most people around DC. She did a great job.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kathy · Married on 05/23/2015

Kristi Hartig was amazing. Flexible, organized, knowledgeable and professional.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Julie · Married on 05/02/2015

The coordinator was on top of all details and clarified some where both mother of the bride and matron of honor had both agreed to take care of. The reception went off smoothly and everyone had a good time.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Danielle · Married on 05/01/2015

We hired Kristi from Glow as our 'Month End' coordinator.
    At first, we didn't get the warm and fuzzy w/ Kristi, however, all I can say is that she saved our day! Without her, it would have been extremely challenging.

Six weeks prior to our wedding, it was very stressful. As we approached our date, Kristi kicked in and reminded us how much we had forgotten. She is very on-point and did an excellent job with all of the minutia and nailed every last detail. Glow made our day magical, the entire event ran smoothly, on time and our guests were extremely happy. As the bride and groom, we were thrilled with her service :)

We would have no hesitation in recommending Kristi and if we had to do it all over again, we wouldn't choose anyone else!

Sent on 05/13/2015

I recently used GLOW Wedding and Events to coordinate my wedding on the day of. I was married at a newer venue that doesn't have an onsite coordinator, so requires you to bring one in. This is not something we originally budgeted for so it threw us for a loop. I was so thankful when I found GLOW, they were the best priced company in the area.

We had Tammy as our coordinator and she was amazing. From the start,Tammy was always very attentive and responsive in her emails and answers. It was very easy to work with her and she left no detail and question unattended or unanswered. When I requested a change, she openly accepted it or carefully explained why it couldn't be changed. She was very helpful in running rehearsal, she dealt with herding nearly 30 wedding party attendants around to their places. I commend her for being able to organize such a large wedding party.

On the day of, she came by the hotel to pick up several personal items and transport them all to the venue. When we got to the venue for pictures she had already begun setting things up and helped organize the group for pictures and then let the photographer take over. She made sure to keep us on schedule and make sure we knew if we were falling behind. When we needed someone for pictures, she ran around to find them. She made sure I was always taken care of with water or a drink, even before things started. The night was pretty much flawless in my eyes, everything I requested and provided my self for decorations was set up as I had asked. If there were any issues or problems, I didn't know and still don't know about them so to me it was a perfect night and I truly thank Tammy for that. My husband and dad (the one who paid!) and I all agree that paying for a coordinator, specifically Tammy, was the most well spent money in the budget!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Lia · Married on 03/08/2015

We worked with Kristi for Day of Coordination for our March wedding. She was really great to work with -- she was very detail oriented, incredibly organized, and a very calming presence both prior to and during the wedding. She was on top of every detail -- she sent us lists of questions, reviewed every document and plan that we had, and on the day of the wedding, we could relax knowing that she was taking care of everything. She was flexible and able to work with us even when we hit minor snags - for example when our caterer didn't show up for our walkthrough because they had mistaken the date, she walked through the space with us, helped us think through all the details, and drafted a list of questions to confirm with the caterer when we were finally able to meet with them. We were also hit by a snowstorm two days before the wedding, and on the exact day we had intended to deliver the stuff for the wedding (placecards, favors, candles etc) we were unable to drive out to Kristi. In order to make things easier for us, she drove out to the hotel where we were staying on the morning of the wedding, and picked everything up (it ended up being a lot of boxes, requiring several trips up and downstairs).
    Finally, our wedding was a traditional Orthodox Jewish wedding, and had a lot of intricate details. Kristi knew the ins and outs of a Jewish wedding, and was able to help us visualize how it would work within the space that we were using.
    Based on our experiences, I would highly recommend that you contact and use Glow Weddings and Events!

Sent on 03/16/2015