Girl Meets Cake Reviews

Girl Meets Cake 6
Girl Meets Cake 7

Karen · Married on 05/02/2015

3.5

We found Misty from Girl Meets Cake on weddingwire and thought the pictures of the cakes she created were fun and whimsical. We tried a bunch of cake and cupcake places before her but we found her to be the best value compared to the other vendors. She gave us a free cake tasting to try five flavors. Another advantage she had was that she did not charge more due to the extra flavors compared to other places for the same quantity. We had a total of five flavors at the wedding.

As for the taste of her cakes, she makes them with less sugar than other bakers which was a plus since a lot of our guests do not have a sweet tooth. Of course, if your guests do have a sweet tooth then she can accommodate easily. After the wedding, some of our guests mentioned they loved the chocolate coconut flavored cupcakes.

We wanted a bamboo design cake. We went to a couple of other bakers and they refused to even attempt it. Misty on the other hand was thrilled to accept the challenge. The whole cake was very beautiful. If you have a unique cake in mind, Misty is your go-to-girl!

We recommend Misty as her pricing beats most competitors and she is a true artist! One note is she could be better with e-mails but it has never gotten to the point where I had to pick up a phone to call her. At the end of the day she definitely does get the job done.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/06/2017

3.0

Our cake was amazing! We had 3 different flavors and they all tasted so great. We had leftovers following the wedding and we took them back to the hotel for the after party where people continued to eat cake, so you know it was good. The pricing was the best we found, and with such amazing flavor going with Misty was a no brainer.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/26/2016

3.0

Girl Meets Cake was fantastic! Her cakes not only look great, but they honestly taste even better! It was super easy to schedule a cake tasting and she was so flexible with my cake and frosting choices. I ended up getting a different flavor cake on each tier to have variety for my guests and she did this for no extra charge! Then we emailed a bit more and then I showed up at my wedding reception and there was the cake! It looked better than I imagined and tasted great. I am super happy that I hired Girl Meets Cake for my wedding and was so happy with the quality and you definitely can't beat the value!

Sent on 12/09/2016

3.0

Our wedding cake was stunning and exactly what we asked for. Our initial meeting and cake tasting went great and I felt Misty really understood what we wanted. Price much lower than other vendors and the cake itself was delicious. Misty made me a pink funfetti bottom layer which was beyond perfect! Some email correspondence was a bit slow, though she did apologize for that. I would 100% use this vendor again.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Katheriner · Married on 09/27/2014

The look and the taste of the cake was good . Only thing is that my wedding cake was white , gold and yellow and the topper didn't match with my design ( it was black ) ??
    Other than this the cake looks fabulous and it arrive on time fue the venue .

Sent on 10/29/2014

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

We are so happy to hear that you were pleased with your wedding cake Katherine! It was so beautiful - one of our favorites for sure. Your cake topper was provided by an outside company & we ordered the one that you requested in your email link. It only comes in black, most likely due to the intricate nature of the writing. Thanks again for choosing us to make your wedding cake! Misty Claveloux, Owner - Girl Meets Cake LLC.

3.5

Been working with Girl Meets Cake for years! However for my wedding I needed something extra special and quite unique. Not only did they surpass our expectations; they were always patient, kind and very flexible!

Sent on 06/15/2016

3.5

Nicest cake vendors ever! The homemade cakes are the best for your buck. I want for an intricate yet elegant design that wasn't executed perfectly however the taste was amazing. Go for cookies and cream and the strawberry cakes. Misty is very flexible and energetic about her baking!

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • Sanaa

Sanaa Haseeb · Married on 04/06/2019

Would NOT Recommend

Unprofessional and rude. Yes there's a ton of great reviews for Misty, and that's why my fiancé and I were excited to work with her initially. We had a cake taste testing (which she does not charge for) and was accommodating for our last minute wedding request. She also agreed to waive a deposit fee since we were so close to our wedding date. Everything seemed great, and she had said she would get us a contract over in a few days. Nothing is really final until you have a contract in hand, if you're working with someone professionally that is. Days went by and I hadn't received a contract from her so I followed up with and she said told me she'd get it to me by the end of the day. Did not receive a contract. Another week goes by so I message her again, to which no reply. By this time it's already two weeks. I had my fiancé contact her as well, to which no contract was received. She said she had sent it (I use GMAIL) but I honestly never received anything until I decided to post a review about my experience with her, which took her no less than 5 minutes to respond to! She complained and tried to justify that it had only been two weeks since we had met, expressed frustration at my fiancé and I told us we were red flags for her. She decided to send over a contract right away that night with a stipulation that I remove my negative review about her on wedding wire. I agreed and told her I would email wedding wire, as I could not personally take off the review. Long story short I apologized to her for whatever misunderstanding there was and was still willing to work with her and give her a better review on this website, but because I could not remove the review that same night she told us we were red flags for her and would no longer like to work with us. In this whole situation she was unprofessional! If you tell your client something, please stick to it.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Thank you for submitting this second review Sanaa. I wish I could respond that I will take away from this experience & learn from it for future clients - but unfortunately I can't. You called me in a panic because of a situation where you were suddenly without a vendor for your wedding cake & asked me to accept your very last minute wedding cake order. I rearranged my schedule to have you in for a tasting immediately as you were travelling out of town until your wedding date of August 4th, 2019. Everything was agreed upon & your wedding date was reserved on the calendar. No deposit was due because of the very short time frame. I explained to you both that I would send over your confirmation as soon as I could - but we were going into the busy 4th of July week, so there would be a delay. I tried multiple times to send your contract, and finally after 2 days of speaking with your fiancé, we were able to get the attachment to go through. For reasons that I still cannot understand - that evening you submitted a 1 star review stating that I am the "worst vendor ever". The most shocking part is that when I contacted you to ask about the review, you asked me to still make your wedding cake and to consider the things that you said as "water under the bridge". I'm not sure what you thought would happen when you wrote the review, but because of all of these red flags - you left me no choice other than to discontinue our business relationship. Since then you have modified the original review to what is written above - calling me unprofessional and rude when I have been nothing but accommodating. I wish you both the best.

Heather · Married on 01/19/2014

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

I will never recommend Girl Meets Cake. Working with Misty was a nightmare. She took between 2 to 3 weeks just to respond to an e-mail. Because of her poor professionalism, she reduced the cost of my wedding cake. My husband and I were completely unsatisfied with our cake. It was not what was agreed upon in our contract and instead looked like she had done a half-ass job. And, to top it all off, the cake was stale. We received nothing but complaints from our guests and I was mortified that I received such a horrible product.

Sent on 01/25/2014

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

I am so sad to hear you had a bad experience and that I caused you any stress—as a baker, that is one of my worst fears!

I put my all into every cake that I make and wish I would have had the chance to discuss this with you to offer a solution and my apologies.

Again, I’m very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, but we will certainly take this feedback and incorporate it to improve the experience for all of our future clients!

Sincerely,