Gilmore Catering Reviews

Gilmore Catering 1
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 12/29/2018

Incredible

Don’t hesitate to book this caterer!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Karis · Married on 08/25/2018

We can't recommend Gilmore enough. They are definitely worth every penny with their delicious food, quick responses, and professionalism. As a couple who was working with them over 3 continents we are very happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Lia · Married on 08/18/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at HOME in the BOB using the Gilmore Collection. The venue was amazing and the food was absolutely delicious! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Sydney · Married on 07/28/2018

Their food was WONDERFUL! We got all sorts of compliments on how good our food was. They were efficient in cleaning up (maybe a little too efficient... they took the grooms’ food really early and he was still hungry). They were on time and ready to go by the time pictures were done!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Melanie · Married on 06/16/2018

We chose Gilmore to cater our wedding for approx. 100 people. The food was outstanding! It was everything we expected and more! They were professional on site and managed everything with a smile. We heard nothing but compliments from our guests. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Ashlyn · Married on 03/23/2018

Very professional and accommodating to our price range. Once I told them how I wanted it to go they easily served the guests with no questions on the day of the wedding! Pretty much stress free dealing with Gilmore.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

Gilmore catered our wedding at The Felt Mansion. The food was delicious - we received a ton of compliments! They were flexible in working with our budget so that we were able to get the food we wanted without going broke. Super responsive and easy to work with. Get the pot roast and gouda potatoes! You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

Megan, Thank you for the wonderful, 5-star review! We are so honored that you chose us to cater your special day and that you enjoyed the food and customer service. Thank you again! Congratulations on your marriage!

Mary · Married on 07/15/2017

Gilmore did our outdoor wedding in July 2017. We could not have been happier with everything. The staff were so incredible and made us feel such at ease. The food was great, they were flexible, and worth every penny. Our day of manager was so comforting and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Audrey · Married on 06/24/2017

Gilmore Catering did an exceptional job for our daughter's wedding at the GRPM!! We had many positive comments from guests about the wonderful food and their presentation for the appetizers, dinner and sweet table of desserts was phenomenal. Gilmore Catering made sure that all the details that were important to us were properly attended to and we couldn't have been happier with the outcome!! Truly WONDERFUL!!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

Audrey, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience with us was wonderful. We hope to work with you again soon!

Lori · Married on 06/23/2017

Everyone we worked with at Gilmore Catering was top notch and so helpful every step of the way. The actually day could not have gone smoother and we heard nothing but great things about the food and the staff. They wil always be our first choice for any event!!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

Lori, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear that your event was a success and we were happy to be a part of it. We would love to work with you again soon! We appreciate your valuable feedback!

Brittney · Married on 06/10/2017

We brought boxes for leftovers but never saw any. I'd imagine there was something. I'm not sure if it was just missed. But if that is the only complaint, I'm fairly lucky. Everyone raved about the food and Kim, the manager, was incredibly helpful and encouraging during what can be a stressful process.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

Hi Brittney! We are sorry to hear that you did not receive leftovers as you had requested. We do our best to fix these issues and will pass this note along. Aside from that we are happy to hear your experience with us was a positive one! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we appreciate it!

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2017

Gilmore Catering is the best of the best in the Grand Rapids area. Kim was awesome to work with, and the food was AMAZING. I had so many people come up to me at the wedding praising the food. They were flexible, communicative, and detail oriented. I couldn't have asked for a better team.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Leah · Married on 05/27/2017

The staff at Gilmore catering made planning our wedding easy and stress-free. The options were great and from the tasting to the reception dinner, everything was delicious. The staff was helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend Kim and her staff.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

Leah, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear that our team provided a stress free process for your big day. Thank you again for including Gilmore Catering!

You couldn't ask for an easier caterer to work with. We had multiple guests comment that this was the best wedding food they had ever had. They were willing to go above and beyond to help with set-up. I had several guests with special dietary requests, and they were so accommodating to ensure all of my guests were taken care of. They quickly responded to all of my communications. I can't recommend them highly enough!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Katelyn · Married on 05/06/2017

Gilmore catering helped make our day so incredibly special, our food was raved about from our guests and when they realized my husband and I didn't get to eat as much as we would have liked, they made to go boxes for us to enjoy later. Gilmore is so close to my heart now!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Gilmore Catering's reply:

We were happy to be a part of your big day and create such a memorable experience for you! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, Katelyn!

We used Gilmore Collection Catering at an offsite location. They did a fantastic job! We continue to receive comments that it was the best wedding food our guests have ever had!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Karen · Married on 06/13/2015

We're hosting our reception at The Top of the BOB, catered by the Gilmore Collection. The space is great for that downtown feel with plenty of room to not be cramped (approx. 200 guests) We were pleasantly surprised at the ample food and beverage service selections and how reasonable the pricing is. Everyone we've worked with so far has been very helpful and really quick to respond to questions. We're going for our private food tasting next month and we couldn't be more excited!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/16/2015

We had our wedding reception at The EVE at the BOB with Gilmore Collection Catering. From the very first tour of the place the staff was friendly, helpful and welcoming. I am so happy we went with them. Our reception turned out beautiful. Kari was our coordinator and Kauai was our manager the night of the reception. I really cannot say enough nice things about working with both of them. The food (appetizers and main course) were fantastic, the event ran very smoothly, and my mom really appreciated the staff's help with getting everything boxed up at the end of the night. Very professional group of people to work with and I would recommend having an event at the EVE to anyone!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Breanne · Married on 10/11/2014

I used Gilmore Catering for my wedding in Saugatuck, MI. I was planning from Indiana and Gilmore made the planning process a breeze. Kim and Angela at the Gilmore were fantastic to work with and responded quickly to any questions I had. We had some odd requests and it did not throw them off one bit. As for the day of the wedding Charlie was on our onsite contact. He was the best thing ever! He was so professional and was prompt with how the evening went. All of my guests were raving about Charlie and the staff!

Sent on 10/28/2014

MY WEDDING DINNER WENT OFF WITHOUT A HITCH! IT WAS A PLATED MEAL THAT WENT PERFECTLY. GILMORE WAS WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH. I HAD ALL MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED AND FELT VRY COMFORTABLE WORKING WITH THEM.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Shelby · Married on 06/27/2014

We had the added fun of planning our wedding from out of town and Alicia and Kerry were a huge help in planning our reception at the Top of the B.O.B. The venue is beautiful, amazing food (we had many, many guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever had!), staff that goes above and beyond (even making my plate and carrying it to my seat for me), and a great location. Alicia was our manager for the night and she was wonderful in planning and helping the night flow flawlessly. Many guests commented on how amazing the venue itself is and then the service on top of that. Our only wish is that we could have taken the left over food home since it was so good! We couldn't be happier with our decision to have the B.O.B and Gilmore Catering for our reception.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Karen · Married on 01/25/2014

We have nothing but great things to say about Gilmore catering! Our guests raved about the food, venue (Eve) and staff. The event team was outstanding to work with and they made our day perfect! You will not be disappointed, I promise!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Karen · Married on 08/24/2013

Gilmore Collection catered my daughters outdoor wedding in Holland in August 2013. From the moment we contacted Gilmore (Kim), we were guided through the process with exceptional service. Since our daughter was living in San Fran, we needed to do a lot over the phone, but were able to meet Angela at the BOB for two taste testings.

Angela did a great job making suggestions for the cocktail and dinner. Gilmore is very flexible with making changes to their menu so that you get exactly what you want.

The day of event was unbelievable, Guests were greeted with passed appetizers and wine. The appetizers were great. The dinner prep and presentation was over the top. Guests were very pleased with menu selections and that entrees were grilled on site. As great as the food was, the service was even better. I have never seen the attention to detail shown by all of the servers.

Never a moment of worry if you go with Gilmore. They are the best in the area.

Shout out to Angela for a job well done!!!!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Hillary · Married on 06/15/2013

Food was amazing!! We had multiple comments on the food. We were very satisfied!

Sent on 07/07/2013