Gadabouts Catering Reviews

54 Reviews for Gadabouts Catering

• Cassandra

Cassandra Kralik · Getting married on 03/09/2022

Best Choice!

Eileen, Catie and staff are amazing! Like many families, our daughter's wedding was rescheduled due to Covid. Eileen was positive, supportive and responsive throughout the whole process, and there were many changes and pivots along the way! As a mother of the bride, and this being our first wedding planning experience, I relied on Eileen's expertise and "don't worry, we've got this" attitude to get us through! We knew we were in the right hands with Gadabouts! The food was delicious, the staff was professional, warm and friendly, and our guests were well taken care of and all had an amazing time!
    I am so grateful to Eileen and her staff for being patient and supportive and for helping to make Katharine and Damon's dream wedding a day they will always remember!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Laura

Laura Hogan · Married on 06/13/2020

Best food and very flexible

Eileen was amazing to work with! With COVID we had to make a lot of changes and she rolled with every change so well. We had to cut the number of people for the reception a o after the ceremony a few had to leave and she made to go meals for those leaving. We had everything planned and had to readjust our plans and went from a buffet to family style but it was even more perfect than a buffet in my opinion. Everybody raved about the food. The appetizer tacos were amazing - they were even great about making us a plate of apps since we were running around taking photos. My husband is a collard greens snob and said they were the best he’s ever had :) It was a magical day thanks to Eileen and her team! I HIGHLY recommend using them for any type of event. We’ll be coming back to Banner elk for her bbq, tacos and collards very soon!

Sent on 06/15/2020
  • Simona

Simona · Married on 10/12/2019

Wedding Menu for the Win!!!

On October 12th, we had our dream mountain wedding! After reviewing numerous caterers we knew we hit the jackpot when we contacted Eileen. The possibilities with her menu are endless! We were so pleased with her attention to detail, prompt communication and cateirng knowledge. She is something else... The wedding dishes we chose were absolutely delicious and our guests are still talking about them. The catering team's service was exceptional! Seriously, do not look further! Gadabouts is it!!!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Herman Brown · Married on 08/10/2019

The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible!

Gadabouts Catering made our wedding a hit with all of our guests! We had a guest list of 205 people. While it was a large guest list Gadabouts' quality remained a 5/5 stars. The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible. The entire process was enjoyable from our first meeting to the day of our wedding. The service we received was extremely professional and went above and beyond our expectations. We loved the numerous options we were given for our menu and Eileen worked with us to make it exactly what we envisioned. She also provided all of the flatware, plates and glasses. I am so happy we chose Gadabouts!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily Neff · Married on 08/03/2019

The best food & service around!

Eileen, Billy, & her wonderful team made our wedding day amazing. The food was delicious. Service was amazing. People are still raving about how delightful the food was and asking for Gadabout's information. If you haven't tried their food, schedule a tasting for your big day and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan Karas · Married on 05/10/2019

Gadabouts and Eileen are a sheet joy!

Gadabouts Catering has truly exceptional food and was wonderful to work with! We got to do tastings that were so much fun and helped us build our wedding menu. Eileen is just a sheer joy! She and her staff have a wealth of catering knowledge and communicated so efficiently. Planning a wedding is stressful and Eileen’s calming nature made the catering planning fun and easy. Our guests could not stop talking about how delicious and well presented the food was! We had around 200 guests and everyone was beyond pleased! From the stunning cheese, fruit, and bread display, to the passed hors d’oeuvres, to our buffet style dinner with carving stations, everything was truly perfect. We cannot thank Eileen and the Gadabouts staff enough for their support and making our guests and us so happy.

Sent on 03/21/2020

Gadabouts Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for this, Jordan...especially now. this is such a stressful time for everyone and I need a little good news! Have a wonderful life together!

Mary-Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Caterer to Ever Exist

I would give Gadabouts 25/10 stars if I could. I cannot say enough amazing things about working with Eileen from day 1 down to the incredible food she made. From the second I originally emailed her, she was SO easy to work with. She has done her fair share of weddings and had great advice and tips for me. She went above and beyond and answered all of my many and silly questions. We were able to go up to Banner Elk prior to our wedding for a tasting and were blown away with Eileen and her staff. Eileen assisted with how much alcohol to buy, napkin colors and folding, food selection, etc. On the wedding day, her staff showed up on time and were so professional. Her daughter was one of the bar tenders and did an incredible job!
    We selected the favorites fare and the food was to die for. Normally, wedding chicken is dried out and no one eats it, but not Gadabouts! All of my guests are still raving about the food- the waffle skewers, the cheese arrangement, the chicken, the pork, and can’t forget the SMASHED POTATOES!! Guests were actually getting platefuls of the potatoes. I would highly recommend Gadabouts for any bride getting married in the high country area. I am still in awe of how wonderful everything turned out!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Julie · Married on 04/20/2019

More than delicious food - table setting rentals too!

Eileen and her team were incredible professionals and helped not just with delivering a delicious menu but with table settings too! Truly a one-stop shop that eased our wedding planning process. Used a consultative approach to piece together our ideal menu, table settings, and all at an affordable price!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Carley

Carley Keese · Married on 02/11/2019

Delicious and Impeccable!

Eileen was amazing! Not only did she deliver delicious food for both our wedding AND rehearsal but she was super attentive and easy to work with. Her response time is impeccable which helps calm down an anxious bride when juggling several vendors at once! She was flexible and easy to work with and her staff delivered an amazing spread the day of our wedding! Couldn't have asked for a better caterer! Don't fret if you forget last minute things she's your gal to come through and deliver on those items!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Callie · Married on 01/19/2019

January wedding

This company and Eileen were a blessing to work with. They were very easy going with us and worked with my husband and I so well! I couldn’t imagine anything better and the food was great! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/20/2019

maria · Married on 12/15/2018

Great Catering Experience

When planning a Destination Wedding in the NC mountain area, working with the right vendors is going to be crucial...
    Gadabouts Catering was that vendor for our wedding at Twickenham House & Hall. Professional, flexible, great to work with, excellent service and food are just a few words to describe their team.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Jen

Jen Mo-Carroll · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible

Eileen, owner of Gadabouts, was one of my favorite people to work with leading up to my wedding. I actually put my fiancé (now husband) in charge of wedding food and was super skeptical that he could pull it off (LOL). Eileen was so great about suggesting certain foods and how to communicate with our venue.
    Our favorite food was actually the hors d'oeuvres! We did the Ashe County cheese table & our guests LOVED it.
    Service was top notch. If you are getting married in the NC mountains you should seriously consider hiring Gadabouts! My best friend is using them for her wedding next year and I couldn't be more excited. Yum!

Great Food. Incredible Service. Top notch communication.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Betty · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Southern/Tex-Mex Buffet

We have nothing but good things to say about the wedding buffet Gadabouts prepared for our daughter's wedding. The food was excellent, and Eileen and her team did an wonderful job creating a meal that reflected our Southern-meets-Tex-Mex theme. Thank you, Eileen, for working with us and patiently helping us think through every choice! It was perfect.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/21/2018

Eileen and team catered my wedding last Friday (September 21st) and also was our Day Of Coordinator. I don’t even know where to begin...Eileen went above and beyond from the first correspondence until they shut down the wedding night. She has a calming confident energy that I connected to right off the bat and knew she was the one we wanted to work with. She made me feel so at ease throughout the entire process, no question or change in plans was too much or an annoyance for Eileen. She was quick to communicate to every email or call and made sure everything was exactly how we envisioned. I have never heard so many compliments about wedding food, and we have attended a lot of weddings...everything was beyond delicious!! We can not thank you enough and would recommend Gadabouts to anyone in search of a caterer...your guests will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2018

Eileen Gaddy with Gadabouts catering is the BEST! She was so helpful! She always answered my e-mails promptly with detailed answers. She is very organized! You don’t find many organized people like Eileen Gaddy anymore. Not only is Gadabouts food delicious but Eileen also can be hired for day of or month of coordinating. If you can do it hire Eileen for the month of coordinating. She knows the other vendors up there and will coordinate when and what time they need to be at your event. She’s very detailed oriented and I didn’t have to worry about anything with her. She gets it done! She took a lot of worry off of me while planning my daughters wedding. My daughter got married at Overlook Barn at Beech Mtn 8/18/18. I would definitely use Gadabouts and Eileen Gaddy again. Thanks for everything Eileen! Perfect wedding! Suzanne Preston

Sent on 09/15/2018

Name · Married on 08/04/2018

We contracted with Elaine, and Gadabouts, for a wedding rehearsal dinner in Banner Elk, NC.
    She was very easy to work with.
    There were a myriad of food options.
    The options we chose were all amazing. Many of the guests commented as to how good all the food was.
    Gadabouts setup, and served, efficiently and smoothly.
    We highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Patricia · Married on 07/14/2018

Eileen was such a pleasure to work with! She thought of all the things I wouldn’t know to think about. She was amazing at responding quickly! My guests are still raving about the food! I’ve never had a buffet with chicken that wasn’t dry or the carving station over cooked. EVERYTHING was cooked perfectly! Even down to the simplest detail of a salad was excellent! I am so pleased and so were my family and friends!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/19/2018

Eileen was AMAZING. She was both my day of coordinator and my caterer. Her food is amazing. Every guest at my wedding was so pleased. She was very accommodating and provided vegan and vegetarian meals for those guests at my wedding. We met with Eileen multiple times and she was always patient, kind, and ready to answer all of our questions. She ran the show at my wedding and did a fantastic job! I cannot tell you how good her food is and how we loved all the choices at our tasting, it was hard to pick. She hired someone to coordinate our ceremony and she coordinated our reception. Everything went smoothly and both my husband and I could tell she would really go out of the way for us and make our day so special. Thank you, Eileen! 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Jenn · Married on 04/21/2018

Eileen is seriously an angel. We changed our preferences and vision of the catering for our wedding many times, as well as our budget regarding catering. Even after I signed two separate contracts, Eileen was always so quick to respond and accommodating when I wanted to make even more changes! She never once made me feel like I was a bother, always told me she was happy to help and was so patient. Gadabouts offers so many food choices and Eileen and her team will literally make any dream or combination come to life. We had a wonderful tasting and felt right at home at their restaurant in Boone. The servers at our wedding were so professional and went out of their way to make our experience perfect and all of our guests could not stop raving about the food. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Meredith · Married on 03/24/2018

Gadabouts catering is fantastic. Eileen and her family are an absolute pleasure to work with. She has gone above and beyond for my fiancé and I including meeting us at a tour for a tasting to prevent us from driving 4 hours a second time. She is also very attentive to all my needs as far as food is concerned. She is an event Planner as well and has help me find other venues that are to my liking after being disappointed in the past. She is will to travel for events and has made this whole experience a breeze. I would recommend their amazing food to everyone. I recommend her planning services to every Bride out there and just because you aren't local to her doesn't mean she isn't the right caterer for you. Please check out this family owned catering service. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Eileen has been wonderful to work with so far. Gadabouts has a wide array of menu options for a wedding. We can't wait for our consultation to taste the food!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Debbie · Married on 09/03/2017

Eileen and her team were everything we could have hoped for and more for our daighter's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains. She had great recommendations on menu, reception table layout, and china and glassware settings. The food was amazing, service was impeccable, and the mismatched china was perfect. And to top it all of the prices were so reasonable. Thanks for sharing in making our daughter and her new husband's wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

Excellent food and service! They worked with us to provide a menu in our price range and it was perfect.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Justin · Married on 08/05/2017

Gadabouts was incredible to work with! Our entire menu was amazing! Eileen was endlessly helpful with wedding planning. Her attention to detail and open communication made her a perfect fit for us.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Caroline · Married on 07/08/2017

Eileen and her staff are incredible people to work with! From the moment we contacted Eileen, she began working for us. She let us know that the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games were the same weekend as our wedding so we could tell our guests to go ahead and book rooms. Planning from a distance with Eileen was a breeze and she found a way to get everything we wanted within our budget. The food was the best food I've ever had. Guests absolutely raved about it. Instead of wedding cake, we wanted cheesecake and gadabouts supplied those as well. That cheesecake was to die for. I highly recommend including it as a dessert option or going with only cheesecakes like we did. They have tons of different flavors they can make. Some reviews mention negative experiences with staff, but we saw none of those issues. All the staff was polite, quick, and helpful. The manager even offered to take some vases back to our florist for us! They were all dressed appropriately and moved around like ninjas cleaning up dishes and making sure everything was perfect. There was no point in time where we regretted hiring Gadabouts for our wedding. We can't thank them enough for helping to make the day perfect!

Sent on 07/11/2017