Genevieve's Bridal Couture Reviews

44 | Barrington, IL

44 Reviews for Genevieve's Bridal Couture

Stefanie · Married on 09/15/2018

My experience so far has been amazing!! I loved the personal touches made at Genevieve's and it was so special to me to have the salon to myself when shopping. They were incredibly helpful as I tried on dresses, and they worked with me so well, by hearing what I was looking for in a gown and searching for it. I just ordered my bridal gown with them last Wednesday and Francesca was so amazing to work with both days! My mom and I felt so cared for while working with her, and she is so bubbly, encouraging, and kind. She even greeted us both with a hug :)

Sent on 11/30/2017

Erin · Married on 09/02/2018

I had absolutely the best experience at Genevieve's from start to finish. Maya responded to my request for an appointment right away and was able to fit me into the schedule days later. They schedule one bride at a time so I had their complete attention the whole time and never felt rushed. Francesa was assisting Maya that day and they both were so sweet and helpful. I honestly can not say enough great things about them. They also have a great selection of dresses for various budgets. Every bride needs to visit Genevieve's. They will make you feel like a princess. And the best part is I found my dream dress!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Monika · Married on 08/04/2018

Before I went out searching for my dress I did a little research on the Knot and Google for a bridal boutique with good reviews. Genevieve’s was listed as one of the best, and it quickly became my number one pick. Both Maya and Francesca were so helpful. I never felt pressured and would never in a million years imagine that buying a wedding dress would be this easy. Through process of elimination, I found the perfect dress and I couldn’t be happier. All the dresses that were picked out for me were all in my budget and the selection of dresses was amazing. I am so happy that I picked Genevieve’s as my first and last stop. Thank you for making this experience so pleasant and easy. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2017
  • MIRANDA

Miranda · Married on 08/04/2018

Walking in to Genevieves’s Bridal Couture I automatically felt a warm welcome ! So personable !! The shop is so beautiful & chic! So many beautiful & affordable dresses. After trying on 2 I found my dream dress ! Had such a wonderful experience at this shop!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/07/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/28/2018

THE BEST customer service! We worked with Francesca and Maya- both were absolutely amazing and it was such a relaxed environment with a gorgeous selection of gowns- definitely recommend to any bride!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Aimee · Married on 06/23/2018

If you want personalized attention and style this is the place! I had a wonderful time during my appointment. We had the store to ourselves and the wonderful owner and her cousin made me feel so amazing the whole time. I found the perfect dress and cannot wait to wear it next June!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Julie · Married on 06/09/2018

I had such a great experience at Genenvieves. We went all over and found dresses I loved and just couldn’t make up my mind. When I went back to Genevieve’s I was greeted with such a warm welcome. They truly make you feel like a princess. I found the most perfect dress and had the most amazing time when I said I do.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Karen · Married on 05/15/2018

these women were great to work with, love their approach and vision.
    really know their styles and dresses
    I'd go here again.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/12/2018

The dress selection here was amazing!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Karolina · Married on 04/14/2018

Genevieve's Bridal is the ideal place to go find your dream wedding dress. The store is absolutely beautiful and the selection of dresses at the store is great! Maya is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure to show you dresses that are in your budget. I also love that the store is closed down so all of the attention is on you while you try on dresses! I highly recommend Genevieve's and will be telling all of my engaged friends to go to Genevieve's to buy their dresses!

Sent on 02/22/2017
  • I

Irena · Married on 02/03/2018

Monika Mocek was the most amazing and helpful person in helping me try on dresses and make the right selection! She was so kind, friendly and knowledgeable. The experience was so pleasant and picking out the perfect dress and was a blast thanks to Monika. Maya (the owner) is so wonderful with helping get the dress ready is such short amount of time since I only have 3 months until my wedding. She was on top of it and made sure to put a rush order for me to make my special day possible. She has kept in touch since the beginning. I would highly recommend going to Genevieve's for a wedding dress!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Jenn · Married on 11/18/2017

I can't say enough amazing things about this boutique as well as about Maya. I had no idea what I wanted for my dress and Maya pulled beautiful styles that she thought would fit my body type and it's how I found my dress. She really has an eye for this stuff. On top of it, the selection she has is stunning and the store is closed during your appointment so you have her undivided attention. It really makes the whole process feel special and fun. Highly recommend checking out this store. It exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Maya really helped me out in a pinch with the best service anyone could ask for. I purchased my wedding dress from a shop in my PA hometown that unexpectedly went out of business; however, I needed to purchase lace to add sleeves. Maya went above and beyond to find me lace from the designer that matched perfectly as well as pricing options. Her email responses were kind, thorough and very prompt. She made what I thought would be an arduous task very easy. It is easy to see that she goes above and beyond for her brides. Thanks again Maya!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/30/2017

Great experience! Went to Genevieves first and fell in love with her assortment of gowns. After checking out two other salons, I ran back to Genevieves. This salon allows you to roam through their selection. It also carries only a few lines so each dress is beautiful and hand selected. Maya was very knowledgeable about the gowns and only showed us items within our budget- even steering us away from those above it. The dress I chose was the first dress they picked for me after looking at my Pinterest page. Cannot wait to pick up my dress!!

Sent on 01/16/2017

Vicki · Married on 11/10/2018

Maya and Fran are amazing! As an older bride I was feeling a little intimidated so I went to my appointment alone. Fran and Maya put me at ease and made the experience relaxed and fun. They listened to what I wanted and, when I asked for their suggestions, supplied a number of alternative dresses. I never felt rushed or under any pressure to make a decision, which is good because I was unsure of exactly what I wanted.

I came back a few weeks later during a trunk show. I tried on the dress I had been considering and asked for suggestions from the trunk show. Maya suggested a dress that I would not have selected for myself, but I figured, why not try it. It turned out to be... The Dress!

Maya is a great communicator, responding to questions by both email and text.

I can't wait for my dress to come in! I have no doubt that I will get word right away. I would highly recommend Genevieve's!

Sent on 03/15/2018
  • Taylor

Taylor H. · Married on 07/24/2020

Great Experience

I worked with Monika at Genevieve's Bridal Couture to find my wedding dress. Before making my appointment, I looked at their Pinterest page to see if they carried the style of dress I was searching for. I got there early but was able to start my appointment right away. Monika asked what my style was and about my wedding venue to get a sense of what I was looking for. She let my mom and I look around the store and point out specific dresses that I'd like to try on, and Monika picked out others that she thought I would like. We had the entire store to ourselves, which was awesome. Monika was so knowledgeable about each dress I was interested in and was able to answer all of my questions (i.e., What would this look like if it was lined? Could I get the sleeves changed? I don't like this part, could it be altered?). I wound up choosing my dress at this appointment, and Monika poured my mom and me some champagne to celebrate. I would definitely recommend shopping at Genevieve's and working with Monika!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Haley · Married on 01/11/2020

Great experience

They were great and efficient.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Cathy · Married on 08/12/2017

We loved Genevieves!! As soon as we pulled up, we had a fun experience and I felt like a bride. They did a great job helping us pick dresses that I would like, we had the whole store to ourselves, didn't feel rushed, and felt very tended to. Both the owner and her associate were super sweet. I ended up finding the dress there! (first time ever trying on dresses, first and only store trying on dresses) They celebrated with us by giving us all champagne and letting us take pictures. It was really fun and very successful. Not to mention the shop is so cute. I would highly recommend this shop for your wedding dress shopping!! :)

Sent on 01/16/2017
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 08/04/2018

3.0

The most beautiful dress

The stylists at Genevieve's picked out the BEST dresses for me. In fact, the one I ended up purchasing was the very first one I tried on. I loved every single dress I tried and I would recommend Genevieve's to all of my friends.

Sent on 11/11/2018