Genevieve's Bridal Couture Reviews

36 | Barrington, IL

36 Reviews for Genevieve's Bridal Couture

• Michelle

Michelle Piszczek · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Amazing and stress-free experience!

Genevieves’s is awesome! This was my first dress shopping appointment and it ended up being my last. Me and 2 of my bridesmaids went and got there a bit early. They were more than ready for us and had my name posted on a chalkboard outside welcoming me. The consultant was amazing! I had a couple of pictures and a description of what I liked but didn’t have anything specific in mind. She started by pulling dresses similar to my pictures and then encouraged me to try a few other styles just to see. I liked what I had “envisioned” but ended up falling IN LOVE with a different style that she had suggested! It was the second dress I tried and no matter what else I tried after that, nothing compared. She explained the details of each dress thoroughly and showed me what they would look like bustled. In the end we put my favorite dress back on and they gave me a veil and jewelry and I knew it was the one. They let my bridesmaids take all the pictures we wanted and gave us a champagne toast. After I was back in normal clothes I got an “I said yes” pic and they explained the ordering process. My consultant was BEYOND thorough and made the experience amazing instead of stressful. The prices were more than reasonable and the staff is fantastic. They custom order the dress according to size and don’t do alterations but partner with an awesome shop in Arlington Heights; make sure you visit and order at least 8-10 months in advance. I would absolutely recommend Genevieves to ALL future brides! They are friendly, thorough, fun, and pressure-free.

Sent on 10/13/2019
  • Bella

Bella Thull · Getting married on 09/18/2020

Amazing!!!

As soon as I walked in, I saw my dream dress! I tried two other dresses on before this dress and then knew it was the one. I had another dress appointment that day but nothing could compare to the dress and experience that I had at Genevieve’s. I went back a few hours later and bought the dress! I 110% recommend Genevieve’s for any bride looking to find their dream dress! I had so many dresses pinned on Pinterest not thinking I would ever find my dream dress so quickly! Monika helped me out and she was so amazing! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory McCune · Getting married on 09/18/2020

Very Nice Experience

I have visited a lot of bridal shops recently while looking for my wedding dress. When I walked into Genevieve's, I knew I would find my dress here. The shop is so cute inside with the decor and furniture and the overall vibe is very relaxed. Both Monika and Maya were very welcoming and sweet when we walked in without even having an appointment. Since there was not another appointment at the time, they were more than happy to allow me to look around and try on anything. Lucky enough, that is exactly how I found my dress. I really enjoyed the laid back experience. I felt no pressure or stress trying on dresses which really helped me in making my decision. They allowed me to try on any veil, belt or jewelry they have to complete the look and I appreciated that they allowed you to take your time. Monika was super helpful in explaining everything and allowing me to come back a couple more times to try on the dress. When I finally said Yes to the Dress we got to enjoy a glass of champagne and take a "Yes to the Dress" picture that they later shared on their IG story which made me feel really special. I would recommend all future brides to check this place out.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Paola Huitron · Getting married on 07/11/2020

The perfect bridal dress experience

I loved my experience at Genevieve’s! First, the bridal salon is beautifully lit, with huge windows that bring in gorgeous, natural sunlight that really allows you to see all the details on the dresses you try on. Second, Monika, my bridal consultant, did an amazing job! She knew exactly what I wanted and pulled beautiful dresses right from the start! Genevieve’s has a beautiful selection of dresses that can fit any bride’s vision. So much time and care was given at my appointment. I did not feel rushed at all. Monika was more than willing to pull multiple dresses so that I could have a wide selection choice! I also love that the salon has champagne on hand so that you can celebrate once you say yes to the dress! Choose Genevieve’s for a beautiful selection of dresses, knowledgeable and thoughtful consultants, and an overall magnificent experience!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Leah Wolf · Married on 06/27/2020

Wonderful!

We found our dream dress here!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Ania W. · Married on 06/09/2020

Five stars!

I had an AMAZING experience with Genevieve's Bridal Couture!
    Walking up to the boutique there was a personalized sign welcoming me. We had a private appointment and were the only customers in the store with personalized attention from the moment we walked in. The intimate boutique-style setup lets you savor the experience of shopping for your big day.
    Maya, the owner and Monika a Bridal Stylist are extremely helpful knowledgeable and helped me find my dream dress. Unlike any typical bridal shop, you never feel rushed or pressured at all. They gently guide you if you need suggestions, but also give you space and time to think so that you don't feel overwhelmed.
    LOVE LOVE LOVED the privacy of the bridal boutique! The experience was beyond satisfactory and
    beautifully dress collection to choose from.

Sent on 03/24/2020
  • Mary

mary tsakadze · Married on 05/30/2020

An absolute DREAM

I picked up my wedding dress today and I'm just so full of gratitude for this place - Genevieve's Bridal Couture is an absolute DREAM and I highly recommend it. This was the 4th wedding boutique I went to, and I wish it was my first. The store itself is gorgeous and well decorated, the dress selection is impeccable with prices all across the board, and the bridal team is truly the very best because they are so knowledgeable, so attentive, and so caring. I will forever be grateful to Maya, the owner, and Monika, the bridal consultant I worked with. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Genevieve's Bridal Couture for helping me find "The One" (I am so in love with my dress!) and being an absolute joy to work with!

Sent on 02/15/2020
  • Erika

Erika Rauscher · Married on 02/07/2020

Magical Experience!

I found my dream dress here. The entire experience was even better than I could have imagined! It felt like a movie! Karly exceeded my expectations as a consultant and I could not be happier. My mom, sister and I were just wow-ed!

Sent on 03/26/2019
  • Claire

Claire Collins · Married on 11/09/2019

First Appointment, Found My Dress!

I am so happy I went to Genevieve's for my first appointment - they were so nice, and helped me find my DREAM dress! I had no idea what I wanted, hadn't really looked at styles, and Monica was SO helpful in finding me a PERFECT dress! They are EXTREMELY reasonable with pricing! I am so excited to go back for a fitting and even more excited to get married! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/26/2019

Everyone at Genevieve’s was so helpful and accommodating. Smaller selection but everything they had was high quality for a great value, and I much prefer smaller selections to not get overwhelmed! They were running a trunk show sale and I found the gown of my dreams, but was hesitant to buy without important family members there. The owner allowed me to put down a deposit to hold the sale price, but held off on ordering the dress so I could come back next time I’m in town. Truly awesome service.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/24/2019

I had such a great experience! Monika was so helpful. First I picked out dresses that I liked. As I tried them on, she would try to gauge what I did or didn’t like about them to find alternatives that better fit my taste and style and was spot on. The actual place itself is so cute too - basically like a huge modern loft-looking place filled with gorgeous dresses. And it was just me trying on dresses, so it was super private and comfortable. I tried on maybe 15 dresses total in other places and can honestly say that Genevieve’s Bridal had the most gorgeous dresses and at the best prices (which I was not expecting at all, especially because the quality was amazing). Ultimately, I found my dream dress, enjoyed a glass of champagne with my mom, and the fitting and ordering took maybe another 20 minutes. I recommend Genevieve’s Bridal 100%.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Christina · Married on 08/17/2019

My experience at Genevieve's Bridal Couture was unforgettable and one I will cherish in my heart forever! I was with my sister and this was my first appointment looking for my wedding dress and given my past experiences purchasing bridesmaid dresses for weddings I stood up in, at chain bridal stores, I was extremely nervous about how this would go.

Walking up to the boutique, there was a personalized sign welcoming me. Going inside, Maya, the owner, and Francesca, a Bridal Stylist, were awaiting my arrival, and from the moment I walked in it was all about me. It was a very intimate and private experience, completely focused on me - during your appointment time, there is no one else inside but you and your guests with the staff.

The boutique is absolutely breathtaking and all of the designer dresses and accessories are just beautiful! They fully embraced me and paid attention to and listened to all of the details I provided prior to my appointment and during.

Both Maya and Francesca were just amazing! I felt so incredibly relaxed, comfortable, and special the entire time.

It didn't take long before I said: "Yes to the dress"! I am completely in love with my dress and so grateful for the entire experience at Genevieve's Bridal Couture! I want to thank Maya and Francesca with all of my heart for this unforgettable moment and helping me find the absolute perfect dress for my big day!

I highly recommend Genevieve's Bridal Couture to any future bride!

Sent on 05/20/2018
  • Hayle

Hayle · Married on 08/09/2019

Great selection of dresses, affordable prices. Went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and special. Wonderful personalized experience, very attentive to the bride.

Sent on 09/03/2018
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/01/2019

Genevieve's was the best experience I could have asked for! We had the shop to ourselves which made it very personal for my appointment. They were very nice and found many dresses for me to try on within my budget and the style I was looking for. I found the wedding dress of my dreams at Genevieve's!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Jocelyn · Married on 05/31/2019

Great help finding my wedding dress!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Abbi · Married on 12/08/2018

I am so happy I went to Genevieve's for my wedding dress. Not only did I find the PERFECT dress - I also had an outstanding experience. Francesca was so helpful in guiding me toward the dress of my dreams. I never planned my wedding in my head or fantasized about my dress. So she helped me hone in on what I was looking for and wanted! I also appreciated how easy it was to make an appointment and how quick the response time was.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Justyna · Married on 10/12/2018

I would highly recommend shopping at Genevieve's for your bridal gown. From start to finish the whole experience was very pleasant. A few things I liked most about the experience is first they provided you with a questionnaire about your bridal gown and style of your wedding, secondly the hospitality (from closing down the entire store for your appointment, the friendly staff.. to the champagne when you make your decision) and lastly the overall value and quality of the gown. I knew what I wanted in a gown but now I feel like I received something more than what I could have ever imagined! Thank you Genevieve's!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Stefanie · Married on 09/15/2018

My experience so far has been amazing!! I loved the personal touches made at Genevieve's and it was so special to me to have the salon to myself when shopping. They were incredibly helpful as I tried on dresses, and they worked with me so well, by hearing what I was looking for in a gown and searching for it. I just ordered my bridal gown with them last Wednesday and Francesca was so amazing to work with both days! My mom and I felt so cared for while working with her, and she is so bubbly, encouraging, and kind. She even greeted us both with a hug :)

Sent on 11/30/2017

Erin · Married on 09/02/2018

I had absolutely the best experience at Genevieve's from start to finish. Maya responded to my request for an appointment right away and was able to fit me into the schedule days later. They schedule one bride at a time so I had their complete attention the whole time and never felt rushed. Francesa was assisting Maya that day and they both were so sweet and helpful. I honestly can not say enough great things about them. They also have a great selection of dresses for various budgets. Every bride needs to visit Genevieve's. They will make you feel like a princess. And the best part is I found my dream dress!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Monika · Married on 08/04/2018

Before I went out searching for my dress I did a little research on the Knot and Google for a bridal boutique with good reviews. Genevieve’s was listed as one of the best, and it quickly became my number one pick. Both Maya and Francesca were so helpful. I never felt pressured and would never in a million years imagine that buying a wedding dress would be this easy. Through process of elimination, I found the perfect dress and I couldn’t be happier. All the dresses that were picked out for me were all in my budget and the selection of dresses was amazing. I am so happy that I picked Genevieve’s as my first and last stop. Thank you for making this experience so pleasant and easy. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2017
  • MIRANDA

MIRANDA · Married on 08/04/2018

Walking in to Genevieves’s Bridal Couture I automatically felt a warm welcome ! So personable !! The shop is so beautiful & chic! So many beautiful & affordable dresses. After trying on 2 I found my dream dress ! Had such a wonderful experience at this shop!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/07/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 07/28/2018

THE BEST customer service! We worked with Francesca and Maya- both were absolutely amazing and it was such a relaxed environment with a gorgeous selection of gowns- definitely recommend to any bride!!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Aimee · Married on 06/23/2018

If you want personalized attention and style this is the place! I had a wonderful time during my appointment. We had the store to ourselves and the wonderful owner and her cousin made me feel so amazing the whole time. I found the perfect dress and cannot wait to wear it next June!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Julie · Married on 06/09/2018

I had such a great experience at Genenvieves. We went all over and found dresses I loved and just couldn’t make up my mind. When I went back to Genevieve’s I was greeted with such a warm welcome. They truly make you feel like a princess. I found the most perfect dress and had the most amazing time when I said I do.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Karen · Married on 05/15/2018

these women were great to work with, love their approach and vision.
    really know their styles and dresses
    I'd go here again.