Global Bridal Gallery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Brooke
    Brooke G. Getting married on 05/19/2023

Found my dress!

I went here for my 2nd time trying on wedding dresses and thought I knew what I wanted/liked. Turns out I fell in love with something completely different! Maria was outstanding, she listened to every little comment I made and went searching multiple times to pull out more dresses. Each time she took care in clipping the dress to fit me and was so patient with me throughout it all. She truly made this experience seamless and wonderful. I highly recommend this place and cannot wait to go back for alterations!
  • Janet
    Janet R. Married on 10/09/2021

Perfect Dress

If you're looking for your perfect wedding dress, Global Bridal Gallery should be at the top of your list. I went to several other dress shops, but Global Bridal nailed it. They have a great selection of dresses to fit every style and consultants who listen and find just the right options. The alterations were professionally done and my dress looked amazing when I picked it up. This place is a gem in the heart of Alexandria.
  • Emily
    Emily G. Married on 08/06/2021

Great dresses and service. Reasonable prices.

They are the sweetest! I tried on a number of different styles and cuts, and the staff was so helpful as I tried to determine what was best. The appointments were always enjoyable and the alterations staff was very helpful too. Dress options come at reasonable prices.
  • MC-Ian
    Mc-Ian W. Married on 05/29/2021

Marie was a life saver!!

I had more than one dress SNAFU and I was in a time crunch. Marie worked with my budget and preferences and helped me pick out the most PERFECT gown!!
  • Carolyn
    Carolyn M. Married on 05/22/2021

The perfect dress experience!

I cannot say enough about my girl Marie. Do yourself a favor and see her at global bridal gallery! She will hype you up, she will listen to your input, and she will find you a dress that fits your budget and your vision. I went to her on my own during covid since my family and friends are from out of town. She was my bridal consultant, my mom, and my best friend all wrapped into one. I was so stressed about dress shopping beforehand - coming to GBB was a huge sigh of relief!

PS - They also do alterations and I got my veil there as well!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie B. Married on 10/23/2020

Fantastic service!

Global Bridal Gallery was a dream come true for dress shopping and alterations. The dress shopping experience was phenomenal – Marie and Serki both listened to exactly what I was saying I wanted and brought me dresses that fit the bill – the third one I tried on was the one! They were also just the warmest, most pleasant salespeople ever – my mom and I felt like they were members of the family by the time we left the store. They were super supportive about me going to another dress store I had already made an appointment at before deciding on my dress, but told me “we can tell you love it and we know you’ll be back” – and they were right! I came back the next day, tried the dress on again, and bought it. I also did my alterations with Global Bridal Gallery and they did a phenomenal job. I had two fittings and needed minimal alterations – cups added, taken in at the waist, taken out at the hips, bustle added – and they executed them perfectly. They made me feel beautiful every time I came in. I cannot thank Global Bridal Gallery enough for making me feel like the gorgeous bride I had always hoped to be.
  • Michelle
    Michelle H. Married on 10/17/2020

Great experience

Global was my favorite salon I walked into. They were so kind and easy to work with. They made finding my dress a breeze and were available every step of the way. They did an excellent job with alterations and dress preservation.
  • Marina
    Marina L. Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful dresses and helpful staff!

I found my dream dress here thanks to their incredibly helpful staff! They listened to exactly what I wanted in a dress and this was one of the first I tried on! I felt super safe any time I came back during COVID to get my fittings and pick up the dress. I can’t recommend Global Bridal enough for any bride looking for their perfect wedding dress!
  • Alexis
    Alexis S. Married on 09/05/2020

Great service & beautiful selection of dresses

I went to Global Bridal Gallery on the advice of a friend, and I am so glad that I did. The team at GBG is extremely knowledgeable and such a joy to work with.

Global Bridal Gallery was the second salon I went to on my first day of wedding gown shopping - it ended up being the last! Surki, my consultant, immediately figured out what my style was - A-line or ballgown with straps. She pulled a selection of five gowns she thought might work with my shape and style. The first one she put me in ended up being my gown! She had amazing knowledge of the inventory and such a keen eye for style, shape, and design. I was so glad to work with a consultant who understood precisely what I was looking for and didn't push me into a style that I wasn't comfortable in. I also choose to have my alterations done at GBG, and they were flawless.

One thing I very much appreciated about Global Bridal Gallery is the way they treated their customers. Gown shopping was the part of wedding planning I feared most. I am a "curvy" woman and despite losing a significant amount of weight, I am not quite a sample size. GBG stocks a good variety of gowns in larger sample sizes. I appreciated feeling "bridal" having gowns to try on that were closer to my proportions. Additionally, I felt no judgement about my figure. Instead, the entire team from the consultants to the alterations specialists are very positive.

I will definitely recommend Global Bridal Gallery to my friends. This far more than a 5 star experience!
  • Andrea
    Andrea B. Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible to work with from start to finish!

Back in May 2019, I kicked off my wedding dress search at Global Bridal and went with a little group to have the whole experience. The GBG team helped make it such an incredibly special appointment and gave me the whole experience (which apparently is not the norm, because the second place we went to literally made me cry and they were not happy tears). After going to about 6 or so other stores, I was not finding at all what I was imagining and the dresses I had wanted to try weren't in stock in the area, so I decided to go back to GBG with just my mom. When we walked in, we were greeted by Marie, who is so incredibly kind and friendly, who told me they had just received a new dress that no one had even tried on yet but it seemed similar to the dresses I had been looking for. I put it on immediately and didn't want to take it off. It meant so much that they really listened and thought about what I was looking for.

The alterations were fantastic as well. I worked with Stacie initially and had this really extra idea of adding tulle bows that acted kind of like a cape/veil. She completely understood what I was looking for, got super excited with me, and helped us create the effect so I could wear it for my ceremony and take it off after.

We are now in the process of going back to GBG for the preservation services because they have been so wonderful and trustworthy every step of the way.

Also, they are right next to District Taco, so when you are super hungry after a fitting, you can grab some pretty good tacos. Just felt that was helpful to add.
  • Donleigh
    Donleigh H. Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect, easy going!

Danielle was terrific, she did not rush me and took her time in helping me find the right fit, style of dress and shared options I could do to customize it or update it. I was very grateful for her ability to listen and work with me, it helped the stressful situation seem seamless! I also had the fitting down here and it was the best. All the staff were great from giving advice, doing the alterations, making or changing appointments and being flexible on dates. I would truly recommend this store and any of the staff as an excellent place to purchase, alter and even clean/store your wedding dress! Thank you all for making my day a special one 😘
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 10/26/2019

So happy from start to finish!

Global bridal and their employees are excellent to work with. I went a few different places before this place, and was feeling discouraged.
    I showed a picture of what I was looking for to the person helping us out on the particular Saturday we went, and the second dress I tried on I fell in love!
    Reasonably priced and they were super helpful from start to finish.
    Could not of been happier!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/18/2019

Incredible team!

I initially chose to visit GBG due to all their 5-star reviews. Bridal shops can be a little uncomfortable when sharing your size, budget, style, etc. Global Bridal Gallery listened to my needs and feedback and respected my budget from the first visit! They were very honest about costs “that dress is beautiful, but, it’s more than your budget…” and then would find me a similar style dress within my budget. I actually came back a few times to try on dresses and they were extremely patient each time. They were upfront about the adjustments that would need to be made to the dress I finally picked and how much those would cost. On my wedding day, I had a dress that looked like it was MADE FOR ME thanks to Global Bridal Gallery!! And yes, my husband cried when he saw me in it. Wonderful experience and would recommend to any and all brides!!
  • O
    Olivia C. Married on 10/13/2019

Get your wedding dress here!

You guys. BEST VALUE IN NOVA FOR A WEDDING GOWN. I got the wedding gown of my dreams for such a reasonable price. Besides, I had such a fun dress shopping experience, and the staff is just the sweetest. They had my gown altered way ahead of time, which left plenty of time for any last minute details.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/05/2019

Danielle is outstanding!

Global Bridal Gallery is amazing. I went with my Mom and FMIL, not thinking I would leave buying my wedding dress. I went in knowing whatr style I liked, which was a high neck. I described to Danielle elements in a dress I liked, and Danielle brought out the first dress, which ended up being MY wedding dress! The whole experience was amazing, between the fittings, picking out the bridesmaid dresses, etc. The staff is so friendly (which surprisingly, is hard to come by these days!) Price for what I got out of my dress was perfect for me. They have a huge variety of dresses!
  • Marisa
    Marisa Married on 09/07/2019

Great Experience!

I ordered a dress today and will update this review after the dress arrives, but I had to share my wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery. At my first visit, I was stick in traffic and 20 minutes late - they were about to close and rather than turning me away, four of the consultants stayed and helped me as a group! The team was so positive and seemed genuinely enthusiastic for me. They had many beautiful options but I had an extremely specific idea in mind of what I wanted, so I did not “say yes” to a dress at my first appointment.

After visiting 10+ stores in the DC metro area with no luck finding my dream dress within budget, I started looking at dresses online. I found a few that were perfect but none of the stores in the area carried a sample. Most stores seemed uninterested in helping me try any dress on that was not currently in their store. Some did offer to have a sample shipped but it would take a long time and I would have to pay a substantial fee just to try it on. Finally, one of the vendors I contacted told me a sample was available to try in a store but it was over 100 miles from my home. Fortunately, Global Bridal Gallery stepped in (they are much closer to me) and was willing to work with the vendor to get the sample for me in only 3 days and no charge! I ended up purchasing the dress and they called the manufacturer while I was there to ensure they were getting the best information for me- they made recommendations to save money on alterations/customizations and took great care when speaking to the dress manufacturer to ensure they could accommodate my customization requests and get the best sizing for me.

They were upfront about all costs and were very organized and thorough. I feel confident that there will not be any surprises or issues when I pick it up even though I had quite a few customizations.

If you are looking for an enthusiastic, meticulous, and accommodating team to help you get the perfect dress, this is your place!
  • Nichole
    Nichole Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful Buying Experience

My purchasing experience was wonderful. Marie was awesome, She is down to earth, she does not push to you purchase anything, and she is very up front. I had an awesome experience.
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 08/10/2019

Wonderful experience!

I feel as though I have lived at Global Bridal for the past year between my friends’ wedding dress fittings and my own! I wouldn’t have traded it for the world! Marie is the wedding dress whisperer and I felt like she knew my vision for my dress before I even did! I also chose to have my dress altered at Global and I am so happy I did because Ms Joyce was a miracle worker! I am so happy with her work because I felt so comfortable and beautiful on my wedding day! Excellent service, communication and flexibility! They were all very accommodating to my schedule for my fittings! I would highly recommend Global to any bride out there!
    Joyce T. Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Dress, Affordable Price

Being a woman on the thicker, shorter side, I knew it would be difficult finding a wedding dress. But Danielle at Global Bridal Gallery found me the perfect one. As soon as I put it on, I knew it was the right one. It was strapless with a simple lace pattern and an A line skirt, which was quite flattering on someone with my body shape. The tailoring team then did a wonderful job of hemming the dress, creating the bustles, and tweaking the bodice to fit me. I loved my experiences at Global Bridal Gallery, and I owe it to them for making me look gorgeous on my big day.
  • Anna
    Anna M. Married on 06/24/2019

Exceptional + Friendly Service!

From the moment we walked into Global Bridal gallery, I was met with excitement and care. The attendant who helped me, Marie was so kind and found the exact dress I was looking for. It was literally the first dress I tried on in the store, and I knew it was the one. I also decided to have my dress altered there and received exceptional service. It was a pleasure and ease working with Stacie, and she always made me feel comfortable and made me trust her with altering my wedding dress. I couldn't recommend this place more - beautiful dresses, and great service - you can't go wrong!
    Ashley Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing experience!

I had such a great experience buying my dress from Global Bridal Gallery! They have a large selection and were able to pull a ton of dresses for me to try on the fit my vision and my budget. I found my dream dress during my first visit and after two alterations appointments, it fit perfectly. Every staff member I interacted with was friendly, helpful, and made the whole process enjoyable and stress-free!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany N. Married on 05/24/2019

Brooks/Mitchell Wedding 5/24

The ladies at Global bridal were wonderful to work with over the last 6 months. Everything from the day of trying on gowns, to the delivery of my gown, alterations, and final fitting was a great experience.
    Stephanie Married on 05/10/2019
    I went shopping here for my wedding dress and, although I didn't find my dress here, I had a great experience. I worked with Vickie on two separate visits, and she was incredibly sweet and helpful. She found a number of beautiful dresses for me, all within my price range. The store itself has a very nice selection, although I was a little disappointed that they didn't have many of the dresses that I had wanted to try on from Watters' Willowby line. Nevertheless, I would totally recommend this shop if you are in the market for wedding apparel!
    Jessica Married on 10/20/2018
    OH MY GOSH! This place is a diamond in the rough! 5 stars aren't enough. The love you feel from the moment you walk into the boutique is overwhelming and exceptional! Global bridal exceeded my expectations and then some. They have a huge selection and pay attention to your unique needs and wants. I had tried on about 38 dresses before coming to Global Bridal and I was beginning to lose hope that I would ever find MY DREAM dress. When I had expressed that to Marie (who was the sweetest, loving and most patient woman on the earth) she said don’t worry, I'm going to find you your dream dress. She started of good and kept getting better. She kept her word and I left Global Bridal with my dream dress that I thought never existed. I am so overwhelmed with joy I can't stop looking at my dress online and I can't wait for my fiancé to see me in it. I would definitely recommend this boutique to any and every one. Their customer service speaks for its self they make you feel like family and they share in the joy of finding your dress as if you are their own child/family member. Again 5 stars are not enough they should get 10 stars! Thank you again Global Bridal xoxoxo
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience, perfect dress

I visited four bridal salons to find my dress, but my favorite dresses AND the best experience was at Global Bridal Gallery by far. My consultant Marie was full of energy and enthusiasm. She also really understood my taste from a simple explanation. While I liked dresses at other salons, I didn't have the full wedding dress shopping experience. At the end of my appointment there were three dresses that I loved, but I waited until after my final Bridal salon appointment to make a decision. The next salon the I went to just could not compare. The next day I was back to buy an Eddie K at Global Bridal Gallery.