Gemini Event Planning Reviews

69 | Vail, CO

69 Reviews for Gemini Event Planning

69 Gemini Event Planning Reviews

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2018

By far the BEST wedding/party planner!! We absolutely could not have done it without Jeni! Jeni was always professional and friendly, yet kept us moving forward. She took time to listen and get to know us and was able to recommend incredible vendors that suited our tastes perfectly. She took the lead on EVERYTHING and managed all items in great detail to ensure our event was EXACTLY what we wanted. We had very busy schedules and Jeni was able to interface with our vendors and advocate on our behalf which was a huge benefit to us. Jeni takes great pride in her profession and worked tirelessly to make our event perfect. We could not provide a STRONGER RECOMMENDATION - use Jeni - this will be the BEST decision of all that you make!

Leah · Married on 08/10/2018

Where do I start!?! Jeni was easily the SMARTEST money we have ever spent. She saved us money on OTHER things when possible. She broke down all our tasks into easily manageable line items. She reminded us of due dates. She worked up ALL vendor contracts. She basically does EVERYTHING. She was so nice and personable. After all, said and done, I am now proud to call her our friend. We are forever grateful for everything she did. HIGHEST recommendation a person can give.

Gemini Event Planning 1

Kathleen · Married on 08/04/2018

If you are considering getting married in the Vail Valley - get on the phone and call Gemini ASAP - you NEED to snatch these ladies up quick. They are the best, hands down. They made our wedding experience perfection. From our first phone call to our final goodbye hug - it was pure magic. Thanks to Jenni & Meghan, our day was beyond our wildest dream - I think I am still sore from smiling so much the entire time (and sore from all the dancing!)

Elisabeth · Married on 08/04/2018

Jeni and the Gemini team made the wedding process seamless. I was so intimidated by all the things I needed to do, and Jeni broke it down into month-long "homework assignments" that seemed so small and do-able! By the time the wedding came around, I was prepared for the few things I needed to complete, but everything else was taken care of beautifully! Highly recommend!!!

Gemini Event Planning 2
    Gemini Event Planning 3
    Gemini Event Planning 4
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 07/28/2018

I would give 50 stars if I could, and another 50 to Jeni herself!
    tl;dr — Go pick up the phone, hire Gemini, work with Jeni and you will be in the absolute best of hands!!!

I’m not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that Jeni MADE our wedding — she’d deny it because she is simply the nicest, humblest and most down-to-earth bad*** in the industry, but it’s true.

In the beginning there were vendor recommendations, and Jeni made sure we were fully exploring our options and choosing a rock-star team. She always gave her honest opinion and did extra research on our behalf.

Up next there were contracts. Endless contracts, and endless payments. Jeni went over every contract with a fine-toothed comb, bubbled up any questions or concerns to me and my mom, and make sure we signed everything on time. She also helped us put together a payment tracker, and helped us work with vendors to sort out payment schedules that worked for us.

As we got further along in the planning process, Jeni started putting together our ‘wedding worksheet’ — the grand masterplan for the weekend. I’m pretty type-A, so this was one of my favorite documents: everything color-coded, in one place, and frequently updated :)

I could go on about her rock solid organization leading up to the event for DAYS but let’s jump ahead to our wedding weekend…

Jeni CRUSHED it. From the minute we arrived in Vail, we felt taken care of. She picked up LOADS of decorations/favors/paper goods, etc. from our house, made sure everything got where it needed to go, crafted a last minute rain plan, brought us coffee in the morning when we realized we didn’t have any, made sure everything was executed to perfection up at our reception venue, plus a million other things I can’t even remember, and probably a million more I didn’t even know about!! She was basically our fairy godmother, and made our wedding day more perfect and beautiful than I could ever imagine!!

Thank you x1000000!!!!

Georgia · Married on 07/28/2018

Jeni Pletcher is hands down the most amazingly supportive and helpful partner we could have asked for on this journey that was my daughter’s wedding. I live in New York City, my daughter and her now husband live in Denver, and the wedding took place in Vail. Needless to say, I felt like I had boots-on-the ground the entire time - really capable ones. Jeni kept us on track in a way that never felt rushed or overwhelming. She was a constant calming and reassuring voice and she was there with us every step of the way. She understood our vision and she did everything in her capacity to help make it happen. Nothing was ever too much for her and she honestly made it look easy (from our end!) Having Jeni in your corner is like having a team of five people. I honestly don’t know how she does it, but she is nothing short of a miracle and I am grateful beyond to have met her. She is so much more than a ‘wedding plannner’ . . . She truly cares about making your wedding as special as it should be and she does that with grace, fortitude and an truly giving heart.

Bria · Married on 07/20/2018

We could not have asked for a better wedding planner than Jeni Pletcher and Gemini Events! She is absolutely fantastic and was crucial in helping bring together the greatest wedding, and weekend, ever. I remember when we first started planning and decided to work with Jeni, she gave us this calendar of all the small decisions we needed to make month-by-month. At that point, I knew we had made the right choice to hire a wedding planner, and Jeni specifically! Since I grew up in Vail, I thought my family had a good sense of the wedding vendors available to us, but Jeni brought so many new ideas to the table about how we could support local businesses AND have a stunning wedding. Gemini helped us stay on budget, on our timeline, and most importantly, kept planning fun for everyone! So many of our wedding party have commented that Jeni ran the best wedding they’d ever been to (which says a lot…our wedding party has been to hundreds of weddings put together) from the wedding rehearsal to getting ready to navigating the stress of a last minute rain storm at an outdoor wedding. You will not regret your choice to work with Jeni and Gemini Events on your Vail wedding! - Bria and Robbie Lee

• Erin

Erin Leach · Married on 07/15/2018

Couldn't have done it without Jeni and her team!

I can't even describe how wonderful and EASY our wedding day was! Jeni did such a fantastic job helping us plan our perfect day! What mattered to us was to make our day stress free and fun...and we couldn't have done that without Jeni's help! We planed our wedding in Vail, Colorado while living in Las Vegas. And myself never living in the Vail Valley before (my husband is from there), I didn't know where to start for vendors. Jeni recommended some perfect people to help us with photography, cake, flowers, the venue, lodging...and when you are trying to get family in from out of town, that makes all the difference in the world to have that off your plate as a bride! Everything was exactly how we imagined and we can't recommend Jeni and Gemini Event Planning enough!

Gemini Event Planning 5
    Gemini Event Planning 6
    Gemini Event Planning 7
    Gemini Event Planning 8

Holly · Married on 06/30/2018

Of all the expenses that come with a wedding this was the best money we spent! I can not overstate the value of the service provided by Jeni and the team at Gemini Event Planning. We hired Gemini as we needed local experts and were connected to an array of wonderful vendors that suited our taste and budget. Working with Jeni was a dream. Her organization, positivity, calm nature and pure joy in participating in the planning for our wedding made this experience one we will always remember with a smile. She became like family as she celebrated and shared in this momentous event with all of us. It was a bit sad to say goodbye at the end. I will definitely call upon them again should either of my next two daughters choose to be married in the Vail Valley.

Stacy · Married on 06/24/2018

Where do we even start with Jeni and Gemini Events? She's just so amazing! From the very beginning, she heard out all of our thoughts and got to know more about who we are on a personal level. Jeni took time to understand the vision of our wedding from arrival of the first guest through the send-off brunch. She connected us with the A-team of vendors, who also shared our same vision, and she always communicated professionally and timely, which really reassured us coming from out of state. Jeni kept us organized and on-track with great timelines, tools, and spreadsheets throughout the planning process. We constantly felt a deep level of trust with Jeni, such that we never worried about something going wrong or any details getting missed. The wedding day itself went off flawlessly, thanks to Jeni and her team, and we couldn't be happier with the level of excellence, hospitality, and grace we felt from her and were able to share with our guests. We constantly felt like Jeni was a part of our team - and really, now more a part of our family!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2018

Simply put, Jennifer Pletcher at Gemini Events is incredible. As I bask in the afterglow of what was truly the wedding of my dreams, it's hard to put into words just what a difference Jeni made. The level of communication and support she offered in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, to her meticulous attention to detail and professionalism on the day-of was world class. Going into wedding planning I was 100% skeptical that spending the money on a coordinator was worth it, because I was feeling like, 'what is there to coordinate?' The answer is SO MUCH you guys, so. much. to. coordinate. From the expert execution of our wedding timeline, to coordinating timelines with every vendor, picking up BOXES of decorations from Bachelor Gulch, executing tablescapes and seating charts, keeping us relaxed and on time throughout the night, and ensuring our glasses were always full and our hearts happy... Jeni delivered on every front!

My husband and I are from Austin, TX so choosing the top of Beaver Creek Mountain (ceremony) and Saddleridge (reception) meant undertaking a destination wedding from a few states away. I am very type A and had a clear and concise vison of EXACTLY what I wanted, so handing that over to someone was difficult, but Jeni navigated the day with the grace of a planner that had thrown a wedding there a dozen times over... and if there were any hiccups along the way, I certainly didn't notice. If you're someone like me who has a clear vision for your wedding but needs someone to help execute all the intricacies on the big day, you can rest assured that Jeni will nail it.

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't do a thing differently, and I know it's in large part because I picked the perfect groom and a stellar vendor team that included Jeni/Gemini Events. If you're planning your wedding and considering Gemini as your "day-of," you can check that item off your list.

NANCY · Married on 06/23/2018

Dear Brides to Be,

I am the mother of the bride and had the amazing privilege of working with Jennifer at Gemini Event Planning to orchestrate my daughter's wedding into a dream wedding. Jennifer can best be described as a "wedding dream maker." The title of wedding planner does not do justice to what she was able to accomplish for the Byrd/MacMaster Wedding in Beaver Creek, Colorado on June 23, 2018. A dream maker is someone that will support, assist, and promote the personal dreams of another. And that is just what she did for my daughter Elizabeth and her groom Max. Jennifer listened to our ideas, budgetary concerns, answered our questions in a timely manner, and came up with a workable plan to accomplish extraordinary results. Dream makers allow creativity to soar. They are visionaries. Jennifer took our ideas and ran with them. She was the wind in our sail and demonstrated calmness during my anxious moments. Her practical optimism ensured us that any challenges we met could be overcome. On the morning of the wedding I woke up and knew that Gemini would be there to coordinate the perfect wedding day. Jennifer showed up on time with a huge smile and I was so glad to see her! A fascinating wedding unfolded and I congratulated myself for entrusting her to handle the most important day of my daughter's life. Did I mention that I totally got to enjoy myself? That was the big bonus!

Warmest thanks,
    Nancy Byrd

Kandis · Married on 06/17/2018

Even with the rainy weather, our wedding in Vail was absolutely perfect thanks to Jeni at Gemini Event Planning! My husband and I were living in Houston during a majority of the planning, so it was difficult for us to meet with vendors, etc. After being referred by a friend to Gemini, we had our initial phone call with Jeni and Meg and immediately knew we were in good hands. I would not have been able to get through the planning process without Jeni! She was by our side every step of the way, and I am so thankful for her. She understood our vision and personalities and referred us to vendors who were a perfect match for us! Jeni is always positive; she knew exactly how to calm me down when I was feeling stressed. She talked me through ideas and provided suggestions but was never pushy; she made sure that we had the best wedding day possible. I’m grateful for Jeni and the amazing wedding experience that Gemini provided!

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2018

Congratulations! You’re engaged! Now go contact Jeni at Gemini Events!
    Initially I didn’t know if I needed a wedding planner. But in only 9 months Jeni delivered the very best vendors and the most “epic” wedding, also referred to as “the wedding of the century” by our guests. We could have never conceived nor implemented this endeavor on our own. Jeni is remarkable- you want her incredible skill set and strong relationships on your side. She’s not just a wedding planner she’s become a dear friend. I enjoyed a destination wedding beyond my wildest dreams and was more relaxed than I’ve been in a long time! Thank you endlessly for everything, Jeni!!!

Maria · Married on 12/16/2017

My daughter wanted a destination wedding in Beaver Creek while living in Florida. As mother of the bride this seemed like a very difficult task being that we are so far away. After speaking to several planners were were blessed to come across Gemini Event Planning. Meg was very nice and said Jennifer would be contacting us soon. When Jennifer called my daughter and I knew right then and there she was godsend!!!! There was an immediate wonderful connection, we knew we'd found the "one" and that we wouldn't have to look any further. She was never pushy, she always made sure she understood exactly what my daughter wanted then went above and beyond to help us make her vision a reality. Weddings have a lot of moving parts but Jennifer gave us total confidence and peace of mind that everything would be smooth and that everything would be taken care of. She brought expertise and positive energy to the planning process. She knew our vendors, kept timelines and was very much on top of all the details making sure nothing was missed or overlooked. Jennifer takes pride in her job, she makes sure she's available to answer any questions throughout the entire process. We never felt hurried or pressured, my daughter and I always felt at peace after talking to her. At times when we'd feel somewhat overwhelmed and on the verge of a meltdown she always knew what to say to make us feel at ease and that she had it all under control. The best part wasn't that she'd just say it, she really did have it all under control. We know we couldn't have done it without her! We started off as clients and now we can call her a friend! We are thrilled with the work she did and we'd gladly recommend her to anyone!!! A wedding planner is definitely money well spent!

Tayler · Married on 09/01/2017

We ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Gemini team. They did a wonderful job of taking care of all the obstacles with wedding planning big and small. They went above and beyond to make sure that we got to enjoy not only our wedding day, but the entire wedding week. They took care of problems before we even knew about them and they allowed us to enjoy a care free wedding day and trip! We would recommend them to anyone!!!

Kristine · Married on 08/05/2017

We LOVED getting to work alongside this team. My husband and I are actually wedding videographers that have worked with our share of coordinators. It's not very common that we spend a portion of our drive home talking about how amazing the coordinating team is, but we did with this team. Their attention to detail was so great and the fact that they were always around when someone (us or guests!) needed them was so amazing, but the most notable thing to us was their readiness to be helpful for anyone. You would think that this "readiness to help" is a notable thing from all coordinators, but this team just felt so much more like they were one step ahead of everything happening and always willing to be helpful for everyone day-of. We just loved that so much!

Allison · Married on 08/05/2017

5 star experience all around. From recommending vendors to running point on the day-of logistics, the Gemini team was terrific. They kept me from worrying about the things I wasn't (but probably should have been) thinking about because I knew we would tackle it together when the moment came.

Ashley · Married on 06/03/2017

Meg and Jeni at Gemini Event Planning were absolutely amazing and worth every penny. We hired Gemini Event Planning to do "day-of" planning and they went above and beyond helping us coordinate the whole weekend, complete with activities lists, restaurant and bar suggestions, etc. Both Meg and Jeni were professional in organizing, running the rehearsal and day off, including fixing mini issues along the way such as my veil falling off, people running late, and general "herding the cats & keeping the peace" between multiple divorced families. The level of relaxation, ease and peace of mind they gave me that weekend is something I would highly recommend to everyone!

Lindsay · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I recently got married in Vail and have nothing but positive things to say about the Gemini Event Planning team. I wish I could give them more stars! I am from Vail and knew exactly where I wanted the wedding and what I wanted, but when it came to the month of and day of coordination, I knew we needed help. We interviewed a few planners, but loved the way Meg and Meaghan assured us of how detail oriented they were and how that it was their process that would make our wedding a success! My big thing was that I wanted our family and wedding party to be able to enjoy the wedding and not worry about the little things. I work in marketing so plan events in the Bay Area on a regular basis, and I was floored by the level of detail and how they took control of everything and anything. March 25th was the best day of our lives and I owe a lot of it to them because I would not have been able to enjoy it to the level I did if they had not been there! I only wish I could get married every weekend and have them leading the charge!

Michael · Married on 09/21/2016

Meg is truly the best in the business. She is extremely responsive, accountable, and organized and most of all fun to work with. She got us from the start, and understood what we were looking for without trying too hard to push her own ideas (even though she has great ones!). What made us even more impressed was her knowledge of how to pull off a wedding anywhere in Vail Valley, and her amazingly high quality connections in that community. She's a pro, there's really no other way to put it. Thank you Meg! Mike and Claire

Alexandra · Married on 09/06/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Gemini Event Planning and can’t thank them enough for making our wedding better than I could have ever dreamed of. We planned our wedding for over a year and a half, and from the initial planning, to making our dream a reality, to the invaluable execution the day of the wedding - Meg and her team went above and beyond, and we couldn’t have done it without them. The amount of time and care Meg put into our special day made us feel like we were Gemini's only wedding (which was definitely not the case)! Meg provided inspired direction, creative ideas, and organizational mastery, while simultaneously dealing my mom and me for 20 months! I feel lucky to have worked with such a phenomenal wedding planner and to have made a lifelong friend in the process! We enjoyed every minute of the wedding planning process with Meg and her team, and our wedding was perfect in every detail; we have Meg to thank for that.

Claire · Married on 09/03/2016

After interviewing multiple wedding planners in the Denver/Summit County/Vail area, my fiancé and I were lucky enough to find Gemini Event Planning. We met with Meg for coffee and immediately knew she was the planner for us. Not only is she super cool (she mountain bikes and skis when she isn't planning weddings), she is the absolute BEST at what she does. Meg is incredibly detailed oriented and is extremely well connected in the area. We utilized the Ritz Carlton as our host hotel including a welcome bbq/brunch, married at the Beaver Creek Wedding Deck and had our reception at Beano's Cabin. Without Meg, we never would have been able to keep things straight between all of the different contacts and wouldn't have known where to begin to coordinate all of the details. Meg worked with us every step of the way and is a natural at keeping things fun - you know it is a good sign when you are laughing after each call! My husband and I both started new careers, got a puppy and bought a house while planning our wedding and Meg was very accommodating to our busy schedules. She was a pro at addressing any questions or concerns we had, and eased our worries about the unpredictable weather in Colorado by having plans A through Z. I loved the detailed timeline she created and the weekend itinerary provided to our wedding party and families was a life saver. Our wedding weekend turned out to be everything we dreamed it to be and I can't thank Meg enough for taking the weight off of our shoulders so we could enjoy every moment of the celebration!!

Marie · Married on 09/03/2016

Meg was an absolute joy to work with!

lee · Married on 08/27/2016

Meg was SUCH a positive presence in our wedding weekend, and especially in my experience as the bride. I don’t know how I would have planned this destination wedding without her. We are from Kansas City and we had our wedding in Beaver Creek. We needed a planner we could trust while planning from afar. Meg took care of us! She knows Beaver Creek and the surrounding area like no one else! I always knew I could trust her recommendations, and this made the planning process SO much easier! I cannot rave enough about Meg and the vendors she helped me book for our wedding day. They truly made us feel so special and made the whole day flow so easily. I felt like Meg personally knew everyone we came in contact with, and they kept telling us “Meg is GREAT!” and “you are so lucky to have Meg”. And they were right! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Meg, for making this process fun, easy, and streamlined. We love you!