205 Reviews for Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797

Cake (3)
Event Rentals (3)
Limited Bar (2)
Specialty Beer (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Centerpieces (1)
205 Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 Reviews

My husband and I just got married on 9/8/18 at the Gettysburg Hotel. We had ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in thehotel. We do not have enough good things to say about this venue. When we booked our contract, we started working with April Rose who was extremely helpful and didn't miss a detail. About 8 months before our wedding, April informed us she was leaving and Megan Wherley was taking over for weddings. I was a little nervous, but the transition was seamless. Megan often took time out of her non working hours to talk to us and made sure we were on the same page for everything. As someone who worries, I definitely did not need to. We went with preferred vendors to make our lives easier, and we were extremely pleased with how easily the vendors worked with the hotel to bring life to our dreams. Our wedding day was amazing and guests commented on how well everything was put together and how beautiful the venue was. Although historic, the decoration options to give the space your own flare are endless. The central location of the venue gave our out of town guests an opportunity to explore the historic areas of the town. another advantage is the hotel room block, which makes it easy for guests to book a hotel and not have to worry about more traveling. I would not hesitate to suggest this to any couple who is looking for an all inclusive venue with endless options. Our day was more perfect than we could have imagined, thanks to the Gettysburg Hotel.

Profile Picture Rebecka, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

I highly recommend Megan and her staff at The Gettysburg Hotel ! She can really give you a stress free wedding experience! Our daughter and new son in law got married at The Lincoln Train Station and had the reception there on Sept. 2, 2018. It was beautiful ! The food , decor and service was outstanding ! I could go on and on about it ! We used many of the recommended vendors and they all were great! We have Beautiful memories that will last forever! Thanks again !

Profile Picture Anita, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It was beautiful and fun! Everyone has kept telling us the wonderful time they had at our wedding! Thanks to the great help of Meghan!

Profile Picture Amanda , 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Chuck and Megan were a joy to communicate and work with. The wedding of our daughter was going to be very interesting due to the fact she was away on tour for the three months leading up to the event. My wife acted as the liaison with Megan. I was sure due to these circumstances there would be many dropped details. I was pleasantly surprised how well the wedding and reception went. We have received so much positive feedback from all of the attendees about the location, the food and the overall atmosphere of the venue. Everyone involved was easy and comforting to communicate with, no details went unaddressed. The simplest of questions never went unanswered. Megan guided us through the process and had command of every situation.

Profile Picture Michael, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Such a beautiful and historic venue! I was so happy with my experience here. Megan was great, we had some issues throughout our planning process and she handled them with grace and precision. Whether you were on a phone or had the professional photos done, they all came out looking great. Adding the uplighting really brought out the features of the reception space. Just very happy with how it all turned out and overall a very magical day for us.

Profile Picture Kieran, 8/18/18, 1 Review

*Highly recommended
*Low cost for VERY high quality
*Everything was included in the price. We made a few table decorations, but the hotel planned and implemented the rest. This allowed us to enjoy the process with no stress.
*Everyone was easy to work with.
*The food was fabulous.
*We had no complaints from any guests; many guests said this was best wedding they had attended!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/18/18, 1 Review

Worth the money. 12345678901234

Profile Picture Erik, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Megan was amazing to work with! She was friendly, professional and communicated with us every step of the way and made our wedding day so stress-free and magical! I would highly recommend this place, for sure! Plus, it is right in the heart of down town Gettysburg, what's not to love?!

Profile Picture Anya, 8/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

My husband and I loved every aspect of our wedding at the Gettysburg Hotel, and Megan (the wedding coordinator at the hotel) is such a pleasure to work with. We had our ceremony at the historic Lincoln-Gettysburg Railroad Station and reception inside the ballroom. If you are looking for something unique, historic and place for your guests to make your wedding into a weekend getaway, the Gettysburg Hotel is the place to book your wedding. Both the railroad station and ballroom have plenty of character alone, or you can add your own unique touches to meet the couples’ personalities. Megan is professional, cares about each couple and makes sure everything that you envisioned for your wedding day is accomplished. Megan and the hotel staff go above and beyond! Our gifts were brought up the bridal suite, along with slices of the wedding cake, champagne and glasses, and a spread of fruit, cheeses and crackers. The food is delicious with a variety of options. We requested a duet chicken and beef platter, which was not listed as a standard option, but the chef was willing to accommodate our request. He also accommodated for our guests who had food allergies, and even made a special dinner for two guests. We attended the fall expo at the hotel, which allowed us to sample the food and meet with some of the local vendors. This helped us in choosing the florist, officiant and cake. I would also like to make a plug for Karen Rodkey cakes...she makes AMAZING cakes. We made an appointment to sample her cakes at her bakery, which was my husband’s favorite experience of the entire wedding planning process. So many of our guests raved about the wedding cake. The hotel and town of Gettysburg are charming, provides plenty of photo opportunities, as well as offers attractions for your guests. You will love your wedding at the Gettysburg Hotel!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Meghan, at the Gettysburg must be an angel. She was so wonderful to work with, and continuously calmed an anxious bride. Our wedding, was 100% the wedding of my dreams. The Gettysburg Hotel staff went above and beyond, with both service and kindness. So many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they’d been to. Thank you to Meghan, and the entire staff, for my fairytale wedding!!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Raining 2+ inches an hour, thier vows were being exchanged, and as mother of the bride, I wasn’t worried about it thing! Megan at the Gettysburg Hotel was in charge, and I was free to show up at the party of a lifetime, unphased by anything, not even torrential rain.

My husban and I arrived at the Gettysburg hotel, and stepped into the cocktail hour. Drinks were being enjoyed by our closest and dearest family and friends, crisply uniformed servers passed delicious food, the bride and groom, smiling from ear to ear. Over a year of planning and now, this most important event, was running like a top.

As we passed a round table set like spokes in a wheel, warmly lit with candles, place cards and photos of family brides and grooms smiled at us from weddings long ago. And as we stepped into the ballroom, Megan at my side, I couldn’t have been more pleased. The tables were perfectly set, the cake and candy table, a work of art! Megan has skill and an eye for perfection. In my opinion, she has abilities that would be welcome in the finer hotels of NY or DC.

The night went off without a hitch, the ballroom was softly and romantically lit, the food was really good, the servers were on thier game and a young marriage was ushered off to a wonderful beginning.

Thank you to Megan Wherley, Catering and Events Manager at the Gettysburg Hotel, and to the wonderfully competent staff to whom I wish I could name individually.

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was Monday July 9th at the Gettysburg hotel and everything was beyond perfect the entire experience was amazing our wedding planner Megan was absolutely fantastic and so great and fun to work with the bridal tasting event they do was a great experience to get to taste and see all the food beforehand was a nice touch the hotel provided us a bridal sweet for the night before and the night of the wedding which was great the food was fantastic everyone told us it was one of the best steaks they ever had the whole staff was amazing the wait staff and even the bartender we had was great and like I said before working with megan was so great she even recommended someone to alter my wife's dress met with us several times and who knows how many phone calls and emails she always made us feel like a priority which was great we very much enjoyed and appreciated everyone at the hotel for all there hard work making out day so very very special would recommend them to anyone looking for a place to have there wedding

Profile Picture Timothy, 7/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Working with Megan from start to finish was fantastic. Friday night was perfect at the Lincoln Train Station , Coxktail hour delightful , bartender at reception was excellent . The only concern was quests were not informed how to navigate stations and Champagne was poor and taken from quests before they were given a chance to drink . Table staff were not as skilled or professional as we expected .

Profile Picture Robin, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Gettysburg Hotel was extremely accommodating to the wedding party and guests. The location is in the heart of this historic town. The venue was perfect for the theme of the wedding. The staff was very responsive and professional. Megan and her team were proactive and therefore everything went according to plan. Highly recommend this venue.

Photo for Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 Review - Cocktail hour
Photos
Photo for Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 Review - Historic train station welcome dinner.
Profile Picture Joe, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
4.1

Overall we enjoyed the experience. The wedding coordinator helped me whenever I need it. The only bad thing I can say was, look at your contract carefully. But I was very pleased and stress free on the wedding day

Profile Picture Robin, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My son's wedding was recently held here. It was the best wedding I ever attended, and not just because it was my son's. Everything was top notch and everyone had a great time!! I can't say enough great things about Megan, the wedding planner. Awesome with all of the details!!

Profile Picture Lori, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Gettysburg Hotel ensured that my wedding reception was absolutely perfect. When I asked for the temperature to be turned down they very quickly accommodated me. Everything was perfect and Megan went over all of the details with me to ensure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day. When they allowed me and my husband to go into the ballroom to get a sneak preview it was everything we could have dreamed of. Prior to the big day, they always communicated with me and answered every single one of my questions. I loved the bridal show too because we found a lot of our vendors through this!

Profile Picture Taylor, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)
4.7

My husband and I had an excellent experience having our reception at the Gettysburg Hotel. They do an amazing job taking care of all the details and set-up for you, while still letting you take as much lead as you want on decision making and creativity so that the wedding is truly yours. It was as close to effortless as it could be while still feeling like it was "ours". We had lots of positive comments from guests about the food and the hotel was extremely accommodating with special food requests and dietary needs.

The hotel actually had a staff change in the events manager role while we were planning...of course that's never what you want to hear, but both of the ladies were wonderful and they did an extremely thorough and professional hand-off so that the care we got was seamless. One slight opportunity for improvement was advanced communication with the maître d' for the evening, who was helpful, but had some details confused.

Photo
Profile Picture Meg, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I could not have been any happier with having our wedding reception at the Gettysburg Hotel. When we began the wedding planning process, we were hesitant to visit the Hotel, as it was a bit far from the ceremony. After visiting however, we instantly knew it was the place. Having visited several potential reception locations already, we were blown away by how much was included and taken care of by the Gettysburg Hotel. Their level of assurance in taking care of so many details instantly put me at ease and I knew that it would be much less for me to worry about.I had decided to do a lot of the reception decorations myself and the day before the wedding when I gave everything to Megan and explained my vision for the ballroom, she took that vision and made it look a thousand times more beautiful! The food was perfect and they were wonderful with working through dietary needs and even personal preferences from some of the guests. They provided a cake from Karen Rodkey Cakes that was both beautifully designed and delicious. Finally, they thought of little things, like having cake, a bottle of champagne and a selection of food up in our honeymoon suite for the end of the time. Our reception could not have run more seamlessly and I know that it was due to Megan and the rest of her staff's impeccable behind-the-scene coordination. I would strongly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel for any couple that wants a beautiful, memorable, stress-free experience for a great value.

Profile Picture Marie, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We cannot express enough how grateful we are for the well-organized and beautiful wedding ceremony/reception we had at the Gettysburg Hotel. The day was absolutely perfect! We had a wonderful time and none of it would have been possible without the talented and attentive Gettysburg Hotel catering and events team/staff. April, our Catering & Events Manager, was fantastic and a true gem. She was professional, personable and always responsive to all our questions. She was meticulously detailed in every aspect, extremely flexible to meet our ever changing needs and a tremendous help in working within our budget. We highly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel for your wedding venue. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

With all the build up and pressure of planning your wedding, the right venue and coordinator can truly make all the difference. I am so beyond thankful that we got to work with the Gettysburg Hotel and April. The hotel itself is beautiful, and can accommodate weddings of all sizes. They even helped organize and set up our ceremony at the train station next door! We were able to have almost all of our out of town guests stay upstairs which made for a really comfortable trip for our friends and family. April made sure everything ran smoothly. I am a perfectionist and she met my very high expectations. Being so on top of everything, I felt that I could really trust her and it allowed me to relax. The little details were all taken care of and April did not miss a beat. When I did have questions or concerns, she was super responsive and even took care of a few last minute errands for me. I cannot reiterate enough how happy we are with our wedding, our venue, and especially the Hotel's wedding coordinator April. Do yourself a favor and book this venue!

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Covered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar

My son and his lovely bride (I'm FOTG) trusted their wedding to the Gettysburg Hotel. We could not be more pleased! The wedding planner, April, was organized, professional, personable, flexible, and has lots of experience helping couples and families with their weddings. She knew how important this special event was for our kids and did everything possible to make things run smoothly. She was "everywhere" on both rehearsal night and the wedding day! April is certainly one of the biggest plusses for this venue.

As FOTG, we decided to have our rehearsal dinner in the hotel because everything would be in one place and easy for our guests from out of town. The food was excellent (crab cake - yum, and a chicken dish), Everyone raved about the meal. The hotel provided a projection device - free of charge for a presentation!

The "One Lincoln" bar and restaurant offer a cozy spot for post event meet ups. The bar and wait staff there are excellent and aim to please. On rehearsal night and wedding night many of the event guests wound up at One Lincoln to keep the party going!

The hotel is really neat. Owned by Gettysburg College, is is circa 1797. It has been modernized and rooms are elegant and BIG! Located on the square there are many restaurants and bars within walking. The battle field and visitor center are also close by.

The wedding venue is a neat bank that was purchased and repurposed for special events. We had 150+ guests but could hold more if necessary. Large dance floor. Great food - wedding was a buffet. Worked with us to personalize and save money. Wedding and reception held in same room...cocktails/appetizers in large outer lobby while staff quickly rearranged a part of the banquet facility. Excellent once again.

Elegant, fair price, great service, awesome coordinator, neat venue, very nice accommodations - nothing but praise from attendees. You can't miss here! Dollar amount is for rehearsal dinner with open bar.

Profile Picture Robert, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

I honestly can’t say enough amazing things about our wedding at the Gettysburg Hotel and working with April Rose. We had a lot of big ideas and wants for our big day and I can honestly say they delivered on everything. We held our cocktail hour at the Gettysburg Lincoln Railroad Station and the Reception in the Ballroom. Everything from the service to the food was more than we could have ever hoped for. We also had a ton of out-of-town guests and ended up taking up almost half the rooms at the hotel and it was so convenient having everyone stay right where the event happened. People also raved about the hotel and loved being right downtown. Working with the hotel and specifically April was such a smooth process and we could not have been happier with how it all turned out. We would HIGHLY recommend the Gettysburg Hotel to anyone looking for an incredible venue. We can assure you you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Kristen, 7/29/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I had my wedding reception at the Gettysburg Hotel on 7/15/17 and couldn’t possibly be happier with my choice. The ballroom (with a VAULT!) is lovely, and the staff does an amazing job at taking all the stress out and leaving the fun. April Rose was incredibly helpful while my husband and I jointly planned a long-distance wedding from Alaska and Hawaii!

Aside from the quality of the location itself, the best part about the Gettysburg Hotel is that this is a one-stop-shop that handles as many or as few of the details as you'd like. It was nice not to have to coordinate a cake and a caterer and everything else in between. And the cake package was phenomenal -- Karen Rodkey's cake was divine. The groom and I received numerous compliments from a very discerning DC crowd who were all very impressed at the service.

Profile Picture Libby, 7/15/17, 1 Review