Freeport Bakery Reviews

Freeport Bakery 7
  • Allison

Allison Wiley · Married on 11/23/2018

Terrific staff! Delivery on time! Amazing

Great service! The cake department were very accommodating! They created our vision perfectly! Our wedding guest are still talking about how amazing the cake looked and tasted!

• Danielle

Danielle Childs · Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious fall wedding cake!

Freeport provided our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Our tasting was led by Shelby, who was very friendly and professional. We chose a three tier semi-nude cake that we had them decorate with fall fruit. We got a lot of compliments on the cake look and taste. We threw in an order of vegan chocolate cupcakes for our vegan guests. Many people commented on how delicious the cupcakes were and were shocked when we told them they were vegan. The entire process with Freeport bakery was very easy, the price was affordable, and the cake and cupcakes were amazing!

Our guest count was 90, but we chose to order cake for 100 and cupcakes for 50. We rented a cake stand and three tier cupcake stand.

• Kimberlie

Kimberlie Hicks-Meier · Married on 10/20/2018

Elegant and Beautifully Perfect

Freeport created our beautiful cake! It was perfect!

Julissa · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding cake from Freeport was delicious and was easily my favorite of all the desserts we had at the wedding! They were great at communicating with us as well as switching things to fit our needs. They provided a great service to us during the tasting as well!

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Freeport. The Bridal Department is fantastic. We went to them twice during this wedding process- first for the Bridal Shower (a Tiffany's theme) and then for our official cake. I wanted to do the Southern Cake Pull tradition during the wedding, and they helped me implement this seamlessly. They took my visions for the cake and it came out exactly as I wanted. They transported it and put the flowers on too to ease our stress (for an additional fee- $25 for the flowers to be placed and $75 for the transportation). Many guests commented that it was the best cake they had ever had and I could not agree more.

Ashley · Married on 04/13/2018

We had freeport do the cake and dessert assortment for our wedding last weekend. It was all amazing!!! People raved about the cake and nothing was left over. They were so easy to work with and our tasting was so fun! We loved everything. We tasted somewhere else before and freeport out shined them in every way. The wedding department was easy to work with and honestly everything was reasonably priced. Thank you freeport!!

Chantel · Married on 02/03/2018

Beautiful cake and so delicious

Freeport Bakery 8
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 10/15/2017

Every step of the process was absolutely outstanding! Our cake was not only beautiful, but delicious. Pictures do not even do it justice:) Thank you to the wonderful people who had a hand in either the making or the delivery of this beautiful cake. I can't thank you enough:)

Freeport Bakery 9

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2017

I love love love Freeport Bakery! Our wedding cake was so heavenly! The entire process went so smoothly and the end product was above and beyond our expectations. The cake tasting was so yummy I could not wait to have our cake on our wedding day. For our cake we ordered all three tiers to be chocolate cake but the fillings were different: top tier: chocolate mousse , middle tier: caramel mousse, Bottom tier: mocha mousse and chocolate mousse. We also ordered a half sheet of buttermilk cake with chocolate buttercream. The Italian meringue for the outside frosting was so yummy! We chose the simple tri dot with "R" décor for the cake frosting and it was so pretty and elegant in person. Our cake all together with the topper and flowers was simply stunning!

I can't wait for our one year anniversary so I can have more of the cake! I 100% recommend Freeport Bakery. They have exceptional service and super delicious cakes.

Freeport Bakery 10

Kathy · Married on 09/22/2017

I am so happy with the cake we got from Freeport Bakery. It was beautiful and exactly what we discussed in planning. I appreciate their online scheduling feature, too. The consult and planning conversations went smoothly and they were professional even when my communication was not the most timely. Thanks so much!

Cassondra · Married on 08/12/2017

We had our wedding at Scribner Bend Vineyards, and Freeport Bakery was on their list of preferred wedding vendors for the dessert. My husband and I are not a huge fan of cake, and we loved the idea of doing personal size pies for all of our guests, and just a small cutting cake for him and I. I was ecstatic when Lilly from Freeport sent me photos of past weddings they had done this for, and couldn't wait to meet with her.

For the tasting, my husband had to work so I went on my own. Lilly had everything ready to go, and gave tons of things to try, and every single thing I tasted was absolutely delicious! I even loved the cake! She even packed a giant to go box with everything labeled so I could take it home to my husband for him to try.

We were able to make changes all the way up until 2 weeks before our wedding and Savannah and Lilly were extremely responsive and accommodating to all my requests, questions and needs. Our guests raved about the pies, and our cutting cake was gorgeous and tasted delicious! We can't wait to order from them in the future for other special events. Thank you again to Freeport Bakery for helping to make our day so special and complete!

allison · Married on 07/08/2017

Freeport made our flourless (wheat free) single tier cake and an assortment of delicious treats for our dessert bar. We ordered more items than we thought we needed yet our bar was cleared in record time and our guests raving about the sweets! Our consultation appointment/ dessert tasting was easy (and fun :) and the team was always responsive to any questions we had. On the day of the wedding everything was delivered on time and looking gorgeous! I'm so thankful we picked Freeport as our wedding baker!

Shannon · Married on 05/27/2017

Freeport Bakery is a Sacramento staple. Their products are amazing. My fiance and I really enjoyed our tasting and was shocked at how reasonably priced our cake was. They even let us do two different flavors at no extra cost. We sent them an email photo of what we want our cake to look like, and they said they can match it exactly. Cannot wait to see it all come together at the wedding!

• Nichole

Nichole · Married on 11/26/2016

What can I say, the proof is in the pudding. Freeport bakery never lets me down, we used them for our wedding cake this past weekend and it was amazing, from the look, to the taste, to the special touches and requests. This is the place to get your wedding cake if you want to leave you guest absolutely blown away!

Nicole · Married on 11/06/2016

Everything at Freeport is phenomenal! Our tasting was by far superior to any of the other tastings we went to. Customer service is top notch, they don't rush or pressure you and treat you like a valued client. They listen to what you want and help design your perfect cake! We went with a smaller two tiered cake and a dessert bar - their napoleons are the best I've ever had! Make your wedding cake decision an easy one and go to Freeport!

• Krystin

Krystin · Married on 10/15/2016

Delicious, beautiful and reasonably priced. Wedding cakes are usually the one place you get ripped off. But Freeport doesn't do that. We got both a 3-tier cake and a sheet cake and everyone raved about it!

Sasha · Married on 10/14/2016

I loved everything about our wedding cake and the planning process. The tasting was great, the cake options were beautiful while still providing options for staying on budget. We were even still able to eat the leftovers after we came back from our 2 week honeymoon. Can't wait for our anniversary so we can have a our cake again!

Aimee · Married on 10/01/2016

My cake was perfect and tasted amazing! There was more then I needed so recommend going with the smaller size.

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

Our cake was absolutely amazing! The tasting was also fun and had us so excited to move forward with them as our bakery. We did a naked cake with a middle layer of vegan chocolate - it looked just as good as it tasted and did not melt or disappoint!

Freeport Bakery is one of my husbands favorites so when it came time to choose a cake Freeport was top of the list. They were amazing to work with. The created exactly what I had envisioned and the cake was delicious! We got a small cake for us to cut and sheet cake for our guests. We did the fruit basket sheet cake and everyone LOVED it. I had many of our guests come up to me telling me how good the cake was and that they had multiple slices. If you want a beautiful delicious cake go with Freeport!

Adrienne · Married on 07/16/2016

This was a seamless experience, and we LOVED our cake. Delicious AND beautiful!

Colleena · Married on 03/19/2016

After the tasting at Freeport Bakery, I knew immediately that they would be the perfect option for my wedding cake and cupcakes. They sit down with you and explain how each filling goes with each different cake. The tasting portion was huge. They even let me box up the rest to bring home to my fiance and sisters.

KATRIN · Married on 10/17/2015

We were very happy with Freeport Bakery as our wedding cake vendor. We enjoyed the tasting session which already showed off the quality of their cakes. We loved what we tasted. We decided on a two tier cake and sheets which we could all order with different flavors. They give you lots of suggestions of what your cake can look like, you can choose from many pictures in their suggestion book. I chose a design that was close to what they offered but not exactly like it so I was excited to see the end result which was beautiful. My florist added flower arrangement on it which made it the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. I loved how flexible Freeport Bakery was with the design and also sending the paperwork to me earlier. We can definitely recommend Freeport Bakery.

• O

Olga · Married on 10/17/2015

I love how our wedding cake turned out! We were very happy with Freeport bakery as our wedding cake vendor! We received a lot of compliments from our guests on how delicious our wedding cake was. Our consultation before the wedding was also easy to schedule and the tasting of the cakes was helpful! We had four layers of the champagne cake and they were absolutely beautiful and delicious! I am so happy we chose Freeport bakery and would highly recommend them!

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/10/2015

LOVE their carrot cake! We did our cake tasting (which is the best part of wedding planning!) and everything was so good. It was hard to make decisions and I already knew I wanted carrot cake for at least one layer, just for myself! I wanted a pretty basic design which made the appointment pretty quick. I emailed my design ideas and cake topper and I'm ready to go for the big day!