Garret Ward Photography Reviews

5.0 out of 5 rating, 17 Reviews
View more information

Amy Z. Married on 07/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop looking at other photographers and book Garret Ward Photography.

As a psychotically detail-oriented and type A bride, I can't say enough good things about Garret. He was easily our most responsive vendor - I never waited more than 12 hours for Garret to get back to me, even after the wedding when I asked about creating an album. He had it delivered to me within 3 hours. Like most brides, I'm not very comfortable in front of the camera, and I don't often feel beautiful in photos. Garret made me feel so comfortable as a photographer and I am utterly floored by how radiant he made my beauty to be in his photos (I sincerely don't feel that way on an average day, ever).

Garret ticked literally all our boxes. We were struggling to find a photographer that didn't white-wash photos, that used vibrant colors but didn't make them tacky, and one that captured emotion so well. I had really high expectations, and Garret exceeded them. I look back at my wedding photos and am constantly overwhelmed with emotion at how much he was able to capture of the day - not just of the pure love between husband and me, but also the look of love and adoration from everyone at the wedding, including my parents and smaller guests. Garret told me he has a goal of making every guest feel like they're photographed at the wedding, and he did exactly that. I was stunned at how many guests he was able to capture so beautifully at our 180 person wedding. He especially managed the day super well between the large guest count, the constant party on the dance floor, and it being probably the hottest day in July that we got married. Garret was always a calming presence for the day that did his job perfectly by keeping us on schedule and letting us enjoy the day, and capturing every beautiful moment.

With Garret's commitment to his craft, absolutely stunningly beautiful photos, and superb customer service, you would be a fool not to hire him for your wedding.
    Shannon Married on 07/17/2021

Beautiful Photos!

We highly recommend Garret! He was professional, easy going, and was more than flexible with rescheduling our date due to COVID-19. He was incredible to work with during the process and always had open communication and a quick response time. Garret is very talented at what he does, and used his creativity for great pictures but also made sure he captured the specific pictures we wanted as well. He sent us a video of photos with music by the end of the night. We can’t wait to relive our special day for years to come! Thank you, Garret!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 06/26/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So nice he did it twice!

Garret is such an amazingly talented and sweet guy to work with! Flexibility with keeping our date, booking our anniversary, and offering an additional/combined package including live streaming during covid was a plus. Our engagement, wedding, and anniversary photos are all absolutely stunning. Garret clearly loves what he does and has a blast doing it. Cannot recommend him enough!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Nicholas C. Married on 10/10/2020

The Best Photographer In Connecticut

Garret was amazing too work with he make you feel like your his only client. When he did our wedding he made sure that we were doing okay always communicating in a timely manner got our photos in a timely manner he overall is the best he also did a special memorial photo of our late grandfathers 5 out of 5 if you want your wedding done right hire this man!
    Nicholas C. Married on 10/10/2020

The Best Photographer In Connecticut

• Danielle
    Danielle Married on 09/06/2019

Stunning photos!!

It was an absolute pleasure to work with Garret for my big day. Garret was recommended from family and he blew us away with the amazing memories he captured. Words can't describe the stunning photos he took. He was professional, friendly, and so easy to work with. He didn't make us sit in awkward positions, he let us be natural and captured everything flawlessly. By the time we were finished with dinner, he had a mini slideshow already put together for our guests of the photos he took up to that point. Everyone keeps telling me how excited they are to see the rest of the beautiful photos. Highly highly recommend! Thank you Garret for everything!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 08/23/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The way he captured our night was simply magical

If I could give Garret 100 stars I would. This man has seriously got an amazing gift and we were absolutely lucky to not only snag him to photograph our proposal, but he agreed to our engagement shoot and wedding as well. By the time the wedding came around, I had not a worry in the world between his stellar reviews and of course his work he produced for the other two shoots we did with him, but what he gave us for our wedding photos was even above and beyond what we could have ever expected. Looking at all the photos of our day, he somehow captured the entire story of the day and that’s how looking at the photos in a sequence felt. I can’t wait to relive the best day of our lives over and over again for the rest of our lives thanks to Garret.
    Elizabeth Married on 08/10/2019

Absolute Excellence!

We cannot recommend Garret Ward Photography enough! The photos Garret took of our wedding are exquisite and look like they're straight out of a bridal magazine. Everyone we know unanimously agrees that they are the most incredible wedding photos they've ever seen.

Garret was also very professional, easy going, and truly listened to us. He used his creativity but also consistently asked if there were specific shots we wanted. We don't have one bad thing to say about our experience with Garret and we will recommend him over and over again to everyone we know!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 04/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is the team you want on your special day. They have such an eye for a great shot and just the from the few pictures we've already had the opportunity to see, we cannot wait to see more! The photos we've seen have just brought us right back to that specific moment remembering how we felt and what we were doing. They never stopped recording our day from beginning to finish and were just amazing to work with; Fun, professional, and so personable. Thank you Ashley and Garret for sharing our wonderful day with us!
    Cheri Married on 10/29/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Garret and Ashley Ward are such a fantastic team!! We had SO much fun with them at our wedding-- they were EVERYWHERE!! They gently kept us on schedule, got all of the shots we wanted, and were super respectful and flexible with our non-traditional timing and ideas! So creative and thoughtful!! They took a ton of detail shots, interacted with all of our fabulous (and crazy) guests and were an absolute delight to work with!! 5 Stars all the way across the board!! You far surpassed any expectation we could have hoped for from great photographers! We can't THANK YOU enough!! XOXO Cheri & Mike
    Rob Married on 09/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Garrett and Ashley were wonderful to work with! They treated by fiancé and I very well and were responsive to our thoughts throughout the shoot. We'd be very happy to work with them again! Keep up the great work!
    Katherine Married on 09/18/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Garret and Ashley did a phenomenal job at our wedding. I cannot recommend this photographer enough. They stayed past the time we paid them for, and gave us over a thousand pictures. They were incredible during the process, and extremely easy to get a hold of. Every single person who came up to us at the wedding, could not stop talking about how professional they were, and what a good job they thought they were doing. Every detail of the pictures were perfect, and it truly made our wedding day amazing! Anyone would be lucky to have them as their photographer, I know we were!
    Michelle Married on 09/05/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Garret and Ashley are an amazing team! They shot a wedding I was in and after interacting with them and seeing the finished product I knew we needed to book them. We did an engagement shoot and I couldn't be happier with the pictures! They captured so many great moments and made the whole experience so easy. They made sure prior to the shoot that they knew exactly what shots we wanted and offered suggestions for others that might work. They are very flexible and definitely enjoy every moment of what they do. We also booked them to shoot our wedding in September and I can't wait!! They are very professional, affordable and great people. I would highly recommend them!
    Michelle Married on 09/05/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Once again Garret and Ashley have outdone themselves! I wish there was a higher rating than 5. They shot our engagement photos last year and then did our wedding on September 5th. They take such pride in their work and strive to please. You can tell very quickly how much Garret loves what he does and he is so talented! We weren't sure what types of wedding party photos we wanted and Garret and Ashley had many great ideas that looked amazing when we got our pictures. We absolutely love our wedding photos and would refer them over and over again to anyone looking for a photographer who is dedicated, professional and amazing at what they do!!
    Victoria Married on 08/21/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Garret and Ashley were amazing! From our engagement photos to our big day, they were very helpful and made our first photo session the best one by easing our worries in a fun way! Our engagement photos and wedding photos came out amazing! We will definitely be using them for future photography needs. Thank you again Garret and Ashley, you guys are awesome!
    Samantha Married on 11/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I can't speak highly enough about Garret and Ashley! Not only is the photography amazing but they are the most kind and caring people I have ever met. They make sure you are more than happy with photo poses down to who and where you want these special moments captured! They truly are amazing and will make sure your day and photos are perfect!
    Aj Married on 11/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Where do I start!!! From the engagement photos to capturing our wedding, they created a story with amazing photos. It's absolutely breath taking every time I look through our photos and it's all owed to Garret and Ashley. We can't thank you enough. Well over our expectations and we plan on using you again in the near future. Thank you sooo much we couldn't have picked anyone better for our special day!
illustration stars