Girl Meets Cake Reviews

Girl Meets Cake 5
Girl Meets Cake 6
Girl Meets Cake 7

Keldy · Married on 11/07/2015

Misty was fantastic to work with. She is so creative and knew how to mesh my husband's idea and mine together. Out cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted great.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Misty is so wonderful to work with! She made our wedding cake and cupcakes. Everything was amazingly delicious, and the cake was gorgeous! Her prices are so much lower than just about every other cake vendor in the DC area, even with her delivery costs. She does not charge more to have each tier of cake be a different flavor, and she is willing to go beyond a simple cake and add design elements without increasing price. From the first tasting, we knew she would make our wedding cake. She conducts the tastings in her home, and really makes you feel welcome. All of her cakes taste amazing, and she really works to design a cake that you will love.

She can occasionally take a few days to respond to emails, which is understandable given her heavy workload, but she never makes you worry that she's forgotten about you. She is extremely flexible as well. We changed from a sheet cake to 50 cupcakes later in the process, and not only did she make the change without charging any extra, she offered to make three different flavors of cupcakes without any issue. I cannot recommend Girl Meets Cake, Misty, and Mandy enough.

Sent on 10/06/2015

robyn · Married on 08/30/2015

From the initial tasting to the finished product this vendor is A++. They created one of the prettiest cakes I have ever seen. It must have been very good because no one even left crumbs on their plates. The cake arrived at the promised time and was set up beautifully. They used our cake topper and incorporated it wonderfully into the design. Yummy, yummy, yummy - all three beautiful tiers.

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • I

Iryna · Married on 08/01/2015

The wedding cake was beautiful and yummy.
    And the process of choosing the flavor was super fun: Misty offered us a whole bunch of differently flavored cupcakes to try. A lot of them were very unique combos. We went with chocolate and raspberry in the end, and it turned out great!

A sweet touch: Misty also gave us some really good recommendations on where to get the topper.

Overall, would recommend Girl Meets Cake to anybody in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Bekah · Married on 06/21/2015

Misty is so talented! From our first meeting, we knew she would be the one making our wedding cake :) She was so easy to work with, knew what we wanted without us having to say much, and was priced so well. She worked with us when picking our topper and gave us advice on what would look best. In the end, it was more than we ever imagined! She delivered our 2-tier cake with cupcakes (with different flavors) to our venue. The cake was beautiful and was so delicious. We even had some left over and it was still so good. We had so many compliments from guests...even guests saying they want to get future cakes from them. We've definitely found our cake baker for life! Can't wait to get our cake remade for our 1st anniversary!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Ellaine · Married on 06/06/2015

From our very first meeting, I knew I wanted to work with Misty. She was friendly, had great ideas, and she seemed genuinely excited for us! We came in with pictures of cakes we liked and she took it to the next level. I love funfetti cake and even though it's a pretty non traditional flavor, she said it would be no problem to make. Not only that, but Misty made the most incredible groom's cake for my husband for the rehearsal the day before... it was incredible! It looked like his DJ mixer and everyone raved about how delicious the cake was inside! It's not all about what's on the outside - her cakes LOOK and TASTE incredible!!

And her price? Forget about! She cannot be beat! We went to a few other bakeries and Misty was going to make MORE cake for at least $200 less than those big bakeries... and honestly, her cake was better!!

I can't say enough great things about Misty. She will be my go to "cake lady" from now on - future birthdays, showers... any big event - I'm going with Girl Meets Cake! (I've already referred her to a friend for her mother's retirement party cake!)

Thank you so much Misty!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Terry · Married on 05/30/2015

If you haven't tried the cakes from this vendor then you are missing out. Girls meet cake makes delicious cakes. They are moist, light, not too sweet. My absoulte favorite is the red velvet cake. However I can assure you whatever flavor you choose you are in for a treat. This is the second time I have had the privilege of eating such an awesome creation. Misty is awesome. And the display of the cake is creative and beautiful. I will continue to use Girls Meet Cake for future events and I think you should too.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kristin · Married on 05/16/2015

Misty is such a sweet person and was a true joy to work with. She was flexible with what we wanted and with our budget. Our cake turned out absolutely beautiful and all of the flavors tasted amazing! Very affordable compared to most vendors in the area with moist, delicious cake and icing. I would definitely recommend her to future brides/grooms!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Patricia · Married on 05/09/2015

Misty is incredible. Her cakes are SO delicious, she's a joy to work with, and she's extremely helpful to people (like us!) who don't really know what we're doing. Our cake turned out beautifully, and I am going to recommend her to everyone. Go to Misty, guys! Very affordable because she works out of her home in Manassas and therefore doesn't have the overhead costs of paying rent. We tried quite a few cupcakes throughout the Alexandria area, and Misty's by far were the best. Honestly, of all the vendors we worked with for the wedding, Misty was my favorite.

Sent on 05/23/2015

Tiffanie · event on 11/29/2014

I absolutely loved my sons birthday cake she bought my whole vision to life. The cake was a prefect price not costly at all and very moist. I love my cake lady!

Sent on 01/26/2015

Jamie · Married on 11/08/2014

Misty created my dream wedding cake. I came to her with a picture of what I wanted and she created it exactly, if not better. It was a pleasure working with her from start to finish. The tasting was easy and fun and everything was perfect. I would absolutely work with Misty again and highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Girl Meets Cake aka Misty is the best! I was stressing out about finding a baker that would work within my budget and when I connected with Misty she put me immediately at ease. So many bakeries/bakers are not flexible with their services, but Misty was really willing to work with us!! When we went for our tasting we had such a fun time and it was really hard to decide what we wanted for our cake, because everything we tasted was delicious. Because we were indecisive, Misty guided us towards the best options for "what we were going for" with our cake; and the end result was the most beautiful and delicious cake we could have asked for! And when I needed some extra floral decor last minute, it was no problem at all! Misty had it all taken care of.

Sent on 12/08/2014

Christel · Married on 10/18/2014

This was the best wedding cake. It was moist it was beautiful and it was just what we ordered. We also had a grooms cake made and it was perfect. I will recommend Girl Meets Cake to everyone i know. I know i will be using them again in the future.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Ericka · Married on 10/03/2014

Cake looked and tasted amazing and business was handled in a friendly and professional manner

Sent on 10/04/2014

Kylie · Married on 09/20/2014

Girl Meets Cake did the cake for my wedding an I absolutely LOVED it. It turned out exactly how I had it pictured in my head. Everybody told me that mine was one of the few wedding cakes they had had that actually taste good!! Misty was so easy to work with and was super willing to work with on the delivery time.

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • Z

Zsofia · Married on 09/12/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Girl Meets Cake! We got a fabulous cake, better then we could have ever imagined. It did not just look great but tasted amazing (which is not usual for wedding cakes). Thank you so much Misty and I will always recommend you for any events!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Misty was wonderful to work with! She did a fantastic job incorporating both my husband and my ideas to produce a cake that we both loved. She gave us the flexibility to use several flavors of cake and icing and she made it possible for us to use different designs on each tier of the cake. We received several compliments on both the look and flavor of the cake. The delivery was seamless. Misty worked with our venue to arrange everything. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Girl Meets Cake is a great value--super reasonable prices and amazing quality!

Sent on 11/17/2014

MARIA · Married on 08/30/2014

My cake was absolutely gorgeous!!! EVERYONE loved it, not just the look but the flavors also. I will most definitely be referring friends and family!!! Girl Meets Cake made my special day that much more special! And to top it off, the prices are incredible!!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Ada · Married on 08/16/2014

Wedding date 8/16/2014 at Indigo Landing in Alexandria VA

Misty is a wonderful human being! I am not sure that I have ever met anyone, a vendor who takes so much pride in their work, who loves doing what they do as much as Misty does. Her enthusiasm shone through our discussions and she got me excited about cake, something I never thought I would ever be :) Her work is amazing and the price is awesome especially when compared to the NoVa area. She is the ultimate professional and her work speaks for itself. She takes your vision and recreates it even better than what you thought you wanted. She has a very lovely and neat home and you can rest assured that your cake is created in a clean environment. I highly recommend Misty. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Sara · Married on 08/02/2014

Everyone was in love with my cake and cupcakes, especially me! I had two huge cakes and 100 cupcakes and only 50 people. In 5 hours, nothing was left. Misty is adorable, funny and so easy to work with. The day we met her, my now husband and I got excited for our wedding!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 07/19/2014

Misty is an amazing cake artist!! I wasn't sure my wedding cake was going to be possible to get for our budget cause it was such a unique cake, but Misty pulled it off and it was amazing! I would recommend her to anyone looking for any kind of cake they may need!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Laura · Married on 07/04/2014

Misty is awesome! She was so friendly and inviting at our consultation, we had to bring our 2 year old and she willingly shared some of her kids toys with him to keep him occupied! Misty was always responsive to my emails.
    The cake was DELICIOUS! We had cream cheese pound cake for one tier and lemon cake for a second tier. Both of them were amazing and moist! I gave Misty a picture to go off of for the design and she hit it dead on. I have nothing but positive things to say about Misty! Her prices are very reasonable as well. She is a winner!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2014

I had another cake lady originally and she backed out on me at the last minute. Misty was a savior and was able to provide us a cake tasting on very short notice. She worked with us to come up with an original design that met our needs and was exactly what we were looking for. We had our hearts set on a baileys irish cream cake, and it wasn't in the flavor choices on her website. We asked if there was any way she could make us one and she said of course! It was THE BEST CAKE WE HAD EVER TASTED! Immediately we knew that no other cake could even compete, based on taste AND price. On our wedding day, Misty did NOT disappoint! Our cake was delivered on time, was beautiful, and tasted AMAZING! We got a lot of compliments on how pretty and yummy our cake was! Misty always was very quick to respond to any emails and questions I had, and she is a very sweet lady all around. Hubby and I have already decided she will be making our baby shower cake when the time comes.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/28/2014

Misty was absolutely wonderful to work with! The experience couldn't of been better. After explaining about the type of wedding and what the kind of look I was going for. Misty pulled up pictures that were perfect and the cake she made was exactly what I wanted. All the flavors were wonderful but everyone especially liked the pistachio flavor. I can honestly say that was not a single thing I would change or that could have been done better.

Sent on 09/07/2014
  • User4380519 · event on 06/01/2014

Misty was wonderful, everyone loved the cake and it tasted as good as it looked.
    Great value, quick turn around with my late order. very happy with this vendor!
    Will definitely call again!

Sent on 09/06/2014