Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

198 | Alexandria, VA

198 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery

• Andrea

Andrea Borrelli · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible to work with from start to finish!

Back in May 2019, I kicked off my wedding dress search at Global Bridal and went with a little group to have the whole experience. The GBG team helped make it such an incredibly special appointment and gave me the whole experience (which apparently is not the norm, because the second place we went to literally made me cry and they were not happy tears). After going to about 6 or so other stores, I was not finding at all what I was imagining and the dresses I had wanted to try weren't in stock in the area, so I decided to go back to GBG with just my mom. When we walked in, we were greeted by Marie, who is so incredibly kind and friendly, who told me they had just received a new dress that no one had even tried on yet but it seemed similar to the dresses I had been looking for. I put it on immediately and didn't want to take it off. It meant so much that they really listened and thought about what I was looking for.

The alterations were fantastic as well. I worked with Stacie initially and had this really extra idea of adding tulle bows that acted kind of like a cape/veil. She completely understood what I was looking for, got super excited with me, and helped us create the effect so I could wear it for my ceremony and take it off after.

We are now in the process of going back to GBG for the preservation services because they have been so wonderful and trustworthy every step of the way.

Also, they are right next to District Taco, so when you are super hungry after a fitting, you can grab some pretty good tacos. Just felt that was helpful to add.

Sent on 08/28/2020
  • Donleigh

Donleigh Honeywell · Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect, easy going!

Danielle was terrific, she did not rush me and took her time in helping me find the right fit, style of dress and shared options I could do to customize it or update it. I was very grateful for her ability to listen and work with me, it helped the stressful situation seem seamless! I also had the fitting down here and it was the best. All the staff were great from giving advice, doing the alterations, making or changing appointments and being flexible on dates. I would truly recommend this store and any of the staff as an excellent place to purchase, alter and even clean/store your wedding dress! Thank you all for making my day a special one 😘

Sent on 12/26/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/26/2019

So happy from start to finish!

Global bridal and their employees are excellent to work with. I went a few different places before this place, and was feeling discouraged.
    I showed a picture of what I was looking for to the person helping us out on the particular Saturday we went, and the second dress I tried on I fell in love!
    Reasonably priced and they were super helpful from start to finish.
    Could not of been happier!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/18/2019

Incredible team!

I initially chose to visit GBG due to all their 5-star reviews. Bridal shops can be a little uncomfortable when sharing your size, budget, style, etc. Global Bridal Gallery listened to my needs and feedback and respected my budget from the first visit! They were very honest about costs “that dress is beautiful, but, it’s more than your budget…” and then would find me a similar style dress within my budget. I actually came back a few times to try on dresses and they were extremely patient each time. They were upfront about the adjustments that would need to be made to the dress I finally picked and how much those would cost. On my wedding day, I had a dress that looked like it was MADE FOR ME thanks to Global Bridal Gallery!! And yes, my husband cried when he saw me in it. Wonderful experience and would recommend to any and all brides!!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • O

Olivia Calzada · Married on 10/13/2019

Get your wedding dress here!

You guys. BEST VALUE IN NOVA FOR A WEDDING GOWN. I got the wedding gown of my dreams for such a reasonable price. Besides, I had such a fun dress shopping experience, and the staff is just the sweetest. They had my gown altered way ahead of time, which left plenty of time for any last minute details.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/05/2019

Danielle is outstanding!

Global Bridal Gallery is amazing. I went with my Mom and FMIL, not thinking I would leave buying my wedding dress. I went in knowing whatr style I liked, which was a high neck. I described to Danielle elements in a dress I liked, and Danielle brought out the first dress, which ended up being MY wedding dress! The whole experience was amazing, between the fittings, picking out the bridesmaid dresses, etc. The staff is so friendly (which surprisingly, is hard to come by these days!) Price for what I got out of my dress was perfect for me. They have a huge variety of dresses!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Marisa

Marisa · Married on 09/07/2019

Great Experience!

I ordered a dress today and will update this review after the dress arrives, but I had to share my wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery. At my first visit, I was stick in traffic and 20 minutes late - they were about to close and rather than turning me away, four of the consultants stayed and helped me as a group! The team was so positive and seemed genuinely enthusiastic for me. They had many beautiful options but I had an extremely specific idea in mind of what I wanted, so I did not “say yes” to a dress at my first appointment.

After visiting 10+ stores in the DC metro area with no luck finding my dream dress within budget, I started looking at dresses online. I found a few that were perfect but none of the stores in the area carried a sample. Most stores seemed uninterested in helping me try any dress on that was not currently in their store. Some did offer to have a sample shipped but it would take a long time and I would have to pay a substantial fee just to try it on. Finally, one of the vendors I contacted told me a sample was available to try in a store but it was over 100 miles from my home. Fortunately, Global Bridal Gallery stepped in (they are much closer to me) and was willing to work with the vendor to get the sample for me in only 3 days and no charge! I ended up purchasing the dress and they called the manufacturer while I was there to ensure they were getting the best information for me- they made recommendations to save money on alterations/customizations and took great care when speaking to the dress manufacturer to ensure they could accommodate my customization requests and get the best sizing for me.

They were upfront about all costs and were very organized and thorough. I feel confident that there will not be any surprises or issues when I pick it up even though I had quite a few customizations.

If you are looking for an enthusiastic, meticulous, and accommodating team to help you get the perfect dress, this is your place!

Sent on 01/25/2019
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful Buying Experience

My purchasing experience was wonderful. Marie was awesome, She is down to earth, she does not push to you purchase anything, and she is very up front. I had an awesome experience.

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful experience!

I feel as though I have lived at Global Bridal for the past year between my friends’ wedding dress fittings and my own! I wouldn’t have traded it for the world! Marie is the wedding dress whisperer and I felt like she knew my vision for my dress before I even did! I also chose to have my dress altered at Global and I am so happy I did because Ms Joyce was a miracle worker! I am so happy with her work because I felt so comfortable and beautiful on my wedding day! Excellent service, communication and flexibility! They were all very accommodating to my schedule for my fittings! I would highly recommend Global to any bride out there!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Joyce Tam · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Dress, Affordable Price

Being a woman on the thicker, shorter side, I knew it would be difficult finding a wedding dress. But Danielle at Global Bridal Gallery found me the perfect one. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was the right one. It was strapless with a simple lace pattern and an A line skirt, which was quite flattering on someone with my body shape. The tailoring team then did a wonderful job of hemming the dress, creating the bustles, and tweaking the bodice to fit me. I loved my experiences at Global Bridal Gallery, and I owe it to them for making me look gorgeous on my big day.

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Anna

Anna Maria · Married on 06/24/2019

Exceptional + Friendly Service!

From the moment we walked into Global Bridal gallery, I was met with excitement and care. The attendant who helped me, Marie was so kind and found the exact dress I was looking for. It was literally the first dress I tried on in the store, and I knew it was the one. I also decided to have my dress altered there and received exceptional service. It was a pleasure and ease working with Stacie, and she always made me feel comfortable and made me trust her with altering my wedding dress. I couldn't recommend this place more - beautiful dresses, and great service - you can't go wrong!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing experience!

I had such a great experience buying my dress from Global Bridal Gallery! They have a large selection and were able to pull a ton of dresses for me to try on the fit my vision and my budget. I found my dream dress during my first visit and after two alterations appointments, it fit perfectly. Every staff member I interacted with was friendly, helpful, and made the whole process enjoyable and stress-free!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Noel Brooks · Married on 05/24/2019

Brooks/Mitchell Wedding 5/24

The ladies at Global bridal were wonderful to work with over the last 6 months. Everything from the day of trying on gowns, to the delivery of my gown, alterations, and final fitting was a great experience.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Stephanie · Married on 05/10/2019

I went shopping here for my wedding dress and, although I didn't find my dress here, I had a great experience. I worked with Vickie on two separate visits, and she was incredibly sweet and helpful. She found a number of beautiful dresses for me, all within my price range. The store itself has a very nice selection, although I was a little disappointed that they didn't have many of the dresses that I had wanted to try on from Watters' Willowby line. Nevertheless, I would totally recommend this shop if you are in the market for wedding apparel!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

OH MY GOSH! This place is a diamond in the rough! 5 stars aren't enough. The love you feel from the moment you walk into the boutique is overwhelming and exceptional! Global bridal exceeded my expectations and then some. They have a huge selection and pay attention to your unique needs and wants. I had tried on about 38 dresses before coming to Global Bridal and I was beginning to lose hope that I would ever find MY DREAM dress. When I had expressed that to Marie (who was the sweetest, loving and most patient woman on the earth) she said don’t worry, I'm going to find you your dream dress. She started of good and kept getting better. She kept her word and I left Global Bridal with my dream dress that I thought never existed. I am so overwhelmed with joy I can't stop looking at my dress online and I can't wait for my fiancé to see me in it. I would definitely recommend this boutique to any and every one. Their customer service speaks for its self they make you feel like family and they share in the joy of finding your dress as if you are their own child/family member. Again 5 stars are not enough they should get 10 stars! Thank you again Global Bridal xoxoxo

Sent on 01/03/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience, perfect dress

I visited four bridal salons to find my dress, but my favorite dresses AND the best experience was at Global Bridal Gallery by far. My consultant Marie was full of energy and enthusiasm. She also really understood my taste from a simple explanation. While I liked dresses at other salons, I didn't have the full wedding dress shopping experience. At the end of my appointment there were three dresses that I loved, but I waited until after my final Bridal salon appointment to make a decision. The next salon the I went to just could not compare. The next day I was back to buy an Eddie K at Global Bridal Gallery.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Af A · Married on 10/12/2018

Great Experience

Everyone at Global Bridal is so nice and helpful. I showed a few pictures for ideas, and they knew exactly what dress to pull. I had less than two months, but they worked their magic, and were able to get the dress and alter it. A friend recommended Global Bridal to me, and I also would recommend friends to come here!

Sent on 01/05/2019

R · Married on 10/06/2018

My experience with global bridal gallery was outstanding! Their team went above and beyond to make the whole process seamless. Surki helped me choose the most amazing and flattering wedding dress. Marie helped me choose complimentary bridesmaids dresses and all of the ladies in the alterations department made everything fit perfectly like a glove. I felt like the best version of myself on my wedding day all thanks to the wonderful team at GBG! So many guests were in awe of my dress and I was even told I resembled Audrey Hepburn. The best compliment ☺️ Thank you for all that you do and keep up the phenomenal work! If I could do it all over again I would choose this shop every time.

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Say Yes to Global Bridal!

Global Bridal was the second bridal shop I visited and the last. I went in thinking I had already chosen my dream dress from another place even though it needed a lot of changes done to it to make it my dream dress. I described the dress I was going to get and how I was going to change it to the ladies they said "why buy a dress you're going to change? we have that exact dress here" and proceeded to pull out my dream dress! It was everything I wanted and the ladies were soooo helpful when I was deciding-they even had the original dress that I wanted there. They were super honest in which one they thought looked better and I knew they weren't just trying to make a sale because the one they said I should get was cheaper than the other. Going in for fittings was fun because they remembered me and my mom and even helped her find a beautiful mother of the bride dress. I would recommend this place to anyone because they made the entire experience stress free and wonderful.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Marissa · Married on 09/15/2018

This was the first place I visited when looking for a dress - although I ended up going to a few more places to make sure I didn’t miss anything, I ultimately ended up coming back to purchase the second dress I had tried on here. Our consultant Danielle was fabulous in helping us pull dresses in the style I liked and described to her. The dress I bought was actually one that she suggested I try, and I am so glad I did! Prices are definitely reasonable for the area and there is a good selection spread throughout 2 main different rooms (a 3rd room offers bridesmaid and mother dresses). I also purchased my veil and an accent belt here. The on site alterations are good - my dress didn’t require much in the way of alterations, so I can’t really speak to skill in terms of hemming or more involved alterations, but they got the job done. They do store the dress for you which is great, as some in Georgetown do not. Had a great experience and would recommend Global Bridal (and especially Danielle!) to brides to be!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Krystal · Married on 09/15/2018

Stress-Free Experience

I had a overall pleasant and stress-free experience at Global Bridal Gallery. I worked with Vicki on multiple occasions. My first appointment was on a Saturday, and they were very busy; however, Vicki was great and found multiple dresses for me to try on (based upon my vision). While I did not find the dress on this first occasion, I returned mid-week and Vicki had already pulled a few dresses she thought I would like, one of which would become my dress. I also opted to get my alterations and post-wedding cleaning done at Global Bridal Gallery, and was happy with their work.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Jeronetha · Married on 08/18/2018

They had my dream dress!

I went to the boutique with ideas of dresses that I absolutely loved. The representative that worked with me took those pictures and brought out the winning dress. From the time I put it on, I knew that was it!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery! They did not pressure me into any one dress and were able to help me find the perfect one. Scheduling appointments was very easy, despite the high demand season from December-June. They have their own on-site alterations team and they did a terrific job with making my dress fit me perfectly. Would recommend this bridal shop to anyone!

Sent on 07/06/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2018

Wonderful Service and Selection

I had so much fun choosing my dress and working with Global Bridal Gallery! We bought my dress and all 8 bridesmaids’ dresses with the store and they were pleasant to work with and helpful when things went unexpended. They have a great selection and were helpful without being too overbearing with their opinions. As a local bride it was important to me to shop small for my dress and their store definitely gives you that experience!

Photos by Lauren Nievod Photography

Sent on 01/21/2019

Kara · Married on 04/26/2018

Global Bridal Gallery was incredible! I got my gown from here and got alterations here as well. The stylists were so incredibly helpful while I was going through the process of trying gowns on. They chose the one I purchased and it was perfect!! The alterations ladies were also wonderful. They made sure my dress was absolutely perfect. They paid such close attention to how it fit me and made sure everything was exactly how I wanted for the big day! We truly enjoyed working with them throughout this process!

Sent on 05/03/2018