Genesis Banquet Center & Catering Reviews

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 4
Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 5
Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 6
Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 7

Genesis was AWESOME! Their food was great, they gave us a great deal and made sure that we got exactly what we paid for (and more). They're willing to do anything for you and are very affordable. Happy we chose them!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/05/2012

We used them for our wedding reception and everything was perfect! They are reasonably priced and have great menu options. All our food tasted amazing! They went above and beyond my expectations...I had their classic buffet but my cousin needed food that was gluten free so they made him a plate free of charge. Very professional staff and we really enjoyed working with them.

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2011

Genesis was the best decision we could have made. Everyone we worked with was super nice and courteous! They are teh best team and work with you for countless hours. The food was spectacular, much better than some reception halls we had tried and the price was awesome for how much we got compared to other halls charging much more for much less. I would recommend Genesis for everyone! We are talking about using them for our dad's 50th birthday next year.

Sent on 12/06/2011
  • STB Mrs. O!

Allyse · Married on 04/15/2011

The did an excellent job. I didnt have time to decorate the room so they told me if I brought out all my decorations and told them how I wanted them set up they would do it for me. And they did and it was perfect!!

Sent on 04/17/2011

Keivn · Married on 03/19/2011

Couldnt have asked for a better experience. They were extremely flexible, friendly and had a very fair price. We had many compliments on the food and many people were shocked at how nice the building was. The servers were awesome and the owner was always available and made sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/12/2011

manette · Married on 10/03/2010

we tried them at bridal show and went back to ther booth at several other shows to see if they were consistant and they were I can't say that about some other caterers. There food is great no complaints at all and the selection for the price was even better because of our budget I never thought that I would be able to have carving service at my daughters wedding but we did. Her wedding was on October 3 2010 a sunday afternoon odd but it was great there is a discount for friday evening saturday afternoons and all day sunday, which made it the more reasonable definately something to look at. They also did the weddding ceremony for us as well and did such a great job. I would highly recommend them for your wedding it not just the catering which is fantastic. What helps is that it is a family owned business so they really try hard and it shows. They also just redid the fixtures so it isn't gold anymore all brushed chrome it really was nice.

Sent on 01/05/2011

Christy · Married on 08/08/2010

The food was awesome! I think everyone went back for 2nds. Not a complaint in the house and we all wished we werent full so we could eat more!!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Martin · Married on 05/27/2010

We had Genesis do the catering at our wedding few weeks ago, and they have done a great job. They were extremely flexible, the prices were much more reasonable than most competition we contacted, and the service at our wedding reception went flawlessly. The food and setup was just great, we received a lot of compliments. We definitely recommend them.

Sent on 06/26/2010

lakia · Married on 05/01/2010

Thank you Genesis!!! They did an excellent job. Genesis went above and beyond for us. Everyone is so nice and helpful (Chad-exspecially). They provided our food and bev for our wedding at the Moolah Ballroom. I plan on using Genesis again in the near future. Everyone is still talking about that salad, but all the food was delicious and the price was just right!

Sent on 07/16/2010

Carla · Married on 07/12/2009

Genesis Banquet Center has the best food around town. My guests are still talking about the food almost 4 years later. I wish I could do it all over again just to get a taste of the amazing food. They were very understanding and helpful during the planning of my wedding. My husband was serving in Iraq at the time that I was planning the wedding, and they reassured me that if he was not able to make it home for the ceremony they would assist me in any way they could.

Sent on 01/26/2013

JoAnna · Married on 07/07/2007

Genesis was a great place for my reception. It was very private and the cost was very reasonable. The service was wonderful and the food was outstanding.

Sent on 10/31/2009

Rachel · Married on 12/02/2017

We had a great experience at Genesis Banquet Center! We had plenty of space using both rooms to host our wedding reception of about 150 people. We were glad we used both rooms to make it not feel crowded. The food was quite decent for the price; many people gave compliments on it. The staff were so great to work with and incredibly generous, flexible and helpful. The price simply cannot be beat compared to other places we looked in the area. While it was not the most luxurious or unique location, our guests had a wonderful time, we ate well and there was very little stress in the planning of it. The staff even did a lot of the set up and decoration since most of our guests were at the wedding ceremony. It was also particularly beautiful to have had the Christmas decorations out as that really added to the atmosphere! Our only small complaint was that they moved the evening along so quickly and efficiently (which was great) that people may not have had time to get seconds of the buffet or realized that there was even a bar to get drinks from. Overall though, everyone had a wonderful time!

We greatly appreciated Genesis and would highly recommend it to others!

Sent on 03/08/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

We are so happy we chose Genesis for our big reception. My brother had his reception here 3 years ago and it was so great that we decided to book here, too, even after looking at several other venues. Matt, Megan, and DJ John were fabulous! Our food was delicious. The open bar was great. My husband dropped off the centerpieces the day before with a picture of what I had in mind and Megan took care of them all. They looked better than I had expected! The staff was incredibly sweet the whole night, too. We chose John as our DJ and his system was so organized that we were able to basically pick exactly what we wanted. He could not have done a better job. It was seriously perfect. Thank you all so much for making our night so special.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/22/2012

The food was amazing and they did all the set up. They supplied the linens and china. They were fantastic. I would most definitely use them again.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Sharon Danahy · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Very informative and friendly

Megan was very responsive in replying to my emails when I asked her questions about their facility in regard to planning a wedding and reception. A few days later, my fiancé and I met with Megan. She gave us a tour of the room that we would use if we booked with them. She explained all the options and prices. I never felt pressured into making a decision and believe that she will try to make this experience enjoyable for us.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Darlene · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I had our reception at Genesis in July 2016. They took care of everything and answered all our questions. They helped a lot and were flexible with the decorations that we wanted. They were very clear with prices as well. The food was great and we loved the huge dance floor. Everyone that came to our wedding kept telling us how fun it was! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Danielle · Married on 04/22/2017

3.5

My husband David and I had our wedding reception here in April of 2017 and we were very pleased with the service and the value! We were going a little crazy looking for a venue that would hold our 350 guests, not completely break the bank, and look nice too. Thankfully we came across Genesis Banquet Center! We worked mostly with Megan leading up to the big day, and she was very accommodating and helpful! She answered any questions I had promptly and thoroughly. She allowed me to feel comfortable and confident as the day approached, and by the time the day came, everything went smoothly!

The venue is very nice with a large, open feel, raised head table, lighting options, and plenty of room on the dance floor! Our favorite part was that everything is negotiable in terms of additions to the base per-person price (chair covers, china, lighting packages) so we weren't paying for things that weren't important to us. We could add on the things we really wanted and so it felt very customized to what we wanted!

We had so many compliments on how pretty the venue looked, how nice the staff was, and how AMAZING the food was! We loved the buffet options we chose and so did our guests.

If you are looking for a venue that holds a good-sized wedding, you really can't beat Genesis Banquet Center in terms of value and service!

Sent on 05/24/2017
  • Dwayne

Dwayne · Married on 08/07/2011

Chad and Matt did a wonderful Job and made our day a very memorable one. The food was great. Definetly would recomend

Sent on 08/30/2011

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2009

Genesis catered my wedding reception at The Moolah Ballroom. The people that I worked with (Matt, Chad, and Megan) at Genesis were fantastic. The food was delicious (I got many compliments even weeks after the wedding!) and the set up of the room was beautiful. Chad made himself available in the days before the wedding to make sure that I was happy with everything and to answer any questions that I had. They definitely made it possible for us to enjoy the perfect day ever and not have to worry about anything at all. I would recommend Genesis to anyone that has any kind of event to cater!

Sent on 12/20/2009

3.0

Brought the wrong green beans, very young staff member came to me (bride) with questions during the night, saw staff make angry frustrated faces and then smile large when they realized I saw them, BUT we had wonderful correspondance prior to event, food was great (we got many compliments), one staff member went above and beyond during the evening, and the staff dealt well with issues with our kitchen -

Sent on 07/02/2012

cierra · Married on 05/11/2018

3.8
      3.5

this place is great. staff friendly and always made sure we where happy!!!

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • Sue

Sue O'dell Herweck · Married on 06/02/2019

3.8

Great food but disappointed

Very easy to work with. The food was great and they were very professional setting up the buffets, cleaning the table, etc. The disappointment came when it was time to serve the cake. The bride and groom had cut the cake and about 45 minutes later it had still not been served. My florist actually had to take the top of the cake off and start cutting the cake! The servers acted like they had never cut a cake before. Many guests had already left so I ended up bringing half the cake home!!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Rachel · Married on 03/13/2010

3.6
      3.0

I recently was married in early March of 2010 and I decided to go with Genesis Banquet Center to host my reception. At first I thought that Genesis was fabulous and could find nothing to complain about with their facility or their services.
    A few weeks before the wedding I was given a diagram of the layout of the room that my reception would be held in and was asked to assign table numbers to the tables drawn on the diagram and then make table numbers so that it would help my guests find their seat. I thought this was a wonderful idea and appreciated them giving me the diagram, but was a bit frustrated when I was told that the room HAD TO BE set up the way their diagram said and that we couldn't arrange the tables any other way, but I accepted it and filled it out and returned it to them.
    To my great frustration and embarrassment I arrived to my reception hall on the night of my wedding to find that the way the room was set up was NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE to the way they told me it was going to be set up. This wouldn't have been a problem except for the fact that the way they set up the table numbers and cards on the tables ended up putting my In-Laws on the outside of the room nowhere close to the head table by my parents. It made me look like I did that on purpose and they were not very pleased to say the least.
    On top of that, my father had to repeatedly have discussions with the bartender about the amount of alcohol he was putting in the drinks (basically none), they removed the food off of the floor before everyone had a chance to get seconds if they wanted and then refused to allow my parents to take a portion of the leftovers home, even though they paid for the food, and then started to "clean up" the room while our reception was still going on!
    I would not use this service again in the future. The only 100% positive thing I can say about them is that one of their employees, Megan, was absolutely wonderful and did her best to make the day go smoothly and I'm not sure how my night would have turned out if it hadn't been for her.

Sent on 03/23/2010

3.4
      3.0

Great venue. Staff are wonderful and willing to assist where needed.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Daniella · Married on 09/27/2014

2.6
      1.0
      2.0
      1.5

Please note the food was wonderful - it was simply everything else that wasn't. Communication is horrid. No one knows what is going on. The office staff can't answer questions and the owner is the only one who apparently knows what it going on & he doesn't return phone calls or emails in a timely manner. I got three different price quotes on extra bar time. Things that were said to be included, I found out later were not. I don't know why I bothered filling out any info sheets for the wedding day because nothing was set up by the time it was promised and most of what I asked for wasn't provided. I called specifically to ask about a locking card box for security purposes, was assured by the owner and marked yes to wanting one, and instead I got a bowl with a napkin put in it. Not only could someone have walked off with my cards but it looked so horrible and trashy next to the rest of our beautiful decorations. The poor man at the venue couldn't hardly find the table clothes, napkins or mirrors that were supposedly "easy to find" and on top of that, the venue had to call the catering owner to get the room layout sent over. My head table didn't have a table cloth or table skirt on it not did the guest book table or gift table, until 2:45 when the ceremony was at 430. This pushed my pictures back & shortened my time because we were all scrambling to get the tables in order.
    Apparently the owner was at the reception but didn't bother to speak to myself or my new husband about how things were going. We also had several people upset over the food just being cleaned up with no notice. The wait staff at the venue was wonderful but I can't say the same for the owner or his office staff. They even lost my first deposit & when I emailed questioning what was going on I didn't even get a reply. I was just disappointed by the lack of professionalism throughout & then when asked why the things that went wrong occurred the blame was quickly placed anywhere but with this company.

Sent on 10/21/2014