Girl Meets Cake Reviews

Girl Meets Cake 6
Girl Meets Cake 7
  • O

Ryan · Married on 05/26/2014

Oh how sweet it was:))) We loved Misty, and loved her cake and macaroon creations even more! Misty was such a pleasure to deal with in every single way. She added such a personal touch to the whole experience, running her business right from home. It felt like having a friend make your cake, instead of some stranger at a crowded cake shop. First off, she held a cake tasting right from home, at no extra charge! Every other vendor we looked at charged a fee, and usually a fairly pricey one. Not only that, but she created the flavors based on what we liked, and not just based on standard flavors. In addition, we had a specific picture of a wedding cake in mind that we brought to her. She was able to make an exact replica of it, and even more beautiful than the one in the picture. Also, she made us macaroons as a special favor to us. Needless to say, her creations were a HUGE hit at the wedding! We highly recommend choosing Misty and Girl Meets Cake. You'll be glad you did. Thanks Misty;)

Sent on 07/22/2014

Bissan · Married on 05/25/2014

This was the best cake I ever tasted!! Everyone at my wedding loved it too! I was so happy with the design and just couldn't get over how moist it was. I would definitely would recommend to everyone I know!

Sent on 06/10/2014
  • User4060711 · event on 04/13/2014

I recently had a Lilly Pulitzer themed bridal shower at my house and had Misty design a Lilly themed cake, I sent her a picture of what I wanted which was very detailed and she was able to copy the design perfectly. The cake was absolutely gorgeous, her price for all that work was incredible as well. I highly recommend using Girl Meets Cake for any type of event because not only are her cakes beautiful they are DELICIOUS. All the guests at my party did not stop raving about this cake.

Sent on 04/25/2014

I used Girl Meets Cake for my wedding day! I was really impressed with their professionalism and reasonable rates for a high quality product. Guests at the wedding raved about how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it was too. I highly recommend using them for any special occasion!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Karyn · event on 03/02/2014

This is the 4th year in a row Girl Meets Cake created an amazing and delicious cake for my daughter's birthday. Misty has been extremely creative with ideas for the cake based on a specific theme, working with me to come up with the final "master piece". I'm so glad I met her 4 years ago as her cakes have become a focal point of the party! Many of my friends look forward to the party so they can indulge in a piece of her cake!

Sent on 03/03/2014

David · event on 01/29/2014

Was very happy with my cake,Misty was very professional and responded to my questions promptly.I think the price is very reasonable and the personal touch,could not have been done by a bakery.Look forward to doing business with her in the future.

Sent on 02/03/2014

chavonne · event on 01/28/2014

Misty is amazingly creative! I ordered a Dora-themed birthday cake for my daughter a year ago and thought of her immediately when we had a farewell party for my boss. I gave her my idea of a Diet Coke cake and was wowed again by her efforts. On both occasions, she made beautiful, delicious cakes that guests talked about and are sure to remember. I will absolutely order from her again!

Sent on 03/13/2014

Karen · event on 10/28/2013

Misty has made birthday cakes for my grandchildren for years. We have always found Misty to be professional but very personable. She is just as excited to make the cakes and we are to receive them. The décor always exceeds our expectations and every flavor of cake we choose is so delicious. I would highly recommend Girl Meets Cake for any occasion!!

Sent on 01/30/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/12/2013

I want to Thank Misty for all the help in taking my Vision out of my head, into a stunning cake.
    Misty has a talent for creating one of a kind Wedding and celebration cakes. Misty was referred to me from a friend and I will be sure to let all my friends know about her too.

The cake was delicious, Misty was friendly, Courteous and professional every time we had contact.

I look forward to having a reason to have another cake made in the future.

Sent on 01/28/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2013

Misty did an amazing job with our cake, and it was delicious! She was super easy to work with, and really made our vision (an ombre cake) come to life. She also did these amazing sugar flowers on our cake that were so detailed they looked real - incredible! Misty also provided a grooms cake for a very reasonable price, and it was such a hit that no one wanted to eat it! She made fondont figurines of the groom and bride wrestling in a boxing ring (appropriate bc of my husband's boxing background). The bride and groom even resembled us! She is incredibly creative and I would definitely use her again for birthday parties, etc. We definitely feel like we got a great value for the price we paid.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Misty is absolutely amazing at what she does! She worked with us step by step to custom-design a cake exactly how we wanted it. My husband's groom's cake was supposed to be delivered to our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, but her husband was in a car accident (with their kids!) and she still remembered to call me and apologize profusely! Our cake in the car and she worried about us?! she's an absolute gem, a real pleasure to work with, and her cake was AMAZING.

For the amount we paid, plus the amount of cake we received (and had left over!), she is basically perfection as a baker. =) Oh and she even whipped up a few gluten-free cupcakes for us!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Misty is amazing! My cake was perfect and looked beautiful at our reception. She even made a redskins grooms cake that my husband and our guest loved. Thank you Misty! The cakes were everything we wanted and they tasted delicious.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Tabby · Married on 05/27/2013

I am a event planner and I frequently recommend Misty to my clients. She has also baked more than a dozen cakes for my personal events over the past 3 years. The cake she provided was a custom design for my best friend's wedding. I remember how excited my friend was after her tasting with Misty - her cakes are delicious but her sweet spirit is what makes the meeting so fun! The cake was so beautiful the bride cried when she saw it. Guests ooh-ed and aah-ed over the cascading ruffles and beautiful fondant bows. My years of working with Misty made me expect nothing less :) If you need an amazing baker with the best prices in town, be sure to call Misty (I KNOW I DO!)

Sent on 01/29/2014

Did my grooms cake and wedding cake. Loved how they tasted and looked! Couldn't have asked for more. Great value! Thanks again :)

Sent on 05/13/2013

Alana · Married on 12/23/2012

So glad I found Misty! I emailed very last minute for my wedding that was taking place in a week. She was kind, helpful and helped me pick the perfect cake to make! My cake was beautiful and delicious!! I would recommend her to all my friends and family!!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Bethany · Married on 11/18/2012

Misty really blew us away with her cake services for our wedding! She met with us and we were able to do a tasting and design a cake to look exactly how we had wanted. The cake was absolutely delicious (we had three flavors: spice cake, yellow, and marble chocolate chip)! Her cake was a fraction of the price of other cakes around and in my oppinion, way better! It turned out absolutely delicious and everyone loved it.

Sent on 11/27/2012

Allison · Married on 10/21/2012

I'm so happy we found Girl Meets Cake. Misty is the owner and she is absolutely wonderful to work with. Our cake was so beautiful, she made it exactly how I wanted. And most importantly the cake was delicious!! (both flavors). But you really can't beat her prices for, very affordable!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/30/2012

Misty did such a wonderful job on our wedding cake! she was able to make it for us on quite short notice and exactly what we wanted for such an affordable price. She is such an easy person to work with and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Lizzy · Married on 03/31/2012

My sister surprised me by contacting Girl Meets Cake to make my cake. I didn't know much of the details. She was flexible in accommodating my last minute cake topper and she offers a great value for quality product.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Tori · Married on 10/02/2010

Misty is the owner and is the sweetest lady in the world! She does this out of a hobby on the weekends and has such great buisness! She is sooooo helpful and emailed me different pictures of cakes that would go along with my theme. Not only that, but then she went out and bought decorations to add to the cake to make it personal! She did such a great job and it tasted wondeful! Please visit her website at: www.girlmeetscake.com

Sent on 01/07/2011

Megan · event on 05/29/2010

Misty has been creating and baking great looking and best tasting cakes for our family for over 8 years!! She always does a top notch job! For my husbands 30th birthday she handcrafted a chocolate chip vanilla cake with piping camo colored frosting all over, for my nephew, a circus cake that looked like the big top with very cute and real like ediable animals, a life like play tractor cake for one of my 3 sons ! Those are just the beginning of many more great looking and tasting cakes! I always give her a theme and tell her to use her imagination. Love her and all this cake talk has made me realize I need to call her to order my next cake;)

Sent on 01/29/2014

Katrina · Married on 05/27/2017

Misty did an awesome job with our wedding cake! She also made cake pops for our wedding, which were to die for! She has amazing ideas and we had a great time working with her. I will definitely use Misty again in the future!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Girl Meets Cake's reply:

Katrina!! Thank you so much for the great review. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your cake & cake pops. What a fantastic idea - I know your guests loved them. We wish you guys all the best - thanks again!!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2016

Such an amazing wedding cake experience! From figuring out the design, to scheduling cake tasting, and beyond - Misty was awesome. To top it off when she found out I didn't get a chance to taste my cake at my wedding she offered to make a topper cake for my husband and I when we return from our honeymoon. 110% would recommend

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/26/2016

Misty made a small 3-tier cake for our wedding and the whole experience with her was fantastic! When we first met with her for our tasting and to brainstorm a design for our cake, she was really helpful in taking our ideas and fleshing them out into something we could really visualize and get excited about. Our cake ended up being perfect - everything we had discussed but even better than I had imagined. She absolutely exceeded our expectations. And the actual cake - OMG soooo good!! Misty let us do a different flavor cake for each tier (which was perfect for us since we love cake and couldn't pick just one) and they were all delicious. The lemon cake was my favorite but we also had chocolate and marble cake and those were amazing as well. All of our guests loved the cake - people were actually going back for second helpings! Price wise I found Misty to be the most reasonable vendor around - we paid $320 for 3 tiers (90 servings) which also included the delivery fee. Originally she gave us a bid for a larger cake but when our guest count dropped from an estimated 140 people to 90, she adjusted the size of the cake and the price without any issue. Sometimes Misty took a bit to get back to us (understandable given how busy she is) but she was absolutely worth it and I would definitely recommend her to anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Brittney · Married on 06/04/2016

Our experience with Girl Meets Cake was wonderful. We set up our cake tasting which is at the owner's house, Misty. We got to choose 4 cupcakes in any combination we wanted for cake/icing/fillings. When we arrived at our tasting, Misty had everything set up professionally in her office - 1 cupcake for each of us in each of our choices, a bottom of water for each of us, and napkins. They all tasted delicious. Misty was very nice and she did not pressure us one bit. We discussed our desires and needs and she gave us some ideas to piece together what we were looking for. We ended up booking with her that day. We booked a 3 tier cake with a different cake/icing/filling on each tier. In between our booking and the wedding day, there was sometimes a delay in email responses but nonetheless, we always got a friendly response to our questions so no big deal. When the wedding day came, the cake looked absolutely beautiful! Exactly what we wanted! We were very impressed. Because we were so busy during the reception, the only piece that we got to eat that night was our cake cutting bites but our guests loved it and we got many compliments. There was some cake leftover so we did have some the next evening and it was delicious.

Overall, wonderful experience. Delicious cake, friendly service, and very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend and use again.

Sent on 06/13/2016