GHI Catering Reviews

GHI Catering View more information

Geraldine P. Married on 12/18/2020

Excellent catering

GHI was a dream to work with. Amanda was so responsive to our emails every time we had questions. She helped us create a menu to match our theme. The tasting was delicious. They took our feedback and made sure to execute our vision on our day. The servers were phenomenal. Everything about GHI was wonderful!

Congratulations!

We truly appreciate your patronage &your taking the time to write this review.

Amanda, Vince, & The GHI Team
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin M. Married on 10/24/2019

Delicious Food!

GHI prepared a delicious selection for us at our wedding, and were very open to any changes we wanted to make with the menu. Quick responses to all our questions, and did an exceptional job setting up and breaking down during the event. Their staff was beyond friendly, and I don’t think I ever saw them without a smile on their face! We hired our wedding coordinator with GHI as well, and it was the best decision we made. She was there for all our needs, and had our wedding running like a well oiled machine. She communicated with all the vendors, and when we walked in for our introduction, it was magical seeing our vision come to life.

GHI Catering's reply:

What a pleasure it was to work for you. Right from the first phone call straight through to this kind review you have been a delight.

May the quality of your marriage exceed the quality of your wedding 10 fold. Congratulations!
    Ann M. Married on 08/03/2019

Rehearsal dinner

Gotta Have It Catering made our rehearsal dinner dreams come true! The service was impeccable and the food was absolutely amazing! They even embraced our Coca-Cola theme with different types of decorations, coke floats, and desserts.

The servers and bartenders were attentive and very helpful. The food was hot and tasted fabulous. Our guests were going back for seconds and thirds.

Vince, Travis, Doug and Courtney worked closely with us to capture every detail and request. We were extremely happy with the service and the food and it was the perfect way to kick off our wedding weekend.

GHI Catering's reply:

It was our pleasure to serve you. Your families & friends were very warm & nice to the staff. Thank you for these kind words.

Congratulations!
  • Lorrin
    Lorrin Married on 07/27/2019

Tasty Food, Great DJ and Amazing Service!

We used GHI Catering for our rehearsal dinner, reception, late night food and DJ. Our rehearsal dinner was buffet style and reception/late night were the food truck. From the beginning, GHI was very responsive and courteous. Our food tasting was delicious and the food was just as good (if not better) the weekend of our wedding! I love that they offer so much to minimize the amount of vendors you need to coordinate with. They traveled about an hour and a half for our event and were timely throughout. The staff was absolutely amazing and so kind on our wedding day! I loved that they seemed like they were having a great time. Travis was such a fun DJ! He kept the partying going and even tolerated the ridiculously long list of songs my husband sent him beforehand :) I absolutely recommend GHI for any of your catering or DJ needs!

Lorrin:

Thank you so much for the kind words. I know I speak for our whole team when I say we had a great time doing your wedding. You guys picked some great songs and everybody was so nice it was a pleasure to work the carving station. The whole day was a lot of fun.

Travis Schamerhorn
    DJ and stuff
  • Sarah
    Sarah L. Married on 06/08/2019

Above and beyond weding catering

GHI did a FANTASTIC job for my wedding last week! I honestly can't say enough good things about how kind and professional they all were, plus the food was amazing! After our tasting with Vince back in January, we knew we were making the right choice, but it wasn't until the day of that I realized just how necessary they were to making the day perfect. Jo coordinated a beautiful event and went above and beyond - she helped coach us how to cut the cake, fixed the bustle on my dress and even loaned me her hair tie. It's little things like that that make the world of difference on your big day. Again, can't say enough good things! They are amazing!!
    Caitlyn Married on 04/07/2018
    Overall, I would highly recommend this team to anyone looking for delicious food and great service. The team was very responsive and easy to coordinate with prior to the event. Day of, they showed up with the truck with plenty of time to get set up, and by the time our guests were ready to eat service was very fast and everyone was absolutely raving. We went with their standard food truck menu and it was an absolute hit! Thank you Vince and team - you helped make our dream day a reality!
    Lauren Married on 03/24/2018
    We could not have been more pleased with Vince, Courtney, Travis, and the entire team at GHI catering! While other catering companies laughed at me and said my food desires were out of reach with our budget, Vince took all of our ideas and created the perfect menu that hit every request and didn't break the bank, from specialty seafood items for my husband to even ordering my favorite cheese made on our college campus back in our home state for the charcuterie display. Unlike so many caterers in the area, there wasn't just a set list of options you picked off of with a huge price per person - Vince came up with the whole menu based off of our conversations. Tons of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever eaten! GHI was incredibly flexible with the changes we wanted after our tasting and Courtney always responded really fast to every question we had and showed up on time to all planning meetings and calls. In addition to the great food, GHI also has an in-house DJ, Travis, who kept the party going all night and was offered to us at a significant discount compared to stand-alone DJ services in the area. I've never seen my dad dance like that before - thank you for the wonderful memories!!! Every staff member they brought, from servers to the cooks to the bartender, brought their A-game and really made all the difference for us at the wedding. Out of all of our vendors, GHI was by far the best choice we made. We would highly recommend GHI to anyone looking for delicious, professional, flexible catering services at a great price!
    Dalas Married on 02/24/2018
    My husband and I used GHI for our wedding and they were truly amazing and made our special day wonderful! The food was delicious and our guests raved about it all night! Not to mention the staff...they could not have done a better job! They were so kind and friendly and just all around great throughout the entire reception. We were really blown away at how good they are at what they do! We also used their wedding coordinator, Courtney...I can’t explain how amazing she was as well! We also used Travis as our DJ, and he was perfect at keeping the dance floor full :) All around an amazing experience and we wouldn’t change anything!!!
    E Married on 01/01/2018
    GHI catered my daughter's wedding on New Years Day and did a fantastic job. Food was excellent and the staff was great to work with. Thanks Vince and Angie and crew!!
    Katie Married on 09/30/2017
    Vince and Courtney were a joy to work with and their staff extremely professional!
    Rachael Married on 05/20/2017
    Honestly these guys did an incredible job! I had the pleasure working with Vince and Travis! We also ended up using Travis as our DJ and boy did he do a fantastic job! The food was to die for and even better at the wedding than our tasting! honestly it was a beautiful presentation! They went out of their way to help us, even gave us a second free tasting and let us borrow their sweet heart table free of charge! I truly suggest you use them! you will not be disappointed! They are awesome!
  • Janelle
    Janelle Married on 04/02/2017

Part of an Amazing Vendor Team

As a wedding planner, it is vital that the team of vendors working at your wedding collaborate and work well together. Picking trustworthy and professional vendors can make or break your special day.

We worked together with a number of other talented vendors. I recommend Gotta Have It 100%! Jo, the event manager had great communication and met the bride/grooms expectations that night!
    Natty Married on 09/24/2016
    The crew at Gotta Have It catering really did an outstanding job catering our wedding. We interacted most with Chef Vince, who sat down with us to create our menu, let us do multiple tastings because we couldn't make up our minds (everything was so good) and went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect the day of. He worked with our vision and our budget and really helped to pull the wedding together. We had an unusual venue with no real kitchen area and the GHI staff rolled with it and pulled everything off without a hitch. Everyone was raving about how delicious the food was. We especially appreciated the staff who worked the wedding, not only did they help set up tables/chairs/decor and run the reception, but they cleaned up so quickly and efficiently, if you blinked you would have missed it. The staff also very kindly set up a decorated impromptu sweetheart table for my husband and I, along with huge plates of food, so that we could sit and eat something during the speeches (#clutch). Thank you so much to Vince and his team, you guys made the wedding!
  • User2621656 2+ years ago
    Our wedding was catered by Gotta Have It and I can't begin to tell you how great they did. It is rare to find a catering company that provides linens, bartenders, servers, dinnerware and glassware, cake cutting service, clean up and tear down all in one. Unlike other catering companies, Chef Vincent Marra made me a whole menu perfect for our vision and guest list . My husband is from New Orleans so I was having the hardest time finding creole food here in Atlanta for him and our New Orleans wedding guest. Most catering companies are cookie cutter with their menu options (ex: pick two of these for this price) and if you ask for anything outside of the package options that's a no go, but Gotta Have It created the perfect creole wedding cuisine: Appetizers: fried egg plant with lump crab meat salad, mini gumbo shooter, and caprese skewers. Entrees: salmon with crawfish ettoufee, lemon caper chicken, mashed potato martini bar, wedge salad, green beans. Guest absolutely loved it.

They also made drinks that I curated for our event and provided all the non alcoholic components. Everything was wonderful. We couldn't have been more pleased.
    Mike Married on 12/18/2017
    Vince was great to work with setting up the menu for our event and the food was wonderful. They came early, had everything ready to go and the Chef he sent even had no problem staying late so we could invite the fireman from the fire house up the street to come down and finish off the rest of the GREAT food. Everyone raved about the food although I don’t think very much work got done after lunch, people were full. I highly recommend Gotta Have it catering. Thanks to Vince and his team we had a wonderful event. Do not hesitate to hire this Company.
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 05/15/2021

Foos Truck For Outdoor Party

Guests really liked the food and enjoyed the walk-up food truck concept

Laura:

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide feedback. That effort is much appreciated.
    Eat well,
    Vincent Marra
    Owner and Executive Chef
    GHI Catering
    Sage Married on 11/04/2017
    Let me start by saying, Courtney at GHI was amazing to work with from start to finish. Our tasting with the chef's blew us away and they were friendly and expressed willingness to accommodate a few changes we wanted to make to our menu. On the day of our wedding, to be totally honest, we thought that the food didn't quite match what we had experienced at the tasting. We were a little underwhelmed. The guests seem to enjoy it enough, but no one seemed to LOVE it like we did at our tasting. I think overall I would give GHI a 4/5 stars. Our day was perfect so I don't want to complain too much, but we felt there was a little over promising + under delivering. The customer service aspects were great and pricing was affordable. Thank you!
  • Karina
    Karina B. Married on 12/05/2020

Do not use!

Let me begin with saying it started out well and my fiancé and I were thrilled to have found GHI, as they were very open to helping us fuse our Russian/Armenian and Southern American food menu & they were also to provide DJ and uplighting services. The issues came when we were doing our final walk-through at the venue TWO weeks before the wedding and THAT is when GHI decided to let us know that they will not be doing our plated dinner as previously discussed and planned (for many months). TWO WEEKS! They very nonchalantly said "We can just do a buffet". As someone who has dreamt of my wedding and ALWAYS wanted a plated dinner, saying this to me just two weeks before the wedding is not appropriate by any means. When I showed my disappointment, I was met with "well what exactly is your issue with buffets?" IT. DOES. NOT. MATTER. We are the clients, and we contracted for a plated dinner and it was agreed by GHI. His reasoning for changing things last minute, was that he didn't want to put his staff at risk due to Covid with having multiple interactions between servers(wearing masks) and our guests & instead thought a buffet (where our guests would have to be crowded around each other in a smaller room) would be safer. Seeing that I had no other option, I agreed to have a stationed dinner instead of the plated that we have planned for and had our guests RSVP for. At this time, we also verbalized a final guest count to all vendors present at the walk-through on that day. This all happened on the 17th of November. It was not until the 20th of November that we received a call from Amanda at GHI to confirm our guest count over the phone (which we did). Then on the 21st of November, we received GHI's final invoice and contract. My fiancé and I looked it over and had follow-up questions that needed answering. After several back and forths via email, we finally signed the contract, at which point I receive a late night email from Vince saying he is going to back out of our wedding and wished us luck. 11 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING. His reasoning being: 1. He did not feel he could give us what we wanted safely. And felt we were being irresponsible. 2. That we were in breach of contract because we didn't provide him with a guest count. As you read earlier, we provided his team with our guest count MULTIPLE times. And our wedding followed multiple COVID safety steps to help keep the vendors and guests as safe as possible, as we cannot guarantee 100% safety to anyone. We sent out a safety and exposure questionnaire to all guests the week before the wedding, we did temperature checks at the door, we spaced tables 6ft apart, we provided masks, and provided distance bracelets to everyone. So the fact that Vince and GHI left us high and dry for a caterer and DJ services just days before our wedding, is absolutely mind blowing. He also showed a high level of rudeness to our wedding planner who tried to take over communications after he stated that "all contact with GHI and the clients will now cease". This is just NOT a way to do business and I am disgusted with how we were treated by this vendor. Thankfully ENDIVE Catering stepped up 10 days before our wedding and took over everything. They were amazing and did everything GHI did NOT want to do and did it better. They agreed that plated dinners made more sense. And helped us feel at ease with our plans. Save yourself some stress and heartache and do NOT use GHI Catering!

GHI Catering's reply:

We would be proud to share the details of our decision to terminate service, refund this client completely, provide an extra $500 for the possible inconveniences, & provide hundreds of dollars worth of specialty, Russian foodstuffs at no charge with any client past, present or future. We would be happy to provide incontrovertible evidence of the client's multiple breaches of contract & easily proven liable.
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 10/04/2018

Poor Experience

We used GHI catering for our wedding in October, and I’m still trying to figure out why. I, personally, did not have a reputable, professional, honest experience with this catering company. I will start by saying Tony (bartender) needs to find another job because he could really excel elsewhere- he was awesome. My fiancé and I had a tasting with their company prior to our wedding – in their hot, cramped location and the food was okay. We reviewed the proposal with Vince and made some changes based on the taste of the food. Shortly after our tasting, I submitted a quote request online thru Thumbtack and to my surprise, I received a quote much lower than what I was given when I emailed the company directly. I submitted the same exact information thru Thumbtack that I submitted thru the Caterer’s website. When I questioned the company about the difference in pricing, I was told by Vince that the lower pricing was an error – that Thumbtack is just a “general” quote. Should have been my sign right there. Vince re-worked the proposal and revised the pricing due to the misunderstanding. The overall price was still out of our budget, so we were presented with a “mystery buffet” option that was $100 cheaper OR an option of the original menu. The mystery buffet conditions were that we would receive a copy of the menu 30 days prior to our wedding and we would need to approve of it to move forward. We received the menu and were presented with some okay options, but also an option that wasn’t even possible due to the shellfish allergy of my husband (which I advised them of on Day #1) – so I’m not even sure why that was included on the menu? We were also told that we could select from the food choices that were included on the very first proposal. All the back & forth just to still let us choose from the first proposal? As the wedding date drew closer, more & more contact needed to be made (scheduling a walk-thru at the venue, discussing set-up, signing a waiver for leftover food, etc). Multiple follow-ups had to be made with Courtney before I could receive an answer on things, which was stressful. We reach the day of the wedding and it went downhill from here. Supposedly, this company was very familiar with my wedding venue and did events there all the time (Historic DeKalb Courthouse). They seemed very unorganized and disheveled – Courtney even became a little rude with one of my wedding coordinators because she was on the phone trying to take care of a parking ticket that they received while working my event (apparently their van wasn’t parked correctly and was blocking a portion of the sidewalk). If this is a venue that you frequent, you should know how/where to park and shouldn’t be getting tickets – nor should you be taking care of them while in the midst of setting up for a wedding. The appearance of the assistants helping with setup was unprofessional and unkempt. The majority of my wedding cake was also thrown in the trash. Why? Good question. When I went looking for cake because I didn’t get any other than the one bite for a photo for cake cutting, I was told by the caterer in a nonchalant way, “Oh, it’s all gone. I threw it away.” Two packages of disposable plates were provided to the caterer for cake. My own cake stand was provided for cake, as well as my own cutting utensils. The cake wasn’t on any of their equipment and the caterer didn’t provide the cake, so why was it thrown out? Not only was the cake thrown out, but my custom cake topper with mine and my husband’s name was thrown out. Of course this was upsetting – still upsetting. I reached out to the owner (Vince) of the catering company 5 days after the wedding – after I’ve had time to cool down a little bit. I spoke with him over the phone and explained my concerns to him. Our conversation started off well – he was understanding of the situation and apologetic. Suddenly though, all of that changed. Vince became very defensive, raised his voice, talked over me a little bit and asked if I knew what our contract said about cake – he advised it said they aren’t responsible for the cake. Okay – so why are you handling the clean-up of it?? They weren’t responsible for the flowers, the DJ, the photographers, etc., so they didn’t help with their clean-up, but let’s handle the cake, right? When I asked Vince why he was being rude and told him that I could’ve easily not addressed this issue with him and could’ve just gone online and wrote a review, he changed again – now back to “I’m sorry if I came off as a jack-a**. How much was your cake? I’m going to mail a check to you for $300. I knew we were going to be in trouble at that wedding. I had a staff meeting with my team on Tuesday and I told them we were understaffed.” I’m sorry, but I don’t have a wedding every day; however, you do run a catering business every day. If you know that you aren’t adequately staffed for an event, then let that be known with the person whose event you’re working for. That was a poor business decision on his part. He referenced me requesting to cut staff to cut down on costs. From a business perspective, if you know that’s not the approach to take and costs can’t be cut, then stand your ground and just say it isn’t feasible – but don’t be greedy for business and then have a sh*t show of a performance for a wedding, because it led to a lot of disappointment and frustration– also a $300 check coming out of the company’s pocket. The $300 gesture was nice, but why did it have to take me feeling like I had to defend my phone call to you and deal with an attitude? The $300 check was generated the following day; however, it wasn’t post-marked until a week after the fact. Weird. I followed up multiple times via email and text for the status of the check– never received a response to my email– and received 2 delayed responses via text from Vince. Would I use them again? Absolutely not.

GHI Catering's reply:

In 30 years of servicing over 3,000 weddings I have responded, at length, to only 2 such client letters or reviews. The first time I did so was to apologize publicly, for the poor performance of my company. This is a very different situation.
    Your review is so full of blatant misrepresentations & outright lies it is difficult to know where to begin. However, I am going to give it a shot.
    -You did not & it is not possible to submit "the same exact information" through our website & Thumbtack.com. I can provide both our questionnaire & the Thumbtack request as proof. Further, in the 270 times we have been hired through Thumbtack, I have said the same thing about not having the precise details to give a detailed quote or proposal with the information provided. You are the first client to take issue with this procedure. Here is a quote from our return message to you when we were first contacted, "Our quotes are based on the information communicated by Thumbtack. Our real goal is to talk through the wedding with you & provide a detailed proposal. It is very hard to know exactly how we can best serve you with the information Thumbtack provides. Would you like to schedule a phone call to discuss menu ideas, service style, & equipment needs? I am happy to work around your schedule."
    -At your direction, your contract literally read, "-Cake service -client not saving any cake and will have their own cutting set". Furthermore, you directed Courtney to cut the entire thing while making a top to bottom gesture to emphasize your intent. When this was pointed out to you, you still insisted, (and continue to insist), that in cutting your entire cake & disposing of the left-overs, we were doing anything other than following your directions. You have also conveniently left out the fact that you found our disposable cake plates to be too expensive, resolved to provide your own, they were never provided to us, & we provided plates at no charge without mentioning it.
    -At your request & beyond the scope of our duties, we provided a detailed diagram for the wedding when your coordinator felt her inexperience with the venue would prevent her from doing so.
    -You arrived an hour late for your tasting. Became perturbed when the tasting scheduled after yours needed to be accommodated, & still received an updated proposal by the end of that evening. You followed that up by not making contact with us for 27 days despite repeated attempts to contact you. (Our catering software logs all client calls, texts, & emails.)
    -We provided cake service at no charge. That too is on your contract. That includes clean-up. The custom topper was placed in the care of your coordinator as is customary.
    -When we spoke after the wedding you said that Courtney & Tony were fantastic, the food was awesome, & that you felt the other staff were lacking. When I asked you how the staff fell short, you agreed that nothing was set incorrectly, all services & equipment were provided on-time & competently but, the demeanor of the other staff was not rude but rather, lacking in enthusiasm.
    -I have multiple emails from you directing us to lower the staffing levels before you were willing to sign a contract. I apologized about staff performance because I should have ignored your direction & sent extra staff beyond what you were willing to pay for. I explained that at length.
    -The lone item you could point to that was set late was the DJ's table & linen neither of which we were responsible for in any way. We are not in the habit of providing or setting work materials for other vendors. (The parking ticket you referenced came about because of the DJ being both late & improperly parked.)
    -Courtney was, at no time, on the phone working on the parking ticket. That assertion is absurd.
    -The "Mystery" buffet option was an attempt on our part to help you reach your budgetary goals. In fact, you were given the exact items you originally chose for $438 less than it was originally quoted. Given your very positive comments on the food after the wedding, I feel as though this was a successful solution to the challenge presented by your financial goals.
    -Lastly, you have very cleverly made it sound as if you did not receive the $300 refund. You did; the check has been cashed. I particularly enjoy the idea that you waited until the check cleared this morning before posting your review as if we might stop payment based on your review.
    -In the end, we are genuinely sorry that your day wasn't all you wanted it to be. That is truly disappointing to me on both a personal & professional level. Happy wedding clients are always the goal. However, I am more sorry that in attempting to accommodate your budgetary challenges, I set my company up to be falsely maligned.