Gaines Entertainment Services Reviews

22 | San Antonio, TX

22 Reviews for Gaines Entertainment Services

22 Gaines Entertainment Services Reviews

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

Our reception was awesome thanks to Gaines Entertainment. We wanted a fun reception, and they made it happen! So many of our friends and family were on the dance floor, even people we didn’t expect. DJ Gumby made the dance floor so welcoming and fun without it being forced. Could not have asked for a better DJ. We wish the night didn’t have to end!!!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Cobb :) You guys were absolutely amazing hosts!Your entire wedding day couldn't have been more relaxed. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day.

Angela · Married on 05/12/2018

Winston is incredible! We stayed in touch with the planning of my wedding over 6 months, he was always responsive, had great ideas, he met all my requests and more. I wanted to walk down the aisle to a song from my husband's favorite movie, not only did he find it, but he edited it down from 5 minutes to 1 1/2, making sure to include the climax of the song. It had all my guests in tears. He checked on me the entire night, always asking how I was and what I needed. My guests loved him! He was hilarious! Not to mention professional, current, & appropriate. My guests LOVED the photo booth he supplied. He kept us all entertained, every minute of the evening, the dance floor was packed, he made our wedding a celebration of a lifetime!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

*** Wedding of the year candidate *** Angela, You and RJ compliment each other so well. I can see why you wanted to add those personal touches to the ceremony music. Just like you said...there wasn't a dry eye in sight when you entered the room. Everything you did was so inclusive. It was awesome to see two cultures (Indian American and Mexican American) party like rockstars! Thank you for the opportunity :)

Caitlyn · Married on 03/10/2018

We found Winston at a wedding fair and the way he was communicating and answering questions from people immediately made him stand out from all the other DJ's there. We were concerned about spending so much of our wedding budget on the entertainment, but I can safely say my wedding would not have been the same without him. From the second he showed up (right on time btw) he was focused on not only getting himself ready, but getting me whatever I needed as well - including drinks once they started being served. He had a time line of the event and he was communicating with my maid of honor and photographer all night and as a result we ended up being ahead of schedule. He also managed to get almost every person on the dance floor by the end of the night. He definitely didn't just sit there and click a button to make the next song play. He was super interactive without being over the top. I honestly can't say enough good things about this dude. Just book him and save yourself the time and energy worrying about all your other entertainment options.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Heeeeey Caitlyn! We're thrilled to receive such an amazing review from you. This was our first wedding ceremony and reception at the Rim San Antonio, and what a treat it was :) From the hilarious wedding party photos to the powerful mother-son dance (not a dry eye in the house by the way)...you guys rocked it. Here's to you and your wonderful family!

Kristi · Married on 03/04/2018

Gaines entertainment services was super flexible and very helpful in planning our wedding. They played great music and did a great job on getting the crowd excited! Would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you so much for adding us to your wedding team Kristi. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the company of your family and friends while we did our thing! P.S. We really really liked working on your Slideshow and Motion Monogram. Congrats!

Chelsea · Married on 03/03/2018

Gaines Entertainment made our wedding so special! All of my guest loved him and I continued to receive complements throughout the night! Winston was great at interacting with my guest and our wedding party, I know our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea! This was a memorable day from start to finish. When we had to change your ceremony from outdoor to indoor within 15 minutes...I knew it was going to be different. BUT your wedding party answered the call and made it happen. That's a moment we'll always remember. We can't wait to see what's next for the Galloways!

Samantha · Married on 01/06/2018

Im so glad my husband found Gaines Entertainment Services at Bridal Extravaganza at the Marriott. Winston has been great working with us, my in-laws and wedding coordinator to ensure our day was perfect. There was never a doubt in my mind from first speaking with him that the music and entertainment would be nothing less than great. Winston was punctual with meeting with us after the holiday due to us planning an out of state wedding in our hometown San Antonio. He also has an easy, accessible website to create your event and playlist of music. Our wedding party was very diverse and he ensured everyone had a moment to shine. Winston was willing to work with our band for our second line dance and even stepped in early to get the reception started after dinner. Winston provided services for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I would recommend his services to anyone who is looking to having a stress free and entertained Wedding or event.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you for those kind words Samantha. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. From the beautiful ceremony, to your unique grand entrance. This was one to remember :) What a great way to kick off 2018!

KRYSTAL · Married on 12/17/2017

Gaines Entertainment provided an unforgettable experience. DJ Gumby was very professional and easy to work with. He took the time to listen to my request and followed up with feedback and suggestions about flow. He listened carefully and was flexible, fluid and calm. He is funny and charming and goes the extra mile to provide the best customer service. I would highly recommend Gaines Entertainment.

Taylour · Married on 11/20/2017

Super great experience with Winston, he really made our wedding something special and was very accommodating!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you Taylour! This was my first Monday wedding, and you guys did not disappoint :) I especially liked your sister's toast. That was the most funny and heartfelt toast I can remember. Thanks again for allowing me play such an important role on your big day. Good luck Mr. and Mrs. Moreno!

Allison · Married on 11/18/2017

Winston is the best DJ ever! He truly went above and beyond at our wedding, helping out with much more than just his responsibilities as our DJ. He was incredibly professional, outgoing, and had great communication with us from the beginning. All the music was exactly as we had imagined from the ceremony to the send off. All our guests had an awesome time on the dance floor! We truly appreciate all Winston did for us and would absolutely recommend him, as he did a exceptional job at our wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Hey Allison, It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day. Your venue was incredible! By the way, I really enjoyed the spirit of your friends and family. They were all there to have a good time and it showed on the dance floor. Good luck with everything! Thank you!

Emily · Married on 11/12/2017

Winston was amazing! He met with my husband and I over coffee to go over all of the details beforehand, he showed up extra early to the venue, and he stayed in constant contact with the venue coordinator, the photographer, and the caterer. He even made sure that we had plates of food ready at our table after we made our grand entrance! He played the songs that we wanted and took all of our friends and families' requests. He was also very flexible when we decided to move the venue inside at the last minute due to weather. Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

My favorite rainy day wedding! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your big day. You guys were so easy to work with from beginning to end. Huge shout out to your dad for showing off his moves during your Father-Daughter dance :) Enjoy your honeymoon Mrs. Aleman!

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2017

I saw Winston Gaines at a wedding fair and loved his personality. He's very outgoing and polite and knows how to get a crowd going. His website is very easy to navigate and has a lot of good information on it. I selected all the songs I wanted playing at the wedding and reception from his website lists (if the songs not on there, which it more that likely will be, he'll get it for you). The website gave me helpful tips like what were popular songs to play during the bride/groom, father/daughter, mother/son, etc dances. And the site lets you pick your timeline from start to finish along with what songs you want played during each step of the way (this broke it down and made the wedding day way less stressful). During our reception my best friend descided last minute she wanted music played at a certain point in her toast, and with only a minute notice Winston had it done. He was also very good at determining when to play what music in order to get all of the guests dancing (we had 20year olds to 90year olds and they all ended up on the dance floor). Overall Gaines entertainment is a great company and I recommend their services to whoever needs a dj.

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

From Wedding Fair to Wedding Day. Thank you for trusting us with your special day Michelle. :D
  • User5312560 · 1+ year ago

Winston has been absolutely phenomenal to work with from beginning to end! I saw him at a wedding I was in last year and KNEW he would be the dj for my wedding. His website was easy to navigate through and he had various payment options fit for any budget. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you Thank you Thank you! Your positive feedback goes a long way :)

Jonathan · Married on 03/04/2017

Gaines Entertainment definitely made our wedding very memorable. My spouse and I never left the dance floor and neither did any of our guests. People still talk about how fun everything was to this day. If you are looking for professionalism at it's best, Winston is your go-to DJ. He worked very closely with our wedding planner and even helped with lighting and layout of our event space. Unfortunately we had to have very last minute changes in our outdoor wedding due to rain, however Winston was very reactive and helpful on coming up with plan B. I would definitely recommend on stopping your search for the perfect DJ and go with Winston at Gaines Entertainment Services. Why would you want your night to be awkward with no one on the dance floor when Winston if the perfect hype-man for the job. With Gaines Entertainment Services, you get more than just a guy playing music.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Most memorable wedding I've been a part of thus far. Weather couldn't stop this party :) Thanks!

Jabari · Married on 12/16/2016

If your looking for a great DJ that will keep the dance floor full be sure to go with Gaines entertainment services. After our wedding many of our guest couldn't wait to tell us how much fun they had, a large part due to our DJ. Thanks again!!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone. We still remember those "Reception Nikes" :)

Ashley · Married on 06/27/2009

Winston is very professional and responsive. The quality of his work is supreme! His equipment is high end and sound quality is fantastic. If you need a DJ that knows their stuff Winston with Gaines Entertainment Services is the best choice!

Lauren · event on: 12/16/2016

Gaines Entertainment is the absolute BEST there is! We have been using the DJ services for our corporate events for years now. Winston has DJ'd holiday parties, product launches, fundraisers, and more. We've also done karaoke on site. Our team always gets excited when we share that DJ Gumby is coming to the building! Beyond the corporate events, many of our employees have hired him for their personal Weddings, parties, and more. He is very professional and knows how to hype a crowd. Zero hesitations; you will not be disappointed!

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

You guys are awesome! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. Can’t wait to show you our new Photo Booth.

AM · event on: 02/24/2017

I have used the DJ services from Gaines Entertainment multiple times. They are a very reliable company. They are consistently on time and attentive to requests made to them. They are professional and easy to work with.

• W

Windi · event on: 10/29/2016

We absolutely loved DJ Gumby. He's become sort of a fixture now with our group of girls, and their friends. He DJ'd a friends birthday party, then we used him for our daughters birthday. Even the neighbors came to see what all the fun was! Winston was super friendly, extremely fun and just all around great to the girls. He pays great attention to detail, such as timing. On his own, he keeps the time table on schedule. Such as the cake, certain dance/song games, and a fun fashion show (it was halloween). He even knew when to play music for the mom's when the girls were having downtime (or eating cake). He was hilarious with a group of boys that "crashed" the teen girls b-day party! Definitely has that "intuitive fun" personality you want in a DJ with a bunch of teens. I recommend him all the time! Great guy, great fun for all of us.

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

A review from my favorite young ladies! Thank you so much Windi :)

Sereena · event on: 12/11/2016

Winston Gaines and his team with Gains Entertainment provided the best experience during our 2016 Holiday Party for KRTC. The booking process was easy to do and complete. The packages and prices Gains Entertainment offer are fairly reasonable. Winston and his team made sure everyone at the party was having a good time. During our raffles, Gains Entertainment took over. Called each ticket selected and announced the winner. They played all the different types of music requested and kept the music flowing from one type to the next. I recommend Gains Entertainment for your next Wedding, Holiday Party or even your next bbq backyard party.

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

We appreciate your kind words. It's always fun to work with a new corporate client, and you guys lived up to that. Thank you!

Molly · event on: 09/01/2017

Winston was great to work with! All communication was clear and easy to get a hold of him. UTSA Students enjoy his entertainment as well. I will definitely work with his DJ services again in the future.

Sent on 09/29/2017

Always a good time at UTSA. Thanks Molly

Amy · event on: 02/26/2017

We have used this DJ for two birthday events. He shows up on time, set up very well, has some amazing lighting, cleans up when he is done, and is well groomed and good looking. He is very professional, and he knows how to engage a crowd of any age and get them dancing. I highly recommend Gaines Entertainment and will use them again!

Jennifer · event on: 10/13/2017

We have used Winston's DJ services for our Homecoming Dance for the past three years. He knows how to get the students out on the dance floor and have a great and safe time. We started with having 700 kids come to the dance, but since having Winston as DJ we now have 1000 + kids coming. We will continue to have him DJ this dance. He has done our proms and food fests as well. You will have a great time at your event with Gaines Entertainment Services!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Gaines Entertainment Services's reply:

Thank you for giving us a shot a few years ago. Your school has trusted us with its most important events, and that's a really BIG deal. Let's keep it going in 2018!