Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 Reviews

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 6
Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 7

Paige · Married on 06/28/2019

Professional, Polite, Perfect

The Gettysburg Hotel was an amazing place for us to have our wedding. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. All requests we put in, were answered. Megan made sure everything went smoothly and listened to what we said we wanted. The food was wonderful too.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Brigette

Brigette Allen · Married on 06/15/2019

Experience was Above and Beyond

I would absolutely recommend the Gettysburg Hotel as a wedding venue. Their customer service and the experience they provide their couples is above and beyond any other venue we looked at. We worked with Megan at the Hotel and she made sure every aspect of our bid day ran smoothly. From decorating to managing the day-of logistics, she was incredibly helpful. She went above the call of duty and even helped me fix my dress when the bustle broke. The Hotel gives you the best experience on your wedding day, one where you don't have to worry about anything but enjoying and celebrating the moment.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Ashley Care · Married on 06/08/2019

Experience of a lifetime

My husband and I had the most spectacular and stress-free wedding day at the Gettysburg Hotel. It all started with the amazing professionalism and organizational skills from Megan Wherley. Starting early on in the planning process, she was so attentive to details and so helpful with any and all questions I had regarding the day. Megan and her staff were so easy to work with, so it made my job that much easier. I knew if Megan said she was going to take care of something, it would get done efficiently.

Megan was very in tune with my vision (which, by the way, was not very detailed) and she hit the nail on the head with the decor even with the little information I gave her. If you're unsure, just tell Megan to use her best judgement! It was also so helpful not to have to worry about my decor; I dropped it off the day before and it was all set up and taken down by the staff and organized for me to easily pack in my car the day after the wedding.

The wedding day itself was perfect. Megan helped coordinate our ceremony at the Train Station and made sure everything ran organized, smoothly and on time.

The dinner options were spectacular. The chef was also able to accommodate my guest with a food allergy. I remember looking at the food on the buffet table and knowing that my guests would not leave hungry! We used Jennifer from Main Street Sweets for our cupcakes and they were DELICIOUS! The details on the cupcakes were exactly what we had hoped for and our guests couldn't give enough compliments about the flavors.

Megan and her staff were so attentive to not only mine and my husband's needs during the reception, but also made sure our families and guests got the royal treatment as well. All of our guests complimented on the politeness and service of the staff during dinner and the reception.

At the end of the night, there were nice treats in our room to welcome us in for the evening, along with any presents that we received that night.

I cannot write enough about how amazing our ENTIRE experience was with the Gettysburg Hotel. It was truly a day that will NEVER be forgotten by us or our families and guests. I'd go through the wedding planning process and get married all over again!! Don't hesitate to contact Megan to enjoy the same great service!

• Mpasick3

Mpasick3@yahoo.com · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing Experience

Having a destination wedding, my biggest concern was how difficult it would be to plan everything from five hours away. Megan Wherley and the team at the Gettysburg Hotel quickly put my mind at ease. They could not have made the process easier! The communication with Megan was timely and thorough. She was dedicated to making sure our day was special and flawless. Not only did she work with us well, she built relationships with our vendors to ensure everything and everyone was where it needed to be. The venue itself was fantastic. We loved the historic element of the train station and reception hall (an old bank that still has the vault in the back). It made for some excellent pictures. Additionally, the building was well maintained and the hotel rooms were very comfortable. Honestly, I could not think of one thing we would have changed. Thanks to Megan, our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives.

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 22

Melissa Green · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful Intimate Brunch Reception

We had a small (approximately 40 guest) brunch reception at the Gettysburg Hotel in May 2019. The Hotel was able to accommodate our wedding on very short notice (about 3 months!) and bent over backwards to make our day as spectacular as it could be. From start to finish, every detail was attended to, from the napkin fold to the dismissal of guests to the brunch buffet. The Gettysburg Hotel is also extremely attentive to guests with food allergies or special diets, such as vegetarians. Megan, the Catering and Events Manager, was AMAZING! About a month before our wedding, they held a tasting for weddings and each bride-to-be went home with a door prize and had the ability to sample the different menu options. Megan handled everything for us and was so accommodating of all of our wishes. Since we had to leave immediately from the reception, the Hotel helped us to pack up our gifts and sent us away with some treats for the road. Overall, the Ballroom Venue was stunning, the Vault in the Ballroom was a hit, the food was AMAZING, and the staff were incredible. We could not have been happier with our day and our family members still keep raving to us that "That was the BEST wedding we have ever attended!"

Kelsey Young · Married on 05/03/2019

Wonderful and Helpful

My husband and I had a perfect wedding, stress free wedding day. I contribute this to Megan and her staff at The Gettysburg Hotel. When my husband and I started touring venues, we decided to visit the Gettysburg Hotel as a higher scale, upper end choice. Quickly my husband fell in love with the venue. The historical ballroom, the vault and location. I appreciated all the extras that the hotel offered with their package. I travel for my work and I knew that would cut into planning time. The hotel took care of a lot of the planning, the set-up, the tear down and clean up; for not just me and my husband but our wedding party and our families as well. We met with Megan about a month before the event to discuss our vision for the wedding, show her some of our decorations and talk about the timeline of the day. After we dropped off our décor to the venue prior to the event, I did not have to worry about a thing concerning the venue until the next day. Megan was so in tune with our vision that when we saw the decorations it was obvious she put as much thought and care into my wedding as we had. What really sold us on the Gettysburg Hotel was one of the tastings we went to. The food was amazing at the wedding. We had chef create a pesto potato that our guests were running around trying to see who had not eaten theirs yet! The Hotel works with two bakers and gives their wedding couples a cake stipend. We worked with Jennifer at Main Street Sweets. Her cupcakes were delightful! She allowed us 4 different cupcakes, a cake to cut, an anniversary cake, and a few gluten free cupcakes for my guests with that restriction. At the end of the night we had a bottle of champagne, two flutes and some fruit and our deserts waiting for us up in our room. This review cannot even begin to touch the gratitude I feel. My wedding was nothing short than wonderful. If you want the same, make an appointment and go talk to Megan.

Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 23

Rashell · Married on 03/30/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better venue!

I fell in love with the venue and knew it was where I wanted to get married, but working with Megan made everything better! Gettysburg Hotel helps you every step of the way while planning your wedding with multiple food tasting opportunities, showing what the table settings might look like, and walking through everything with you so there's no stress. My guests all loved the place and everything was perfect!

Kelly Bartos · Married on 01/20/2019

It was a great experience and everything came together with ease on the big day.

Monica Eckman · Married on 12/29/2018

Simply outstanding!

Our experience using the Gettysburg Hotel was simply outstanding. From the initial stages of the process all the way to the actual wedding day, everything was done with excellence and in a timely manner. Megan was very responsive and super attentive to our needs and preferences. The Gettysburg Hotel is sure the way to go!

Sent on 07/13/2019
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 24
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 25

Reagan Gauer · Married on 12/28/2018

Spectacular

My Christmas wedding was a dream come true at the beautiful and historical Gettysburg Hotel.

Alexis · Married on 11/02/2018

Gettysburg Hotel - Worth every Penny

Compared to other venues pricing and their all inclusive packages, this was definitely the way to go. Also appreciated the acceptance of us being Bride and Bride. Every single time I emailed Megan, which was a lot, or had any questions or changes, she responded immediately and fully and was the epitome of professional and thorough. Every part of our contract was laid out in detail and everything was fully explained and reviewed and Megan also assisted with finer details we hadn't thought of and was a supportive and friendly presence who didn't miss anything. she also was very flexible with her schedule at all times. the hotel had some awesome wedding vendor events and a lot of helpful tools to help us find vendors they have used in the past. we also had a very lovely tasting and tour which sealed the deal for us. The wedding package price also included a cake from an option of two bakers. Megan also taught us how to cut the cake. We went with Karen Rodkey, which was also the best choice, our guests are still gushing about our cake. I am so excited to have the top tier for our anniversary. We received so many compliments on everything, megan is an expert designer (it was beautiful and turned out better than I had envisioned) and has a great team and are very efficient at multi tasking. The cocktail hour and food during the cocktail hour was delicious. We had plated meal options of the citrus and horseradish encrusted salmon (amazing!) and chicken with fontina cream and tomato relish (equally as amazing) and a napoleon polenta as the veggie option. Everyone raved about the food). on point for those with allergies. hotel was very helpful with coordinating our entrances and exits and assisted with set ups. The bridal suite was gorgeous and in close proximity to the ballroom and also complimentary, with a beautiful fire place and jacuzzi tub. The hotel staff brought all our gifts to the room for us without us having to ask as well as took care of decorations and clean up as well. They also had a lovely spread and treats for us in the room for after the wedding for a very personable experience and a keep sake we can't wait to use. Hotel staff were also very helpful with any assistance or request. We love that Gettysburg is now a part of our history and had a great time at the location in the square. Megan and the Gettysburg hotel is the way to go!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Rebecka · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I just got married on 9/8/18 at the Gettysburg Hotel. We had ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in thehotel. We do not have enough good things to say about this venue. When we booked our contract, we started working with April Rose who was extremely helpful and didn't miss a detail. About 8 months before our wedding, April informed us she was leaving and Megan Wherley was taking over for weddings. I was a little nervous, but the transition was seamless. Megan often took time out of her non working hours to talk to us and made sure we were on the same page for everything. As someone who worries, I definitely did not need to. We went with preferred vendors to make our lives easier, and we were extremely pleased with how easily the vendors worked with the hotel to bring life to our dreams. Our wedding day was amazing and guests commented on how well everything was put together and how beautiful the venue was. Although historic, the decoration options to give the space your own flare are endless. The central location of the venue gave our out of town guests an opportunity to explore the historic areas of the town. another advantage is the hotel room block, which makes it easy for guests to book a hotel and not have to worry about more traveling. I would not hesitate to suggest this to any couple who is looking for an all inclusive venue with endless options. Our day was more perfect than we could have imagined, thanks to the Gettysburg Hotel.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Anita · Married on 09/02/2018

I highly recommend Megan and her staff at The Gettysburg Hotel ! She can really give you a stress free wedding experience! Our daughter and new son in law got married at The Lincoln Train Station and had the reception there on Sept. 2, 2018. It was beautiful ! The food , decor and service was outstanding ! I could go on and on about it ! We used many of the recommended vendors and they all were great! We have Beautiful memories that will last forever! Thanks again !

Sent on 09/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

It was beautiful and fun! Everyone has kept telling us the wonderful time they had at our wedding! Thanks to the great help of Meghan!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Michael · Married on 08/18/2018

Chuck and Megan were a joy to communicate and work with. The wedding of our daughter was going to be very interesting due to the fact she was away on tour for the three months leading up to the event. My wife acted as the liaison with Megan. I was sure due to these circumstances there would be many dropped details. I was pleasantly surprised how well the wedding and reception went. We have received so much positive feedback from all of the attendees about the location, the food and the overall atmosphere of the venue. Everyone involved was easy and comforting to communicate with, no details went unaddressed. The simplest of questions never went unanswered. Megan guided us through the process and had command of every situation.

Sent on 09/19/2018
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 26

Kieran · Married on 08/18/2018

Such a beautiful and historic venue! I was so happy with my experience here. Megan was great, we had some issues throughout our planning process and she handled them with grace and precision. Whether you were on a phone or had the professional photos done, they all came out looking great. Adding the uplighting really brought out the features of the reception space. Just very happy with how it all turned out and overall a very magical day for us.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Erik · Married on 08/11/2018

Worth the money. 12345678901234

Sent on 09/19/2018

Anya · Married on 08/05/2018

Megan was amazing to work with! She was friendly, professional and communicated with us every step of the way and made our wedding day so stress-free and magical! I would highly recommend this place, for sure! Plus, it is right in the heart of down town Gettysburg, what's not to love?!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Meghan, at the Gettysburg must be an angel. She was so wonderful to work with, and continuously calmed an anxious bride. Our wedding, was 100% the wedding of my dreams. The Gettysburg Hotel staff went above and beyond, with both service and kindness. So many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they’d been to. Thank you to Meghan, and the entire staff, for my fairytale wedding!!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 31

Kathy · Married on 07/21/2018

Raining 2+ inches an hour, thier vows were being exchanged, and as mother of the bride, I wasn’t worried about it thing! Megan at the Gettysburg Hotel was in charge, and I was free to show up at the party of a lifetime, unphased by anything, not even torrential rain.

My husban and I arrived at the Gettysburg hotel, and stepped into the cocktail hour. Drinks were being enjoyed by our closest and dearest family and friends, crisply uniformed servers passed delicious food, the bride and groom, smiling from ear to ear. Over a year of planning and now, this most important event, was running like a top.

As we passed a round table set like spokes in a wheel, warmly lit with candles, place cards and photos of family brides and grooms smiled at us from weddings long ago. And as we stepped into the ballroom, Megan at my side, I couldn’t have been more pleased. The tables were perfectly set, the cake and candy table, a work of art! Megan has skill and an eye for perfection. In my opinion, she has abilities that would be welcome in the finer hotels of NY or DC.

The night went off without a hitch, the ballroom was softly and romantically lit, the food was really good, the servers were on thier game and a young marriage was ushered off to a wonderful beginning.

Thank you to Megan Wherley, Catering and Events Manager at the Gettysburg Hotel, and to the wonderfully competent staff to whom I wish I could name individually.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Timothy · Married on 07/09/2018

Our wedding was Monday July 9th at the Gettysburg hotel and everything was beyond perfect the entire experience was amazing our wedding planner Megan was absolutely fantastic and so great and fun to work with the bridal tasting event they do was a great experience to get to taste and see all the food beforehand was a nice touch the hotel provided us a bridal sweet for the night before and the night of the wedding which was great the food was fantastic everyone told us it was one of the best steaks they ever had the whole staff was amazing the wait staff and even the bartender we had was great and like I said before working with megan was so great she even recommended someone to alter my wife's dress met with us several times and who knows how many phone calls and emails she always made us feel like a priority which was great we very much enjoyed and appreciated everyone at the hotel for all there hard work making out day so very very special would recommend them to anyone looking for a place to have there wedding

Sent on 07/13/2018

Taylor · Married on 04/14/2018

The Gettysburg Hotel ensured that my wedding reception was absolutely perfect. When I asked for the temperature to be turned down they very quickly accommodated me. Everything was perfect and Megan went over all of the details with me to ensure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on my big day. When they allowed me and my husband to go into the ballroom to get a sneak preview it was everything we could have dreamed of. Prior to the big day, they always communicated with me and answered every single one of my questions. I loved the bridal show too because we found a lot of our vendors through this!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Lori · Married on 04/14/2018

My son's wedding was recently held here. It was the best wedding I ever attended, and not just because it was my son's. Everything was top notch and everyone had a great time!! I can't say enough great things about Megan, the wedding planner. Awesome with all of the details!!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Marie · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband and I could not have been any happier with having our wedding reception at the Gettysburg Hotel. When we began the wedding planning process, we were hesitant to visit the Hotel, as it was a bit far from the ceremony. After visiting however, we instantly knew it was the place. Having visited several potential reception locations already, we were blown away by how much was included and taken care of by the Gettysburg Hotel. Their level of assurance in taking care of so many details instantly put me at ease and I knew that it would be much less for me to worry about.I had decided to do a lot of the reception decorations myself and the day before the wedding when I gave everything to Megan and explained my vision for the ballroom, she took that vision and made it look a thousand times more beautiful! The food was perfect and they were wonderful with working through dietary needs and even personal preferences from some of the guests. They provided a cake from Karen Rodkey Cakes that was both beautifully designed and delicious. Finally, they thought of little things, like having cake, a bottle of champagne and a selection of food up in our honeymoon suite for the end of the time. Our reception could not have run more seamlessly and I know that it was due to Megan and the rest of her staff's impeccable behind-the-scene coordination. I would strongly recommend the Gettysburg Hotel for any couple that wants a beautiful, memorable, stress-free experience for a great value.

Sent on 04/27/2018