Gina Brocker Photography Reviews

64 | Boston, MA

64 Reviews for Gina Brocker Photography

David Smith · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Gina is phenomenal

Working with Gina is something we cannot recommend highly enough. Her photos are outstanding not just because she has a good eye and is discreet in the way a documentary photographer is, but because her experience allows her to make sure she is in the best positions and paying attention to small, less obvious moments. In the lead up to the wedding there are many things to worry about and fret over but photography was never one of them. Gina is responsive and built a great rapport and completely understood what was important to us and what we wanted the experience to be like. She offered some ideas when asked and was happy to take cues from us (like in what we did or did not want to do). Always quickly responsive, we couldn't believe how quickly she turned the pictures around. To be completely honest, we would have been happy with one or two pictures of the quality she puts on her site but we got dozens of them. She blew us (and our guests away) with the shots she was able to get and the discretion with which she took them. We could not be more enthusiastic or complete in our recommendation of her!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Elaina Kazes · Married on 09/28/2019

Gina is the best!

We had such a magical wedding experience, thanks to Gina Brocker Photography. Gina is so easy to work with: kind, flexible, and incredibly talented. The photos from our special day were absolutely stunning. She really has such a wonderful eye for photos. We cannot recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 07/14/2019

The best wedding photography experience!

Gina is the most wonderful person you could hope to have on your wedding team, for SO many reasons. First and foremost, she is an amazingly talented artist who turned each and every detail and moment of our wedding day into insanely beautiful photographs that we find ourselves looking at in some way or another almost every day! When it came time to choose a couple wedding photos to display in our home, it was honestly super hard to choose because Gina had captured so many amazing moments, small and large.

Besides her obvious artistic talent, Gina is so easygoing and warm, and her presence was absolutely crucial to the success of our wedding, both on the day of - many guests specifically commented on how great she was - as well as leading up to it. When my now husband and I first met with Gina, we didn't know exactly how we wanted the details of our wedding day to go, and Gina actually took the time to help us figure this out. On the actual wedding day, she let us be ourselves and not once did any photos feel forced or posed - and this naturalness is definitely reflected in the photos! Also, one minor but telling observation: we looked over at some point during the reception, after dinner, and Gina was helping to bring glassware into the kitchen. To me, this was emblematic of Gina's willingness to go above and beyond to help make the day run smoothly, even when she clearly had no obligation to do so.

After the wedding, we sometimes reflect on the craziness of wedding planning and the little things we might have done differently. Each and every time, we always end up commenting that working with Gina and getting to enjoy the beautiful photos that she took was one of the things we would definitely not change!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Brittney

Brittney Grigsby · Married on 07/12/2019

A phenomenal photographer and wonderful person!!

Gina is not only an incredible photographer, she is also a wonderful person to work with! When my husband and I started planning our wedding we knew that finding the right photographer was the most important thing to us. Gina's work has left us speechless. From pictures of us laughing at the alter to signing our hearts out on the dance floor during the last song of the night, she truly captured my husband and I perfectly. Family members have said "We can hear you singing in that picture!" - that's how incredible she is! Gina's ability to capture the perfect moment and her amazing personality is why not only us, but our family and friends will be recommending her for yrs to come! There are not enough thank you's in the world for her!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Maryanna

Maryanna Kerr · Married on 05/26/2019

The best photographer ever

Gina photographed our wedding and I can't say enough good things about her and her work. She made us feel extremely comfortable, was unobtrusive, and somehow managed to capture every single beautiful moment of the day. She is incredibly talented and we couldn't be happier with the result! Hiring Gina was the best decision we made for our wedding, and we will always cherish these photos. We will absolutely be working with Gina again for any future projects!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Andrea Zinn · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful photos and a blast to work with!!!

Where do we even begin!? I feel so lucky that we found Gina. From the minute that we met her, we knew we wanted to work with her. Beyond being in love with her past work, she was kind and patient and warm and genuine -- she expressed just as much excitement about planning for our wedding as we did. She went above and beyond to answer our questions and was always offering to help in any way she could, even beyond photography-related things! She really took the time to get to know us and to make sure we were comfortable and had what we needed.

We first met with Gina about 10 months before our actual wedding, but from there on out, she made a constant effort to check in all throughout our planning process and was incredibly helpful when it came time to planning our day-of timeline. She never hesitated to offer her expertise and always made time for us! She always made me, and my family, feel like a priority and I was so appreciative of that.

Nothing like a little good luck rain on your wedding day, and in our case, it was torrential downpours! This threw a bit of wrench in our outdoor photo plans, but Gina jumped right in to help seamlessly transition our whole wedding party to our rain plan and made sure that we still got all the photos that we wanted. She braved the weather with us, sloshed around in the rain, ran in and out of neighborhood bars and never missed a beat -- all to make sure we got all the best pictures. I already knew this, of course, but so many of our friends and family members made a point to tell me how wonderful Gina was to have around us that day -- she captured the quiet moments and you didn't even know she was there, and then she jumped in to help keep everyone organized and on time through lots of pictures on a tight schedule, and still made sure everyone had fun!

Our wedding photos came out better than I could have ever expected. We really wanted a focus on the real-life, candid moments of the night and Gina did just that. She has an amazing way of capturing the magic of the moments -- big and small -- and every day when I look back through all the pictures, I get to re-live them all. She truly captured every emotion so beautifully -- all the laughs and tears and excitement and love. While the night went by way too fast, we're so lucky to have all of these beautiful photos to look back at forever and can't begin to thank Gina enough for making that possible. She's the best and we can't wait to work with her again someday!!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Justin · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing photographer and person!

From the moment my husband and I first met Gina, we knew she was the right photographer for our wedding. She was so easy to talk to and open to our feedback on how we wanted our special day photographed. We also appreciated that she approached photography with an eye for documenting the day with both the candid moments and the more formal family and wedding party photos.

Now that our mini engagement shoot and wedding are behind us, we can safely say we made the right decision bringing Gina on as our photographer. Not only are the photos she took absolutely stunning, but she was so easy to work with, friendly and wonderful to both us and our guests. In fact, we had guests and family members coming up to us after the wedding to tell us how friendly and amazing our wedding photographer was.

My husband and I would highly recommend Gina to anyone looking to hire a photographer to capture a special moment, whether it be their wedding or another important occasion.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Jessica Sullivan · Married on 09/29/2018

Gina is truly an artist!

Where do I begin… working with Gina was fun, so easy and not to mention her photography is AMAZING. She is truly an artist and exceeded our expectations. We got married in Boston at St. Leonard’s Church with our reception at the StateRoom. Her documentary style is like nothing we have ever seen before; it really captures all of the emotions and feelings that were going on during our wedding day. We did an engagement session at Fenway Park in December (5 degrees and windy – typical Boston winter weather) and she was so great. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed, it felt like it was just the two of us having a fun day together as she captured moments. She is unbelievably kind, easy going and accommodating as we planned our wedding from across the country. Leading up to our wedding she was fantastic in helping with our timeline and consulting with us as to what is important and not important to us during our day as well as suggestions on where to take some of our wedding photos near our venue. She did an amazing job documenting while hidden behind the scenes; we barely knew she was there (in the best way possible)! She had all of our photos back to us so quickly all online so we can easily access them from anywhere and share them with friends and family. We will definitely be calling Gina again to capture other life events and we highly recommend her for engagement/wedding photography!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Patrick Ford · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Photographer and so Professional

Gina is amazing. We hired her for our wedding in New Hampshire and not only did she meet expectations, she exceeded them. My wife and I are two people who don't love being the center of attention or posing for photographs. However, Gina made us feel so relaxed and comfortable. From our engagement shoot, to the wedding day, Gina was so accommodating and professional. She values the customer experience and wants to make sure ALL her clients are cared for. She was so responsive and easy to work with, but honestly nothing compares to the quality of her work. Her photographs were BEAUTIFUL. She captured moments that would've surely gone by the wayside if she had not been present. My wife and I will never forget our special day and it is all thanks to Gina Brocker...

Sent on 03/15/2019

Erin O’Neill · Married on 09/14/2018

Will definitely hire her again

Gina was THE best to work with. She was so flexible with us from the engagement shoot all the way through the wedding day (believe me, not all wedding vendors are willing to be flexible). If you’re anything like my husband and I, standing there having someone take romantic pictures of you sounds like an awkward experience, but Gina made us feel so comfortable and so relaxed the entire time - and it showed in our pictures! We could not be happier with how they turned out - the perfect mix of classic wedding shots and the candid moments that really bring back all the memories and emotions of the day. Could not recommend her more!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Carolina · Married on 09/02/2018

I can't say enough about Gina. She is just a truly an amazing photographer with a very talented eye. With a background in documentary photography Gina tells the story through the moments she captures. She is a photographer like no other. Very easy going, very personable, very flexible, and immensely talented. She is worth every penny . I can't tell you how many times I heard "your photographer is amazing" after showing the pictures to my family and friends. She is really one of a kind. I Strongly recommend Gina. We are extremely grateful for her work and for capturing our special day in such beautiful way.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/28/2018

Truly the best!

My husband and I had such a hard time choosing a wedding photographer. Planning our wedding was fairly simple- but we wanted a photographer who would capture our day, not just posed photos of our day. My husband found Gina’s website and we were hooked! We found ourselves laughing and smiling at photos of complete strangers, and we knew that Gina would capture the essence of all the love and fun that we wanted our wedding to be. When it came to the day itself, Gina was amazing! She was professional and fun, and I felt totally relaxed and natural. I am definitely a little camera shy, but Gina’s goal was to capture true, candid moments. My guests loved her and commented several times on how she seemed to be everywhere, capturing every moment, while never being in the way. When we got our wedding album, we spent a few hours laughing and crying through every photo- choosing our favorites was impossible. Thank you so much Gina!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Greg · Married on 06/23/2018

Gina did a phenomenal job documenting our wedding, and we were so thrilled to work with her. Her photos came out beautifully; we were incredibly impressed by how many little details she captured, everything from intricate floral arrangements to amusing facial expressions. We really have no idea how she was able to take so many great shots, and from so many different angles, too--it's like she knows how to be in two places at once! Throughout it all, she was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we felt very glad to have her be part of this important day in our lives. Her photos will help us to remember the day in vivid detail for years to come. -Melissa and Greg

Sent on 09/21/2018

Kim Kinsman · Married on 06/10/2018

Loved Gina!

We absolutely loved Gina - the pictures she took really captured who we are and our wedding vibe! We love to dance and party, and the pictures captured all of us in our element. Our portraits were comfortable (and both of us hate pictures!) and came out absolutely amazing. Would recommend Gina to anyone who values candid photography!

Sent on 01/25/2020

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

We were so thrilled that we were able to have Gina photograph our wedding! We had been looking at dozens of photographers but when I saw Gina's portfolio, I knew she was exactly what we were looking for. Her work is SO incredibly beautiful and represents the perfect blend of documentary, candid and formal shots that we were looking for in a wedding photographer. Not only are her images beautiful, but she is such a pleasure to work with! She's so warm and engaging, making you feel like a friend right from the start. During our engagement shoot, she made us feel so comfortable and captured pictures that we will cherish forever. As the wedding approached, Gina continued to check in with us to finalize all the details and was very prompt to respond to all my emails. On the day of the wedding, she was so wonderful! She shot all the pictures on our shot list but also caught so many amazing, candid moments that we would have never remembered otherwise, all the while being completely unobtrusive. We didn't even know she was there! Gina's work is truly special and we are so in love with all our photographs. We feel so lucky to have had Gina document our wedding day and cannot recommend her enough. We would rate her 10 stars if we could!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2017

My husband and I feel incredibly lucky that we had Gina as our photographer to capture our wedding day. As soon as we met her, we knew she was the perfect person to photograph our day. My husband and I can both be on the shy side but Gina made us feel so comfortable and natural. She is incredibly talented, kind, well organized, thoughtful, and genuinely wonderful to be around. Leading up to the day, months and months ahead, Gina would check in with us to keep us on track, go over timelines and details, and ask how she could help. We opted for a mini engagement session with Gina in one of our favorite places before our wedding day, which I highly recommend so you can get to know each other and receive some amazing photos, too! The pictures from our engagement session and our wedding took our breath away. It ended up raining on our wedding day but Gina didn't miss a beat - she captured our first look, our ceremony (outside in the rain!) and our reception with creativity, grace, and patience. Our entire family and wedding party commented on how talented and genuine Gina is and how comfortable everyone felt with her. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Each photograph was so natural and took us right back to each moment. I was emotional saying bye to her because she'd become a friend to us throughout this process. Hire Gina - it will be one of the best decisions you will make throughout your wedding planning process. She will put you at ease and you will have incredible, candid, natural photos to last a lifetime. We can't say enough good things about her. Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Allison · Married on 09/16/2017

So happy and grateful to share how wonderful Gina Brocker is to work with! I have been drafting this review in my mind for months to try to fully express how appreciative we are that she documented our wedding day. At our initial meeting, Gina laughed when I told her we had just got engaged 2 weeks prior. The photography of our upcoming big day was something I couldn't wait to start planning and I looked through the blogs of so, so many wedding photographers before emailing Gina. Truthfully, they are all beautiful. If you ever need a lift to your day, browse through wedding photography. There was something very special that caught my eye about Gina's photography though. I could feel the love, joy, and excitement of the weddings she had documented through her photos. No photo felt staged or stiff. They were overflowing with life. The nature of the relationships among the family, friends, and the couple are conveyed so beautifully in her photography. So, clearly, my expectations were high. Gina surpassed them. She is a true professional. Responsive, organized, detail-oriented...honestly everything you want when you're planning a wedding. Also, she is just a pleasure to be around. Beyond that, of course, is her incredible talent. Our engagement photos blew me away. Not just because they are so beautiful, but also that "how" Joe and I are with each other came through. On our wedding day, Gina's presence was such an added joy. She remained calm when we threw in last minute edits to our schedule. She helped us and our family members remain calm :) She embraced all of the emotion and unobtrusively captured it. The photography is so, so beautiful. My family and friends gushed over it as well. It brings the day back to life for us every time we browse through. We will forever be grateful to Gina for that immeasurable gift! Thank you, thank you!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Holland · Married on 09/09/2017

Gina was everything we wanted & more in our wedding photographer. She was professional, fun to work with & so enjoyable to be around. When we got our photos back we were stunned & she exceeded our expectations on every level!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Sally · Married on 09/03/2017

If I could give Gina a higher score I would. She is truly amazing. It is rare to find such a great professional who is also equally as great of a person! It was like working with a friend the day of the wedding. She brings such a calming presence that you don't feel stressed at all about photos on the big day. Her pictures are amazing and capture all the raw emotion from the entire day. I'm so happy we spent more than what we originally budgeted for photography, it was 100% worth it! Now we have amazing pictures to last us a lifetime!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Brittney · Married on 08/26/2017

Gina was the perfect choice for our photography! I was worried about being photographed professionally, but Gina put us right at ease and worked quickly and efficiently during the portrait session so we could get back to partying with our guests.

I was looking for someone who could capture the candid, real moments of the event in a beautiful and timeless way. Gina did just that. Our photos turned out wonderfully. I'm impressed she was able to get so many beautiful shots, even though we had a tight timeline and had to rush her at different points.

Her work speaks for itself, but her professionalism and lovely personality made the experience so positive for us. She was great at communicating in the weeks leading up to and after the wedding, and was easy to work with during the event. She's kind, easy-going, and a pro at giving gentle direction when needed. She even stayed a few minutes later than we had scheduled to make sure we got all the shots we wanted before she left.

I hope I can hire her again for future photography shoots!

Thank you, Gina!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Justin · Married on 07/23/2017

5-stars really doesn't do Gina justice. During the beginning of our engagement, I combed through well over a-hundred different photographer portfolios. And each one just felt really cliché or like a stock-photo from Getty. That is, until we came across Gina's. From the very first image in her portfolio, you could tell that Gina wasn't just another cliché photographer. Flipping through her book was like flipping through an editorial piece in Time magazine. Gina has a way of capturing these very real and human moments that you just can't stage. It was as if she always knew how to be at the right place at the time. If you like that editorial/documentary style of photography, Gina is the photographer for you.

I only had two thoughts by the time I reached the end of her portfolio. The first being, "I want to see more!" And the second being, "Wait...I'm a guy, why am I being a total creeper right now looking at all these intimate moments from other people's weddings?!?"

After our initial call, it was clear that it was either Gina or bust. Throughout the course of our engagement, Gina was both easy-going and very professional to work with. Things she did like: providing a shoot schedule and questionnaire form to make sure she knew about every shot we wanted covered. As well as checking in from time to time to see if we had any additional questions really helped to relieve any stress levels we had for our wedding day.

Fast-forward to our wedding day and Gina was an all-star as expected. She made the entire experience super fun and knows how to make even the most awkward of people feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera. Gina has a true gift and it's so clear that she loves doing what she does. My wife and I consider ourselves super blessed to have had Gina there to capture the most important commitment of our lives.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Deb · Married on 07/15/2017

Gina did a fantastic job photographing our wedding - she is very thoughtful, creative and talented - we recommend her highly and would be happy to discuss our experiences in more detail!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kate · Married on 07/01/2017

Hiring Gina was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding. She is as professional as she is warm and friendly. She is an ever-present positive force from the moment you hire her. During the planning, she continuously offers help and guidance in the scheduling and details of your wedding, even helping beyond photography if you’d like. On the day itself, she is a peaceful and happy addition to the day and will take as much of a leadership role or a backseat as you’d prefer. She has a great skill at being both everywhere at the wedding and not at all in the way; which I think is key to being a great wedding photographer. After the wedding, we received our photos so quickly and they were as beautiful as her portfolio! My husband works as a professional photographer, and he personally picked her based on the beautiful quality of her photos. Honestly, you couldn’t have a better photographer for your wedding.

Sent on 01/24/2018

Josie · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Gina was such a joy! We could not have been more pleased with the range and quality of the photos she gave us. She was able to capture so much of what made our wedding day special and the people in our lives that are important to us. With everything that goes on during your wedding day, it's easy to miss the thousands of wonderful things that were happening around us and through her pictures, we felt like we were able to experience some of that that we weren't able to be a part of on the day of. Beyond what she was able to accomplish in documenting our wedding, she was such a calming, supportive, and stabilizing presence throughout what can otherwise be a rather hectic day. Gina is a true artist and an absolute joy and we cannot recommend her more highly!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Sophia · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Gina as our wedding photographer was one of the highlights of the wedding, and also maybe the only one that was completely stress free. From the first time I talked to Gina I knew I was in good hands. We live out of state, and did not have an engagement shoot, but I was not worried in the least because out phone conversations and meeting with Gina were so relaxing we knew it would be a home run. And it was!! She was so caring and invested in our vision. She sent us chocolates and a card to congratulate us on our engagement!! She is a consummate professional--always extremely prompt in her responses (never knew how important this was till I tried to plan a wedding). We were on a tight budget, and Gina worked with us to maximize our investment. She also goes above and beyond to make herself available not only for photography-related questions, but also recommendations for other vendors and any other wedding-related questions. I joked that she was like a secret wedding planner. She keeps you on task with things, always sending friendly reminders when we needed to get moving (which groupings for portraits, locations for photoshoots etc). She will send you a detailed schedule for the day, and she will be right on with how long everything will take. She is meticulous, and her work is perfect. PERFECT. Our photos were more amazing than we ever could have imagined. She somehow makes everyone photogenic. Gina also manages to turn the wedding photos around at peak wedding season in a very reasonable amount of time. In short, our experience with Gina was perfect from start to finish. Look no further. Do not think twice. Book her if she is still available!!

Sent on 11/04/2017