Global Bridal Gallery, LLC Reviews

175 | Alexandria, VA

175 Reviews for Global Bridal Gallery, LLC

175 Global Bridal Gallery, LLC Reviews

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/10/2019

I went shopping here for my wedding dress and, although I didn't find my dress here, I had a great experience. I worked with Vickie on two separate visits, and she was incredibly sweet and helpful. She found a number of beautiful dresses for me, all within my price range. The store itself has a very nice selection, although I was a little disappointed that they didn't have many of the dresses that I had wanted to try on from Watters' Willowby line. Nevertheless, I would totally recommend this shop if you are in the market for wedding apparel!

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

OH MY GOSH! This place is a diamond in the rough! 5 stars aren't enough. The love you feel from the moment you walk into the boutique is overwhelming and exceptional! Global bridal exceeded my expectations and then some. They have a huge selection and pay attention to your unique needs and wants. I had tried on about 38 dresses before coming to Global Bridal and I was beginning to lose hope that I would ever find MY DREAM dress. When I had expressed that to Marie (who was the sweetest, loving and most patient woman on the earth) she said don’t worry, I'm going to find you your dream dress. She started of good and kept getting better. She kept her word and I left Global Bridal with my dream dress that I thought never existed. I am so overwhelmed with joy I can't stop looking at my dress online and I can't wait for my fiancé to see me in it. I would definitely recommend this boutique to any and every one. Their customer service speaks for its self they make you feel like family and they share in the joy of finding your dress as if you are their own child/family member. Again 5 stars are not enough they should get 10 stars! Thank you again Global Bridal xoxoxo

R · Married on 10/06/2018

My experience with global bridal gallery was outstanding! Their team went above and beyond to make the whole process seamless. Surki helped me choose the most amazing and flattering wedding dress. Marie helped me choose complimentary bridesmaids dresses and all of the ladies in the alterations department made everything fit perfectly like a glove. I felt like the best version of myself on my wedding day all thanks to the wonderful team at GBG! So many guests were in awe of my dress and I was even told I resembled Audrey Hepburn. The best compliment ☺️ Thank you for all that you do and keep up the phenomenal work! If I could do it all over again I would choose this shop every time.

• Amy

Amy · Married on 09/23/2018

Say Yes to Global Bridal!

Global Bridal was the second bridal shop I visited and the last. I went in thinking I had already chosen my dream dress from another place even though it needed a lot of changes done to it to make it my dream dress. I described the dress I was going to get and how I was going to change it to the ladies they said "why buy a dress you're going to change? we have that exact dress here" and proceeded to pull out my dream dress! It was everything I wanted and the ladies were soooo helpful when I was deciding-they even had the original dress that I wanted there. They were super honest in which one they thought looked better and I knew they weren't just trying to make a sale because the one they said I should get was cheaper than the other. Going in for fittings was fun because they remembered me and my mom and even helped her find a beautiful mother of the bride dress. I would recommend this place to anyone because they made the entire experience stress free and wonderful.

Marissa · Married on 09/15/2018

This was the first place I visited when looking for a dress - although I ended up going to a few more places to make sure I didn’t miss anything, I ultimately ended up coming back to purchase the second dress I had tried on here. Our consultant Danielle was fabulous in helping us pull dresses in the style I liked and described to her. The dress I bought was actually one that she suggested I try, and I am so glad I did! Prices are definitely reasonable for the area and there is a good selection spread throughout 2 main different rooms (a 3rd room offers bridesmaid and mother dresses). I also purchased my veil and an accent belt here. The on site alterations are good - my dress didn’t require much in the way of alterations, so I can’t really speak to skill in terms of hemming or more involved alterations, but they got the job done. They do store the dress for you which is great, as some in Georgetown do not. Had a great experience and would recommend Global Bridal (and especially Danielle!) to brides to be!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

I had a wonderful experience with Global Bridal Gallery! They did not pressure me into any one dress and were able to help me find the perfect one. Scheduling appointments was very easy, despite the high demand season from December-June. They have their own on-site alterations team and they did a terrific job with making my dress fit me perfectly. Would recommend this bridal shop to anyone!

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 1

Kara · Married on 04/26/2018

Global Bridal Gallery was incredible! I got my gown from here and got alterations here as well. The stylists were so incredibly helpful while I was going through the process of trying gowns on. They chose the one I purchased and it was perfect!! The alterations ladies were also wonderful. They made sure my dress was absolutely perfect. They paid such close attention to how it fit me and made sure everything was exactly how I wanted for the big day! We truly enjoyed working with them throughout this process!

Alana · Married on 04/21/2018

Global bridal gallery was the 3rd bridal shop that I went to. They were the first place that respected my budget and did not bring me something $500 more than what said my budget was. I was shown multiple beautiful dresses based on the description and ideas I had and I am happy to say I found my perfect dress! And I stayed within my budget even with alterations. They charge a one time fee for alterations, even if you end up needing more alterations. I did not find this kind of services anywhere else. I am not local to the area, so they worked with me to get the dress in my size and have it ready for my first fitting 7 months before my wedding (and only 3 months after I originally found the dress). Stacy, who worked with me on alterations, was absolutely fantastic! She was very nice, careful, meticulous and extremely attentive. I ended up needing some alteration 3 days before my wedding (when I had my last fitting). They worked with me to make sure everything was done quickly and perfectly! I literally could not have asked for a better experience with finding, buying, fitting and altering my wedding dress! If you want to find a beautiful dress, stay within your budget and work with talented, amazing and extremely nice people - then look no further than Global Bridal Gallery! You won't be sorry!

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 2
    Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 3
    Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 4

Emily · Married on 04/20/2018

I am so thankful that I found Global Bridal Gallery!! I ended up there after purchasing a dress at a different store and canceling the order. Dress-less and in a panick, I searched for stores that I could quickly get to from my office. Global bridal came up and carried several designers I was interested in, and a particular dress that I wanted to try on.

I felt instantly comfortable as soon as I walked into the store. I worked with Marie, who was so understanding of my situation, and helped pull several dresses that fit the style I was looking for, including the one that I had my eye on. She spent so much time with me, helping to take pictures of each dress I was trying on, since I was shopping alone.

I should mention that at this point, I had tried on close to 100 dresses. I hadn’t gotten *the* feeling about a dress yet and I was starting to think that I wouldn’t, which I was okay with. Then, Marie put me in the dress that I had really come in to try on. And she was there to give me a big hug when I started crying because I had finally found the dress!!! She was also completely understanding when I couldn’t purchase the dress that day, because my mom wasn’t with me and set up an appointment for a couple weeks later when my mom could be in town.

A couple weeks later, with my mom in tow, we went back to try on the dress. Again, Marie was amazing and even went around the shop with my mom to pull several more dresses for me to try on to make sure that the one was really *the*one*. We walked out very happy customers.

When my dress came in about six months later, I had an amazing experience with alterations. They spent so much time with me, each appointment lasting on average of an hour. They made sure that everything was exactly as I wanted it and addressed all my concerns. They even opened a half hour early the day I went to go pick up my dress with my mom and my maid of honor to accommodate our schedule! I couldn’t be happier with my experience!

Christina · Married on 04/15/2018

Finding my wedding dress was a difficult process. I had a very specific vision in mind and could not find what I was looking for in my budget. That was until we went to Global Bridal Gallery. The whole process, from trying on dresses to the final fitting, was smooth and stress-free as possible. I was helped by Marie, who was professional and very kind. The thing that set this place apart for me was that they have classic, elegant dresses. Too often in my search I found dresses that were the result of "fast fashion" but I was going for a more timeless look and they had exactly that.

• Brittney

Brittney · Married on 03/18/2018

This was the first place I went to look at and try on dresses. I was a little nervous, but as soon as I walked in the global bridal team made me feel very comfortable. They were not pushing about me trying on dresses. If they pulled a dress and asked me what I thought and I did not like it they did not make me feel pressured to try it on. They listened to which styles I wanted and also pulled a few they thought I might like once they got to know me. At the end of our appointment I ended up finding my dress with the help of the fabulous ladies at global bridal.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC's reply:

Hi Brittney, thanks for the review! We're so glad that you found your perfect dress! Our consultants really do their best to get to know a bride and her style, and we're so happy that their effort paid off for you! Best wishes!

Jessica · Married on 12/09/2017

Danielle, Stacy, Mary Lou, Marie, and the whole Global Bridal team were amazing! This was the only bridal shop I visited in late June with my mom. Danielle was excellent and helped me find my perfect dress. My wedding was in early December, and I wanted to have lace sleeves, so the Global Bridal alterations team was able to match a lace sleeve jacket perfectly to my dress. I loved going to Global Bridal every time for my fittings. Stacy was so friendly and made me feel so special. Overall, it was a magical, wonderful experience. Highly recommend Global Bridal for their affordable dress selections and amazing alteration talent! Attached is the original dress I selected (strapless) and a couple of final alteration pictures with the lace sleeve jacket.

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 5
    Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 6
    Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 7

Sheri · Married on 10/28/2017

I had an incredible experience working with the truly wonderful staff at Global Bridal Gallery. I was a slight bridezilla and they were so accommodating, helpful, and professional. My consultant knew exactly what I was looking for and pulled the perfect dress for me. I knew it instantly and it was just perfect. The alterations department are very dedicated and talented individuals. They made sure everything was perfect and exactly how I wanted my dress to fit on our big day. I would highly recommend them. They are a one stop shop.

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC 8

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Wonderful experience. They were very accommodating and helpful.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC's reply:

Hi Jessica, thanks for your review! Best wishes!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

It was such a pleasure shopping for my wedding dress at Global Bridal. I had visited two other stores before my visit and they could not compare to the service and experience at Global Bridal. I brought my mother and future mother-in-law with me, and Marie was absolutely exceptional in listening to all of our thoughts/idea. She was super patient, incredibly nice, and made me feel comfortable within a few minutes, a feeling I did not have at the other stores. She also knows everything about the dresses in the store. I only had a vague idea of what I wanted and after putting me in a few dresses that were close but not perfect, she found two options that were spot-on. She really listened to me as I tried on each dress (again, something that was lacking at the other stores) and stayed within my budget. I felt so comfortable working with her and could not be more grateful for her help in finding my dress.

After I decided on my dress, my mother wanted to try on a few mother-of-the-bride dresses (not planned). She bought her dress, also gorgeous, within minutes of looking after trying on only three options. I also used Global Bridal’s alteration services and had a wonderful experience with Stacy. I had 3 fittings, and at each one she was super sweet and very attentive to my concerns. By the time I walked out of the store with my dress, I couldn’t have been happier. Global Bridal truly provides the experience you hope to have when searching for a dress, from start to finish. Thanks so much, Marie and Stacy!

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Global Bridal Gallery was a wonderful place to find my dress. They were my first and only boutique I visited. They listened to my needs and stayed within my budget. They also have a wide variety of dresses to try. Not one dress I tried on was the same! I'm looking forward to receiving my dress and beginning the alterations process with them!

Bridget · Married on 09/03/2017

This place is THE BEST! I got my dress here after looking elsewhere. I described what I wanted, and the very first dress Marie brought me was "the one." While I was there, THREE other brides also found their dresses. None of the dresses were remotely alike, and we all looked amazing in them. They did a great job on the alterations too -- even putting in pockets at my request so I had a place to hide my lip gloss and handkerchief (which came in very handy during the ceremony). Finally, since I was getting married in Colorado, they had me bring my carry-on luggage and packed the dress for me so that I didn't need to risk getting my baggage lost. This place is a real neighborhood gem.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC's reply:

Hi Bridget, thanks for the review! We loved your idea about pockets! I'm happy to hear that they came in handy! Best wishes!

Renee · Married on 08/27/2017

Went for a Bridal Fitting with my bff and we had a WONDERFUL experience. Marie is the best hands down!!!! She is patient, funny, knowledgeable, and very personable. The shop is nice and clean and has a warm family feel to it. They had a wonderful selection and I found my Dream Dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the price was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was able to buy my dress for $600 under my dress budget ..... This was my fourth bridal shop visit so I def had other shops/experiences to compare it to :)

Gayden · Married on 08/26/2017

Global Bridal was fantastic. From the associates on the floor helping me find my dress, to Ms. Stacy and Ms. Mary Lou in alterations, everyone is professional, kind, and helpful. I never once experienced any sort of body shaming that brides have complained of in other bridal shops. Everyone here was respectful and affirming of all sizes and types. I also greatly appreciated that they respected all price points and did their best to meet them. They asked before showing me a dress that was only a little over budget. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I tell everyone to go here.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC's reply:

Hi Gayden, thanks for the review! I'm glad that you felt comfortable in our shop! It is important to us that every bride, no matter size and budget, finds her perfect dress and we're so glad that you found yours! Best wishes!

G · Married on 08/13/2017

We had a great experience at Global Bridal Gallery. Marie was very knowledgeable and immediately understood our daughter and how she wanted to look and feel on her wedding day. She worked within our more limited budget to find the perfect dress for her and the venue from their selection of exquisite Robert Bullock gowns and also helped us choose a veil to complement the gown. The sizing and ordering process was easy and smooth and we all, including my husband, felt comfortable there. I highly recommend both Global Bridal Gallery and Robert Bullock's designs.

Breeanna · Married on 07/29/2017

Global bridal gallery made dress shopping a breeze! I had been to one other bridal shop for a sample sale and was not impressed with the dresses or the consultant helping me. I then went to Global Bridal Gallery and worked with Marie and it was like night and day! I showed Marie a few pictures and gave a brief description of what I liked and didn't like and how I wanted to look and she went to work! Within a few minutes she came back with 3 or 4 dresses UNDER my budget that were gorgeous! Each dress I tried I loved until she showed me the "one" and we all agreed this was it. Marie was so friendly and accommodating even when I told her I wanted to try looking a few more places. I came back multiple times to see if the dress was still available and if the price had gone down any. When I finally decided to purchase Marie gave me a discount on the dress and shipping which really helped stay under budget! They were prompt and efficient in letting me know when my dress arrived. I cannot say enough good things about this shop, definitely recommend!

Stephanie · Married on 07/01/2017

I couldn't be happier with Global Bridal for my dress selection and alterations. When I was dress shopping, Marie was my consultant and she listened to what I was looking for and the first dress she had me try was the dress I chose. You know a consultant really listens when that happens. But every dress she put me in looked good, so even if that one hadn't worked, she gave me lots of great options that were all well in my price range. She was also SO excited for me - that's just her personality - but it really made me and my mom feel good.

The alterations were also over-the-top amazing. Stacy was my helper and she was so excited for me, professional and efficient. She and her team (I met Ms. Mary Lou as well) were great and made my dress look awesome. The price was about what I expected ($450 for taking up the hem, shortening straps and adding a belt). They even steam your dress and veil for you when you pick it up for the big day. I can't say enough great things about this whole team.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Global Bridal Gallery, LLC's reply:

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the review! We're so happy that you had a good experience in our store! We hope your wedding was perfect! Best wishes!

Kimberly · Married on 06/10/2017

I LOVE Global Bridal! I worked with Marie and Stacy and they were both outstanding people. Not only are they invested in you, they provided an instantaneous connection. It was like I was shopping with friends. They kept me in my budget and gave me a lot to choose from. They also wanted me to find the right dress, not buy for the sake of spending money. I ended up purchasing a Morilee gown for ~$1450, but I tried on gowns ranging from $1100-1900. Every time I came back to the store for a fitting, Marie greeted me and my mom with hugs. Stacy was our alterations seamstress and she was THE BOMB. Not only is she SO much fun to talk to, she treats your dress as if it's hers. My dress fit like a glove and my alterations were well priced at $200 (I took in straps, bust, waist, and hips. My dress was all over lace with an open back). I had complete trust in the team and love them to pieces. We also got our bridesmaids dresses and mother of the bride dress there, and received a 10% discount since we had purchased my wedding dress through Global. What a plus! For bridesmaids/MOB we had Justine as our consultant. She is also awesome. My only critique is that the dressing rooms are on the smaller side and parking is street parking; however, Old Town Alexandria is the best so I can't complain. Global is also broken in to several storefronts so that can be a little confusing, but the staff is super helpful so they get you to the right spot. Definitely shop here!

• User7244122 · 1+ year ago

Amazing experience! Found my dream dress!

• Patrice

Patrice · Married on 04/14/2017

Global Bridal was the second bridal salon I went to in my dress hunt. I live in Baltimore and had planned to buy slightly closer, but my cousin is in Alexandria and my mom was there at the time. It was a last minute decision, recommended by my cousin who had a close friend find her dress at Global Bridal (and another after me!), and they fit us in! When I walked in, I liked that it was smaller and felt slightly less overwhelming than the previous salon I had been to (big, gorgeous dresses, but slightly overwhelming). I explained my ideal look and showed the consultant dresses I had tried. She pulled wonderful dresses (all under budget) and the first one was a winner! She still insisted I try on others, which was really fun and solidified my love for the first dress. They helped me find the perfect veil and belt (worn at the reception). I loved my experience there.

I did alterations at Global Bridal as well and found that they were attentive and flexible. I truly loved how the dress came out and would highly recommend Global Bridal to anyone!