Glow Weddings and Events Reviews

196 | Germantown, MD

196 Reviews for Glow Weddings and Events

Colleen · Married on 08/19/2017

Kristi was absolutely incredible- thorough and thoughtful. I highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Anthony · Married on 06/24/2017

Kristi was the single-best decision we made for our wedding. She made the day easy, calm and organized. She dealt with situations that arose seamlessly, quickly and, frankly, without us knowing anything was up. She was efficient in her questioning, unbelievably organized and was the cool hand behind-the-scenes that let our wedding go off without a hitch. We cannot recommend her services enough!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Barbara · Married on 06/03/2017

Kristi from Glow Weddings was easy to work with, very detail oriented and worked well with all the vendors. Virtually everything that we needed to consider was reviewed and decided, so on the day of the wedding and reception everything went so seamlessly. The bride, groom and family members were able to just enjoy the day and not sweat the details.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Allison · Married on 05/06/2017

We are so thankful we had Kristi leading up to and on the day of our wedding. She truly made everything a breeze. From the very beginning, Kristi was attentive, dedicated, organized, calm and reassuring. She is exactly the kind of person you want orchestrating everything on the big day. You get pulled in every direction the day of and it’s easy to forget something or be where you need to be. Kristi helped us stay on schedule with photos, dances, cake cutting, etc. to ensure we had time to really enjoy the night. We would recommend Kristi and Glow without hesitation.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Nick · Married on 05/06/2017

Honestly, I was of the belief that a day-of coordinator would be completely unnecessary. That may very well be true for some, but I can say with certainty that Kristi Hartig was of utmost importance to the success of our wedding. Kristi's calm-mannered, but assertive, attitude allowed us to accomplish everything we had hoped for our wedding day while never having to worry about a single thing. I am incredibly grateful for Kristi and her services provided; she made our special day perfect.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

If I could give Kristi more than 5 stars, I would. Sweet heavens. LESS THAN A MONTH before our wedding, my now-husband and I figured out that we really needed a day-of coordinator. (We were doing a lot of things ourselves, and needed someone to put up and take down decorations, as well as coordinate between vendors, provide a little timeline consultation, and help with the general flow of things on the actual day.) Our caterer recommend Kristi, I got in touch, and thankfully she not only had the day open, but was willing to take on a quasi-last-minute job. From there, I swear I felt a physical weight lifted from my shoulders. She was unbelievably thorough in the (expedited) planning phase, and made the day go smoother than I could have hoped for. Since the wedding, three separate guests have commented to me specifically about the flow of the wedding/reception and how it felt effortless. A lot of that was due to Kristi. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Liz · Married on 04/22/2017

We planned our wedding in about 5 months. I don't know what we would have done without Glow. There were so many logistics that I would have never thought about. Everything I was worried about, they had a solution for. Kristi helped us with our vendors. Every vendor she recommended was amazing. She helped coordinate with them so that we didn't have to worry about it, and it seriously reduced my stress levels to no longer have to receive 15 wedding e-mails a day from different vendors. She kept us organized and reminded us about payment due dates.

Sonum and Katie were with us on the day of as our coordinators. They did such a great job, everything went so smoothly, and I wasn't stressed for 1 second on our wedding day. It rained all day on our wedding day, so we had to switch to plan B of moving everything inside. I thought everything turned out perfect despite having to relocate, and we never would have pulled it off without Sonum and Katie.

Sent on 04/30/2017

C · Married on 04/15/2017

I cannot more highly recommend Kristi as a wedding and event planner. She was a delight to work with, and very organized. Kristi kept all the details of our wedding straight, managed communications with the venue and vendors, and ensured the event ran well. We counted on her extensive rolodex of contacts to pick wonderful vendors. It was clear she maintains a strong relationship with a network of vendors because even with a short time-line, we were able to contract some of the best in the business. She listened closely to what we wanted, and helped us strike just the right note. Knowing Kristi was managing the event meant we could relax and enjoy our wedding. She and her team kept the event running perfectly. I would highly recommend working with Kristi and her team for your event.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Alicia · Married on 03/18/2017

Kristi and team was the best money I spent during my wedding. The day of my wedding was seamless and they were a godsend. I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. Glow Weddings is truly a gem!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Tamar · Married on 01/15/2017

Hiring Glow as our wedding coordinator was easily the best investment we made. Though we only booked the day-of package, Kristi went above and beyond a month earlier to ensure we have all our plans in place. Her planning document was tremendously helpful in organizing our thoughts about process and logistics, and she always asked great questions that reminded us what we still need to work out. On the day of the wedding, she ensured that everything went smoothly and troubleshooted as needed. I have not heard of one glitch during our wedding day, and that is all due to her and her assistant's coordination. She confirmed all our vendors throughout the day, and ensured our wedding shuttles were running on time. It was so nice to leave the venue at the end of the night knowing everything was already perfectly packed and organized. I would recommended Glow in a heartbeat.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Greg · Married on 01/15/2017

GLOW saved our wedding. We had ended a contract with a previous planner who had decided to change professions. The planners at GLOW helped us get everything back on track to create our perfect wedding. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a helpful, organized, and innovative team of wedding professionals.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Hanna · Married on 01/15/2017

Life Savers! When our wedding planner quit 4 months before our wedding, our friend introduced us to Kristi. She was already booked for another wedding but put together a day of team with Katie in the lead.
    Kristi and Katie sent us a list of questions the next day and within 24 hours were completely up to speed and had found all the holes our first planner had missed over the previous 10 months!
    On the day-of I was completely carefree! Katie handled everything that came up (and things always come up) and left my husband and I to enjoy our party!
    I'm so glad we ended up with Kristi and Katie from GLOW - I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Sent on 03/14/2017

Laura · Married on 10/22/2016

What more can I say but GLOW is AMAZING! I hired Kristi as my day-of coordinator for my October 22nd wedding in DC and can honestly say that working with her and her team was the best planning decision I made. I had a relatively long engagement (1.5 years) and thought I was really on top of everything (oh, i have lots of time, I said!) Well, about 1.5 months out after our walk-through I started to panic about all the things left to do (chasing rsvps, doing seating charts, picking music, finalizing decorations, logistics, etc.). Kristi was incredibly helpful the whole time - recommending vendors (who I used and were great!), keeping me on track with her planning docs, and being available for calls as needed. I'm a bit of a control freak and the thought of relinquishing control on the wedding day was frightening for me. Never once did I feel like Kristi wasn't on top of things, she remembered everything I wanted and worked to make it just right (even having a last minute conference call the Thursday before to calm my nerves when I found out we had a last minute contact change at the venue). Even though I had a small wedding party and 120 guests there were still a lot of logistics - two venues, transportation in between, separate car for me and my husband, hotels spread all over the city - but she handled it like a pro. She even brought in an assistant to help the day of but didn't charge me extra, she just wanted it to run smoothly and did what needed to be done.

The best part for me was her demeanor. She's extremely calm and professional which is exactly what you need the day of. Nothing seemed to phase her - If anything went wrong behind the scenes, I never knew it! Throughout the reception she would appear and give me some direction or ask a discrete question but I never felt like she was imposing, just keeping a watchful eye on us to make sure the day was perfect. You can't go wrong with GLOW - Thank you Kristi!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Shelley · Married on 10/21/2016

Kristi and her team are great! Kristi gave me peace of mind throughout the planning process, and most importantly, on the wedding day. She is extremely detailed oriented and has a very calming presence. As a worry-wart MOB, I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding, knowing that Kristi would take care of any problems that might arise.

Sent on 11/12/2016
  • Katje

Katje · Married on 10/16/2016

Even before the first meeting, Kristi was nothing but professional. We spoke with a number of different coordinators, but chose Glow because Kristi instilled absolute confidence that she could and would handle any issues that arose. Our primary concern was that we wouldn't even have to think about the details day of and that was absolutely the case. If anything went wrong, we were complete unaware. We were able to focus on our family and friends and just have a great time!

Kristi even took care of last minute details that me or my family had simply run out of time to do. It was so reassuring to have her there to guide us through all the steps leading up to and including day of. Kristi also pitched in to alleviate stress when we found ourselves in a bind in picking up/delivering our flowers the afternoon of our wedding.

We wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend Kristi!

Sent on 11/22/2016
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/15/2016

Wow! I am so glad that we ended up working with Kristi! We worked with her in the month leading up to our wedding, and it was perfect. The first time we met, Kristi was already writing down a to-do list of things that my fiance and I wanted to do and thought would be a special part of our wedding. Kristi created and shared timelines for all of the bridal party as well as for vendors that we were using. The day-of Kristi met us at the church, while her day-of assistant was at our venue. Kristi was even kind enough to pull in someone additional to help with transportation. Kristi was professional, but also patient with me as we drew closer to the ceremony start time. She made sure from the time the ceremony started until the end of the evening that my fiance and I were everywhere that we needed to be. She kept us on schedule, helped coordinate with our photographers to make sure we had pictures of everyone, and made sure that we didn't miss any of our special moments during the reception. I would highly recommend Kristi to anyone who just wants everyone to be able to have a good time at the wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Adeline · Married on 09/24/2016

I was very happy with my decision to use Glow for my wedding coordination. Everything happened according to plan, thanks to Kristi and her team.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Abigail · Married on 09/18/2016

Kristi was fantastic! Calm and helpful throughout the planning process and at the wedding itself. In turn, she made me calm (the bride :) I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Sona · Married on 08/27/2016

There's no way to truly do justice to how amazing Tammy was with an online review, but I'll try. There were 1857462 things about our wedding that could have, and probably were going to go wrong. I won't go into all of them here but trust me, if it's a problem you think you might have, I had it. Rogue uninvited guests, battling Nigerian and Armenian traditions, and an aggressively perfectionist bride were all on that list. In a short period of time, Tammy answered all of my 150 questions a day, was super responsive via email, phone, and text. She often anticipated my questions and answered them before I even knew I had them. She anticipated problems I never even considered - and I thought I had considered everything. She worked her A$$ off the week of the wedding, and even more so on the day of the wedding. Have you ever heard of nothing at all, not one thing going wrong at a wedding? It happened for me. And I am 100% confident that would not have been the case without her. I had a combination of experienced and VERY inexperienced vendors. My venue only allowed for setup ONE HOUR before the ceremony. How she managed catering, decoration, tent, alcohol delivery, backdrop setup, DJ, photographers, and pestering from 4 picky, in your face parents, I don't know. But she did it all with grace and patience. Can you believe that this multicultural, 200 person wedding with chronically late and slow family members, was COMPLETELY ON TIME?! Tammy kept us on schedule without us ever feeling rushed. She truly was a gift from the wedding gods and in hindsight I would have paid three times the fees GLOW charged me to ensure my wedding would be perfect - because that's what Tammy did, gave me a perfect wedding. Highly recommend GLOW for the company's professionalism and if you have a choice - you need Tammy.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Kassi · Married on 08/20/2016

I resisted getting a wedding coordinator. I am pretty organized, so I thought for sure I can do it myself. The more I got into wedding planning, the more I realized after all of the work and all of the money spent, I wanted to be able to enjoy the day and not be the one to handle problems that would of course come up. After reading reviews of Glow and seeing pictures of their weddings, I knew they were right for my event. I worked with Sonum, and she is fantastic--so responsive and organized. I got the day of coordination package, but it feels like you get more because they meet with you beforehand to make sure you've thought of all of the details (many of which you don't know about because you're not the expert). I was able to fully enjoy my day, knowing that Sonum had everything under control and would troubleshoot any problems that arose. When I walked into my reception, she had done such a beautiful job with setting up the decorations, and it looked exactly as I'd envisioned. I highly recommend Glow!

Sent on 09/19/2016
  • W

Will · Married on 08/06/2016

My wife and I used GLOW as our month-of wedding planners and we could not have been happier. Kristi and Sonum were consummate professionals throughout the entire process. They ensured everything went off without a hitch the day of the wedding and actually helped us with planning well before just the month prior to the wedding. Their extensive questionnaire really helped us formulate much of the wedding's flow. Their familiarity with our venue (Woodend Sanctuary) and with the caterer we chose (Main Event) were also of great help.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Kk · Married on 07/16/2016

My advise to anyone planning a wedding is to hire Kristi ASAP! Book her now! She is the bargain of the century and was absolutely key to the wedding of my daughter and son-in-law coming off without a hitch. She is very professional and reserved; not a "Frahnk" in the least. We wanted to keep the wedding unique, a bit low-key, elegant, somewhat traditional but without every single trapping. Kristi had us focused and detail-oriented. She was persistent without being annoying and completely unfazed by anything. As a result, we were able to be finished with the pre-wedding preparations 4 days before the big day -- we truly relaxes and enjoyed. Kristi quietly provided many many many excellent ideas for us as we were finding our way (e.g., a simple program printed on a hand-held fan). Not once did she push us to do a bigger or fancier wedding. She was incredibly available and responsive (we had the month-of coordinator package, which for us was perfect). I have one more daughter's wedding to plan and my first vendor call will be to Kristi.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Tara · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I are DC area wedding photographers. When it came to picking our day-of coordinator for our wedding at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, VA, we knew we wanted to hire Kristi and her team. We had seen Glow Weddings and Events in action many times at various weddings we had photographed and were impressed by their professionalism, responsiveness, and the relationships they created that day with the other vendors. Prior to the wedding Kristi provided us with detailed questions that helped us complete our planning and organize our vendor team. As you may know, the set-up time at the Torpedo Factory is always a time crunch. We knew Kristi would be able to handle coordinating our many vendors so that we would be able to start our ceremony on time. She did a fantastic job with this! We were also lucky to have the support of Tammy, one of Kristi's assistants. She attended our walk-through meetings at the venue and was a huge part in making our event a success. We had around 230 wedding guests and throughout the wedding Kristi and Tammy kept our timeline organized so that our guests could enjoy themselves. We give our highest recommendation to Glow Weddings and Events. Thank you so much for all of your help at our wedding! You guys are great!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2016

I'm not sure what we would have done without Kristi! She did everything we asked and the night ran smoothly and perfectly. It was so nice not to have to worry about anything - she took care of everything. She is extremely professional and straight to the point, which I loved. She always responded to emails extremely quickly which made me very happy :) She was awesome, hiring a day of coordinator was one of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 06/27/2016