Franklin Commons Reviews

23 | Phoenixville, PA

23 Reviews for Franklin Commons

Kate · Married on 10/12/2018

Book franklin commons now!

We fell in love with Franklin Commons the instant we saw it! The venue is so spacious and unique. It's the perfect mix of industrial yet classy and has so many awesome backdrops for pictures. Kim Savino and the entire Drexelbrook Catering team exceeded every one of our expectations! Ray and Emily were EXCEPTIONAL on our wedding day - even our guests commented on how great the service was! Kim made the entire wedding planning process so easy and was so helpful every step of the way. The food was also amazing and all of our guests left very full!! My husband and I are so glad we chose Franklin Commons and definitely think this will be Phoenixville's "next big venue" in the upcoming years! Please check out Franklin Commons and Drexelbrook - you will not regret it!! :)

Sent on 10/21/2018

Franklin Commons's reply:

Kate, thank you so very much for the kind words. Drexelbrook was so pleased to be a part of your special day. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Congratulations again!

brigitta · Married on 07/21/2018

I am not one to write a perfect review, but these guys hit it out of the park! Kim and her team were 100% from day one. My wedding was end of July and ended up pouring. Half of our guests did not even know it effected the wedding because Kim and her team did such an amazing job setting up the indoor ceremony spot. It was also nice to have the covered walkway outside for cocktail hour even with the rain. My entire guest list raved about the food, especially the cocktail hour options. My family and I wanted for nothing the night of because the team was always checking in making sure we had food and a drink in hand. Kim was so kind and flexible in the beginning as well. My husband is in the military and there were many times we had to reschedule and change appointments around him. This venue as a location also offers so much. It was big enough for my 180 person guest list with room. Everything is clean and the natural light is amazing! I highly recommend this venue as well as Drexelbrook catering!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jackie · Married on 11/03/2017

WOW! We just had our wedding here on Friday 11/3, and it was perfect! First of all, their prices are extremely reasonable and include quite a bit (my sister is a chef, and she was impressed with how much we got with the standard prices)--we were also able to bring in our own alcohol, play our own playlist, and they were flexible with all of it. Kim is very responsive, and the day-of-staff Fatima and Craig were fantastic and very helpful. The space doesn't look like much from the entrances, but inside, it's so beautiful and you get indoor/outdoor space (with great backups in case of rain, which we didn't need!). Can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

Kim Savino is absolutely incredible. From the very first day I met her, she was nothing but positive, happy, and helpful. She made us feel like we were the most important couple in the world every single time we met with her. When we had our food tasting, she had personalized menus made for us and put on a special dinner. It was very evident through each meeting how important customer service is to her and her business, Drexelbrook Catering. On the day of the wedding, Kim and her staff were so incredible, they honestly left me speechless. Fatima and Craig did EVERYTHING and ANYTHING they could to make our day incredible. Fatima even helped figure out my bustle when we couldn't figure it out! Craig pulled my chair out for me every single time I went to sit down (which was a lot). Any time I needed something or my groom needed something, we didn't even have to search for a staff member, they were right in front of us ready to help us and take our requests. I really can't say enough about Drexelbrook, Kim, and her staff. The food was also INCREDIBLE and there was SO MUCH of it! The stations during cocktail hour were a hit and the food at dinner was fantastic. HAVE YOUR EVENT AT FRANKLIN COMMONS!!!! You get the best of both worlds - the amazing venue (with so much to offer) and the amazing staff at Drexelbrook. I promise you won't be disappointed! Thank you Kim for making our day so special - it well exceeded any expectations that we had!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Katharine · Married on 06/02/2017

We could not have been happier with our decision to choose Franklin Commons as our reception venue. Kim was such a pleasure to work with! The entire team was one step ahead of the game the whole night! Not only was the staff incredible, but the space was set up beautifully. We got to take advantage of the outdoor courtyard for cocktail hour which our guests really enjoyed. There is plenty of parking, large restrooms, heating/AC, and the space is handicapped friendly. It was truly the best choice!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Franklin Commons's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine for your kind words. Drexelbrook at the Franklin Commons was thrilled to be apart of your special day. We wish you all the best in your Marriage.

pam · Married on 01/01/2017

Give them a try! they did a wonderful job with my daughter's sweet 16!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Franklin Commons's reply:

Many thanks for your kind words!

Mary Jo · Married on 11/05/2016

My daughter worked with Kim the wedding planner at Franklin Commons. She was extremely pleased with the services she provided. We had the wedding ceremony outside in the garden area and the reception in the indoor banquet area. The place is spacious and they utilized the area in a way that made it seem more intimate. The food from Drexel Hill Catering was fabulous from appetizers to desserts. In addition to cake and cookies, they provided a coffee bar, an ice cream and donuts bar and even served individual pudding cups. The service during the wedding was phenomenal, they anticipated every need and were even on hand the following day to allow us to pick up leftover cake and alcohol. We were very happy and everyone who attended the wedding said the place was terrific. If you are looking for a unique site with a staff that will go above and beyond for your event, look no further.

Sent on 11/16/2016

christina · Married on 11/05/2016

I absolutely loved my wedding at Franklin Commons. Kim and Danielle were our coordinators and they were amazing from start to finish. They were always available to talk by phone or email and usually responded to me within a few hours (sometimes minutes!). They made the planning process so easy and the reception was seamless. The staff at the reception was fantastic. Extremely professional, polite, and informed. There was always someone nearby offering to get me a drink and they also told me when dinner was served so I wouldn't miss it. My guests raved about the wonderful service and food. The interactive stations during cocktail hour were a big hit. At FC you have the option of providing your own alcohol. Kim gave us the name of a beer/wine distributor and a courier service to deliver it, so it was extremely easy and actually very affordable. The day before the wedding I met with Danielle to drop off my boxes of decorations. Danielle literally did the rest. I showed her what I had and she decorated the ceremony site, cocktail hour room, and main reception room. I was so impressed when I showed up for the wedding; it was perfect. Our ceremony was outside in their courtyard and it was beautiful. The courtyard is surrounded by very cool brick walls, nice landscaping and art statues and fountains. Inside the venue has a unique industrial feel with big windows to let in natural light. We had access to the entire venue which was the main reception room which led outside to the courtyard and a separate room for cocktail hour and deserts (separated from the main room by a removable wall divider). My guests loved that they had freedom to move around the rooms and outside. We looked at a few other venues in the area and Franklin Commons was not only my favorite because it was unique, but it was also the most affordable. I would absolutely recommend Kim, Danielle, and the whole staff at Franklin Commons.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Franklin Commons's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! It was such a pleasure to be apart of your special day.

Carolyn · Married on 09/24/2016

I have so many good things to say about Franklin Commons, I don't know where to start! The reps with whom I worked, Kim and Danielle, were friendly, professional, extremely helpful, and answered every question I had and accommodated every need I had for my event, which was a surprise 75th birthday party for my father. No detail was overlooked, not one hiccup occurred; the entire staff was exemplary in their service from beginning to end, and then some! The event space itself is even nicer than it looks online. The food was superbly delicious and beautifully presented. We also had a few guests with special dietary needs and they were met flawlessly. Lastly, all of this wonderful food and service was well within my modest price point. An extraordinary value for your money. I give nothing but my highest recommendation for Franklin Commons! Thank you so much for making my Dad's special day a splendid event!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Tori · Married on 08/06/2016

Kim and Danielle helped make our day exactly what we wanted it to be! They were incredibly flexible and put our vision first. Up until the day before the wedding they were making suggestions on how to improve every detail. I couldn't have done it with out them. The service was incredible and the food was out of this world. I received so many compliments from our guests on how delicious their dinner was and how they never knew wedding food could be so good. I highly recommend the Drexelbrook wedding team.
    T&M Wedding Date: 8/6/16

Sent on 02/16/2017
  • User6623817 · event on 04/16/2016

I used Franklin Commons for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Drexelbrook was the caterer and event planner. The place was unique (it's a converted industrial building) but sets up so nice. It was perfect for the party. Drexelbrook was superb in their planning, suggestions, communication and final delivery. They were on top of their game as soon as I contacted them. It was that type of responsiveness that sold me on the place. The food was outstanding (plenty of choices). On the night of the event, the maitre d, the bartender and the wait staff were great. I can't recommend this place enough.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Steve · Married on 03/18/2016

Full disclosure: Our ceremony was off-site.

We could not have been happier with the event space. Franklin Commons doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it is full of eclectic taste and customization. The simplest touches can turn the space from interesting to intimate. We opted to use the art gallery (featuring works from local artists) for the cocktail hour and held the receiving line under a gazebo between the two spaces.

About the service, you need to understand that Drexelbrook is a very well-known and well-regarded caterer in the Philadelphia area. Franklin Commons is their secondary "alternative" location. However, this doesn't mean the service was stepped down. Even though we asked the staff to be a little more casual, we received the same impressive white-glove service you'd receive at their main location. Kim Savino and the entire staff were easy to work with. They remained professional, but were able to engage everyone personally.

We would absolutely recommend Franklin Commons and the staff of Drexelbrook to anyone interested in an interesting venue. At the very lease, get yourself a tour and see for yourself. The space, service, and food were fantastic.

Sent on 03/21/2016
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/03/2015

The Franklin Commons was the perfect venue choice for us. Absolutely perfect for any couple seeking an alternative wedding venue with a lot of personality.

I (the bride) used to work for a music organization based there several years ago, but I had never realized they hosted weddings until I started planning my own. While the reception venue (Franklin Hall) may appear bare during the day, it really gives you a LOT of opportunity to express your personal taste through decor choice.

We really tried to utilize the venue's unique character (industrial yet artsy) and color-scheme into our decorations, and the final product truly exceeded our expectations.

Unfortunately it rained all day (and several days prior to) during our wedding, but the staff of Drexelbroom, who operates out of Franklin Commons, was extremely accommodating and helpful transitioning the venue over. The food was incredible, the staff constantly friendly and attentive, and it ended up being the perfect day!

Finally, it is important to note how many compliments we received. Our guests were truly blown away. From the delicious food to the beautiful venue, our guests were raving about the wedding.... And they still are! Our photographer, especially, was so inspired by the venue. She said it was the best wedding shoot she's had to date!

Thank you, Franklin Commons. Our day was amazing!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2015

As soon as we walked in to the venue we knew we wanted to get married there. You enter in through an art gallery that is alway changing, into a beautiful courtyard with sculptures. The courtyard is the perfect combination of interesting industrial architecture and soft and natural landscaping. The hall is a wonderfully light filled space with floor to ceiling windows looking out into the courtyard. Our guests loved the space and the food!

Plus, Kim and the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Andrew · Married on 08/08/2015

Franklin Commons and Drexelbrook Catering provided us with the most perfect wedding we could have imagined. Kim Savino was our point of contact thought the entire process, and was available every second we needed her, making sure every detail we wanted was perfect - she was a delight. Going into our wedding night we were confident it would be great, but Franklin Commons exceeded our expectations in every way possible. We couldn't have been happier with every aspect of the night. I highly recommend Kim and her team.

Sent on 08/24/2015

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding ceremony and reception at the Franklin Commons. All of the guests commented on how cool and different the venue was from a typical hotel or country club. Everything was beautiful and the staff set up all of my decorations I had/made (and I had A LOT) and it all looked perfect! We worked with Christina during the whole planning process and she was great! She was very kind and helped me every step of the way! She was professional and responded quickly to my never ending emails. Like I said the staff set up all of the decorations the day of the wedding so that was one less thing I had to worry about. Christina and Kim were wonderful the day of the wedding too, they made sure things ran smoothly and made themselves available if we needed anything. We actually had a problem with our DJ the night of the wedding and Christina and Kim volunteered right away to go up and talk to him for us and helped to fix the problem. Every member of the staff was polite and very helpful, they made sure my husband and I had everything we needed the evening of the wedding, they were very attentive to us. Also, the food was amazing! Our guests raved about the food, they loved all of the food during cocktail hour and the entrees as well. I would definitely recommend having your wedding at the Franklin Commons, it is such a unique place and the people are great to work with, you definitely won't be disappointed! We can't thank you all enough, you helped make our wedding everything we ever wanted and we will never forget that!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2013

I would recommend this venue for any event but especially weddings. My wedding here was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Met all my expectations!

Sent on 12/07/2013

This alternative venue is so wonderful. It is a blank canvas that can be transformed into anything you can dream of. There is a beautiful outdoor component to it as well. It is very accommodating to any size guest list. They work with a preferred vendor of Drexelbrook catering and they make sure everything goes off without a hitch. Their food is delicious and their prices are extremely reasonable. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Donna · Married on 10/13/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Franklin Commons. Kim was very accommodating, a joy to work with and tried her best to get everything just the way our daughter wanted it. The place was very spacious and had a number of places inside and outside that allowed people a lot of flexibility and room. So many guests commented on this. The appetizers were delicious and the waiters made sure our guests got all they wanted. You never had to hunt down a server. The meal was excellent, so many people commented on how great the food was. All the staff was very helpful throughout the evening and made our night very enjoyable. They also responded quickly to any issues that arose. While wedding receptions are never cheap, we felt Franklin Commons provided excellent value for our money. We recommend the facility, the staff, and the food to anyone who is looking for a place for a wedding.
    A friend commented on how there is always something negative about a wedding venue but for the life of her, she couldn't think of one for Franklin Commons.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Nancy · Married on 05/07/2016

My daughter and I looked at many venues for her wedding. We were looking for a venue with a unique feel and the ability to be creative in decorating. When we walked into Franklin Commons we knew we found what we were looking for and more. You enter through an ever changing art gallery into the outdoor patio area with great sculptures and garden fountains that is ideal for your cocktail hour. The venue itself was once a silk factory so it has an industrial feel and the decor and lighting lends itself to it. We met with Kim Savino, the Event and Wedding specialist who helped with the planning. I cannot express enough how awesome Kim and her staff were. She was very prompt in answering any email or phone calls we had. We had different decorations for several of the tables and the staff took great care on putting them together and they even incorporated all the extra flowers we had into the cocktail area which we decided that morning to bring it indoors because of the weather. When we came in that evening the place looked spectacular. All the food was delicious and served beautifully. I'm still getting compliments of how great the food and venue were. I can only give the highest praise to Kim and her staff, they did an outstanding job. They far exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Kim was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process! She always responded to emails quickly, even if I had asked the same question 5 times before. Franklin Hall was beautiful! It has a very industrial feeling through the reception hall and the courtyard/campus walk. Plus this is a great value! I fell in love with the venue after I walked into the space but the pricing made it an even sweeter deal! Pictures just don't do this place justice.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Kim is amazing to work with! She is very responsive and enthusiastic. I was comfortable from day one and felt in good hands. This was the first Bar Mitzvah we had ever planned and we will come back for the next one! The place looked beautiful and the food was great!

Sent on 01/28/2016