Gavin Wade Photographers Reviews

Gavin Wade Photographers 3
Gavin Wade Photographers 4

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2009

Gavin & Erin,
    First off, you two are absolutely incredible artists and a wonderful couple to be around. The photos you took are breathtaking and your words were far too kind. Thank you for the time and effort you put in to making our first anniversary as special as it is.

With that said, I went into this photo shoot feeling as if it was almost a favor to Stephanie. She LOVES getting dressed up and taking pictures and I have had to listen to her talking about how badly she wanted more pictures than what we already have! At the time of the photo shoot I was relieved to finally give her what she had been dreaming about all this time. However my experience with you two was so great, I found myself enjoying every minute of the shoot. I had a great time and as if that wasn't good enough, then I saw the pictures! They are amazing, beautiful and most importantly capture Stephanie's and my love for each other in the purest way. I have actually enjoyed looking at the pictures (that doesn't happen often) and they have brought tears to Stephanie's eyes (literally). The scariest part about it though: I find myself wondering when would be the best time to pop the question; When's the next shoot?

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!
    Ryan & Stephanie

Sent on 07/28/2010

Christopher · Married on 08/31/2014

I am one of those impossible fiances/husbands. Here was my initial take: "Why must we have a professional photographer? We're spending HOW much? Can't we just have my buddy's photographer wife manage this? Everyone will be taking pics - lets just leverage theirs".
    Boy am I an ass - and boy was I wrong. Gavin and Erin were amazing. The pictures are amazing. We can't put a price on the amount of joy our parents have had in going through the portfolio. Julie's (my wife) dad had a cup of coffee as a professional photographer - he can't stop raving.
    And the husband/wife duo of Gavin and Erin are perfection. Yin and Yang. They did our engagement photos - which we love so much. Erin captured everything as Julie prepped for the ceremony, and Gavin captured the good parts of me fighting the very idea of being photographed in the first place.
    They were assertive when required, and subtle when appropriate. We were just so super pleased to have gone with them - the output was quite something. Hooray!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Chandley · Married on 03/26/2016

We used Gavin and Erin for both our engagement and wedding photography, and it was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process! They are true professionals who care about what they do and will go to great lengths to please their clients. We were pretty indecisive about a lot of things, but they took everything in stride and adjusted to what we needed. The photos all turned out amazing with a quick turnaround time, and their file-sharing service is super convenient. We can't wait to come up with another reason to get photographed to utilize their services again!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Sara · Married on 11/22/2014

Gavin and Erin, a husband and wife team, are amazing! Finding a great photographer was really important to us, since that's really what you have left after the wedding forever - the pictures. We took a few meetings before meeting with Gavin and Erin, and clicking immediately. My husband and I aren't always very comfortable in front of the camera, and we shared these concerns with Gavin and Erin, who responded kindly and told us they had tricks to help put us at ease on the day of. Boy were they right! Throughout the day they made us laugh and kept us comfortable through the many photos. They are just fun to be around!

The quality of their work is incredible. We could tell from the first meeting that they are true professionals who value their craft and work hard at perfecting it. We got our engagement photos back and our jaws just about hit the floor. They were beautiful, and we felt they made us look great! The wedding photos are even more stunning. Not only did they take the traditional portraits beautifully, but they captured so many fun non-staged memories throughout the reception. We were so impressed by the way they were so non-intrusive about taking pictures, but somehow they were always there to capture those spontaneous moments.

Having a husband and wife team was also a huge advantage - not only did they seem to have their own "language" that allowed them to communicate quickly and get the pictures done really efficiently, but they were also able to split up on the morning of, with Erin hanging out with me and my bridesmaids and Gavin hanging out with my husband and his groomsmen. This helped speed everything along big time.

Our wedding was probably a bit of a challenge for them, because it was at 11am so the light was really bright. But you would never know it from the pictures. They still turned out crisp and clear, with amazing color.

We spent a good chunk of our budget on photography, but it was absolutely worth it for these guys!Thanks G&E!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Emily · Married on 06/17/2012

Gavin and Erin are amazing! We had so much fun with them. They take the opportunity to get to know their clients through an engagement session. We were able to tell them what we did/didn't like about those pictures, and they incorporated it into the wedding day. Our pictures are absolutely stunning. They got so many perfectly candid moments as well. For the quality of their work, their prices aren't bad. And we got our pictures in just 3 weeks on the coolest little flashdrive! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Laurie · Married on 10/02/2015

Gavin and his assistant did a remarkable job with photographing our wedding. It was a small wedding (75 people) so I was remiss that there weren't more photos of our guests at the reception but luckily a friend took lots of those for us. Almost all the essential photos were there though so overall we are happy with them. I had hoped for some more scenic photos since I loved the setting of our venue but there were only a few. That being said, our photos were absolutely beautiful and when I looked through them I was amazed at how many priceless moments were captured.

The photobooth he supplied was beautiful and elegant but if I had to do it over again I'd choose a closed in one that printed out the photos to the guests on the spot. It's just kind of a pain to have to distribute them to our guests afterward via the email link. And I wasn't aware that we were supposed to supply our own props until a couple days before the wedding which added stress to an already stressful time but luckily Gavin saved the day and brought some himself.

Gavin was a great person to work with and had lots of energy throughout the day. I am very glad we chose him for the job.

Sent on 10/27/2015