Genevieve Leiper Photography Reviews

148 | Leesburg, VA

148 Reviews for Genevieve Leiper Photography

C & E · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Outstanding!

Genevieve's work is outstanding! I highly, HIGHLY recommend hiring her!! In addition to being an incredibly talented photographer (and editor!), she is delightful to work with; she is responsive and easy going. We could not be happier with our photos (nor could our parents!). A++

Sent on 12/09/2019

April Sutton · Married on 10/21/2019

Amazing and Talented!

I can’t say enough great things about Genevieve! She communicated really well throughout everything and made sure I got all the photos I wanted! She was also an amazing person to around on the wedding day. She made me feel calm and comfortable. Even with my husband he loved her and felt comfortable with her. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2019

Genevieve is the best!

I can’t say enough about my experience with Genevieve throughout this past year! In addition to her amazing work she is always prompt in communicating and went above and beyond in every way. We were lucky enough to have Doug and Genevieve shoot our wedding and they were a true dream team and a blast to spend the day with. We had so much fun and Genevieve made sure to capture every special moment throughout the whole day! She even took the time to rebustle and fix the sleeve on my dress when I had a wardrobe malfunction! She is prompt in her delivery and everyone has raved about how gorgeous and perfect our photos are! We love Genevieve and hiring her was one of our best wedding investments/decisions!

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • BGron

BGron · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent!

Genevieve was absolutely amazing! I would highly,highly recommend her. From our initial phone call, to our in-person meeting, it was clear that Genevieve was very professional and extremely talented. She captured all of the wedding’s moments beyond our expectations. The posed photos were spectacular and the candid photos were incredible. You can feel the joy and we can almost hear the music playing in the background while looking at still photos. So amazing! She knew the venue so well and was very well prepared. The photos were taken in different locations and very thoughtful but also taken very efficiently. Genevieve has a calm disposition and a discreet style. She was a pleasure to work with. Her assistant Slavy was fabulous as well. Whenever we look at our photos we say “we were so lucky we hired Genevieve”.

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Carrie

Carrie Mack · Married on 08/16/2019

Genevieve is AMAZING!

Genevieve was absolutely amazing! From start to the finish on our wedding day day she made sure she and her second photographer captured all of our special moments. Genevieve was so helpful in the booking and planning process as well. We talked over the phone a few times so she could get a feel for our vision when it came to our wedding photos. We could not have asked for a better photographer and second shooter. They were professional, fun and full of laughter. Genevieve really knows how to capture moments and her photos are truly works of art!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Clara

Clara Carter · Married on 07/28/2019

She's the best!

Genevieve was so amazing! We're so thankful that we chose to go with her for our wedding photography. No photos to share yet, since we just got married a little over a week ago, but I have no doubt that they're going to be perfect (she showed us a few little previews while we were taking them and they looked AWESOME!!). Gen made our big day run so smoothly. She helped keep me calm, keep everyone on schedule, and made sure we got all the pictures that we wanted. She thought of every detail and even kept her car running with the air blasting cold for us to sit in while we went from spot to spot to take pictures. She had everything under control, and I was so grateful. If you're looking for a wedding photographer, LOOK NO FURTHER! Go with Genevieve. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely incredible work!

We could not have been happier with our decision to go with Genevieve Leiper Photography! Doug and Slavy were our photographers for the day and we absolutely loved them. They did a fantastic job and were extremely organized! We had so much fun with them and they were able to capture the true personalities of everyone involved in our wedding :) While taking the pictures, they showed us a few on the camera and we are SO EXCITED to see how they turn out! We would 100% book them again!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 06/08/2019

The absolute best photographer EVER!!

Not only is Gen an amazing photographer but she was my right hand girl. I had an amazing bridal party and wedding party but she might as well have been another bridesmaid. She had my back the entire time. Not only capturing this amazing day but ensuring everything was how I wanted. She gave me advice the day of and never left my side!!! I want her to photograph every moment coming up in my life!! Plus be her best friend lol. You won’t be disappointed hiring her!!! I was so lucky to get her!!! My husband and are thrilled with her work. It’s amazing and quick!! She got us our engagement and wedding pictures back so quickly!! I didn’t realize how important that would be to me but it was so amazing to get it the pictures back quickly to share with family and friends!!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rachael · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful Experience

Genevieve was already booked when I contacted her more than a year out from my 4/27/19 Purcellville, VA wedding, but I was in luck when she told me her cousin, Amy, and second photographer, Slavie, were available. I had already taken engagement photos with another photographer a long time before I contracted with GL Photography, so unfortunately, I was not able to have that rapport-developing experience with Amy. Despite this, Genevieve came out to my wedding venue more than a month before the wedding for a walk-through to meet my fiance and me when we were in town for a short visit. She made the time to walk through the whole area, talking to us about the photos we wanted, and suggesting places she thought would be good for photos. About a week before the wedding, I was asked for a list of pictures we wanted and moments we wanted captured as well as a list of names of family members and friends. The whole thing was seamlessly organized. On wedding day, Amy arrived early to walk around and scope out areas, and then, even when the timeline started to break down due to things going on and people showing up late, Amy was cool, composed, and collected and flexibly maneuvered her way through the changing schedule. She was a true professional and worked wonderfully with everyone, never pushy, and always sure to confirm with me before she switched gears or moved on. I haven't seen the photos yet, but judging by how well Amy and Slavie worked with all of us, I know they are going to be spectacular, and we just cannot wait. Thank you, Genevieve Leiper Photography!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin O'malley · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful to work with!!

We booked Doug and Kirk for our wedding day. Genevieve was a pleasure to work with in the lead up to our wedding. We communicated with her to get our list of "must have" photographs and she always very responsive to our questions. On our wedding day, Doug and Kirk were fabulous. Doug was so much fun and really put us at ease so we spent the whole day laughing! Our pictures turned out great and we couldn't be happier. Genevieve then edited the photos quickly so that we had a photos back in a week and half! She then sent us our photos on a USB that was a beautiful engraved glass and gold USB that is a beautiful keepsake. Doug, Genevieve, and Kirk were all a pleasure to work with and we would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Kacey

Kacey · Married on 04/06/2019

couldn't ask for more

Gen is amazing! I cannot say enough good things about her and her second photographer, Slavie. They made the day so much fun all while taking stunning photos. We were able to actually enjoy our wedding and guests all while sticking to a timeline and getting every combination of photo we discussed ahead of time. We got sunset photos and a gorgeous night shot. I would absolutely recommend Gen to anyone looking for a photographer who just GETS IT and makes you feel like it is your day. THANK YOU GEN, we cannot wait to see the final photos!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • DevSet

Nichole · Married on 03/29/2019

Genevieve Is Incredible!

Having done a lot of fashion work in my day, I'm super, super picky about photography, so choosing a photographer that could work with my vision and meet my goals was going to be challenging! Then, I found Genevieve. If I had to describe her work in one word, it would be "stunning". If I had to describe her in one word, it would be "amazing". She was so much fun to work with and incredibly patient and flexible with my vision. The early photos I saw through her camera that day (during my wedding) were already magazine-worthy - she just gets it. I definitely recommend her to anyone that is in need of a great photographer as after the whirlwind is over, these photos are what you are going to have to look back on, so why not hire the best?!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Inbal

Inbal Claudio · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely Perfect

Since the second Doug walked into the bridal suite, I knew that I was in good hands. It was very apparent that he knew exactly the type of photos that would work, and was very professional about all of the directions he gave.
    We had our bridal party photos taken at the monuments in DC, and once we got there immediately got swarmed by tourists. He was so good about focusing on us and making sure that all of our photos were taken in a very timely fashion.
    He captured everything from start to finish, and even stayed a little extra to make sure not to miss our Hora Chair dance. Such an awesome guy, very nice and am so happy he got to be a part of our special day.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Christine · Married on 10/07/2018

Love, love love!

Loved working with her! She took amazing photos & grabbed pictures I never would have thought of. Very professional but fun & flexible at the same time.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/10/2018

Absolutely love our wedding photos from Genevieve! My husband and I spent a lot of time researching photographers looking for clear, bright photos to match our winery venue in August. We came across Genevieve's photos from a friend's wedding photos and were absolutely in love. We contacted to book her right away. On our Big Day, Genevieve was able to capture every moment. Looking back on our photos now we can relive our day that seemed to fly by! Genevieve and her right man Doug were absolutely amazing. We are so thankful for the variety of photos we received from the get ready, to the first look, ceremony, reception and especially sunset and night. She did a great job of not only capturing us as the bride and groom but our guests who were very special to us. By far my favorite vendor of my entire day! Absolutely amazing.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Sofia · Married on 05/12/2018

Genevieve is an incredible photographer! I mean, just really amazing! She's so easy to work with and comfortable to be around. Having a photographer I felt comfortable around, that could make you laugh when the wedding scene starts to make you tense...there is very little that can replace that. That was so key for me. On top of that, Genevieve's photography is absolutely amazing. I was really blown away by clarity of her photos and her ability to capture so many special and unique moments with so much movement. We used her for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. Both are totally different settings and she really excelled in both!! Additionally, her evening photos look just as amazing as her day time photos! I originally struggled to find photographers who could take pictures in the evening. This is not an issue for Genevieve!! You will not be disappointed to have Genevieve as your photographer!

Sent on 06/17/2018
  • Lina

Lina · Married on 04/28/2018

Genevieve was great to work with. Her photos are AMAZING and her personality is very easy to “click” with. She is laid back but VERY organized and professional – which is what you want for your big day. We had our engagement photos taken as part of the package – the turnaround time was short and we got all the photos on CD within a couple weeks. It rained the week of our wedding and Genevieve called to go over rain back up plans and to calm my nerves. She was very flexible in meeting to go over the timelines, etc. I wrote several questions via email and she was very responsive. Also, she was very helpful the day of the wedding – even helping with my bustle and other odds & ends that were definitely not in her job description. Her associate (the second photographer) was great too – he took many photos of the groomsmen and they all loved him.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Alana · Married on 04/21/2018

Working with Genevieve was such a pleasure! She has a great eye for amazing photos and is extremely talented. She made us feel at ease and captured some absolutely stunning photos of our beautiful wedding day. I had asked Genevieve to send me a couple of "sneak peak" photos because I as expecting that all the photos would take a long time to edit and she surprised me less than 3 weeks after the wedding and sent me all of the photos! (Im sure this can't always happen that way) She is just the best! Seriously, if you are looking for a phenomenal photographer, you can stop looking because Genevieve is amazing. Also, I can guarantee you will not find another photographer who risks getting attacked by geese just to get a great photo :)

Sent on 05/12/2018

Hayley · Married on 12/15/2017

My now husband and I found Genevieve though a preferred vendor list that was given to us by a venue that we were considering for our wedding. We ended up passing on the location but hired Genevieve, and it was one of the best decisions we made. Genevieve is fun to work with, she is professional, and above all else, she is TALENTED! With five sneak peek photos in hand, I am waiting with bated breath to see what else she captured from our day. If you have not booked your wedding photographer, look no further. Her positive attitude will make you smile on the day of your wedding, and her photos will make you smile for the many years that follow.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Alyssa · Married on 11/18/2017

We loved our experience with Genevieve Leiper! We found Genevieve through our wedding planner -- my husband had wanted very artistic dark Vogue-like shots and I preferred the candid warm images; you couldn't get more opposite so we had a hard time at first compromising on a photographer. Genevieve was able to do both to our likings! Im against the forced looked of engagement shoots so I was nervous when we booked ours but it turned out very natural and it was a lot of fun. The pictures were a mix of bright and vibrant, darker and artistic, and warm and candid. She has a great eye for creative shots and beautiful work. Our wedding photos turned out just as good with a great mix-up of styles. We had so much fun running around DC on our wedding day with Gen and her team, to get all different kinds of shots in. We probably weren't the easiest clients to work with at first, but we were so glad to have chosen Gen. Aside from the initial consultation, Genevieve didn't need much coaching and preferred to work off of the emotion/action of the day vs planning out shots. It was nerve-wracking to give up that control and planning (which that urge always gets cranked up during wedding planning), but it worked well for great candids and some very good artistic shots. Beautiful photos, great personality, easy to work with, affordable pricing, and well worth the investment!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I recently got married at a winery in VA, so we wanted a photographer that could capture all the important moments in our wedding and also incorporate the beautiful scenery into our photos. Genevieve and her team were wonderful to work with - friendly, professional, and creative. While we have only seen a few preview photos so far, these photos have proven to be the perfect blend of beautiful, artistic shots and more traditional (but still stunning!) wedding photos. An all-around wonderful experience! She truly has an eye for exquisite photography and made the entire process - from our first meeting with her to the wedding day - memorable and stress-free.

Sent on 11/15/2017

R.A. · Married on 06/18/2017

Genevieve is a pleasure to work with! She is always responsive and when it comes time for wedding day, she is sure to impress. Between her and Slavi, not a single detail was missed on our wedding day. Thank you for the stunning photos!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

We used Genevieve Leiper for our September 27th, 2014 wedding and we absolutely loved her! She came highly recommended from our wedding planner, Lindsey Farrell of Kelley Cannon events and though we were supposed to meet with a few other photographers, once I met Genevieve I knew that I wanted to work with her for our wedding!

I was nervous about having my photograph taken as I am usually camera-shy, but Genevieve made everything fun and relaxed and still obtained amazingly beautiful images. Both her and her second photographer knew exactly where to go in Alexandria, Virginia to get beautiful shots of both me and my husband as well as the wedding party. I didn't have any particular shots in mind but I knew I was in great hands with Genevieve and I was not disappointed. The pictures I have seen so far are amazing and I am so thrilled with the results.

In addition, during the reception both Genevieve and her second photographer were able to take pictures of the guests in-action on the dance floor without getting in the way of the dancing! I was so happy that we barely noticed them while we were having a blast on the floor.

Overall: hiring Genevieve was the perfect decision for our wedding and I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures from our day!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

We got married recently in Middleburg, VA, and heard about Genevieve from our reception venue, Bluemont Vineyard. She came highly recommended, and it's not hard to see why. Genevieve really knows her stuff, and delivered a beautiful final product. We just got our pictures in, and couldn't be more pleased. Our photographers, Ashley, and Megan were fantastic on the day of the wedding. Both were laid back and a lot of fun, and managed to find all the good angles. We're not really big on taking photos ourselves, but they found a way to make the process tolerable, dare I say, fun! We enjoyed working with the whole team, and would highly recommend them all!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Coe · Married on 04/22/2017

Genevieve was absolutely amazing! She was very responsive to all of my questions and made me and my husband feel so comfortable on our wedding day. Our pictures are beautiful, I couldn't be happier. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 05/24/2017