Gadabouts Catering Reviews

Gadabouts Catering 3
  • Jen

Jen Mo-Carroll · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible

Eileen, owner of Gadabouts, was one of my favorite people to work with leading up to my wedding. I actually put my fiancé (now husband) in charge of wedding food and was super skeptical that he could pull it off (LOL). Eileen was so great about suggesting certain foods and how to communicate with our venue.
    Our favorite food was actually the hors d'oeuvres! We did the Ashe County cheese table & our guests LOVED it.
    Service was top notch. If you are getting married in the NC mountains you should seriously consider hiring Gadabouts! My best friend is using them for her wedding next year and I couldn't be more excited. Yum!

Great Food. Incredible Service. Top notch communication.

Betty · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Southern/Tex-Mex Buffet

We have nothing but good things to say about the wedding buffet Gadabouts prepared for our daughter's wedding. The food was excellent, and Eileen and her team did an wonderful job creating a meal that reflected our Southern-meets-Tex-Mex theme. Thank you, Eileen, for working with us and patiently helping us think through every choice! It was perfect.

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2018

Eileen Gaddy with Gadabouts catering is the BEST! She was so helpful! She always answered my e-mails promptly with detailed answers. She is very organized! You don’t find many organized people like Eileen Gaddy anymore. Not only is Gadabouts food delicious but Eileen also can be hired for day of or month of coordinating. If you can do it hire Eileen for the month of coordinating. She knows the other vendors up there and will coordinate when and what time they need to be at your event. She’s very detailed oriented and I didn’t have to worry about anything with her. She gets it done! She took a lot of worry off of me while planning my daughters wedding. My daughter got married at Overlook Barn at Beech Mtn 8/18/18. I would definitely use Gadabouts and Eileen Gaddy again. Thanks for everything Eileen! Perfect wedding! Suzanne Preston

Name · Married on 08/04/2018

We contracted with Elaine, and Gadabouts, for a wedding rehearsal dinner in Banner Elk, NC.
    She was very easy to work with.
    There were a myriad of food options.
    The options we chose were all amazing. Many of the guests commented as to how good all the food was.
    Gadabouts setup, and served, efficiently and smoothly.
    We highly recommend them.

Patricia · Married on 07/14/2018

Eileen was such a pleasure to work with! She thought of all the things I wouldn’t know to think about. She was amazing at responding quickly! My guests are still raving about the food! I’ve never had a buffet with chicken that wasn’t dry or the carving station over cooked. EVERYTHING was cooked perfectly! Even down to the simplest detail of a salad was excellent! I am so pleased and so were my family and friends!

Taylor · Married on 05/19/2018

Eileen was AMAZING. She was both my day of coordinator and my caterer. Her food is amazing. Every guest at my wedding was so pleased. She was very accommodating and provided vegan and vegetarian meals for those guests at my wedding. We met with Eileen multiple times and she was always patient, kind, and ready to answer all of our questions. She ran the show at my wedding and did a fantastic job! I cannot tell you how good her food is and how we loved all the choices at our tasting, it was hard to pick. She hired someone to coordinate our ceremony and she coordinated our reception. Everything went smoothly and both my husband and I could tell she would really go out of the way for us and make our day so special. Thank you, Eileen! 10/10 would recommend.

Gadabouts Catering 4
    Gadabouts Catering 5
    Gadabouts Catering 6

Jenn · Married on 04/21/2018

Eileen is seriously an angel. We changed our preferences and vision of the catering for our wedding many times, as well as our budget regarding catering. Even after I signed two separate contracts, Eileen was always so quick to respond and accommodating when I wanted to make even more changes! She never once made me feel like I was a bother, always told me she was happy to help and was so patient. Gadabouts offers so many food choices and Eileen and her team will literally make any dream or combination come to life. We had a wonderful tasting and felt right at home at their restaurant in Boone. The servers at our wedding were so professional and went out of their way to make our experience perfect and all of our guests could not stop raving about the food. Thank you so much!!

Meredith · Married on 03/24/2018

Gadabouts catering is fantastic. Eileen and her family are an absolute pleasure to work with. She has gone above and beyond for my fiancé and I including meeting us at a tour for a tasting to prevent us from driving 4 hours a second time. She is also very attentive to all my needs as far as food is concerned. She is an event Planner as well and has help me find other venues that are to my liking after being disappointed in the past. She is will to travel for events and has made this whole experience a breeze. I would recommend their amazing food to everyone. I recommend her planning services to every Bride out there and just because you aren't local to her doesn't mean she isn't the right caterer for you. Please check out this family owned catering service. You will not be disappointed.

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Eileen has been wonderful to work with so far. Gadabouts has a wide array of menu options for a wedding. We can't wait for our consultation to taste the food!

Debbie · Married on 09/03/2017

Eileen and her team were everything we could have hoped for and more for our daighter's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains. She had great recommendations on menu, reception table layout, and china and glassware settings. The food was amazing, service was impeccable, and the mismatched china was perfect. And to top it all of the prices were so reasonable. Thanks for sharing in making our daughter and her new husband's wedding dreams come true!

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

Excellent food and service! They worked with us to provide a menu in our price range and it was perfect.

Justin · Married on 08/05/2017

Gadabouts was incredible to work with! Our entire menu was amazing! Eileen was endlessly helpful with wedding planning. Her attention to detail and open communication made her a perfect fit for us.

Caroline · Married on 07/08/2017

Eileen and her staff are incredible people to work with! From the moment we contacted Eileen, she began working for us. She let us know that the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games were the same weekend as our wedding so we could tell our guests to go ahead and book rooms. Planning from a distance with Eileen was a breeze and she found a way to get everything we wanted within our budget. The food was the best food I've ever had. Guests absolutely raved about it. Instead of wedding cake, we wanted cheesecake and gadabouts supplied those as well. That cheesecake was to die for. I highly recommend including it as a dessert option or going with only cheesecakes like we did. They have tons of different flavors they can make. Some reviews mention negative experiences with staff, but we saw none of those issues. All the staff was polite, quick, and helpful. The manager even offered to take some vases back to our florist for us! They were all dressed appropriately and moved around like ninjas cleaning up dishes and making sure everything was perfect. There was no point in time where we regretted hiring Gadabouts for our wedding. We can't thank them enough for helping to make the day perfect!

patti · Married on 06/16/2017

Eileen and her staff were amazing from start to finish!!! The bride was Persian and the groom Swedish so we (the wedding planners; mothers of bride and groom:) had a lot of very unique requests;
    including homemade Swedish limpa bread, hasselback potatoes, and an array of Persian dishes (sorry I cannot spell them) Eileen did her research and the food was splendid...even had someone on site grilling shish kabob. Eileen worked with us and all of our vendors wonderfully. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious! THANK-YOU Gadabouts!!!!

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

Gadabouts was the perfect fit for our wedding! Eileen is so responsive and easy to work with. My husband and I went to college in the area but were planning our wedding from 2 hours away, Gadabouts was always there to answer an email or last minute question! The food was delicious and our guest have raved about everything, especially the garlic smashed potatoes!

Sheila · Married on 05/27/2016

Eileen Gaddy (owner) was very helpful from the beginning to the end. She worked with us on the budget we needed to be with and still gave us exceptional quality and service at the reception. Eileen is also a wedding planner, so if your venue requires a wedding planner, I would recommend her as well! Her staff were wonderful to work with and always willing to help. We had a glitch at first and could not find the boutonniere's for the groomsmen, so one of her staff members jumped on it and within minutes had one already made!! We did find ours before the wedding but this just shows they go well beyond their requirements to make your day special.

Gadabouts provided an incredible meal and worked with us on the menu to design the perfect fit. The meal was wonderful and the ladies who attended to our group were attentive and a pleasure to have there. I highly recommend this terrific group!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/24/2015

Eileen and team catered my wedding last Friday (September 21st) and also was our Day Of Coordinator. I don’t even know where to begin...Eileen went above and beyond from the first correspondence until they shut down the wedding night. She has a calming confident energy that I connected to right off the bat and knew she was the one we wanted to work with. She made me feel so at ease throughout the entire process, no question or change in plans was too much or an annoyance for Eileen. She was quick to communicate to every email or call and made sure everything was exactly how we envisioned. I have never heard so many compliments about wedding food, and we have attended a lot of weddings...everything was beyond delicious!! We can not thank you enough and would recommend Gadabouts to anyone in search of a caterer...your guests will NOT be disappointed!

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2015

Have sampled Gadabouts food two different times and it has been absolutely amazing both times. Eileen is excellent to work with and went above and beyond our expectations, she has been excellent at working on altering the menu to stay within our budget. We are using their services for both our Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding Reception.

Linda · Married on 05/30/2015

Gadabouts provided food for my daughter's wedding last weekend, including the cocktail hour and dinner. The food was delicious. Many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding food they ever had! This caterer was easy to work with, very responsive, and also very reasonable. Highly recommend Gadabouts!

Shaely · Married on 05/30/2015

I recently had my wedding at the Twickenham House in Jefferson, NC and used Gadabouts for my catering. They were absolutely amazing! I worked with Eileen and she was very organized and on top of everything. I have worked in the hospitality industry for almost 10 years now planning weddings, meetings and events. I travel all over the world and have eaten hotel food and catered food more in one year than most people will in their entire life! And I can say from my experience that Gadabouts is truly amazing! From the preplanning to the service, to the new and inventive ideas for food (mashed potato bar, s'more's station), to the onsite execution, they were spot on. Because I am in the industry, I knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding and Gadabouts delivered. Not to mention every single one of my guests mentioned how delicious the food was. I saw guests making entire plates of just mashed potatos from the mashed potato bar to coming up to my sweetheart table to rave about how good the prime rib was. In addition to the dinner, the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres were small bites (the new trend), exactly what I had envisioned, and delicious as well. I would highly recommend using Gadabouts for your next event, corporate meeting, birthday party, and especially your wedding! I went over the top with my wedding and Gadabouts helped make my vision come true! It was the best day of my life and my guests cannot stop talking about it or the food!

Ann · Married on 05/16/2015

Eileen with Gadabouts Catering went the extra mile to provide my daughter with the most incredible meal at her reception. Even though the venue did not have the Caterer's kitchen available for the reception, Gadabouts set up a tent outside and still provided the most wonderful prime rib meal. Everyone at the reception commented about how flavorful and tasty the entire meal was. She is professional, courteous, and delightful to work with. You can't go wrong with Gadabouts.

Andrea · Married on 10/19/2014

From the time we first met with Eileen, she was always professional and so helpful. She worked with us in choosing the menu and was so flexible when we moved our wedding from Jefferson, NC to Asheville, NC. She was willing to make the haul and we are so glad she did! Eileen always responded in a timely manner. She was a joy to work with. The reception meal was delicious and everyone commented about how great the food was. Additionally, she managed the bar and worked with us on our specialty cocktails...everyone raved! Todd and I were able to relax and enjoy our wedding. I would definitely recommend Eileen and Gadabouts to anyone!

Madison · Married on 10/11/2014

Love, love, love Gadabouts! I have received numerous compliments on the food all saying that it was AMAZING. I would highly recommend working with Gadabouts. They were always prompt in answering all questions and made sure that I felt confident in the services they were providing. Couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Carol · Married on 07/26/2014

Excellent food, excellent service. Our guests raved about the food.