Genesis Banquet Center & Catering Reviews

Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 5
Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 6
Genesis Banquet Center & Catering 7

Alexandra · Married on 01/09/2016

LOOK NO FURTHER!!! Genesis Banquet Center is THE place to have your wedding reception!! The staff is incredible…they are friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to accommodate any wants or wishes. The food is AMAZING and we got so many compliments on it from our guests. The room size can accommodate a large number of guests and there is still plenty of room for dancing.Choosing Genesis Banquet Center is really a no brainer. You get more for your money without sacrificing quality and service. Thank you Genesis for making my wedding day so amazing. We know everyone had a blast.

Sent on 01/30/2016

Our daughter's wedding reception at the Moolah Ballroom catered by Genesis was absolutely fabulous! We could not have wished for a more perfect night! Chad and his staff were fantastic! They are professional and made sure everything was just as we requested right down to the smallest of details! Could not be happier!!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

You want good food, great people to work with then this is the place. Matt and all the staff at Genesis were so nice and did everything they could to make our day so wonderful and stress free. I had a candy bar and they set it up exactly the way I want and keep it stocked with the candy I brought. The food was excellent and the room was so beautiful. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2015

Sent on 11/11/2015

I used Genesis for my wedding in October 2015. They were great from start to finish. They answered all of my questions and were available every time I called and emailed. The food was also delicious- I was very happy with it! There are so many different aspects of planning a wedding and Genesis made that part so much less stressful for me! I would absolutely use them again!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Excellent food and atmosphere. We received many compliments. We love the extra large dance floor.

Sent on 10/24/2015

Genesis was absolutely wonderful in catering our wedding reception. We opted for an hors d'oeuvres buffet and all of the food tasted exactly like it did at the tasting. We had several people ask who our caterer was because everyone loved the food! Chad was wonderful to work with and they answer all of your questions quickly!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2015

Genesis went ABOVE and BEYOND to ensure our day was excellent!!! Even when we had some last minute table arrangements, they were able to make it work and ensure that our guests had a fabulous time! The food was EXCELLENT!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Jules · Married on 05/02/2015

It was a total pleasure dealing with Genesis Catering in the planning for our daughter's wedding. Our primary contact was Chad, but no matter who you spoke with whether it be Matt, Megan or any other staff member they were extremely helpful in every step of the process. The food that was prepared for the reception was extremely delicious and the service was outstanding and we received so many compliments from our guests. If we do another event there's no doubt my mind we would pick Genesis Catering.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Genesis Catering provided the dinner for my wedding earlier this year, and I'm still getting compliments about them months later! They were very reasonably priced, and the quality of their food was excellent! Everyone I worked with was very professional and helpful.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2014

The staff at Genesis were all so helpful and efficient. They really made our day run smoothly. The food was absolutely delicious and our guests were very impressed with the quality. Their rates made our wedding and reception so affordable that it truely was a stress free event. I would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2013

I just had Genesis cater my wedding reception on Nov 2nd. They did an absolute wonderful job! The food was amazing, the staff was professional, every thing was set up perfect. Several family members complimented me on how great the beef and chicken was! I LOVED how they plated the salads for my guest at the end of the buffet to save time at the buffet. Chad and Megan both were extremely helpful in any questions we had and were very friendly and professional. I’m so glad we chose Genesis to cater our reception. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/18/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2013

Wanted to thank everyone from Genesis Catering for doing an OUTSTANDING job at our daughters reception! It was held in the Moolah Shrine Oasis Room. Couldn't get over how beautiful everything was...it was even better than expected! As the parents, we were a little nervous, so we arrived early to make sure everything was ready and in place. When we walked in, I had tears in my eyes....they turned the room into an elegant ballroom with dimmed lights, beautiful chair covers w/black bows and tablecloths, candlelight and formally dressed staff running around making everything perfect! Chad was there all calm and with a big smile....he knew we would be pleased, and we were! The bartenders were all ready to pour us a cocktail and they too, were ready for the night! The BEST part of the evening is when our daughter, the bride walked in......she said, "Oh mom.....it's so BEAUTIFUL in here!" as she just gazed across the room looking at everything. That is all I wanted to know....I wanted to know that our daughter and her new husband loved what we found for them. Also, our cupcake lady was a bridesmaid, so Chad's staff put together a display of the cupcakes for us.....that was so appreciated, because we were stressing about how to get them there and set up. Anything that was coming our way, Chad made it work so that we could relax and enjoy the night! Did I mention the food? INCREDIBLE!! Everyone raved about the roast beef.....I am still craving it today, it was fabulous! The whole menu was superb and having the open bar was such a bonus! Thank you Chad and staff.....you are were so courteous to all our guests and so helpful through the evening, I can't tell you how grateful we are to all of you! You helped us give our daughter a beautiful memory that will last the rest of her life....thank you!!!!! Steve and Lisa Parker

Sent on 10/15/2013

Genesis was a great place to have our reception! I will be honest, I originally did not want my reception at a typical reception hall. After the powers that be (my parents) didn't give me much of a choice we found genesis. I was SO impressed with their ability to make the reception hall look and feel unique and individualized. They let me bring is so much and even set up the centerpieces for me! Megan in the office is always quick to get back to you and offers great recommendations for vendors. My breath was taken away when I walked in, the normally beautiful room was transformed into exactly what I wanted! And the food...WOW! Everyone in my bridal party got a second plate. I got more complements on the food and service than I ever thought possible! It's nice to know that my guests enjoyed it as much as I did!

Sent on 12/11/2013

I would recommend Genesis Catering to ANYONE!! It was absolutely the best experience that I could ever have dreamed of having. Chad was amazing and more than accommodating. I've actually already recommended Genesis to a friend and she's already booked for her wedding!!

Sent on 10/27/2013

We had our September 1st wedding at the Moolah Ballroom and I can not say enough about Chad and the whole staff! He is such an easygoing, amicable person to work with! There was nothing that we asked that he did not do for us, plus some extras. The food was good, staff was very professional and super courteous to all of our guests. People have been talking about how lovely everything was and I am sure they will continue! I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to Genesis and I am glad we chose them to make our day even more memorable! A+++++++++

Sent on 09/10/2013

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2013

I cannot possibly say enough good things about Genesis. Chad was AMAZING to work with - he answered every question we had during the planning thoroughly and always got back to us quickly. The food was outstanding and even picky eaters raved about how phenomenal the roast beef was! Special kudos to Genesis because one of my guests and I both have gluten allergies and they catered to our needs flawlessly. All of the Genesis staff went above and beyond the evening of our wedding to make sure that we were taken care of and that things went smoothly. Not a single detail was missed and they were beyond professional and kind to us, as well as to all of our guests. Genesis should be at the top of every bride's list - incredible value for the money and Chad truly made the planning as stress free as it could have been!

Sent on 08/18/2013

Veronica · Married on 07/20/2013

The food was delicious and the place was beautiful for our reception!

Sent on 08/04/2013
  • Dianna

Dianna · Married on 06/22/2013

When I was 14, my entire junior high class went out and celebrated at Genesis Catering's event venue. I remember the food being absolutely delicious, and even at that age, I had them in the back of my mind. 11 years later, I found myself going back to them for my wedding caterers! The food and staff service was excellent - we had so many of our friends and family come up to us during the reception telling us how impressed and delicious the food was. We held our wedding reception at a different location, but fortunately, the Genesis team knew exactly what to do there and was on their game the whole night. As well, when we needed anything answered or had a concern, Megan always responded in a quick manner and assured us not to worry. I definitely recommend them as your caterer, especially if you like delicious food and great service!

Sent on 07/13/2013

Sarah & Kyle · Married on 06/22/2013

The people at Genesis are such a pleasure to work with. They walk you through the entire reception process. They were all willing to make time for you to go over how you wanted things to be set up, when you wanted to eat, ect. The facility was beautiful, and the staff well dressed. The entire reception went AS PLANNED!!!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Jade · Married on 03/23/2013

Chad and his tem at Genesis were AMAZING!! We were looking for something very simple yet unforgettable and that's exactly what we got. The venue was perfect, music was excellent and everyone loved the food!! Chad always returned my phone calls and emails and was willing to help in any way possible!! Would totally reccomend!

Sent on 03/30/2013

Jade · Married on 03/23/2013

the food was amazing! we got so many compliments!

Sent on 05/13/2013
  • User2519948 · 2+ years ago

Genesis provided both the catering and the venue for my reception, at their main location. They were AMAZING! They were by far the lowest price per person that I found in the St. Louis area (17.95 per), and that was partially due to us getting married in an off season (March). They were incredibly helpful throughout the process, and they were also just so friendly and set me at ease. The food was very good, and we weren't able to try it before the actual reception. Great staff!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Abby · Married on 12/31/2012

Genesis Catering did my wedding at The Moolah Ballroom in Creve Coeur, MO. The food and venue were incredible! We got so many compliments on the delicious food and friendly staff. Chad Casalone was so easy to work with and he was extremely responsive. He found a way to make everything we wanted happen. I would highly recommend this venue and staff for any wedding day.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Genesis was my favorite vendor I worked with by far. They were very responsive to every email I sent (which any bride can appreciate). When it came to preparing for the big day - they were very helpful down to ever last detail and discussed everything with me.

Our reception was an outside catering event. Genesis did an awesome job at the reception. They did everything from the setup, food, cake cutting, etc. I had so many comments about how great our food was. I also enjoyed the food! Genesis did everything they said they would and more! I was speechless by how amazing of a job they did.

Sent on 10/12/2012