Gadabouts Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel B. Married on 07/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An amazing variety and so tasty!

Catie and her team were so easy to work with! They offer all kinds of food which was amazing because we did stations of food all around the world. Her and her staff were great, so responsive and we're so happy we went with them. Highly highly recommend!!!
  • Binny
    Binny Married on 07/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gadabouts is a team of wedding-making superstars!

We hired Gadabouts for our wedding catering, bar, and day-of-coordinator services. Eileen Gaddy and her team -- ALL of them -- were consummate professionals, eager to ensure all goes perfectly at every single step, and each person on their team had a wonderful personality!
    I corresponded regularly with Eileen for many months prior to the wedding via email, and I was consistently blown away by how responsive, incredibly accommodating, and kind she was throughout the entire (stressful) process. To say that we found the coordinator/caterer of our dreams would be a drastic understatement; Eileen and Catie were an integral part of planning the greatest day of our lives, and we will be forever grateful for their help!
    The food was also fantastic, the service was wonderful, and by the end of the night, the bartender and I had a legitimate friendship going on! Not to mention those dessert shooters... my goodness, those things were a hit. Gadabouts knows exactly how to ensure a perfect wedding, even when it's as untraditional as ours was in many ways. I could not recommend this group enough! Don't even hesitate!
    Christy R. Married on 06/11/2022

Lovely Mountain Wedding and Reception

Huge THANKS to Gadabouts for the wonderful food and drinks at our son’s wedding reception in Boone NC. They were super easy to work with and quite accommodating right up to the day of. I highly recommend them!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Silken
    Silken S. Married on 05/28/2022

Made Our Wedding Amazing

Catie and her crew were one of the best parts of our entire wedding. From the very first meeting for a tasting we were hooked! Our menu was incredible and even with the costs of everything rising, Gaddy’s kept our final price extremely reasonable and everything was amazing with so much attention to detail. We heard from so many guests that it was the best wedding food they had ever had! To highlight a few, we had the short rib, salmon, cheddar bacon mashed potatoes, and the fruit/cheese display was INSANE! Also, honorable mention to the phyllo tarts appetizer!

Catie took countless phone calls with me and became like a friend I’ve known for years instead of just my caterer. She was always pleasant and easy to come to with changes. During the reception dinner, if there was ever a problem, we never knew about it. Everything ran so seamlessly and their crew was like a well oiled machine and so pleasant.

We cannot wait to come back and try to do an anniversary meal! Thank you all again.
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra K. Married on 03/09/2022

Best Choice!

Eileen, Catie and staff are amazing! Like many families, our daughter's wedding was rescheduled due to Covid. Eileen was positive, supportive and responsive throughout the whole process, and there were many changes and pivots along the way! As a mother of the bride, and this being our first wedding planning experience, I relied on Eileen's expertise and "don't worry, we've got this" attitude to get us through! We knew we were in the right hands with Gadabouts! The food was delicious, the staff was professional, warm and friendly, and our guests were well taken care of and all had an amazing time!
    I am so grateful to Eileen and her staff for being patient and supportive and for helping to make Katharine and Damon's dream wedding a day they will always remember!
  • Jenny
    Jenny H. Married on 09/30/2021

Outstanding food!

Gadabouts catered our micro-wedding at Overlook Barn and the food was excellent! They had a charcuterie board that was out of this world, with amazing cheeses, unique crackers/breads, fresh fruit, and different jams and spreads. Our guests went up for seconds, thirds, fourths...and we had to remind them that we had dinner coming :) Gadabouts was super flexible in planning our dream dinner and customized a BBQ pulled pork, mac 'n' cheese, and fried chicken spread for us. It was delicious and I was so happy we had some leftovers! They were also super thoughtful--they found out some of our guests were children and they added on some cupcakes with fun-colored frosting for the kids. They were a hit!
  • Alexi
    Alexi Z. Married on 08/20/2021

Still Raving

Amazing ladies and the food is pretty incredible too. Eileen Gaddy and her daughter Catie are fabulous people with a sense of humor that made them so down to earth, easy to talk to and work with throughout the wedding process. I found myself wanting to go hang out with them just to have a great laugh. Hiring a caterer for your daughter’s wedding is by far, in my opinion, one of the most important vendors to get spot on and hiring Gadabouts was a bullseye. Eileen helped us from the very beginning to establish a menu within our budget and meeting our many dietary restrictions (Lactosse free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan). The contract with Gadabouts was so detailed (which I love) there was no room for miscommunication of expectations. Eileen even took time to review our equipment rental contract to help us make sure that we covered everything we may need for a beautifully presented and flawless service.
    When my daughter and I went up to NC for a tasting, we were blown away by the seasoning and flavors that the chef put into every dish. No kidding, it was by far our favorite meal the whole time we were in the area. So much so that we ended up tweaking the menu to include grilled trout instead of chicken for a wedding with over 100 guests. Never in a million years would I have added grilled fish for that many people, the odds of getting every piece perfect is not in your favor, but Gadabouts did that and more. I know because our guests are still raving about the food.
    I highly recommend hiring Gadabouts for any catering event. They are very accommodating; they provided a stress free professional service and setup for both our reception and bar. My only regret is not taking the time to chat with them after the wedding to let them know just how much we appreciated everything.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 06/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Can they please feed me for the rest of my life!

The food was absolutely the best wedding food I’ve ever had! And Catie made everything so easy especially with my super picky husband. There was a mixup during the clean up and my cake cutting set was packed up by their staff, I text Catie and she was able to find it and mail it back to me since we don’t live locally. She is honestly one of the sweetest people and goes above and beyond for all her customers
  • Sara
    Sara L. Married on 04/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mouth Watering food and a million options to choose from

Gadabouts Catering is absolutely the most enjoyable and easy to work with catering company ever. They make sure all your food requirements are met and that's saying a lot as I have a very picky husband who was over joyed with their food. They are all wonderful people to work with and you are missing out on their out of this world food if you do not hire them for your special occasions!
  • Aja
    Aja C. Married on 04/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We appreciated Gadabouts and their staff for their kindness, professionalism, and hard work they put into helping to make our wedding day so perfect! We are forever grateful to all those who played a part in making our dreams for our wedding day come to life. The food and drinks were amazing and the staff was so kind and helpful to us and our guests. My groom and I were able to fully enjoy our wedding day because everything else was taken care of for us. We will be sure to consider Gadabouts in the future for any of our catering needs!
  • Laney
    Laney S. Married on 12/19/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best caterer in the area!

Eileen and Gadabouts were amazing to work with! She went above and beyond and was so responsive in helping us in more than just catering. We feel so lucky to have found them. There are so many options and the food is amazing. Gadabouts is flexible and easy to work with, I highly recommend them!
  • Marlene
    Marlene B. Married on 11/13/2020

Exceptional

Vendor is extremely helpful. Took on more than necessary and food was impecable.
  • Alex
    Alex R. Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing Vendor

If you are getting married in the high country, do your guests a favor and serve them some Gadabouts! The food is amazing, we had so many guests tell us it was the best chicken they've ever had. Not only was the dinner delicious, but the apps were also impressive - my husband was obsessed with the pork belly tacos, and I loved the chicken & waffle skewers. So just when you think it can't get any better, it does, because their customer service is next-level. We were a Covid couple, so regulations were changing every few weeks leading up to our date. Catie was so attentive to us, willing to jump on calls daily, and so quick to email back. We were making changes to our cocktail hour setup the week before, and it didn't even phase her. Catie, Eileen and team had everything set up perfectly on the wedding day, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We would recommend Gadabouts to anyone, they will truly make your day so easy and perfect.
  • Laura
    Laura H. Married on 06/13/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best food and very flexible

Eileen was amazing to work with! With COVID we had to make a lot of changes and she rolled with every change so well. We had to cut the number of people for the reception a o after the ceremony a few had to leave and she made to go meals for those leaving. We had everything planned and had to readjust our plans and went from a buffet to family style but it was even more perfect than a buffet in my opinion. Everybody raved about the food. The appetizer tacos were amazing - they were even great about making us a plate of apps since we were running around taking photos. My husband is a collard greens snob and said they were the best he’s ever had :) It was a magical day thanks to Eileen and her team! I HIGHLY recommend using them for any type of event. We’ll be coming back to Banner elk for her bbq, tacos and collards very soon!
  • Simona
    Simona Married on 10/12/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wedding Menu for the Win!!!

On October 12th, we had our dream mountain wedding! After reviewing numerous caterers we knew we hit the jackpot when we contacted Eileen. The possibilities with her menu are endless! We were so pleased with her attention to detail, prompt communication and cateirng knowledge. She is something else... The wedding dishes we chose were absolutely delicious and our guests are still talking about them. The catering team's service was exceptional! Seriously, do not look further! Gadabouts is it!!!
  • Priscilla
    Priscilla H. Married on 08/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible!

Gadabouts Catering made our wedding a hit with all of our guests! We had a guest list of 205 people. While it was a large guest list Gadabouts' quality remained a 5/5 stars. The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible. The entire process was enjoyable from our first meeting to the day of our wedding. The service we received was extremely professional and went above and beyond our expectations. We loved the numerous options we were given for our menu and Eileen worked with us to make it exactly what we envisioned. She also provided all of the flatware, plates and glasses. I am so happy we chose Gadabouts!
  • Emily
    Emily N. Married on 08/03/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best food & service around!

Eileen, Billy, & her wonderful team made our wedding day amazing. The food was delicious. Service was amazing. People are still raving about how delightful the food was and asking for Gadabout's information. If you haven't tried their food, schedule a tasting for your big day and you won't be disappointed!
  • Jordan
    Jordan K. Married on 05/10/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gadabouts and Eileen are a sheet joy!

Gadabouts Catering has truly exceptional food and was wonderful to work with! We got to do tastings that were so much fun and helped us build our wedding menu. Eileen is just a sheer joy! She and her staff have a wealth of catering knowledge and communicated so efficiently. Planning a wedding is stressful and Eileen’s calming nature made the catering planning fun and easy. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious and well presented the food was! We had around 200 guests and everyone was beyond pleased! From the stunning cheese, fruit, and bread display, to the passed hors d’oeuvres, to our buffet style dinner with carving stations, everything was truly perfect. We cannot thank Eileen and the Gadabouts staff enough for their support and making our guests and us so happy.

Gadabouts Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for this, Jordan...especially now. this is such a stressful time for everyone and I need a little good news! Have a wonderful life together!
    Mary-Kate Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Caterer to Ever Exist

I would give Gadabouts 25/10 stars if I could. I cannot say enough amazing things about working with Eileen from day 1 down to the incredible food she made. From the second I originally emailed her, she was SO easy to work with. She has done her fair share of weddings and had great advice and tips for me. She went above and beyond and answered all of my many and silly questions. We were able to go up to Banner Elk prior to our wedding for a tasting and were blown away with Eileen and her staff. Eileen assisted with how much alcohol to buy, napkin colors and folding, food selection, etc. On the wedding day, her staff showed up on time and were so professional. Her daughter was one of the bar tenders and did an incredible job!
    We selected the favorites fare and the food was to die for. Normally, wedding chicken is dried out and no one eats it, but not Gadabouts! All of my guests are still raving about the food- the waffle skewers, the cheese arrangement, the chicken, the pork, and can’t forget the SMASHED POTATOES!! Guests were actually getting platefuls of the potatoes. I would highly recommend Gadabouts for any bride getting married in the high country area. I am still in awe of how wonderful everything turned out!
    Julie Married on 04/20/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

More than delicious food - table setting rentals too!

Eileen and her team were incredible professionals and helped not just with delivering a delicious menu but with table settings too! Truly a one-stop shop that eased our wedding planning process. Used a consultative approach to piece together our ideal menu, table settings, and all at an affordable price!
  • Carley
    Carley K. Married on 02/11/2019

Delicious and Impeccable!

Eileen was amazing! Not only did she deliver delicious food for both our wedding AND rehearsal but she was super attentive and easy to work with. Her response time is impeccable which helps calm down an anxious bride when juggling several vendors at once! She was flexible and easy to work with and her staff delivered an amazing spread the day of our wedding! Couldn't have asked for a better caterer! Don't fret if you forget last minute things she's your gal to come through and deliver on those items!
    Callie Married on 01/19/2019

January wedding

This company and Eileen were a blessing to work with. They were very easy going with us and worked with my husband and I so well! I couldn’t imagine anything better and the food was great! Highly recommended!
    Maria Married on 12/15/2018

Great Catering Experience

When planning a Destination Wedding in the NC mountain area, working with the right vendors is going to be crucial...
    Gadabouts Catering was that vendor for our wedding at Twickenham House & Hall. Professional, flexible, great to work with, excellent service and food are just a few words to describe their team.
  • Jen
    Jen M. Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible

Eileen, owner of Gadabouts, was one of my favorite people to work with leading up to my wedding. I actually put my fiancé (now husband) in charge of wedding food and was super skeptical that he could pull it off (LOL). Eileen was so great about suggesting certain foods and how to communicate with our venue.
    Our favorite food was actually the hors d'oeuvres! We did the Ashe County cheese table & our guests LOVED it.
    Service was top notch. If you are getting married in the NC mountains you should seriously consider hiring Gadabouts! My best friend is using them for her wedding next year and I couldn't be more excited. Yum!

Great Food. Incredible Service. Top notch communication.
    Betty Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Southern/Tex-Mex Buffet

We have nothing but good things to say about the wedding buffet Gadabouts prepared for our daughter's wedding. The food was excellent, and Eileen and her team did an wonderful job creating a meal that reflected our Southern-meets-Tex-Mex theme. Thank you, Eileen, for working with us and patiently helping us think through every choice! It was perfect.
illustration stars