Freeport Bakery Reviews

141 Reviews for Freeport Bakery

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/10/2020

Hands Down, The Best Dsserts

Freeport Bakery has always been one of my local favorites so it was no question who we were going to choose for our wedding. Amy and Susan were great to work with while planning our dessert bar and small cutting cake and day of everything tasted perfect and was just beautiful!

Sent on 10/15/2020

Hi Kimberly,

You made our day with your sweet words! We're so glad you Kamari loved everything. We enjoyed getting to know you and making your wedding dessert dreams come true!

Wishing you love, joy and good health! :)

• Karissa

Karissa Garcia · Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful Wedding Cake

We had a 2-tier wedding cake that made for a beautiful centerpiece on our desserts table for our wedding. We were so pleased with the care and attention that went into the details on the cake and the safe delivery as well.

Our son was actually the one who selected the flavors for the cake and was the first one to take a bite - it made for a precious family moment that we won’t ever forget. Thank you so much, Freeport Bakery!

Sent on 10/18/2020
  • I

Irene Sutton · Married on 09/12/2020

Freeport Bakery

I have been getting my cakes from Freeport Bakery for years, they are the best! My wedding cake was superb!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Noonan · Married on 07/07/2020

Divine Wedding Cake with Excellent Service!

Growing up in Sacramento, I always knew that Freeport Bakery was simply the best. When our wedding plans changed dramatically from a 150-person wedding in Tahoe to a 30 person intimate ceremony in Sacramento, we needed a wedding cake on short notice. Without hesitation, we reached out to Freeport Bakery. They offered to-go cake tasting of the flavors we were interested in, which was an incredibly fun experience during a difficult planning season. Even with expectations of excellence, the cakes were more delicious than we could have imagined. We ordered a small circular cake to cut and a sheet cake to share- Italian buttercream frosting, white cake, and raspberry buttercream filling. The cakes were beautiful and absolutely delicious- every friend and family member commented on how wonderful they tasted. We are so glad Freeport Bakery was a part of our special day, and we highly recommend their services to any couple getting married!

Sent on 08/22/2020

Mildred Heslop Chua · Married on 02/29/2020

Best in Town

I consider this to be one of the best bakeries in Sacramento. I had my 40th Birthday cake from Freeport Bakery 20 yrs ago and I always remembered how good it was. I just had my wedding cake from here and it was delicious. The tasting experience was good, everything was explained to us, and the price was better than we expected. They even call with suggestions if they taught something that we requested wasn’t going to work out. We highly recommended this bakery for any occasion cake. Thank you for your services.

Sent on 03/11/2020

Tayler Moyher · Married on 10/21/2019

Beautiful desserts that taste AMAZING

My husband and I would 100% recommend Freeport Bakery for all your needs, including your wedding needs! Their staff is excellent, and very professional and responsive to you. We loved having our guest enjoy our desserts and we personally loved having our cake! We were also able to purchase a small anniversary cake for next yr in advance (you get a discount!) which were so excited for!

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • Josh

Josh · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Bakery in Sacramento!

We got married a few weeks ago at the Old Sugar Mill, and Freeport Bakery provided the most incredible desserts! First - we loved our tasting. The way Freeport sets up their cake tastings is so fun, we got to mix and match all the flavors we wanted to come up with the pairing that worked best for us. Our cake was a huge hit, and it was simply beautiful and delish. We also ordered caramel and strawberry cupcakes for the wedding and we received lots of complements about how amazing everything tasted. Freeport was so easy to work with, and we can’t wait to order more cupcakes for all our big life events along the way. We recommend Freeport for any event you might be planning - they’re so professional and lovely to work with, and their cakes are amazing! You won’t regret it :)

Sent on 11/10/2019

Hi Josh,
    That was the sweetest review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words. We are delighted to know how much you loved your wedding desserts. I will pass along your sentiments to our wedding staff. Congratulations!

Warmly,
    Susan
  • Rocky

Raquel · Married on 10/04/2019

Gorgeous Wedding Cake

When me and my now husband were in the process of wedding planning we knew that we wanted to have Freeport Bakery to make our cake. We got married at Scribner Bend Vineyards and when I saw the cake I was so happy because it was exactly what I wanted. The cake was delicious and we got so many compliments about the cake too. Freeport Bakery provided amazing service!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Freeport Bakery's reply:

Thank you for writing such kind words for us! (:
    We are honored to have been apart of your big day and so glad that you loved your cake!

Kind Regards,
    Amy
  • Kalliah

Kalliah Cuellar · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Cake in Sacramento

Freeport Bakery lives up to its reputation. Yes, it may be a little more expensive but the flavor is well worth it. We ordered a small 2 tier cake for 180 guests and that ended up being more than enough. If you want a delicious wedding cake that guests will enjoy, use Freeport! Well worth it.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Freeport Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Kalliah! We are delighted to have been a part of your magical day! :)
  • Melita

Melita Ann Deci · Married on 07/06/2019

Unicorn Bridal Shower Cake!!!

Freeport bakery is the BEST! My sister surprised me with a unicorn cake for my bridal shower and I couldn't have loved it more!!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Aryana

Aryana · Married on 06/08/2019

Overall Great Experience

Our consultant Shelby was amazing, she was full of energy & very Thorough. She was able to answer any questions that my fiancée & I had. She provided us with multiple options that fell within our budget as well as making suggestions to better fit what we were looking for. The cakes & filling that we tasted were delicious, especially the Coffee Mousse!!! We’re so glad that we were able to get out cake with Freeport.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Madelyn · Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing Bakery

Freeport Bakery was amazing for our wedding. We had a small cake to cut and cupcakes for our guest! Everyone loved them! So yummy!

Sent on 07/03/2019

stephanie · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful and tasty cake

We used Freeport for a small wedding cake and mini cupcakes and they turned out amazing! I do wish they has some more unique flavors, but the ones they do have are amazing!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Krystal

Krystal Tanioka · Married on 05/10/2019

Nothing but great!

I used Freeport Bakery for my wedding dessert table and I love that they have a variety of desserts - from many choices of dessert cups to rice krispy treats to mini pies. My guests were not disappointed! And everyone who I talked to in person or over email were very professional - responded in a timely manner and accommodated any adjustments we had to make. I would definitely use them again for any big parties we may have in the future!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Hi Krystal,

Thanks so much for including us in your big day! It was an honor and we are ecstatic that you loved everything! (:

Sincerely,
    Freeport Bakery Wedding Deparment
  • Allison

Allison Wiley · Married on 11/23/2018

Terrific staff! Delivery on time! Amazing

Great service! The cake department were very accommodating! They created our vision perfectly! Our wedding guest are still talking about how amazing the cake looked and tasted!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle Childs · Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious fall wedding cake!

Freeport provided our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Our tasting was led by Shelby, who was very friendly and professional. We chose a three tier semi-nude cake that we had them decorate with fall fruit. We got a lot of compliments on the cake look and taste. We threw in an order of vegan chocolate cupcakes for our vegan guests. Many people commented on how delicious the cupcakes were and were shocked when we told them they were vegan. The entire process with Freeport bakery was very easy, the price was affordable, and the cake and cupcakes were amazing!

Our guest count was 90, but we chose to order cake for 100 and cupcakes for 50. We rented a cake stand and three tier cupcake stand.

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Kimberlie

Kimberlie Hicks-Meier · Married on 10/20/2018

Elegant and Beautifully Perfect

Freeport created our beautiful cake! It was perfect!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Julissa · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding cake from Freeport was delicious and was easily my favorite of all the desserts we had at the wedding! They were great at communicating with us as well as switching things to fit our needs. They provided a great service to us during the tasting as well!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Freeport. The Bridal Department is fantastic. We went to them twice during this wedding process- first for the Bridal Shower (a Tiffany's theme) and then for our official cake. I wanted to do the Southern Cake Pull tradition during the wedding, and they helped me implement this seamlessly. They took my visions for the cake and it came out exactly as I wanted. They transported it and put the flowers on too to ease our stress (for an additional fee- $25 for the flowers to be placed and $75 for the transportation). Many guests commented that it was the best cake they had ever had and I could not agree more.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/13/2018

We had freeport do the cake and dessert assortment for our wedding last weekend. It was all amazing!!! People raved about the cake and nothing was left over. They were so easy to work with and our tasting was so fun! We loved everything. We tasted somewhere else before and freeport out shined them in every way. The wedding department was easy to work with and honestly everything was reasonably priced. Thank you freeport!!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Chantel · Married on 02/03/2018

Beautiful cake and so delicious

Sent on 02/10/2018
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 10/15/2017

Every step of the process was absolutely outstanding! Our cake was not only beautiful, but delicious. Pictures do not even do it justice:) Thank you to the wonderful people who had a hand in either the making or the delivery of this beautiful cake. I can't thank you enough:)

Sent on 10/23/2017

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2017

I love love love Freeport Bakery! Our wedding cake was so heavenly! The entire process went so smoothly and the end product was above and beyond our expectations. The cake tasting was so yummy I could not wait to have our cake on our wedding day. For our cake we ordered all three tiers to be chocolate cake but the fillings were different: top tier: chocolate mousse , middle tier: caramel mousse, Bottom tier: mocha mousse and chocolate mousse. We also ordered a half sheet of buttermilk cake with chocolate buttercream. The Italian meringue for the outside frosting was so yummy! We chose the simple tri dot with "R" décor for the cake frosting and it was so pretty and elegant in person. Our cake all together with the topper and flowers was simply stunning!

I can't wait for our one year anniversary so I can have more of the cake! I 100% recommend Freeport Bakery. They have exceptional service and super delicious cakes.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Kathy · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so happy with the cake we got from Freeport Bakery. It was beautiful and exactly what we discussed in planning. I appreciate their online scheduling feature, too. The consult and planning conversations went smoothly and they were professional even when my communication was not the most timely. Thanks so much!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Cassondra · Married on 08/12/2017

We had our wedding at Scribner Bend Vineyards, and Freeport Bakery was on their list of preferred wedding vendors for the dessert. My husband and I are not a huge fan of cake, and we loved the idea of doing personal size pies for all of our guests, and just a small cutting cake for him and I. I was ecstatic when Lilly from Freeport sent me photos of past weddings they had done this for, and couldn't wait to meet with her.

For the tasting, my husband had to work so I went on my own. Lilly had everything ready to go, and gave tons of things to try, and every single thing I tasted was absolutely delicious! I even loved the cake! She even packed a giant to go box with everything labeled so I could take it home to my husband for him to try.

We were able to make changes all the way up until 2 weeks before our wedding and Savannah and Lilly were extremely responsive and accommodating to all my requests, questions and needs. Our guests raved about the pies, and our cutting cake was gorgeous and tasted delicious! We can't wait to order from them in the future for other special events. Thank you again to Freeport Bakery for helping to make our day so special and complete!

Sent on 08/25/2017