Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 Reviews

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 6
Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 7

Alexis · Married on 11/02/2018

Gettysburg Hotel - Worth every Penny

Compared to other venues pricing and their all inclusive packages, this was definitely the way to go. Also appreciated the acceptance of us being Bride and Bride. Every single time I emailed Megan, which was a lot, or had any questions or changes, she responded immediately and fully and was the epitome of professional and thorough. Every part of our contract was laid out in detail and everything was fully explained and reviewed and Megan also assisted with finer details we hadn't thought of and was a supportive and friendly presence who didn't miss anything. she also was very flexible with her schedule at all times. the hotel had some awesome wedding vendor events and a lot of helpful tools to help us find vendors they have used in the past. we also had a very lovely tasting and tour which sealed the deal for us. The wedding package price also included a cake from an option of two bakers. Megan also taught us how to cut the cake. We went with Karen Rodkey, which was also the best choice, our guests are still gushing about our cake. I am so excited to have the top tier for our anniversary. We received so many compliments on everything, megan is an expert designer (it was beautiful and turned out better than I had envisioned) and has a great team and are very efficient at multi tasking. The cocktail hour and food during the cocktail hour was delicious. We had plated meal options of the citrus and horseradish encrusted salmon (amazing!) and chicken with fontina cream and tomato relish (equally as amazing) and a napoleon polenta as the veggie option. Everyone raved about the food). on point for those with allergies. hotel was very helpful with coordinating our entrances and exits and assisted with set ups. The bridal suite was gorgeous and in close proximity to the ballroom and also complimentary, with a beautiful fire place and jacuzzi tub. The hotel staff brought all our gifts to the room for us without us having to ask as well as took care of decorations and clean up as well. They also had a lovely spread and treats for us in the room for after the wedding for a very personable experience and a keep sake we can't wait to use. Hotel staff were also very helpful with any assistance or request. We love that Gettysburg is now a part of our history and had a great time at the location in the square. Megan and the Gettysburg hotel is the way to go!

Rebecka · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I just got married on 9/8/18 at the Gettysburg Hotel. We had ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in thehotel. We do not have enough good things to say about this venue. When we booked our contract, we started working with April Rose who was extremely helpful and didn't miss a detail. About 8 months before our wedding, April informed us she was leaving and Megan Wherley was taking over for weddings. I was a little nervous, but the transition was seamless. Megan often took time out of her non working hours to talk to us and made sure we were on the same page for everything. As someone who worries, I definitely did not need to. We went with preferred vendors to make our lives easier, and we were extremely pleased with how easily the vendors worked with the hotel to bring life to our dreams. Our wedding day was amazing and guests commented on how well everything was put together and how beautiful the venue was. Although historic, the decoration options to give the space your own flare are endless. The central location of the venue gave our out of town guests an opportunity to explore the historic areas of the town. another advantage is the hotel room block, which makes it easy for guests to book a hotel and not have to worry about more traveling. I would not hesitate to suggest this to any couple who is looking for an all inclusive venue with endless options. Our day was more perfect than we could have imagined, thanks to the Gettysburg Hotel.

Anita · Married on 09/02/2018

I highly recommend Megan and her staff at The Gettysburg Hotel ! She can really give you a stress free wedding experience! Our daughter and new son in law got married at The Lincoln Train Station and had the reception there on Sept. 2, 2018. It was beautiful ! The food , decor and service was outstanding ! I could go on and on about it ! We used many of the recommended vendors and they all were great! We have Beautiful memories that will last forever! Thanks again !

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

It was beautiful and fun! Everyone has kept telling us the wonderful time they had at our wedding! Thanks to the great help of Meghan!

Michael · Married on 08/18/2018

Chuck and Megan were a joy to communicate and work with. The wedding of our daughter was going to be very interesting due to the fact she was away on tour for the three months leading up to the event. My wife acted as the liaison with Megan. I was sure due to these circumstances there would be many dropped details. I was pleasantly surprised how well the wedding and reception went. We have received so much positive feedback from all of the attendees about the location, the food and the overall atmosphere of the venue. Everyone involved was easy and comforting to communicate with, no details went unaddressed. The simplest of questions never went unanswered. Megan guided us through the process and had command of every situation.

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 13

Kieran · Married on 08/18/2018

Such a beautiful and historic venue! I was so happy with my experience here. Megan was great, we had some issues throughout our planning process and she handled them with grace and precision. Whether you were on a phone or had the professional photos done, they all came out looking great. Adding the uplighting really brought out the features of the reception space. Just very happy with how it all turned out and overall a very magical day for us.

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 14
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 15
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 16
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 17

Erik · Married on 08/11/2018

Worth the money. 12345678901234

Anya · Married on 08/05/2018

Megan was amazing to work with! She was friendly, professional and communicated with us every step of the way and made our wedding day so stress-free and magical! I would highly recommend this place, for sure! Plus, it is right in the heart of down town Gettysburg, what's not to love?!

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Meghan, at the Gettysburg must be an angel. She was so wonderful to work with, and continuously calmed an anxious bride. Our wedding, was 100% the wedding of my dreams. The Gettysburg Hotel staff went above and beyond, with both service and kindness. So many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they’d been to. Thank you to Meghan, and the entire staff, for my fairytale wedding!!

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 18

Kathy · Married on 07/21/2018

Raining 2+ inches an hour, thier vows were being exchanged, and as mother of the bride, I wasn’t worried about it thing! Megan at the Gettysburg Hotel was in charge, and I was free to show up at the party of a lifetime, unphased by anything, not even torrential rain.

My husban and I arrived at the Gettysburg hotel, and stepped into the cocktail hour. Drinks were being enjoyed by our closest and dearest family and friends, crisply uniformed servers passed delicious food, the bride and groom, smiling from ear to ear. Over a year of planning and now, this most important event, was running like a top.

As we passed a round table set like spokes in a wheel, warmly lit with candles, place cards and photos of family brides and grooms smiled at us from weddings long ago. And as we stepped into the ballroom, Megan at my side, I couldn’t have been more pleased. The tables were perfectly set, the cake and candy table, a work of art! Megan has skill and an eye for perfection. In my opinion, she has abilities that would be welcome in the finer hotels of NY or DC.

The night went off without a hitch, the ballroom was softly and romantically lit, the food was really good, the servers were on thier game and a young marriage was ushered off to a wonderful beginning.

Thank you to Megan Wherley, Catering and Events Manager at the Gettysburg Hotel, and to the wonderfully competent staff to whom I wish I could name individually.

Timothy · Married on 07/09/2018

Our wedding was Monday July 9th at the Gettysburg hotel and everything was beyond perfect the entire experience was amazing our wedding planner Megan was absolutely fantastic and so great and fun to work with the bridal tasting event they do was a great experience to get to taste and see all the food beforehand was a nice touch the hotel provided us a bridal sweet for the night before and the night of the wedding which was great the food was fantastic everyone told us it was one of the best steaks they ever had the whole staff was amazing the wait staff and even the bartender we had was great and like I said before working with megan was so great she even recommended someone to alter my wife's dress met with us several times and who knows how many phone calls and emails she always made us feel like a priority which was great we very much enjoyed and appreciated everyone at the hotel for all there hard work making out day so very very special would recommend them to anyone looking for a place to have there wedding

Taylor · Married on 04/14/2018

The Gettysburg Hotel ensured that my wedding reception was absolutely perfect. When I asked for the temperature to be turned down they very quickly accommodated me. Everything was perfect and Megan went over all of the details with me to ensure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day. When they allowed me and my husband to go into the ballroom to get a sneak preview it was everything we could have dreamed of. Prior to the big day, they always communicated with me and answered every single one of my questions. I loved the bridal show too because we found a lot of our vendors through this!

Lori · Married on 04/14/2018

My son's wedding was recently held here. It was the best wedding I ever attended, and not just because it was my son's. Everything was top notch and everyone had a great time!! I can't say enough great things about Megan, the wedding planner. Awesome with all of the details!!

Marie · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband and I could not have been any happier with having our wedding reception at the Gettysburg Hotel. When we began the wedding planning process, we were hesitant to visit the Hotel, as it was a bit far from the ceremony. After visiting however, we instantly knew it was the place. Having visited several potential reception locations already, we were blown away by how much was included and taken care of by the Gettysburg Hotel. Their level of assurance in taking care of so many details instantly put me at ease and I knew that it would be much less for me to worry about.I had decided to do a lot of the reception decorations myself and the day before the wedding when I gave everything to Megan and explained my vision for the ballroom, she took that vision and made it look a thousand times more beautiful! The food was perfect and they were wonderful with working through dietary needs and even personal preferences from some of the guests. They provided a cake from Karen Rodkey Cakes that was both beautifully designed and delicious. Finally, they thought of little things, like having cake, a bottle of champagne and a selection of food up in our honeymoon suite for the end of the time. Our reception could not have run more seamlessly and I know that it was due to Megan and the rest of her staff's impeccable behind-the-scene coordination. I would strongly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel for any couple that wants a beautiful, memorable, stress-free experience for a great value.

Jill · Married on 10/20/2017

We cannot express enough how grateful we are for the well-organized and beautiful wedding ceremony/reception we had at the Gettysburg Hotel. The day was absolutely perfect! We had a wonderful time and none of it would have been possible without the talented and attentive Gettysburg Hotel catering and events team/staff. April, our Catering & Events Manager, was fantastic and a true gem. She was professional, personable and always responsive to all our questions. She was meticulously detailed in every aspect, extremely flexible to meet our ever changing needs and a tremendous help in working within our budget. We highly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel for your wedding venue. You will not be disappointed!

• Deanna

Deanna · Married on 09/23/2017

With all the build up and pressure of planning your wedding, the right venue and coordinator can truly make all the difference. I am so beyond thankful that we got to work with the Gettysburg Hotel and April. The hotel itself is beautiful, and can accommodate weddings of all sizes. They even helped organize and set up our ceremony at the train station next door! We were able to have almost all of our out of town guests stay upstairs which made for a really comfortable trip for our friends and family. April made sure everything ran smoothly. I am a perfectionist and she met my very high expectations. Being so on top of everything, I felt that I could really trust her and it allowed me to relax. The little details were all taken care of and April did not miss a beat. When I did have questions or concerns, she was super responsive and even took care of a few last minute errands for me. I cannot reiterate enough how happy we are with our wedding, our venue, and especially the Hotel's wedding coordinator April. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!

Robert · Married on 08/05/2017

My son and his lovely bride (I'm FOTG) trusted their wedding to the Gettysburg Hotel. We could not be more pleased! The wedding planner, April, was organized, professional, personable, flexible, and has lots of experience helping couples and families with their weddings. She knew how important this special event was for our kids and did everything possible to make things run smoothly. She was "everywhere" on both rehearsal night and the wedding day! April is certainly one of the biggest plusses for this venue.

As FOTG, we decided to have our rehearsal dinner in the hotel because everything would be in one place and easy for our guests from out of town. The food was excellent (crab cake - yum, and a chicken dish), Everyone raved about the meal. The hotel provided a projection device - free of charge for a presentation!

The "One Lincoln" bar and restaurant offer a cozy spot for post event meet ups. The bar and wait staff there are excellent and aim to please. On rehearsal night and wedding night many of the event guests wound up at One Lincoln to keep the party going!

The hotel is really neat. Owned by Gettysburg College, is is circa 1797. It has been modernized and rooms are elegant and BIG! Located on the square there are many restaurants and bars within walking. The battle field and visitor center are also close by.

The wedding venue is a neat bank that was purchased and repurposed for special events. We had 150+ guests but could hold more if necessary. Large dance floor. Great food - wedding was a buffet. Worked with us to personalize and save money. Wedding and reception held in same room...cocktails/appetizers in large outer lobby while staff quickly rearranged a part of the banquet facility. Excellent once again.

Elegant, fair price, great service, awesome coordinator, neat venue, very nice accommodations - nothing but praise from attendees. You can't miss here! Dollar amount is for rehearsal dinner with open bar.

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2017

I honestly can’t say enough amazing things about our wedding at the Gettysburg Hotel and working with April Rose. We had a lot of big ideas and wants for our big day and I can honestly say they delivered on everything. We held our cocktail hour at the Gettysburg Lincoln Railroad Station and the Reception in the Ballroom. Everything from the service to the food was more than we could have ever hoped for. We also had a ton of out-of-town guests and ended up taking up almost half the rooms at the hotel and it was so convenient having everyone stay right where the event happened. People also raved about the hotel and loved being right downtown. Working with the hotel and specifically April was such a smooth process and we could not have been happier with how it all turned out. We would HIGHLY recommend the Gettysburg Hotel to anyone looking for an incredible venue. We can assure you you will not regret it!

Libby · Married on 07/15/2017

I had my wedding reception at the Gettysburg Hotel on 7/15/17 and couldn’t possibly be happier with my choice. The ballroom (with a VAULT!) is lovely, and the staff does an amazing job at taking all the stress out and leaving the fun. April Rose was incredibly helpful while my husband and I jointly planned a long-distance wedding from Alaska and Hawaii!

Aside from the quality of the location itself, the best part about the Gettysburg Hotel is that this is a one-stop-shop that handles as many or as few of the details as you'd like. It was nice not to have to coordinate a cake and a caterer and everything else in between. And the cake package was phenomenal -- Karen Rodkey's cake was divine. The groom and I received numerous compliments from a very discerning DC crowd who were all very impressed at the service.

Chelsea · Married on 07/08/2017

My husband and I had our wedding this past July. When we first started planning our wedding, we had an idea of what we wanted but just could not find it. That was until we went to the Gettysburg Hotel. From the moment we walked in the door, just to view it, we were blown away with how professional, caring and wonderful this hotel truly is. We knew that day that we could not possibly have our wedding anywhere else. I knew from the moment I met Megan and then April, that I could trust them to make sure our wedding day was perfect. And from someone who is naturally a perfectionist that was a HUGE deal. Not only, did April accommodate all of our requests but helped plan every step of the way. She made sure of wedding day went perfectly!! We can never thank her enough for how truly wonderful she is and how special she made us feel.

The hotel itself is gorgeous and right in the center of Gettysburg. My husband and I were going for a vintage, elegant theme and could not have found anything more perfect. The staff is friendly and at the top of their game. The food is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Our wedding day was worth every penny!! We would not change one thing about our wedding day and the 5 star service The Gettysburg Hotel provided every step of the way. Though, it has been months since our wedding, we are still hearing that our wedding was the best wedding any of our guests have EVER been to!!

From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank April and The Gettysburg Hotel enough for everything!! If you are looking for an incredible venue that will blow both you and your guests away, The Gettysburg Hotel is for you. We cannot recommend them enough!!!!!

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 19
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 24
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 25
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 26

Lori · Married on 06/28/2017

I had my wedding reception at the Gettysburg Lincoln Railroad Station on 6/28/2017 catered by the Gettysburg Hotel. First a little background, we are in our 60s, and this is our first marriage. We have been together many years. So we really weren't into the fanfare, we were looking for a great experience for our guests and the opportunity to share this really joyous time---- no photographer and no big center pieces etc. I brought some fresh flowers which the wedding planner made into beautiful center pieces, and the wedding planner took photos (knowing I would want some later). The wait staff was WONDERFUL the food was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Thank you, thank you Gettysburg Hotel for making this event SO JOYOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Miranda · Married on 05/06/2017

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Gettysburg Hotel on 5/6/17 and couldn’t possibly be happier with my experience. The beauty of this historic venue is the perfect setting for a wedding, and the staff does an amazing job at making sure your day is as seamless and carefree as possible. From the beginning, the Hotel staff led by April Rose makes sure to arrange a package that fits your budget and vision for your day. A deciding factor in us choosing this venue was the fact that we could do both the ceremony and reception at the same venue, making it more convenient for guests, and eliminating some issues with coordination. After booking, April is there to answer all of your questions and make recommendations. In my opinion, the best part about the Gettysburg Hotel, is that this is a one-stop-shop that handles all of the details, leaving you (the bride and groom) to enjoy the day. April and her team set up all of my decorations perfectly, exactly as I had asked, and at the end of the night packaged everything with care so that the next day all I had to do was pick up the boxes. During the ceremony and reception itself, April and your designated wedding maître d’ expertly coordinate everything, making sure the events flow effortlessly and seeing to it that you are always happy, with drinks in hand and the food you need. I received numerous compliments during and after the wedding about not only the gorgeous venue of the Grand Ballroom, but also the high level of service provided from all of the staff including servers, the bartender, and everyone in between. Plus, quite importantly, the food and drinks were all outstanding. The attention to detail of everyone involved with each element is impressive. I could go on and on, but ultimately the Gettysburg Hotel understands that time and stress involved with planning a wedding, and what they do is take that stress off, ensuring that you have a beautiful, stress-free wedding day that is exactly what YOU want.

Janae · Married on 04/30/2017

We had our wedding and reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Gettysburg Hotel in April of 2017. We were engaged in December of 2016 and had little time to plan and finalize all of our details. In the few short months that we had, working with April made those months very enjoyable and stress free. The vendor recommendations she had were great, the accommodations provide by both April and the hotel for planning our wedding and reception were exceptional down to the detail. As a bride, I cannot express my gratitude enough for everything the hotel and April did for us. It will be a day we will forever remember with joy and happiness. So much so we plan to come back for our 5 year anniversary to stay at the hotel and tour additional spots that we were recommended by the Gettysburg Hotel staff.

Jocelyn · Married on 03/31/2017

We had a wonderful wedding and would refer them to any couple looking for a venue. I would have been lost without April Rose. She was a huge help along the way. It was a magical evening and the Gettysburg Hotel was a huge part of that.