Friends Farm Reviews

79 | Belews Creek, NC

79 Reviews for Friends Farm

Julie B. · Married on 09/12/2020

Eric and Julies wedding

Mary lynn is great!!! I did the all inclusive package and it is so worth it!!! All of the guests loved the venue and the beauty of it. Mary lynn helped with everything she is not only the venue owner, she is a true wedding coordinator. She even did all the flowers!! If you are looking for a beautiful venue that checks all the boxes Friends Farm is the place!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/20/2020

Absolutely amazing

Our original venue cancelled on us 2 weeks before our wedding. We found friends farm and she so helpful and so sweet in getting us set up for a new plan at Friends farm. She has everything beautifully decorated, tables, chairs and table clothes for your guests. The morning of the wedding my groom and his groomsmen were able to shoot skeet which was provided by Friends Farm. My bridesmaids and I were picked up and ride down on a hayride to the isle which was perfect. This venue and owners are absolutely amazing. I highly recommend friends farm!

Sent on 06/22/2020

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you for your kind compliments. It was a pleasure to host your beautiful wedding. We enjoyed your nice family and friends as well!
  • Missie

Mary · Married on 05/17/2020

Absolutely amazing

We had the most perfect day!!! We appreciate all Mary’s hard work & help overcoming the pandemic in the world to get married!

Sent on 05/18/2020

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you Mary & AJ, it was a pleasure to be a part of this special day! Wishing you the very best!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2019

Perfect outdoor wedding venue!

Friends Farm was the perfect wedding venue! MaryLynn is so nice, sweet, flexible, and easy to get in touch with. You can tell this is her passion, which made planning our wedding feel even more exciting. The venue is beautiful, we love all the trees, plants, wood structures, lighting, and decor, and love how you can make it more or less rustic depending on your preference. The price is very reasonable. We also loved that we were able to have the whole venue all day, the only wedding/event that day, able to get ready on site, and use our own vendors for food and bring our own alcohol, which many venues do not offer. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Melanie H. · Married on 09/28/2019

Excellent service!

Friends Farm was everything I wanted in a wedding venue and more. Mary took the hassle out of planning a wedding and helped coordinate between all the important vendors. The all inclusive package includes food, photography, venue, decorations, linens, and dj. I loved having all this included so I didn’t have to look up separate vendors. The best part is every vendor was amazing. They provided exceptional service. Mary also listens to feedback from her customers! She is so sweet and is there to help answer any questions. I probably emailed her way too much but she was always so friendly and helpful. If you are looking for and all inclusive with great service look no longer. Friends farm is it! Now let’s talk about the venue, it is absolutely beautiful! You don’t need to have any decorations because this venue is already charming. It is southern, whimsical, and romantic. I also like that there is a pavilion with a roof in case it rains! There are twinkling lights that are so cute when the sun goes down. There is also a fire pit and you can have a s’mores station. Love love this place. I will recommend to all the brides!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra M. · Married on 09/14/2019

September 2019 Wedding

Mary and Pat were instantly welcoming and have the most gorgeous property. Originally, I had wanted to do a wedding in the mountains, but with all of our out-of-town guests, it would have been inconvenient and expensive. Mary and Pat’s place was great and everything we wanted and needed: affordable, a beautiful natural setting, lots of amenities, convenient to Triad locations, and a stream-lined process that helped make everything so much less stressful. Mary and Pat have an amazing eye for details and it shines through in the way they have laid out and decorated their venue and property. As I tell my husband whenever we find a great hiking spot, “it looks like fairies live here!” Between the twinkle lights, the forested stream, and the gorgeous wooden facilities, it really does look like a woodland fantasy. Also, Mary made the most beautiful silk flower arrangements for our bouquets, boutonnieres, and cake, and she has so many cute decorations and accents on hand. I chose to add some centerpieces, make signs, and decorate a memory table, but you can go minimalist with DIY stuff and still have a very beautiful wedding. I would highly recommend choosing a wedding package so that you get the most value. Ours included food, cake, DJ, and part of photography package, in addition to linens, tables, decorations, and plates/utensils. We loved the food and cake from the partnered vendors and the photographer was amazing! The bridal cabin on-site was cozy, but spacious enough for all my bridesmaids to comfortably get ready in, and the bathrooms in the venue were lovely and clean. I would 100% have my wedding here again. If you are not sure about Friends Farm, schedule a tour right away and you will fall in love.

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth M. · Married on 05/10/2019

Best wedding ever!

Friends Farm is such an amazing venue. It is a beautiful spot with so much to offer. We had a wedding there on Oct 5th for our daughter and every one one was so complimentary of EVERYTHING....The food was great, the music was great and Mary and her husband are the BEST..... Mary keeps everything running and handles everything so professionally. Also along with the wedding package the men got to go skeet shooting which was a GREAT hit with them all... Thank you Mary for a perfect day for Cheryl and Drew!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you so much.. what a wonderful day it was! Such a great group of family and friends, you all make my job so enjoyable!

Nicole · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Venue Around!

We live on the NC coast and after researching venues for weeks we decided to check out Friends Farm. We toured the venue in December and even with no leaves on the trees the place was gorgeous! Our fall wedding was everything we wanted and more. Mary and her husband are amazing, the place is so clean and neatly kept. We went with the all inclusive package and I am so glad we did. The price was reasonable and they handled everything from decorating to clean up. The cake was one of the best tasting cakes I've ever had and the food was really good. Mary was always quick to respond to any questions we had and because of her and her husband our wedding day was smooth sailing. We would recommend this place 100 times over!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We enjoyed hosting your special day! Wishing you nothing but the best❤️

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2018

Wonderful wedding venue

This was a dream come true wedding! I couldn’t have asked for a better or more beautiful place to get married!!! So AMAZING!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you Ashley, it was a pleasure to host your special day! Wishing you all the great things that life has to offer!
  • Kayla

Kayla E. · Married on 10/14/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Mary and Pat were phenomenal! They helped us out so much! I will suggest Friends Farm to everyone!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you Kayla, I enjoyed working with you and will never forget your flower girls (grandmothers).
    Best of luck!
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 10/10/2018

So far we are still in the planning stages but my fiancé and myself are so impressed by Mary's attention to detail surrounding our big day. The venue is AMAZING, the getting ready spaces for the bride and groom are well equipped and the value is better than anything I've seen anywhere.

-a very excited couple
    Kerry & Thomas

Sent on 05/08/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you Kerry! Looking forward to hosting your special day!!

Christie · Married on 09/30/2018

Absolutely loved friends farm!! Everything went so smoothly, I didn't have to worry about anything! Mary took care of everything! I couldn't ask for a better venue! It was absolutely beautiful! From the decorations, the food, DJ, cake, photographer, and having Mary with us through the whole process, we could image having our wedding anywhere else!!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/23/2018

Friends Farm is a beautiful venue! Our friends and family are still telling us how beautiful everything was and how much fun they had. From our first visit to tour, to our big day, everything was stress free and relaxed.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you so much! I will never forget your first dance... so beautiful, I must have watched the video 5 times. Thanks for choosing Friends Farm.
  • Cydney

Cydney · Married on 08/18/2018

There are not enough good things to say about Mary and Pat! They made mine and Joe’s wedding process so easy. The all inclusive deal is the way to go! Mary is super easy to work with, beyond friendly, and makes sure your dreams come true! The venue is spectacular. Our guests constantly spoke about how much they loved the venue and how gorgeous it is!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Kayla · Married on 05/26/2018

Friends Farm was truely the perfect venue. Mary helped us piece together what ideas we had and those that we didn't have, when it came to planning the rehersal and wedding. Her and Pat know how to make the venue look very elegant and beautiful. We appreciate every little detail and behind the scenes work that was put into making our day one to remember!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2018

We absolutely fell in love with this place! We did not look at any other venues because we knew this was the perfect one for our special day! Pat and Mary Lynn were amazing to work with & I would highly recommend checking Friends Farm out. :)

Sent on 07/17/2016

Tawni · Married on 05/13/2018

I'm so happy we were able to have our wedding hosted at Friends Farm! Mary Lynn and Pat were wonderful, working with my husband and I as we planned our wedding from California. Mary Lynn was the main point of contact through the planning process but was great at customizing the all inclusive package to our needs. Just from pictures of flowers, Mary Lynn created beautiful bouquets and boutinnieres for the wedding party and our parents. From planning, to set up, to day of coordinating, to clean up; the entire experience was fantastic and the communication made things low stress! My husband and his groomsmen enjoyed skeet shooting immensely, an activity they don't get to do often where we live. The bridal ready cabin was perfect for what we needed, plenty of outlets and adjustable AC! Mary Lynn assisted guests that had a harder time with steps from the parking lot top the venue and back, which was amazingly kind and helpful! The vendors that we used through Friends Farm were great! The communication between Mary Lynn, the other vendors, and us was always open and personalized to our needs! When my husband and I informed Mary Lynn that we dust like cake, she worked with our baker to come up with a special dessert option and a cheesecake for us to cut! We used our own photographer, who was not familiar with the venue, and Mary Lynn worked with our photographer to tour and suggest photo locations! This was such an amazing day that far exceeded our expectations and we are so thankful at the wonderful personalized experience we received as part of our special day!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Laurae · Married on 05/05/2018

To the whole gang at Friends Farm - y’all were truly amazing! A well-oiled machine is an UNDERSTATEMENT! Our experience was happy, flawless and simply incredible!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you for choosing Friends Farm! We wish you the very best!! HATS OFF to our team... Steel Impressions Music ( Ray is so professional, reliable and fun), Ladybug Photography ( Deanna brings a new idea every week, and will make your jitters go away with her amazing personality, Sylivia (Deanna’s assistant is on point, never missing the perfect picture). The Milk Bar catering the best home cooked meals that everyone enjoys and taking great pride in their set up. Minister Bob McKaskil, we just love you and your presence, you are the best! Last but definitely not least a special shout out to Pat ( my husband) who’s hard work and faith in me, built my venue and allowed me to run with this dream! It’s because of All of You we get 5 stars and for that I am so proud snd grateful!

Eva · Married on 04/28/2018

We were their first brunch wedding, and everything turned out beyond perfect. They let us come earlier than most groups and set up everything so nicely. We had crosswords and favors at every seat at the reception, and Mary had it all set up for us that morning. Our biggest request was a WAFFLE TOWER and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! Honestly, could not have been more perfect. Hope more people plan brunch weddings here!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

We hope that you have started something here at Friends Farm and more couples request a morning wedding... it was perfect!!! Thank you and we wish you the very best!!

Carrie · Married on 04/21/2018

Friends Farm was the most perfect place for our wedding! The property is gorgeous, and Mary and Pat went above and beyond to make sure our day was just how we wanted it. I can't recommend Friends Farm enough!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

We enjoyed hosting your special day, such a beautiful wedding and so much fun!

Leslie · Married on 04/07/2018

Having our wedding at Friends Farm was amazing and stress free. Everything was put together perfectly and it was very beautiful. I have always wanted an outside wedding and as soon as I seen Friends Farm, I knew it would be the perfect place! Mary and Pat are very helpful and kind, they are great at what they do!

Sent on 04/13/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

Thank you for choosing Friends Farm to host your very special day, we enjoyed hosting this for you! Wishing you the very best!!

Rachel · Married on 11/09/2017

I wanted to have a very small intimate wedding so I started looking for venues that could accommodate what I wanted. I did some research on the internet and found Friednds Farm Wedding Venue. I saw that they had an elopement package that included an officiant, venue, and cake. When looking over the package I saw that it stated only eight people so I called and spoke with Mary, who was great by the way,I told her what I wanted and that I would have around 12 people and she told me it was fine. Mary was very accommodating and easy to work with. The day was perfect and everybody at the wedding loved the venue. If you are looking for something small, the elopement package is great. I would absolutely recommend this place.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Sam · Married on 10/21/2017

We had such an amazing wedding. Everything about our day went so well! There is not a single thing we would have changed. MaryLynn and Pat were both so lovely to work with. We heard from so many guests about how much they loved the venue and how accommodating it was to all ages. It provided our guests with such a inviting environment. And the boys all loved the skeet shooting! We highly recommend booking your wedding at Friends Farm! Thank you for allowing us to have our perfect day.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Meagan · Married on 10/01/2017

We absolutely fell in love with this place. It was exactly everything we ever wanted and dreamed of. Pat and Mary are amazing and awesome people. They pretty much did everything for us and couldn’t have asked for a better wedding venue (or two better people). We give them 10 stars because they truly deserve it. Absolutely stunning!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Hannah · Married on 09/30/2017

Friends Farm was the perfect venue for our wedding. We were nervous about planning a wedding across the country from where we live but Mary made it so easy. She adapted to our schedule and responded quickly to any questions we had. She also made for a smooth and easy wedding day. The venue is beautiful and the decorations amplify that, especially the strings of light at night!! Many of my guests told me “I wish I would have been married here”.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Friends Farm's reply:

We enjoyed hosting your special day, and also enjoyed your family and friends as well. Best of everything!