Gadabouts Catering Reviews

Gadabouts Catering 2
Gadabouts Catering 3
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Herman Brown · Married on 08/10/2019

The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible!

Gadabouts Catering made our wedding a hit with all of our guests! We had a guest list of 205 people. While it was a large guest list Gadabouts' quality remained a 5/5 stars. The quality of food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and the service was incredible. The entire process was enjoyable from our first meeting to the day of our wedding. The service we received was extremely professional and went above and beyond our expectations. We loved the numerous options we were given for our menu and Eileen worked with us to make it exactly what we envisioned. She also provided all of the flatware, plates and glasses. I am so happy we chose Gadabouts!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Emily

Emily Neff · Married on 08/03/2019

The best food & service around!

Eileen, Billy, & her wonderful team made our wedding day amazing. The food was delicious. Service was amazing. People are still raving about how delightful the food was and asking for Gadabout's information. If you haven't tried their food, schedule a tasting for your big day and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Mary-Kate · Married on 04/27/2019

The Best Caterer to Ever Exist

I would give Gadabouts 25/10 stars if I could. I cannot say enough amazing things about working with Eileen from day 1 down to the incredible food she made. From the second I originally emailed her, she was SO easy to work with. She has done her fair share of weddings and had great advice and tips for me. She went above and beyond and answered all of my many and silly questions. We were able to go up to Banner Elk prior to our wedding for a tasting and were blown away with Eileen and her staff. Eileen assisted with how much alcohol to buy, napkin colors and folding, food selection, etc. On the wedding day, her staff showed up on time and were so professional. Her daughter was one of the bar tenders and did an incredible job!
    We selected the favorites fare and the food was to die for. Normally, wedding chicken is dried out and no one eats it, but not Gadabouts! All of my guests are still raving about the food- the waffle skewers, the cheese arrangement, the chicken, the pork, and can’t forget the SMASHED POTATOES!! Guests were actually getting platefuls of the potatoes. I would highly recommend Gadabouts for any bride getting married in the high country area. I am still in awe of how wonderful everything turned out!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Julie · Married on 04/20/2019

More than delicious food - table setting rentals too!

Eileen and her team were incredible professionals and helped not just with delivering a delicious menu but with table settings too! Truly a one-stop shop that eased our wedding planning process. Used a consultative approach to piece together our ideal menu, table settings, and all at an affordable price!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Callie · Married on 01/19/2019

January wedding

This company and Eileen were a blessing to work with. They were very easy going with us and worked with my husband and I so well! I couldn’t imagine anything better and the food was great! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/20/2019

maria · Married on 12/15/2018

Great Catering Experience

When planning a Destination Wedding in the NC mountain area, working with the right vendors is going to be crucial...
    Gadabouts Catering was that vendor for our wedding at Twickenham House & Hall. Professional, flexible, great to work with, excellent service and food are just a few words to describe their team.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Jen

Jen Mo-Carroll · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible

Eileen, owner of Gadabouts, was one of my favorite people to work with leading up to my wedding. I actually put my fiancé (now husband) in charge of wedding food and was super skeptical that he could pull it off (LOL). Eileen was so great about suggesting certain foods and how to communicate with our venue.
    Our favorite food was actually the hors d'oeuvres! We did the Ashe County cheese table & our guests LOVED it.
    Service was top notch. If you are getting married in the NC mountains you should seriously consider hiring Gadabouts! My best friend is using them for her wedding next year and I couldn't be more excited. Yum!

Great Food. Incredible Service. Top notch communication.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Betty · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect Southern/Tex-Mex Buffet

We have nothing but good things to say about the wedding buffet Gadabouts prepared for our daughter's wedding. The food was excellent, and Eileen and her team did an wonderful job creating a meal that reflected our Southern-meets-Tex-Mex theme. Thank you, Eileen, for working with us and patiently helping us think through every choice! It was perfect.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/21/2018

Eileen and team catered my wedding last Friday (September 21st) and also was our Day Of Coordinator. I don’t even know where to begin...Eileen went above and beyond from the first correspondence until they shut down the wedding night. She has a calming confident energy that I connected to right off the bat and knew she was the one we wanted to work with. She made me feel so at ease throughout the entire process, no question or change in plans was too much or an annoyance for Eileen. She was quick to communicate to every email or call and made sure everything was exactly how we envisioned. I have never heard so many compliments about wedding food, and we have attended a lot of weddings...everything was beyond delicious!! We can not thank you enough and would recommend Gadabouts to anyone in search of a caterer...your guests will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Suzanne · Married on 08/18/2018

Eileen Gaddy with Gadabouts catering is the BEST! She was so helpful! She always answered my e-mails promptly with detailed answers. She is very organized! You don’t find many organized people like Eileen Gaddy anymore. Not only is Gadabouts food delicious but Eileen also can be hired for day of or month of coordinating. If you can do it hire Eileen for the month of coordinating. She knows the other vendors up there and will coordinate when and what time they need to be at your event. She’s very detailed oriented and I didn’t have to worry about anything with her. She gets it done! She took a lot of worry off of me while planning my daughters wedding. My daughter got married at Overlook Barn at Beech Mtn 8/18/18. I would definitely use Gadabouts and Eileen Gaddy again. Thanks for everything Eileen! Perfect wedding! Suzanne Preston

Sent on 09/15/2018

Name · Married on 08/04/2018

We contracted with Elaine, and Gadabouts, for a wedding rehearsal dinner in Banner Elk, NC.
    She was very easy to work with.
    There were a myriad of food options.
    The options we chose were all amazing. Many of the guests commented as to how good all the food was.
    Gadabouts setup, and served, efficiently and smoothly.
    We highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Patricia · Married on 07/14/2018

Eileen was such a pleasure to work with! She thought of all the things I wouldn’t know to think about. She was amazing at responding quickly! My guests are still raving about the food! I’ve never had a buffet with chicken that wasn’t dry or the carving station over cooked. EVERYTHING was cooked perfectly! Even down to the simplest detail of a salad was excellent! I am so pleased and so were my family and friends!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/19/2018

Eileen was AMAZING. She was both my day of coordinator and my caterer. Her food is amazing. Every guest at my wedding was so pleased. She was very accommodating and provided vegan and vegetarian meals for those guests at my wedding. We met with Eileen multiple times and she was always patient, kind, and ready to answer all of our questions. She ran the show at my wedding and did a fantastic job! I cannot tell you how good her food is and how we loved all the choices at our tasting, it was hard to pick. She hired someone to coordinate our ceremony and she coordinated our reception. Everything went smoothly and both my husband and I could tell she would really go out of the way for us and make our day so special. Thank you, Eileen! 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Gadabouts Catering 4
    Gadabouts Catering 5
    Gadabouts Catering 6

Jenn · Married on 04/21/2018

Eileen is seriously an angel. We changed our preferences and vision of the catering for our wedding many times, as well as our budget regarding catering. Even after I signed two separate contracts, Eileen was always so quick to respond and accommodating when I wanted to make even more changes! She never once made me feel like I was a bother, always told me she was happy to help and was so patient. Gadabouts offers so many food choices and Eileen and her team will literally make any dream or combination come to life. We had a wonderful tasting and felt right at home at their restaurant in Boone. The servers at our wedding were so professional and went out of their way to make our experience perfect and all of our guests could not stop raving about the food. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Meredith · Married on 03/24/2018

Gadabouts catering is fantastic. Eileen and her family are an absolute pleasure to work with. She has gone above and beyond for my fiancé and I including meeting us at a tour for a tasting to prevent us from driving 4 hours a second time. She is also very attentive to all my needs as far as food is concerned. She is an event Planner as well and has help me find other venues that are to my liking after being disappointed in the past. She is will to travel for events and has made this whole experience a breeze. I would recommend their amazing food to everyone. I recommend her planning services to every Bride out there and just because you aren't local to her doesn't mean she isn't the right caterer for you. Please check out this family owned catering service. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Katherien · Married on 09/23/2017

Eileen has been wonderful to work with so far. Gadabouts has a wide array of menu options for a wedding. We can't wait for our consultation to taste the food!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Debbie · Married on 09/03/2017

Eileen and her team were everything we could have hoped for and more for our daighter's wedding at Leatherwood Mountains. She had great recommendations on menu, reception table layout, and china and glassware settings. The food was amazing, service was impeccable, and the mismatched china was perfect. And to top it all of the prices were so reasonable. Thanks for sharing in making our daughter and her new husband's wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

Excellent food and service! They worked with us to provide a menu in our price range and it was perfect.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Justin · Married on 08/05/2017

Gadabouts was incredible to work with! Our entire menu was amazing! Eileen was endlessly helpful with wedding planning. Her attention to detail and open communication made her a perfect fit for us.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Caroline · Married on 07/08/2017

Eileen and her staff are incredible people to work with! From the moment we contacted Eileen, she began working for us. She let us know that the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games were the same weekend as our wedding so we could tell our guests to go ahead and book rooms. Planning from a distance with Eileen was a breeze and she found a way to get everything we wanted within our budget. The food was the best food I've ever had. Guests absolutely raved about it. Instead of wedding cake, we wanted cheesecake and gadabouts supplied those as well. That cheesecake was to die for. I highly recommend including it as a dessert option or going with only cheesecakes like we did. They have tons of different flavors they can make. Some reviews mention negative experiences with staff, but we saw none of those issues. All the staff was polite, quick, and helpful. The manager even offered to take some vases back to our florist for us! They were all dressed appropriately and moved around like ninjas cleaning up dishes and making sure everything was perfect. There was no point in time where we regretted hiring Gadabouts for our wedding. We can't thank them enough for helping to make the day perfect!

Sent on 07/11/2017

patti · Married on 06/16/2017

Eileen and her staff were amazing from start to finish!!! The bride was Persian and the groom Swedish so we (the wedding planners; mothers of bride and groom:) had a lot of very unique requests;
    including homemade Swedish limpa bread, hasselback potatoes, and an array of Persian dishes (sorry I cannot spell them) Eileen did her research and the food was splendid...even had someone on site grilling shish kabob. Eileen worked with us and all of our vendors wonderfully. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious! THANK-YOU Gadabouts!!!!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

Gadabouts was the perfect fit for our wedding! Eileen is so responsive and easy to work with. My husband and I went to college in the area but were planning our wedding from 2 hours away, Gadabouts was always there to answer an email or last minute question! The food was delicious and our guest have raved about everything, especially the garlic smashed potatoes!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Sheila · Married on 05/27/2016

Eileen Gaddy (owner) was very helpful from the beginning to the end. She worked with us on the budget we needed to be with and still gave us exceptional quality and service at the reception. Eileen is also a wedding planner, so if your venue requires a wedding planner, I would recommend her as well! Her staff were wonderful to work with and always willing to help. We had a glitch at first and could not find the boutonniere's for the groomsmen, so one of her staff members jumped on it and within minutes had one already made!! We did find ours before the wedding but this just shows they go well beyond their requirements to make your day special.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Gadabouts provided an incredible meal and worked with us on the menu to design the perfect fit. The meal was wonderful and the ladies who attended to our group were attentive and a pleasure to have there. I highly recommend this terrific group!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Jordan · Married on 10/10/2015

Have sampled Gadabouts food two different times and it has been absolutely amazing both times. Eileen is excellent to work with and went above and beyond our expectations, she has been excellent at working on altering the menu to stay within our budget. We are using their services for both our Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding Reception.

Sent on 11/16/2014