Freas Photography Reviews

93 Reviews for Freas Photography

• Yoselyn

Yoselyn Bencosme 路 Getting married on 12/06/2021

He is the BEST

My husband and I are blown away by Michael's talent. He made our wedding day the most special day of our lives! From the moment we met Michael we knew he was the one. His work speaks for itself and he has a way of brining the day to life with his eye for magic and his warm and refreshing personality. I personally hate taking pictures but our wedding day was my one exception, thanks to Michael making me feel so at ease.
    I feel Michael has a supernatural gift for capturing once in a lifetime moments and he keeps it fun, professional and spectacular all the way. He is a genius at what he does and I鈥檓 so happy to see someone who is so talented and gifted, using their gifts to bless the world.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts 馃挄

Sent on 08/12/2020

Freas Photography's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a party of this special day in your life. It was an absolute pleasure working with you, and look forward to seeing you in the very near future!
  • Shaylee

Shaylee Pedersen 路 Getting married on 04/02/2021

Amazing experience!

Michael was a complete joy to work with from start to finish. Through the planning process and actual photo shoot, he makes you feel comfortable and like he is personalizing the session to you as a couple. Michael is easy going and just an overall blast to be around. He has a way of making sure you have fun during the shoot and it shows in his photos. We are blown away by the experience overall and by the incredible photos he gave us. I would recommend Michael's work over and over again!

Sent on 03/25/2020

Freas Photography's reply:

Shaylee! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day! I had a great time showing you two around! Good times!
  • Nicole

Nicole Bounds 路 Getting married on 10/24/2020

Best Photographer Experience Ever!

My husband and I recently eloped in Key West. Being from out of town, we were nervous about what vendors and people to work with and who to trust. Michael immediately quieted the concern over which photographer to use. He was so helpful from the get go and took time to get to know us starting day 1. On the day of our event, he made the experience fun, lighthearted, and seamless by going above and beyond to make us feel like the time we had to take pictures was all about having fun, enjoying the day, and sharing some laughter. We've received AMAZING sneak peak pictures already and can not wait to see the rest of his work. If you are looking for an amazing photographer, go with Michael Freas!

Sent on 07/13/2020

• Mysha

Mysha Browning 路 Married on 08/03/2020

Best Photographer You Can Get!!!

I could not recommend Freas Photography more highly! Michael has an amazing eye and he genuinely cares about making your wedding special and it comes through in his photos. If you want a photographer who is truly going to capture the story of your special day, Michael Freas is definitely the way to go!

Sent on 04/27/2020

• Angela

Angela 路 Married on 08/01/2020

Absolutely the BEST there is!

This review is loooong overdue! What is there to say about Michael except that he is鈥

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! THE BEST, MOST STUNNING PHOTOGRAPHER, EVER!

The moment my new husband and I became engaged, I knew that in planning any wedding, the photographer was going to be one of the most important decisions we would make for our wedding. Planning a dream wedding without the fairytale photos is absolutely pointless. Moreover, I knew that I didn鈥檛 want the regurgitated typical staged poses that have been the norm for the last century. I wanted someone to capture the moments, the emotions, the art. Michael is not only an amazing photographer, but his work tells the story in the most unobtrusive and artistic way.

I stalked Michael鈥檚 work having found him on Instagram while looking for a photographer that knew my venue and took the best photos, by the advice of one of my best friends, and bridesmaid, who is also an amazing photographer. She said I needed someone that knew the ins and outs of the venue, the lighting, etc鈥 She was right, but even knowing how important this all was, I was intimidated by the cost. Michael instantly scoffed at my resistance and worked with me to make it happen within my budget. This was only the start.

Who would have known, at that time, that COVID-19, was going to be the act of god, that I could never have planned for? Needless to say, three weeks before our wedding we were postponed. Michael not only worked with me to change the date without penalizing me, but also called a couple vendors, along with my amazing planner, to get everyone on board. Michael and I continued to communicate through the entire postponement, becoming friends impassioned by the many politics surrounding the whole pandemic.

On the day of, Michael showed up true to form, full of energy. He is like that friend you haven鈥檛 seen in years, but you pick right up where you left off like you never missed a day. My husband, normally awkward in photos, instantly felt comfortable with Michael鈥 He was a true guys guy, and my husband actually had fun throughout the entire process!

If you are debating at all鈥 stop now, you have found your photographer!

Michael, I cannot thank you enough for all you did for us! We may catch up w you for an anniversary shoot in North Carolina!

Sent on 09/17/2020
  • Kim

Kim Carter 路 Married on 07/08/2020

Amazing photographer

Micheal is Amazing. If you want a perfect wedding day with perfect pictures he is your guy. He goes way above and beyond for his Brides and Grooms. Our weddding day was 100 times better with him there. Our family loved him and our pictures are more beautiful than i could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Erin

Erin Lasala Phillips 路 Married on 05/03/2020

Amazing experience

When we first began looking for a photographer for our elopement we didn't quite know what we wanted, but after looking at Michael's website we knew he was the person we wanted to work with. I hate super posed photos and wanted our portraits to really be "us," not cookie-cutter or look like stock photos. After speaking with him we definitely knew we made the right choice. Since we were coming in from out of town Michael offered to meet up with us the day before our wedding and scout the perfect locations for our ceremony and photos in the Key West Garden Club. He was funny and very down to earth, making us feel very comfortable. The day of our wedding he timed our final photos perfect and caught the incredible Key West sunset I had hoped and dreamed would be the backdrop of our portraits. To say we are happy with our photos is an understatement. We absolutely love them!

Sent on 04/12/2020

Freas Photography's reply:

Erin + Michael! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day! I had a great time, and thank you for trusting me with the sunset! Good times!
  • Genna

Genna Lee Brooks 路 Married on 02/22/2020

The BEST and most creative wedding photographer!

Mike was definitely my first choice when picking our wedding photographer! He has such a unique style and (personality to match!). He was easy to work with and quick to respond in the months leading up to the wedding. Mike takes the time to get to know his clients in advance so that he can best capture their day. The photos turned out beautifully and everyone that sees them says he captured our personalities spot on! Hands down he was the best choice we made among all the wedding decisions.

Sent on 04/02/2020

Freas Photography's reply:

Genna & Paul! Thank you for the dinosaurs, the PT seasoning, the hamburger Thank You cards, and being awesome! It was an honor! Good Times!
  • Thais

Thais Lage 路 Married on 01/10/2020

Best Photographer Ever!

Where do I even begin with Mike and his work? Mike shot my wedding in Sorrento, Italy. He was incredibly professional, informative, and helpful throughout the whole process. My husband and I are quite awkward in front of a camera, but with Mike's humor and guidance, our pictures came out amazing! Because our wedding was a destination wedding, Mike took the time to video chat with us, and we looked on Google Street View at all the local spots. He also arrived several days early to scope out some good spots near the venue to take pictures. I would recommend him to anyone who wants their wedding to be fun, relaxed, and beautifully captured! We cannot thank Mike enough for all the time, care, and work he put into capturing our perfect day.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Freas Photography's reply:

Best wedding couples ever! Thanks for taking me to Italy! That was absolutely amazing, and was such an amazing experience! Thanks a million!
  • shana

shana 路 Married on 12/14/2019

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Mike Freas as our photographer.

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Mike as our photographer.

We were married December 2019 at the Hemingway House in Key West, FL. Mike was an obvious choice as his work spoke for itself. His portfolio displayed the exact vibe we were going for 鈥 effortless, fun, artistic, unique. We told Mike from the get-go that we wanted to limit posed pictures. We wanted all candids with the hopes of capturing real, unstaged moments. Mike most definitely delivered our vision. He was a true ninja, getting on the dance floor and capturing all of our guests having a great time.

Mike was so familiar with the Hemingway property, he knew from experience exactly what was going to work. He knew EVERY SINGLE ONE of our vendors personally and spoke with them directly to work out all the details - which made it soooo easy for us! During the months leading up to our wedding, people around town would ask 鈥渨ho is your photographer鈥 and when we mentioned Mike Freas they said he was the best.

Our favorite part of our wedding day was driving around before our ceremony took place 鈥 snapping pics all over Key West. He is so chill and laid back, he made our wedding day relaxed and fun. If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and call him right now! We were over 18 months out and he was already filling up his schedule.

Sent on 02/07/2020

Freas Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh! We had soooo much fun! Shana and Patrick thanks for being awesome! Hope to be able to hang out some when I get to South Florida! What a fun night!
  • Kayla

Kayla Dickerson 路 Married on 11/24/2019

Michael Freas is the best in the business!

We absolutely LOVE Michael Freas! He was referred to us by a friend and it was honestly one of the best matches in this entire wedding process. He is so organized, and his authentic self which makes the process of getting to know each other fun and easy. He truly cares about his work, his attention to detail, and knowing you as a couple - so be prepared to have real conversations. Go into the experience with ideas around what you want and Michael will make sure it all happens. We met several times leading up to the wedding via skype which was a great way to stay connected. On the day of, he was everywhere! He captured the MOST AMAZING first look pictures and puts such quality in his work. We haven't seen everything yet, but what we have seen we are obsessed with. At the wedding, everywhere I turned around he was there capturing the moment, so we were able to just be us and enjoy that night and he captured everything we were experiencing. He works hard and it shows!!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Freas Photography's reply:

Kayla + George! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day! Thanks for having a kick ass band, and throwing one of the best receptions! Good times!

Rachel 路 Married on 06/29/2019

My now fianc茅 hired Mike for a surprise proposal shoot in Key West! Everything was perfectly coordinated, and I had no idea there was photographer shooting photos just behind the bushes while we were on the beach. Then we had an amazing photo shoot and our happiness and excitement is captured in a variety of shots with the beautiful backdrop at Fort Zachary Taylor State Park. We received our edited images so quickly as promised and I love them!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Freas Photography's reply:

I had such a great time being a part of this great surprise! Congrats!!

Ashley Mele 路 Married on 04/09/2019

We love michael freas photography!

My husband and I truly cannot say enough how happy we are that we chose Michael Freas Photography for our wedding. From the day we hired him it was easy, efficient, and smooth sailing. Michael really cares about each of his clients and is extremely talented. On the day of the wedding Michael ran the show which is exactly what we needed. He took control of the day and made everything run smoothly and made sure we got all the photos we wanted but still stayed on time and it was honestly the most helpful quality. The day of can get really chaotic but Michael and his team made everything run smoothly which eased our nerves. Then we got our photos back (in less than a month) and we were blown away. The quality of his work is channeled though every photo and we relive our wedding day every time we look through them. He captured every candid special moment and we are so beyond grateful. If you are looking for a wedding photographer, look no further than Michael Freas Photography. He is AMAZING in every way鉂わ笍

Sent on 05/16/2019

Freas Photography's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure being a part of your day! I dont think I have cried so many happy tears in my life!

Tara 路 Married on 03/16/2019

Absolutely the best!

Freas photography blows the competitors out of the water. His images are classic, but also fun and modern. He has an incredible eye for light and can capture moments that would pass in a blink of an eye. Mike is so friendly to work with, he keeps you at ease and makes you genuinely laugh (no fake smiles in our photos!). When our timeline got interrupted in our wedding in March he made sure to stay later than planned to capture a late night cake cutting and last song on the dance floor. If you're looking for unique, genuine, meaningful (pose-free) photos you have to hire Freas Photography. We are so glad we chose Freas and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Freas Photography's reply:

Oh I cant wait to start working on your images! What a great day it was! Thank you again for allowing me the honor of capturing your day!
  • Katie

Katie Gillis 路 Married on 03/02/2019

Mike is the best there is!

If you want AMAZING photos and a photographer who truly captures those memorable moments, look no further than Mike Freas! I love his photojournalism style!!! His photos tell a story and documented our day so well, so much so, that when I looked back through the photos, I was reliving each moment! Even more, he brings a fun, creative energy to the day! He put in an awesome request with our band to get the dance floor packed! His photos are pure genius and he is an absolute pro! I'll cherish these photos forever!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Jaylin

Jaylin Thacker 路 Married on 02/16/2019

No more searching for your photographer, this is him!

Mike is a the type of person who feel like you've known for years. Having TRUST in your photographer is so important!!! Mike is an individual who truly loves his craft, and is always looking to push the boundaries when it comes to wedding photography. Mike's composition and exposure skills shine through his work. We're obsessed with the outcome of our photos. Thank you Mike!

Sent on 02/16/2019

hannah 路 Married on 01/01/2019

Made our dreams come true

Couldn鈥檛 have asked for a better photographer! Not only were are photos amazing. Michael was very easy to work with and super flexible he woke up at 5 AM to shoot our wedding amazing!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Dongyu 路 Married on 12/26/2018

Photo shoot in Key West

My husband and I hired Mike for a wedding photo shoot in Key West! It was an excellent experience working with him. He is fun and cheerful and has very unique, creative and amazing perspectives. He made us feel very comfortable during the entire photo shooting process and captured all the special and important moments for us. We got the edited images much faster than we expected and we love them! One of our photos even won an WPJA Artistic Award! We would definitely recommend Mike to anyone.

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria 路 Married on 12/07/2018

My fiance hired Mike back in August to come along on a boat ride with us, posing as a travel photographer, for a surprise engagement shoot. Not only did Mike do an excellent job at playing along with the surprise, he captured the most unbelievable pictures of the event. From the moment we got on the boat to right when I said "Yes", Mike was hiding behind us capturing every second. Afterwards, we did an entire engagement shoot on the island, followed by some dolphin watching where Mike got some awesome shots for us! Throughout the entire day Mike was so professional, polite, and fun! You can tell that he is truly a professional at what he does and has such a passion for photography, which shows in every single one of his pictures. He helped to make our day one that we will never forget. Months later, we still have people telling us how amazing our photos are! If you are looking for a photographer in Key West, look no further. You will not regret hiring Freas Photography!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Gabby 路 Married on 11/15/2018

So far we have only shot our engagement shoot, but it turned out to be one of the best experiences ever!!! Mike went so far out of his way to capture our dream photos and his creativity is off the charts amazing! The aniticipation for the wedding and the memories he will capture there is extremely exciting! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Freas Photography's reply:

Wow! thanks so much for this!
  • Lauryn

Lauryn Vaughn 路 Married on 10/27/2018

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Mike was one of the first vendors we hired after getting multiple recommendations to do so. Between our engagement shoot and our wedding, we can't imagine having a better, more genuine and dedicated person to capture some of the biggest moments in our new life together. We now consider Mike an invaluable part of this new adventure and a dear friend. If you're on the fence about hiring him, jump the fence and just do it! You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Kayla 路 Married on 09/22/2018

I've had the opportunity to work with Mike on multiple weddings, and I cannot begin to express how professional and creative he is with all of his clients! As a wedding planner, I appreciate how involved he is throughout the entire planning process. Mike is always in constant communication with his couples to ensure he captures their special day perfectly. One thing I've noticed, and really like about Mike, is that he always gets to know his couples and forms lifelong friendships along the way.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Thanks Kayla! I love working with you and Say Yes

Kayla 路 Married on 09/22/2018

We hired Mike for our wedding in Ohio, and we could not be happier with our decision! Although we gave Mike a bit of a challenge, with having separate venues and roughly 160 guests, he captured our entire wedding day with ease!!! Our wedding photos tell our story, and brings back all of those amazing feelings that we had throughout our wedding weekend. We cannot wait to see the rest!!! If you hire Mike for your event, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Brittany 路 Married on 08/10/2018

Michael was incredible to work with. We came across his photos online and fell in love with his perspectives and colors. From the first phone call, to receiving our photos, we were extremely pleased. Michael spent time with me on the phone sharing helpful advice on so many aspects of our wedding day, beyond photography, and helped us in making many choices for our big day. Every one of his suggestions was a hit. My husband and I were a little nervous about feeling 鈥渘atural鈥 in our photos, as photo shoots are out of our wheelhouse, but Michael made us feel incredibly comfortable and had us laughing and smiling all the way through. Our photos were sent to us faster than we could鈥檝e hoped for, and we couldn鈥檛 be happier. We have received so many compliments on the beauty and vibrancy of our photos. We would definitely recommend Freas Photography to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Tara 路 Married on 07/13/2018

There aren't enough good things to say about Mike! He was a pleasure to work with and his photos were breathtaking! The last thing we wanted were photos like everyone else's, and he delivered! If you're looking for fun, professional and creative, Mike Freas is your Guy!

Sent on 08/22/2018