Gavin Wade Photographers Reviews

Gavin Wade Photographers 2
Gavin Wade Photographers 3
Gavin Wade Photographers 4

Eric and Lisa · Married on 11/09/2013

We hired Gavin and Erin to shoot our wedding at the La Venta Inn this past November 9th. Prior to hiring anyone, we had interviewed several photographers and did a Skype session with Gavin and Erin. After that Skype session we knew they were the photographers for us. Even through Skype their radiant personalities shine through and we instantly felt comfortable. My wife was a little nervous about being the focus of all those pictures and they completely put her at ease.

The wedding day came off without a hitch. Gavin and Erin work as this incredible team. It's almost like they can hear each others thoughts as they're shooting. They're quick and efficient, but take the time needed to get that perfect shot. We were fighting daylight and they worked so hard to make sure we got all we could out of the fading sunset.

Finally, after receiving the pictures they took, we realized the proof really is in the pudding. The pictures are amazing. Just beautiful. In the wedding world, I now know, there's only a few things you keep after all is said and done... and your pictures are the most precious. We are so glad we entrusted that task to Gavin and Erin. They're great photographers, qualified and responsible and talented... but they're also really good PEOPLE. For anything we do, we like to hire people who feel like family. Gavin and Erin most certainly feel like family. We can't recommend them more.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Gavin and Erin are absolutely amazing! They did such a great job of capturing our wedding just the way we wanted to remember it! They are great at getting back to you right away, answer any questions you may have, and are overall amazing and inspiring people. They were such a pleasure to work with and I hope that they will be able to capture any other special moments we have down the road. Thank you both for helping to make our special day so special! We love you guys!

Sent on 12/10/2013

Marie · Married on 09/28/2013

Gavin and Erin are a remarkable team that captured some amazing photos of our day that I will forever cherish. Between their balance of capturing the emotions and the details, you would be VERY excited if they are available on your wedding day. Erin was even a good sport when she was injured from the Greek Dancing and plate breaking part of our reception...Sorry Erin! Thank you both again for capturing oour memories. xoxoxo

Sent on 10/07/2013
  • I

Ian · Married on 08/25/2013

After researching several photographers, we decided to go with Gavin and Erin because of their professionalism, kindness, and most importantly, TALENT! One quick look at their website will show the amazing beauty that they capture for their clients weddings and engagement sessions, but it doesn't stop there.

Gavin and Erin (a husband and wife team) are such warm, passionate individuals and it is very clear that they LOVE what they do which shines through with every customer. Erin also helped calm my wife down during a period of high anxiety prior to our wedding...we will never forget how she said "hippo" every time my wife was nervous which made her laugh without fail. We strongly recommend hiring Gavin Wade photography for your wedding as they will provide breathtaking photos and a warmth unlike any vendor I've ever worked with.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Ben · Married on 07/13/2013

Gavin and Erin are as good as advertised. They are professional, responsive, creative, and are just plain good people. Oh, and they take incredible photographs too. From our engagement photos, to the wedding day, to the time they have spent helping us prepare albums, we were nothing but impressed.

If you are in the market for a photographer, do yourself a favor -- hire Gavin and Erin and rest easy. It's the easiest wedding planning decision you will make.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Katie · Married on 06/29/2013

We met Gavin and Erin through a friend that used them for their wedding. They are so personable and it was a blast working with them at engagement session and at our wedding. They captured all the memorial moments perfectly as well as all the details that I forgot to enjoy during our special day. It is so nice to see a husband and wife couple with so much love for each other and so much passion for what they do. We would recommend Gavin and Erin to anyone not only for a wedding but for any family photo shoot.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Linda · Married on 06/10/2013

I knew from the start of my wedding planning that a good photographer was crucial. I researched for many hours, mainly from pinterest, and found that I liked the pictures from Gavin Wade. To my surprise, they shoot wedding at my venue, a LOT, and was also highly recommended by our venue. I contacted Gavin and received email response within a day along with several wedding coverage from my venue. From the samples he provided, it was exactly the style I was looking for. All the photos were consistently natural, romantic, classic, and definitely something that can create a lifetime memory.

For our first chat, I had a list of questions and concerns. (The list can easily be found online), Gavin patiently answered all of the questions I had. Doing our due diligence, we had to look a few more choices just to compare. We found that many of them weren't quite experienced to shoot at our venue, the quality and the style just doesn't come close to Gavin's photos. Moreover, their price isn't so much lower than Gavin's quote. Going over our budget, and knowing that photographer is one thing that we didn't want to skimp on, we decided to book Gavin for our wedding.

Just within a couple weeks after our wedding, we got all of our photos from Gavin and Erin. The photos were stunning and we got so much compliments on them! Their photos were very consistent with the ones that were shown to us earlier and all the shots that we talked about were there! We couldn't be happier. We just wish that we could of booked them for more hours. Although their pricing was on the high end of our budget but I must say that it was money well spent. We had to forgo the videographer but we don't regret it a bit. Thanks Gavin and Erin!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Michael · Married on 06/01/2013

My wife and I can't recommend Gavin and Erin more! They came on board last minute and saved our whole wedding from falling apart. From the minute we met during the engagement session we knew they would be perfect to work with on the wedding day! Gavin and Erin are super fast and professional, very flexible and the images are flawless! We saw so many moments in our photos that we didn't even realize had happened during the day of the wedding!!! Thanks Gavin and Erin for your awesome work!

Sent on 07/24/2013
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 05/18/2013

From the Groom: What can I say, the instant we saw Gavin and Erin's portfolio we knew they were perfect for us and we couldn't have been more right. Not only are they amazing photographers, they are also amazing people and a joy to be around. We're definitely going to keep in touch and hopefully in the near future we'll be scheduling a maternity shoot ;) - Ralph

From the Bride: I learned about Gavin Wade Photographers on the suggested vendor list provided to me by our venue La Venta Inn. As soon as I logged on to their website and blog I was absolutely *IN LOVE* with their work. I thought their photography is exactly how I want our wedding day captured. Beautiful candid shots of the lovely, emotional moments that occur during the ceremony, close up shots of all the little details you spend so much of your wedding planning journey stressing over (guilty!) and man, do they make you look good! Seriously, I think everyone in our wedding party loved the way they looked in the photos! hehe After we had our first meeting with them at a Panera Bread café, we knew they were the ones that would capture our special day.

Our engagement session was the first time we worked together. It was such a great experience. We were a little timid at first but they made us both feel at ease and even brought out our inner supermodel. haha Once the wedding rolled around we knew more or less how to pose and cuddle for the camera and they were able to capture 900+ UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS in what felt like a breeze to us.

In short, we love the way both our photography sessions turned out. Gavin and Erin are genuinely good, talented, professional people and you should most definitely hire them to capture any special moment in your life, I know we will! :) - Diana

Sent on 06/18/2013

Susan · Married on 04/14/2013

Gavin and Erin are absolutely amazing. They are understanding, patient, attentive, professional and provide the best customer service, in addition to being extremely responsive! Their passion for what they do is evident the moment you meet with them and translates in their work.They have the ability to capture the most genuine moments and make you feel completely at ease.

Every interaction with Gavin and Erin was wonderful and they were very quick to respond to any questions we had. They are very organized, diligent with follow up, well prepared, and punctual. They made sure they knew what our wedding time line looked like and kept us on track with the time line on the day of our wedding. They are extremely respectful and a complete joy to work with! I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful Gavin and Erin are.

They are one of the kindest and most lovable couples you will meet and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Katie · Married on 03/30/2013

Gavin and Erin are seriously THE BEST. We heard of their services through word of mouth, actually at a venue we didn't even end up booking. I, the bride, am VERY picky with photos and absolutely fell in love with the style of their work.

At first, my fiance' and I were sticking with a very tight and strict buget because we were paying for the wedding photography on our own. We hired them for our engagement party photos and were instantly hooked! Knowing how important these photos would be in our lives, we ended up booking Gavin and Erin for EVERY event leading up to the wedding. From the engagement party, engagement session, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding!! We absolutely love these two and are sad we won't see them as often as we have throughout the past year.

The quality of their work is just the beginning because Gavin and Erin are so easy to talk to, they make you feel comfortable when shooting, and are so professional with how they handle their company. My family and friends are even in love with their work and will be hiring them for future family shoots :) My husband and I now live in Utah and will STILL be using them for our future family photos.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hire them....you will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Mary · Married on 12/09/2012

Gavin and Erin are awesome! I was pleasantly surprise by their professionalism, helpfulness and quality of service. Erin is more than a photographer, she reminds me about little things just to make sure that I look great.I really appreciate that she took such great care of me! ^o^

Gavin was great at capturing the moments with my photo-shy husband. I am really happy that both Gavin and Erin were so flexible and creative when it comes to working around our delayed schedule.They coordinated so well as a professional team and couple!

Thank you once again, Gavin and Erin for capturing those happiest moments in our lives and creating beautiful memories through pictures that we can touch and keep!Wish you guys all the best!

We highly recommend hiring Gavin and Erin! :)

Sent on 01/31/2013

Valerie & Jamie · Married on 10/27/2012

Gavin and Erin Wade were our incredible photographers at our wedding in Pasadena, CA (Ambassador Mansions and Gardens). They are warm, friendly, professional and extremely talented photographers who have all the knowledge and fancy equipment one could ask for to capture their most special day.

We purchased their basic wedding package and added additional time during our wedding day. The engagement photo session included in this package adds tremendous value. During our engagement session in Laguna Beach, Gavin and Erin provided us with helpful and easy to understand directions on how to stand, position our head, arms, etc. in a way that felt comfortable and natural. It was so much fun and very romantic! Most importantly, it prepared us for our wedding day.

Our wedding and engagement photos are amazing! Friends, family and even people we don’t know have complimented us on them. We look like ourselves, but ourselves at our absolute best. We were so impressed with Gavin and Erin’s ability to capture such special moments in our lives - even in the toughest lighting situations.

Gavin and Erin work fluidly together and compliment each other brilliantly. They shoot together, but work from different angles or with different lenses to ensure that nothing will be missed. It is absolutely incredible to watch them.

We could not have been happier with our choice to have Gavin and Erin as our wedding and engagement photographers. We highly recommend them and look forward to having them as our photographers for other significant events in our lives.

- Valerie & Jamie Krog

Sent on 02/25/2013

Gavin and Erin were awesome! They're like family now. They were very communicative and worked great together. They were very open to suggestion and listened to our ideas. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/13/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2012

My Fiancé and I were engaged for almost two years. That left a lot of time for me to plan every little detail of our wedding. I did A LOT of research on all of our vendors, but I knew that along with the venue itself...the photographer was the most important additional to our wedding day. Gavin and Erin's artistic ability to capture all of the emotions of the wedding day in EVERY photo is truly what sets them apart from anyone else. There really is no comparison to the work that these two amazing photographers do (P.S.-they are the most fun and adorable husband/wife team that I have ever met!). Our wedding was a destination wedding- which is not an easy task when it comes to planning all of the details from afar. Gavin & Erin were both extremely responsive throughout the planning process. They always answered emails quickly, took the time to speak over the phone whenever I had questions, and they were always SO POSITIVE and REASSURING! They were not only very professional, but also so much fun on our wedding day. All of our guests were talking about what an amazing duo these two were. Less than a week after our wedding, we already had all of our wedding photos!!! Every picture was breathtaking. I was able to re-live the whole evening while going through each photo. I would highly recommend Gavin and Erin to family, friends, and perfect strangers! I hope that my husband and I have the pleasure of working with them again in the future. Thank you Gavin & Erin, for capturing the happiest day of our lives together in photos that we will have forever!
    ~Amanda & Joe

Sent on 09/23/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 08/25/2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE our photos!!

We actually found out about Gavin and Erin from viewing an album they did from a previous wedding at our wedding venue while still trying to scope out wedding sites. The album was flawless, so we just had to meet them. From the moment we met Gavin and Erin, we knew there was something special about this duo. Their engaging and outgoing personalities made it easy for us to share our vision with them. So it was done.... we booked them and never looked back :)
    Our engagement session went great! I was a little worried because sometimes I can be a little awkward to photograph (with posing and such), but Gavin and Erin made the environment so natural and comfortable I discovered my inner model:) Not to mention the venue they suggested for us photographed beautifully!
    When it came time for our wedding day, we had no worries about Gavin and Erin's abilities. To make a long story short, our photos came out gorgeous and, truthfully, I can't stop looking at them! You know your photographers are good when your parents are raving about not only how great the photos came out, but also about their kind souls.

So YES we would recommend their services to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Mya · Married on 08/23/2012

I had my wedding last month and used Gavin Wade Photographers.

We first met Gavin and Erin on the day of our engagement shoot, and they are wonderful people with incredible talent. They got to know us and made us feel comfortable. These two are also an amazing team and work really well together. The pictures of both our engagement and wedding came out above and beyond our expectations.

On the wedding day, the whole bridal party and I had so much fun hanging out and taking pictures with Erin in the bridal suite. It seems that my hubby and his groomsmen had a great time too getting their pictures taken by Gavin. They are both very good at taking pictures in the moments when our true emotions show, and our happiness and excitement was captured in pictures throughout the day. Not only that they took beautiful pictures of our wedding, Erin came to the rescue when I had my wardrobe disaster. When the bustle loop of my dress broke, Erin safety pinned it so I could go on and enjoy the rest of the night. She is a bride's best friend.

We had so much fun at the wedding, and thanks to Gavin and Erin, we now have the pictures for the memories of it. I will recommend these two to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Allison · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I could not have been happier with Gavin and Erin and their work! They were professional from beginning to end, worked within our budget, and were just delightful to work with. After spending time with them during our engagement session, working with them on our wedding day was like being with family. Their enthusiasm and expertise put us completely at ease to enjoy our wedding day.

They work so well as a team as well as individually to get great photographs. I loved having Erin with all of us girls as we got ready. She helped with some wedding dress crises last minute, knowing how to use baby wipes to remove flower pollen from white satin and how to zip up a dress and keep it from falling off when a hook came detached from my dress. What a lifesaver!

Gavin meanwhile was with my husband snapping shots of him and all the groomsmen. When the groomsmen were pulled away for other duties, Gavin was joking around with Duncan as they took pictures making him feel more relaxed before the ceremony.

They did an incredible job of photographing our day. The pictures are lovely and they really captured the qualities being expressed such as the joy of our families, the excitement of the bridesmaids, the love and enthusiasm of my husband and I. I can't get over how well their pictures show our personalities and our dynamic as a couple.

I just love these two and their work! Our wedding was the third time I had worked with them as they photographed two other weddings in which I was a bridesmaid. They are so good to each of their clients and I have been raking my brain trying to think of engaged friends to whom I can refer Gavin and Erin so I can see them again!

Four thumbs up (that's two from my husband and two from me!)

Sent on 09/03/2012

Matt & Renee · Married on 06/23/2012

Gavin and Erin Wade not only made our wedding day wonderful, they have made the memories of the best day of our lives live on in the most beautiful photographs. They both are the kindest and warm people who instantly make your feel comfortable and at ease. Our engagement photos were in a very public setting and they were so great to make it feel like it was just us- we had the best time! The entire process from our engagement photos to the wedding day was such a joy with Gavin and Erin.

They truly have a light that comes from them, and makes its way into their work. It is so easy to tell that photography is their passion, and that being able to share that with each other as husband and wife makes it even better. What else could be more perfect for being wedding photographers?

Everyone is so complimentary of our photographs and how amazingly beautiful they are! They truly captured our day perfectly. Thank you Erin and Gavin- we can't imagine that day without you two! I'm sure that we will see plenty of you in the future as I am recommending you to all of my friends getting married!

Sent on 08/23/2012
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 06/09/2012

We contacted Gavin and Erin after getting a referral from our venue. Gavin was immediately responsive and we talked on the phone for a while before setting a time to meet. They were able to make time for us within the next week or so which we really appreciated because we wanted to get vendors on board right away. Our first meeting was just so great and we thought they were both such lovely, happy people, who had genuine excitement about our engagement and our wedding day - which was 9 months away! Not to mention their photographs were wonderful & so creative. We were pretty much set on both of them right after our meeting and booked them probably the next day thereafter! As part of our package we had an engagement session with them a couple of months after the first meeting. They were so supportive of our vision for our engagement photos and made us feel so so comfortable in front of the camera; we really enjoyed that day. Plus, we got to hang out with them for a couple of hours which was really important to my husband and I before our wedding day since we knew we would be spending lots of time with them that day. By the time the wedding day came around I felt like they were friends and were so happy to have them arrive and start snapping away. They were on time, incredibly professional, creative, patient and supportive throughout the whole day. Their enthusiasm never wavered throughout the day and they captured every shot we wanted - every photo is truly beautiful. Everyone has gushed over our photos and they are more than we could have ever imagined - just stunning! I've probably looked at them 50 times and replayed the whole day over and over! They got us our photos within a month of our wedding and put up a blog post of great photos within 2 weeks. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Gavin and Erin - you seriously could not go wrong with these two as your wedding photographers. Everyone should be so lucky to have such amazing vendors! Thanks again to both of you!!!!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Jillian · Married on 05/19/2012

Gavin and Erin are the best!! They are so professional, fun, and talented! They were always accessible to answer any questions that we had. Most importantly, they made me and my husband feel at ease in front of the camera, which is impressive since neither one of us like being in front of the camera. They were always flexible to any suggestions that we had and they made the whole process (from engagement to wedding) effortless. Our wedding day was amazing and Gavin and Erin definitely captured all the love, beauty, and excitement in the photos. Another amazing thing about Gavin and Erin is how quickly they are able to send you your photos. We got our wedding photos back in 2 weeks!! (I know of brides who have waited over 6 mos to get their photos). We cannot say enough good things about Gavin and Erin. This was the most important day of our lives and we definitely made the right decision with Gavin and Erin. We will definitely use them again if we ever need professional photographs and we will continue to refer them to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Kymie · Married on 05/18/2012

What we most appreciated about Gavin and Erin was their warmth, their support and their amazing ability to capture the joy and laughter at our wedding in such an intimate and strikingly beautiful way. We knew they were good from the string of wonderful testimonials both on weddingwire and also from word of mouth, but working with them we began to really appreciate how much more they brought to our special day.

We contacted Gavin and Erin less than two months before our wedding date - thankfully we were having a Friday evening wedding, so we were fortunate that they still had availability. We had spoken with a few other photographers, but we hit it off with Gavin and Erin so well right off the bat in our first meeting, that we decided to hire them on for photography services for our wedding. What a great call!

Despite the short fuse, we were able to squeeze in an engagement photo session. We weren’t sure what to expect, but they guided us masterfully and truly made us feel completely comfortable. The entire shoot was a blast! The resulting album is gorgeous, exceeding all our expectations.

Leading up to the big day, Gavin kept in close touch with us, and was very responsive to all our questions, both via email and cell phone. The wedding and reception went SO smoothly - they were prompt and professional, and interacted really warmly with our guests. They were clearly enjoying themselves, which helped everyone else feel at ease. During the reception, they stole us away for a few minutes to take a beautiful long-exposure nighttime shot of us with the ocean, beach and city. We were impressed by their attention to detail – they double-checked the photo before we returned to the reception, and decided to re-take the shot when they saw that it hadn’t turned out as they wanted. While we were on our honeymoon, they mailed us CDs with hundreds of AMAZING photos! There are so many perfect ones that we are having trouble deciding on which ones to put in our album.

We will use them again any time we need professional photography services. Gavin, Erin, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the care you took with our wedding and the amazing memories you’ve given us!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Gavin and Erin Wade are the best wedding photographers in the business! After researching online and viewing various portfolios, Gavin and Erin's immediately rose to the top. We set up an appointment for an introductory meeting and after two minutes we knew we had found our wedding photographers. Gavin and Erin know the importance of wedding photography and they make you feel completely at ease which results in amazing pictures. From the engagement session through the end of the wedding reception, Gavin and Erin were absolutely incredible and by far the BEST vendor we used. We will use them for anything and everything we can moving forward and would highly recommend their service for your special occasion.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Matthew · Married on 03/25/2012

We met with Gavin about 8 months before our wedding and from the very start we knew we were in good hands. He was always available to quickly answer any questions and make us feel very confident that all of our wedding day memories would be photographed. There was heavy rain the day of our wedding, but Gavin showed up, smiling and ready to help us enjoy our day. I can get a bit shy taking pictures, but he was so good at making us relax that he captured some amazing moments. I think the greatest compliment is that so many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed Gavin BEFORE they saw any pictures. Of course, after they viewed the pictures online (a very quick and convenient service), everyone could not stop talking about how the pictures looked so wonderful. Gavin even made sure to email some pictures to us a week later on our honeymoon which was just one of many nice things. We would absolutely recommend Gavin to anyone who wants the perfect pictures without any worry.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Lexie · Married on 10/30/2011

Gavin and Erin are the BEST! They were so easy to work with. From our first conversation to the big day, they made us comfortable so it was easy to take great pictures. They captured all the big moments and the fun little details beautifully. Our pictures really reflect Gavin and Erin's artistic ability and unique perspectives. I didn't have to worry about anything because they were very professional and organized. I love our pictures and I would recommend Gavin and Erin to anyone who asked!

Sent on 11/23/2011